TD Bank Employee Reviews

Meeting very interesting people
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2017
Enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. Great benefits, great staffs. A lot of learning from money exchange to selling bonds and certificates, RRSP etc...
Pros
great benifits
Cons
impatient client
Wonderful Culture
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Depending on your business unit you work in, your career may be stuck in that institutional silo. Difficult to transition between retail services to corporate.
Enjoyed my tenure
Business Process /Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I learned may skills during the work at TD, Analysis, Reports writing
and Excel, friendly work place and helpful management.
fun place
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work and great experience. People are very friendly also. Although the managers aren't really that helpful. For example, when you need help on something as a new recruiters, they take awhile for them to show up
Pros
Bonus is good. Great experience
Cons
Standing on your feet most of the days
Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
Service Analyst
Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
It was challenging experience dealing with claims and investigation
calling different financial institution mostly RBC Bank honouring or
declining based on investigation.
Its not all that!
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
Don't let the Ad's fool you, there isn't work/life balance. There was a time that you were able to work from home a few days, however many managers no longer believe in that. There is no culture there. Everyone keeps to themselves and are worked to the bone. Folks go on breaks alone, eat alone and pretty much work alone. Flex work spaces are set up where you come in a grab a desk, you aren't sitting with your team mates if you happen to have any. Teams are let go without a second thought and your job is given to others just like that. TD knows nothing about loyalty to their employees!
Terrible if you're in customer service
Phone Channel/Web Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2017
Not the greatest place at all to work in customer service but other areas of TD are great from what I've heard and they offer plenty of opportunities for advancement. My review is solely based on the position I held at TD.
Enjoyable place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2017
Strict adherence to schedule was required
Learnt people management skills
Easy and enjoyable working environment
Dealing with and turning around a bad customer experience to a successful one
Good managers and Team leads
Pros
close proximity to residence
Cons
non
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
Organize, Efficient, Effective, and Productive
Commercial Document Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2017
TD Bank is very organize in every aspect of it as a company. TD is definitely a company for people who want to think, analyze, give solutions, and lastly be part of a community that is pro societal improvements.
Good environment
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Good flexible environment. Well resourced. Politics inevitable. Convenient location. Fair compensation for full time employees. Can use with more structure.
A Day At TD Bank
Crypto Deployment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Each day would start with a personal review of my next occurring deployment. I potentially would have two deployments a day if I was doing a Staging deploy in the afternoon and a Production deployment in the evening. The review would ensure I was ready for Change Management meetings that day to get my CM record approved and also ensure I was ready for Gating which gets the Runbook approved that has specific details outlining all aspects of the deployment. Sharpening my organizational skills definitely occurred with TD Bank. Management was very good at being responsive to our questions, whether in person or by email, and with setting meetings to ensure that everyone on the team had an appropriate workload. The team meshed very well and assisted each other whenever they could to ensure we were successful with every deployment we took on. An example of the hardest part of the job was working until 2 or 3 AM and being back up early the next morning because of a deployment that needed to take place the following afternoon. Management would recognize this and give us time/days when needed to catch up on sleep if we had numerous deployments in a short cycle.
Pros
Flexible schedule, responsive management, location
Cons
The odd hours sometimes were difficult at times
It is a very good environment to work in.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.
Bank Manager is a very respected position.
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Mb30 January 2017
For 30 years,I provided customer service and sales in a financial environment.Managed the daily operations of the Bank and coached employees, while ensuring bank policies and procedures were followed.Experienced in all phases of Banking and developed a broad managerial ability to work effectively with all levels of senior management.The most enjoyable aspects of banking, was working with customers, employees and the considerable work that I did with
Non Profit Organizations.
Pros
Providing customer service to Bank clients and working with non profit organizations.
Cons
I have no regrets in my experience with the Bank.
Stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 January 2017
its a stressful job because you're dealing with people's money at the end of the day and you're talking to them over the phone. You have to use your judgement based on the profile if you are enfact talking to the customer that called in fro the profile or someone else
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season
Had a horrible branch manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 January 2017
Was very fast at picking up becoming a teller and was very fast at dealing with customers, did not do well numbers wise but had an outstanding relationship with staff and customers, I assisted our staff as well as the front desk in organizing, filing, and data entry. Change of branch managers bought in a man who did not like me and from day one began to treat me horribly and on more than one occasion in email called me a disappointment. HR didn't do anything to help as they were always on vacation and my customer service manager just said to ignore him. Left because I couldn't stand it anymore.
Cons
Branch manager
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work. Would be great if they give market rate to their employees. The culture of this place is amazing and I would love to work here for another 10 years.
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management