TD Bank Employee Reviews

Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
TD Insurance Claim
Claim (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
Having experienced roles across multiple departments - from Wealth Management to Credit Cards to TD Insurance, where focus is on achieving cost efficiencies by:
1. Reducing workforce - laying off over 40 people last year in one department alone
2. Increasing the workload on frontline "colleagues" to unmanageable levels and setting unachievable goals - processing of over 200 claims per claims analyst, which results in severage pay cost avoidance when "colleagues" quit,
3. Freezing compensation and forcing overtime - resulting an increase in number of employees on stress leaves, followed by an increase in long-term disability deductible from paycheques to unprecented levels, currently at over $400 per month, and
4. Minimizing customers' claim payouts to reduce claims costs and improve profitability at the expense of poor customer experience as demonstrated by missing Net Promoter Scores
Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Poor training. Managers lie to cover their own butts
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Only worked here short time. Seems like management lies. Training is worthless. They expect you to do 5 days of training which you cant even finish the online learning in time or get proper training hands on. Left on your pwn to figure things. Training is very little and then expect you to know everything day one. Just be prepared to go extra mile. Watch videos at home. Try to get proper hands on training. Write down all of your questions and present to managers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor training
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
Bleed Green!
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I loved working for TD Bank. The opportunities for development and fun, engaging culture set a high bar. I would work for TD again in a flash.
The most enjoyable part of the job, as always, was the amazing team I worked with.
The only concern I had as an employee was work/life balance, or lack thereof. The one department I worked in was involved in production support of live customer environments and as a result, long hours were expected and not necessarily rewarded/acknowledged. I can tell you my yearly bonus (which was amazing) didn't cover the overtime worked in my more senior roles. Something for me to consider if I ever return to the company.
Pros
opportunities for development and advancement; engaging culture
Cons
long hours in more senior roles (depending on the line of business you're in)
Friendly and Learning Place to work
Credit Coach, Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
- Customer Oriented Workplace
- Employees are not the priority however work-life balance is good
- Multiple internal job opportunities however,
- Potential to grow is limited
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Salary
It is a very good environment to work in.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.
Awesome company to work
Full Stack Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Awesome company to work. Good policies, health benefits and flexible work timings. Good management, encourage to grow up personally as well as professionally.
Good environment
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Good flexible environment. Well resourced. Politics inevitable. Convenient location. Fair compensation for full time employees. Can use with more structure.
n/a
Credit Protection Retention Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
It is a very good organization to work with. Amazing coworker and managers. Excellent benefits and salary and have opportunities to grow within the organization.
Meeting very interesting people
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2017
Enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. Great benefits, great staffs. A lot of learning from money exchange to selling bonds and certificates, RRSP etc...
Pros
great benifits
Cons
impatient client
Great place to work with great flexibility
Fraud Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Been working here for a couple of years now. The work atmosphere is great , great team members and awesome atmosphere. Flexible with lots of benefits.
Unproffesional Managment and Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Bullies and cheaters get rewarded.
Honest workers get kicked to the curb.
Toxic environment.
Don't bother going to HR ....they will give you the run around.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Everything else
fun friendly efficient
Casual Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 January 2017
Great company to work for very flexible, engaging and always willing to train and coach for success. pay benefits and duties well worth it
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.