TD Bank Employee Reviews

Dynamic environment. Wonderful people.
F/T greeter at Kingsway and Victoria branch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2017
My branch was often busy. At times this led to it being a very dynamic work environment. The physical limitations of the property, ie: insufficient parking spaces and too few teller wickets, sometimes served to increase tensions among the customers.

My objectives were to deter robberies, which I very much enjoyed, and to try to foster a sense of security for both staff and customers.

All in all it was a very good place to work.
Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
A place to learn and grow
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
I entered TD bank as a co-op associate. The team very quickly took me under their wing, and all were very willing to teach me to business, it's practices, and the operations of our business, and the greater enterprise. From there i progressed into a full time position, and have continued to take on more responsibilities as i grow in my career.

I highly recommend TD bank as a place to work for those at any skill level. TD has an extraordinarily welcoming environment.
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
Typical Day's work as an Office Admin Assistant-Mail clerk
Part-Time Mail - Clerk-II/Office Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON15 December 2016
Working at TD Bank is a great experience. The office culture and environment among the Bank officers, staff and clients are really professional, friendly and approachable. There's respect warmth and openness, when you express your views about work and other related concerns in any given transaction.
Productve, loyal to employees
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
I've worked with TD for over 12 years. I have always been extremely proud to be here. It's an environment that allows you to grow as an individual and as an employee. TD provides you with numerous opportunities to advance in any field while allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
positive environment, lots of amazing people that work here
na
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
1. Over 5 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Administration and Customer service.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Call Center software’s and IOS software’s.
3. Detail-oriented, strong analytical, Punctual and problem solving skills.
4. Energetic, customer-focused individual capable of multi-tasking projects with strong attention to
Detail.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 January 2017
TD doesn't care about their employees at all. All it cares are sales and customers' feelings which is good to customers. Horrible hours for employees to work but good for who are banking there. Poor mamangent team. Low wage and too much accountability.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
Long hours, low salaries
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative and SSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Td Canada Trust because I was able to interact with my colleagues and with the customers. I enjoyed listening and helping them and providing a great customer service experience. I was able to develop very strong communication skills.
Good place to work. Lots of opportunities to build relationships and self development
Risk Analyst - Coop (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
In the workplace, there is a productive and healthy atmosphere. Strong sense of team community. Lots of opportunities to build relationships and self development through programs and events developed by TD
okay depending on where you work in the company.
Mobile Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2016
If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager.

If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.
Pros
training
Cons
slow movement within company.
Fun workplace with great people
IT Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2016
As first line of support for IT issues for the bank, it can get relatively busy with high call volumes specially in the morning. You learn basic information about all the Lines of Business in the bank (retail branches, Corporate, Commercial banking, etc.) and the basic applications they use and their purpose. Management can be hit and miss, a few concerns has been ignored over the years and there is a general lack of transparency. The people I have worked with, my colleagues, are the greatest, nicest, most diverse set of people I have had the pleasure to work with. The job can be stressful as there are days that call volumes will never end due to some issue the team has no control over. You can always learn something new, assisting people real-time and addressing their issue is always enjoyable.
Pros
work-life balace, great people
Cons
compensation
At td
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
This role is required to understand customer needs and identify opportunities to promote TDCT products and services to the customers, referring them to appropriate team members or internal Bank partners. The Customer Service Representative reports to either the Manager Customer Service or Manager Customer Service and Sales.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
My branch is one the busiest in the area, so work is always hectic. You have learn to work quick and multitask.Our branch is also one the highest sales producing branches in our district. We have also won multiple customer satisfaction awards. That says a lot about us. I love working at TD, especially since I am so young and have the opportunity to move and grow in the company. That is really important to me.
Pros
Cash handling experience, sales experience
Really great department to work in
System Operations Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
Merchant Solutions has provided me the tools i need to complete my tasks. Great team is always there to support each other. Diversity is important to TD's culture and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Lots of staff gatherings
Cons
Gets busy, projects could get pushed back
Very friendly environment and caring leadership
Business Analyst - Finance Production Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
TD, Finance Production Support is an amazing team
I enjoyed the friendship and relationship with my co workers
The management is supportive of employee growth
Pros
Perfect work life balance
Cons
Very busy
Good workplace
Risk Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
TD has a good workplace environment, management is fair and accommodating to your personal needs. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Customer calls can be challenging in my current role due to the nature of my job. But i enjoy how i feel valued as an employee.
Friendly environment with lots of opportunities of learning. Flexible hours in emergency , Co-workers are excellent.
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
TD work environment provides excellent opportunities to learn while work. Efforts get appreciated. Managers are supportive. Team collaboration is excellent.
Poor Service
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 September 2016
Not a great work experience. This company is going away from being people and customer based towards only revenue based. The change in culture is resulting in a number of employees leaving this organization.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over worked and underpaid employees that have a fear of job loss.
Productive and fun workplace to work
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Worked on the RDARR project in TD Bank. This was a challenging project and successfully delivered. Constructed several Detailed SRS, Data Mapping, Data Lineage using BRDs to enhance existing Credit Risk Reports.