TD Bank
1,069 reviews

TD Bank Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed doing my work satisfactorily
Teller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Customer SERVICE
Opened new accounts/ closure of accounts
Handled cash and cheques
Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
Enter customers' transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
the hardest part of the job is when it does not balance. and the most enjoyable part is when the account is accurate balancing.
Productive and goog workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee), 77 King Street west, TorontoFebruary 21, 2015
Productive and good workplace.

Very long commute from home.
Good and friendly environment.
Excellent co-workers.
Normal management.
Good
Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I was a summer student for two terms, would go back for full time.
It was a good place to work, with a supportive team and opportunities to advance.
Bank has really good policies, but mid level management often works against those policies
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: too much bureacracy
I have been working for TD Bank for 8 years now in 5 different positions. I thoroughly enjoyed 4 previous positions. But I am really facing difficulties in adjusting into my current position because of the manager. This manager only knows how to put pressure. I am loosing my confidence and always paranoid facing my manager.
Programmer (Current Employee), Falmouth, MEFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good work culture
Cons: contract based positions
TD is nice place to work in. One can come in contact of quite good Programmers. Most of projects are Agile based and provide good opportunity to learn new things.
Excellent Bank for career opportunities
District Vice President (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
A great place to build a career
Fun colleagues
Career advancement
Great reward and recognition programs
Focus on a learning environment
Work life balance
Wonderful time
IT Specialist Solution Developer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Worked with high responsibilities to make a web application in 3 months by my own. It was quite a lot to start from the beginning but amazing support by the team and wonderful result at the end.
n/a
Your resume (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 2, 2015
Overall rating*
Your resume will be visible to anyone. Your contact details are hidden
Counting money and balancing
CSR (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Count money from ATM's and night deposits.
Deposit the money into the proper accounts
make sure everything balances at the end of the day
Amazing place to work
Mbna/ Cuets call centre (Current Employee), OttawaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, vacation, work around your busy life
Cons: not allowed to wear jeans every day haha
I currently work here full time and I absolutely love it. If you have great customer service and you are sales driven then this job is for you.
The managers are great. The senior managers are great. The job is easy to learn. Training is in depth and you catch on very quick.
You feel welcomed and loved at work

Make sure if you apply, stand out from the rest! They interview many people !! Good luck!
Dynamic and engaging workplace that is an industry leader for both employees and clients alike
Analyst-Finance (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great employee benefits - both at the personal level and at the retail banking level
World class organization that is a leader in the financial services industry in Canada that promotes growth and leadership opportunities for employees in various groups including but not limited to: visible minorities, disabled persons, women, etc.

Employees are valued and compensated fairly.

Industry relevant training provided and the organization also fosters a culture of continuous learning and personal development by funding such programs as tuition reimbursement for part time studies etc.

I felt a very strong sense of pride working for TD for over 15+ years.
Productive and active place
Insurance Advice Specialist (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 7, 2015
- Help clients with the following:
Increase credit card limits
Apply for credit
Activate credit cards
Sell insurance
Answer any questions
Sell credit cards
Overdraft protection
Great
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Loved it as my first job. Managers were awesome. Staff is always friendly and open to questions
Two stars here's why
Msny roles last was management (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: used to be a fantastic company
Cons: company has changed
I've worked my way up the corporate ladder in 14 years- it was fantastic. The last 5 years it became less of a family and more of a "job". Leaving a management position was interesting I was able to see a lit if behind the scenes. They no longer care about work/homelife balance, all about business practices - demand more, have numerous cutbacks in a two year period. Increase job account abilities, pay increases are no longer something to look forward to. It used to be such a great company to work for- but I feel has grown too big in a short amount of time and hence the " personal interest " has been lost. As a manager you work far more then you bill the bank for- no problem , give and take- but the take is endless and short staff results in not being able to take lieu time. I am a firm believer that less is more, but with too many cut backs , new products, new procedures , minimal staff it creates a tornado. This company should be on undercover boss and true colours will be viewed. In my district there's been a huge turnover with long term dedicated employees leaving because of this. I admit TD has excellent training/ course opportunities but grab these to benefit you elsewhere. They pay on the lower end of major OFI's. Good place to start out in banking but let another company reward from what you learn. Benefits are terrific , which is the only reason I stayed-. Award winning customer service but no longer reward the staff who are dedicated, efficient.
Stepford Wives
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: strong emphasis on community and diversity
Cons: cult like culture
There is a cultish mentality about the TD Bank has where they like to hatch their young in the branches and raise them in a secluded environment. Outsiders are often looked to adapt instead of bringing new ideas to the table.

Also there is a great rift in the bank between the original TD and the acquired Canada Trust and US accessions.
Low pay and lot of pressure on emplyees
Business Process Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 10, 2014
The pay is not good and they put a lot of pressure on employees to deliver. lots of programs to enhance your knowledge and skills.
Productive and fun workplace
onshore project lead (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 4, 2014
Communicating customer to understand requirement;
defect fixing;
assigning task to team member; code review, reviewing design document; testing.
Hardest part: fixing severity 1 defect.

Learning point: not to be excited in critical situation
One of the best jobs you will work
Admin. Assistant (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2014
Pros: christmas parties
Cons: math?
TD Canada Trust Financial Group has provided me with some of the best work I have ever had the pleasure of doing. A warm environment with good employees and a real sense of community and family. If you are looking for a job that pays well, has flexible hours and opportunities for advancement, then you've found it!
Fun and exciting
Banking Specialist (Former Employee), MarkhamNovember 27, 2014
Assisting clients with their day to day banking needs.

Nice and easy going workplace
Wonderful work place and friendly environment
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
TD Bank is a very wonderful organisation with a lot of good and hardworking individuals.It is also an organisation that has alot of prospect for growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About TD Bank

TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating – Read more