TD Bank Employee Reviews

Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Provides challenging opportunities
Provides growth potential.
Provides learning opportunities.
Provides an avenue for "career change" without changing companies
Offers Flex Benefits
Various other benefits.
Great people.
Collaborative environment.
Pros
Flex time/place
Cons
Periodic long hours
More cons than pros
Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2016
A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things.

At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want.

I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next.

I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management.

New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture.

PROS:
-Great co-workers.
-Love the customers.
-Love the pay and benefits.
-Very flexible work schedule.
-Great experience.
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
TD bank is a very good company to work for. Management is amazing at helping you with opportunities to grow, and get you wherever you desire to go within the company.
Good pay + great benefits.
Downfall is when you're in school full time hard to create a schedule to go with the banks hours.
- also, very sales oriented. If you will not sell, or do not like selling environments do not bother applying.
Pros
good job
Cons
bank hours restricting from getting desired hours.
Productive and fun to work with,A good place to learn.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Its a good company to learn and be educated about bank business.Excellent company and management and employee.A lots of training and seminars and meetings.Very busy company Day and Night.
Pros
Free tickets and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and meeting, more overtime.
Nice place to work
Data Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
TD is a nice organisation to work. Friendly staffs and accommodating. Staff respect to one another is first class and their Salary is considerable.
Pros
Work live Balance
Cons
So much workload
Great benefits, challenging roles
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2016
Excellent work environment. Great benefits opportunity for advancement. Flexible workspace. Very positive attitude throughout the workplace. Training support available. Community support programs. However too much outsourcing.
Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Best place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2016
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Very Productive and fun workplace
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
Amazing Team, talented, intelligentoverworked brilliant people. You get some of the best benefits and perks in retail. You for an amazing and exciting brand.
fun working place
Data Analyst/Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
i have learned a lot in this work place and the benefits are provided quite good

overall work place environment is really good.
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
Diversity is embraced
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2016
Love that TD embrace every employee from various backgrounds.
They have great benefits and flexible hours. They focus on development and help employees achieve their goals
Average
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
Enjoy working for TD, for the most part. Good benefits and vacation time. The pay is just ok. Not unlike most large institutions it falls prey to adjusting slowly to change or implementing technology solutions as fast as a smaller firms can and do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad bosses
A great place to work - good culture, good career growth and good compensation.
Product Manager, TD - Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2016
I learned how to manage projects, partners and overall - effective relationship management.
I was given the opportunities to lead new initiatives which has resulted in incredible development for my career. I had incredible support from my management team as I learned the ins and outs of a project lifecycle.
In this, I came to learn how to manage a 'team' and truly prioritize deliverables and time - not dropping any items along the way.
I am known as a Subject Matter Expert in the Credit Cards Statement Marketing process and the Statement Online Tool (xMC). This is the tool that gets marketing content uploaded/programmed onto Credit Card Statements.
The hardest part of the job - it is deadline driven. Very high pressure and the same items are due at the same time each month, making it a bit cyclical. However, each month is unique. Marketing campaigns are not the same month-over-month, which helps in having some variety.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the people. The incredible people are what make TD. They are all passionate at what they do and they remember to have fun at work.
Pros
Employee incentive award year-end; good benefits.
Cons
Long hours at times - lack of back-up support.
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre Toronto22 April 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.
Professional and Good place to work
Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
Good place to work. Professional Environment. Good work culture. Had good and healthy job work-life balance. Overall good management. Co-workers are really helpful.