TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
Environment that encourages learning and focuses on the employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
A typical day begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch.
My co-workers were friendly and always willing to work together creating a great sense of team spirit. Management was always supportive and helped employees develop themselves professionally.
The most enjoyable part about the job in coming into work and seeing and working with amazing people
Pros
flex hours
Cons
nothing
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
Good Place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2016
Excellent training. Worked in several branches with a lot of great people.

A place where you could advance at a reasonable pace.

I enjoyed working with the clients, whether it was opening a new account, making a new investment or applying for a loan or mortgage.

It was always rewarding to see a satisfied client.
Pros
Good Training and advancement.
Cons
Often had to report to too many different Head Office Managers.
I work hard working. I am dedicated and strong and get along with almost anyhone.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
I have worked for over 12 years at my current company. I am loyal, get along with almost anyone. I am loyal and dedicated. I get along famously with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone out and spreading myself too thin.
Pros
Awesome worker, get along with everyone, fantastic personality
Cons
Not being able to say no - and I should push back a bit more.
Excellent people and culture with challenging project work
Managing Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
The culture at TD is excellent with a fantastic work/life balance. There are a myriad of opportunities across the different areas which can give a person all the variety and challenge they want - particularly at more junior levels.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, challenge
Cons
Very difficult to make executive ranks
I grew with the bank over the 26 years I was employed there.
Associate Manager, List Management Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
My previous role lasted 16 years because the department I had been a part of and watched grow over that time, had a high retention rate. This was due in part to the respect we had for each other and our harmonious leader who gave us a lot of independence but was there when escalations were needed. TD as an institution also fostered a cohesive working environment by listening to its employees and making it a great place to work .
Great Culture - Great To build Career
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Worked at TD for 11 Years.

Started as a Bank Teller, and worked my way up to corporate.
You will learn more here than you will at any bank hands down.(In my opinion)
You will literally touch with every department at some point and learn something new. Plenty of skills you can take in your next career move.
Pros
Tremendously growing organization with great culture and collaboration with other business units.
Cons
Management is unorganized, a lot of favoritism occurs, and you do not get much time away from work
Has become very stressful place to work.
Personal Banker/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2016
Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.
A great place to move forward
Manager, Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
My experience as Manager of Customer Service for four years had me creating and presenting training material to employees of the entire branch; this position allowed me to improve my teaching, communication, interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills
Pros
positive moral
Cons
communication with Management
Fun place to work and great team.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Busy environment with a variety of duties. Fun team to work with and having team building events. Working with AV equipment setting up meetings for management meetings with clients. Team pulled together to get specific jobs completed. Co-workers always helpful.
Pros
Excellent employee outlook.
Cons
working extra time
TD Bank is a successful corporation with top leading technology and employees.
IT Analyst - Application Response Team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Typical day consists of resolving production issues in a timely manner to mitigate impact to the clients. To investigate negative trends that could potentially lead to outages and to assist in resolving these negative anomalies and stabilize the environment. The individuals I work with work together as a team, we are all dedicated to provide the best service to our clients and each other.

The hardest part of this job is the pressure and stress when working on a production issue and having it resolved in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of this job is my fellow co-workers and the service that is provided to our clients and knowing they are satisfied.
Pros
work and home life balance
Cons
shiftwork
Easy and relaxed environment
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
TD Canada Trust is a great company with friendly management. My typical day at work starts with buzz meeting were an overview of previous days performance is discussed along with SLA to meet on the current day. The culture at TD is very relaxed you are given the freedom to allocate you own brake, but don't get fooled you are always being watch.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Amazing place to work for and the team is just marvellous to work with. Everyday there is something new to learn which challenges me and motivates me to look forward for the next day. My managers are very helpful as well and help me with all queries. A positive attitude is required to work here and your day is full of fun.
Pros
TD perks and discounts on all their services and products
Cons
huge customer line ups during fridays
Hard working staff, siloed roles and responsibilities
ECM Platform Owner and Senior Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 20, 2015
TD is a good place to work. The talent is there, however as with most large oganizations, it takes a lot to implement projects successfully. There are many teams with many roles, everyone needs to be involved. As we move towards more iterative and agile development, to compete with "disruptive" technology companies, TD will need to evolve its change management and development processes.
Pretty good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONApril 25, 2016
The management was fair and there were opportunities for advancement. Like any other workplace, it had typical office politics and some bad managers with no education that did not know too much about the business and yet had a managerial job.
Pros
Good health plan and overtime
Became a lean mean enterprise
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntMarch 2, 2016
TD was a great employer up until 2013 when they adopted a lean approach.

Many positions are now hired in the USA.

People I know still employed there are not happy.

Long work days with many layoffs.

Turn over in Sr. Managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, many lay offs, lots of employee turn over
Not a good environment
Credit Analyst Consumer Corporate Segment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Secretive culture, management kept employees in the dark, employees were only advice contracts were not being extended 2 weeks before contrarctss ended, felt more like a highschool as management would take attende of employees every morning and if you were late by a minute or 2 they would write you up but if you left 10 or 15 minutes latter that was okay and not recognized, worst work experience ever
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Great company to work for.

I've shown an interest towards taking on more responsibilities and they were supportive of this goal by investing in me such as education and setting time on a periodic basis for goal-setting.
Pros
Excellent brand name, professional atmosphere; Work Life Balance
Cons
Leader taking credit for underling's work but not taking responsibility for their own mistake