TD Bank Employee Reviews

Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
Bleed Green!
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I loved working for TD Bank. The opportunities for development and fun, engaging culture set a high bar. I would work for TD again in a flash.
The most enjoyable part of the job, as always, was the amazing team I worked with.
The only concern I had as an employee was work/life balance, or lack thereof. The one department I worked in was involved in production support of live customer environments and as a result, long hours were expected and not necessarily rewarded/acknowledged. I can tell you my yearly bonus (which was amazing) didn't cover the overtime worked in my more senior roles. Something for me to consider if I ever return to the company.
Pros
opportunities for development and advancement; engaging culture
Cons
long hours in more senior roles (depending on the line of business you're in)
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
TD Insurance Claim
Claim (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
Having experienced roles across multiple departments - from Wealth Management to Credit Cards to TD Insurance, where focus is on achieving cost efficiencies by:
1. Reducing workforce - laying off over 40 people last year in one department alone
2. Increasing the workload on frontline "colleagues" to unmanageable levels and setting unachievable goals - processing of over 200 claims per claims analyst, which results in severage pay cost avoidance when "colleagues" quit,
3. Freezing compensation and forcing overtime - resulting an increase in number of employees on stress leaves, followed by an increase in long-term disability deductible from paycheques to unprecented levels, currently at over $400 per month, and
4. Minimizing customers' claim payouts to reduce claims costs and improve profitability at the expense of poor customer experience as demonstrated by missing Net Promoter Scores
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
Its not all that!
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
Don't let the Ad's fool you, there isn't work/life balance. There was a time that you were able to work from home a few days, however many managers no longer believe in that. There is no culture there. Everyone keeps to themselves and are worked to the bone. Folks go on breaks alone, eat alone and pretty much work alone. Flex work spaces are set up where you come in a grab a desk, you aren't sitting with your team mates if you happen to have any. Teams are let go without a second thought and your job is given to others just like that. TD knows nothing about loyalty to their employees!
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season
Poor training. Managers lie to cover their own butts
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Only worked here short time. Seems like management lies. Training is worthless. They expect you to do 5 days of training which you cant even finish the online learning in time or get proper training hands on. Left on your pwn to figure things. Training is very little and then expect you to know everything day one. Just be prepared to go extra mile. Watch videos at home. Try to get proper hands on training. Write down all of your questions and present to managers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor training
Good place to work at
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
Management promote work life balance.
Great HR programs to provide helps to employees.
Great workplace culture.
High turn over result in work capacity issue now.
High work pressure.
Pros
nice people
Cons
work pressure
Productive environment with plenty of perks
Insurance Analyst/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 March 2017
My greatest experience in a contact center environment by far. The nature of the job can be difficult and demanding, but there is a lot of support and the compensation/bank perks are well worth it.
Pros
Free coffee stations, clean and modern facilities, recreation areas
Cons
Firm schedules, striking a work/life balance can be tricky
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
Professional and Good place to work
Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
Good place to work. Professional Environment. Good work culture. Had good and healthy job work-life balance. Overall good management. Co-workers are really helpful.
Friendly and Learning Place to work
Credit Coach, Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
- Customer Oriented Workplace
- Employees are not the priority however work-life balance is good
- Multiple internal job opportunities however,
- Potential to grow is limited
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Salary
Very friendly environment and caring leadership
Business Analyst - Finance Production Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
TD, Finance Production Support is an amazing team
I enjoyed the friendship and relationship with my co workers
The management is supportive of employee growth
Pros
Perfect work life balance
Cons
Very busy
Awesome company to work
Full Stack Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Awesome company to work. Good policies, health benefits and flexible work timings. Good management, encourage to grow up personally as well as professionally.
Excellent
Customer Service Relations (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
A fantastic positive team environment that aided in your personal learning and advancement within the company. This was one of the best places I have worked.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
shift hours
Bank Manager is a very respected position.
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Mb30 January 2017
For 30 years,I provided customer service and sales in a financial environment.Managed the daily operations of the Bank and coached employees, while ensuring bank policies and procedures were followed.Experienced in all phases of Banking and developed a broad managerial ability to work effectively with all levels of senior management.The most enjoyable aspects of banking, was working with customers, employees and the considerable work that I did with
Non Profit Organizations.
Pros
Providing customer service to Bank clients and working with non profit organizations.
Cons
I have no regrets in my experience with the Bank.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.