TD Bank Employee Reviews

Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
Bleed Green!
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I loved working for TD Bank. The opportunities for development and fun, engaging culture set a high bar. I would work for TD again in a flash.
The most enjoyable part of the job, as always, was the amazing team I worked with.
The only concern I had as an employee was work/life balance, or lack thereof. The one department I worked in was involved in production support of live customer environments and as a result, long hours were expected and not necessarily rewarded/acknowledged. I can tell you my yearly bonus (which was amazing) didn't cover the overtime worked in my more senior roles. Something for me to consider if I ever return to the company.
Pros
opportunities for development and advancement; engaging culture
Cons
long hours in more senior roles (depending on the line of business you're in)
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season
Its not all that!
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
Don't let the Ad's fool you, there isn't work/life balance. There was a time that you were able to work from home a few days, however many managers no longer believe in that. There is no culture there. Everyone keeps to themselves and are worked to the bone. Folks go on breaks alone, eat alone and pretty much work alone. Flex work spaces are set up where you come in a grab a desk, you aren't sitting with your team mates if you happen to have any. Teams are let go without a second thought and your job is given to others just like that. TD knows nothing about loyalty to their employees!
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
Professional and Good place to work
Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
Good place to work. Professional Environment. Good work culture. Had good and healthy job work-life balance. Overall good management. Co-workers are really helpful.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
Friendly and Learning Place to work
Credit Coach, Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
- Customer Oriented Workplace
- Employees are not the priority however work-life balance is good
- Multiple internal job opportunities however,
- Potential to grow is limited
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Salary
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
Very friendly environment and caring leadership
Business Analyst - Finance Production Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
TD, Finance Production Support is an amazing team
I enjoyed the friendship and relationship with my co workers
The management is supportive of employee growth
Pros
Perfect work life balance
Cons
Very busy
Bank Manager is a very respected position.
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Mb30 January 2017
For 30 years,I provided customer service and sales in a financial environment.Managed the daily operations of the Bank and coached employees, while ensuring bank policies and procedures were followed.Experienced in all phases of Banking and developed a broad managerial ability to work effectively with all levels of senior management.The most enjoyable aspects of banking, was working with customers, employees and the considerable work that I did with
Non Profit Organizations.
Pros
Providing customer service to Bank clients and working with non profit organizations.
Cons
I have no regrets in my experience with the Bank.
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre Toronto22 April 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
Good environment
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Good flexible environment. Well resourced. Politics inevitable. Convenient location. Fair compensation for full time employees. Can use with more structure.
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
Excellent Workplace
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
TD is a highly recognized bank where the work culture is fun and at the same time professional. You are able to engage in multiple events organized by the company to maintain a work life balance.
Productve, loyal to employees
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
I've worked with TD for over 12 years. I have always been extremely proud to be here. It's an environment that allows you to grow as an individual and as an employee. TD provides you with numerous opportunities to advance in any field while allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
positive environment, lots of amazing people that work here