TD Bank Employee Reviews

Had a horrible branch manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 January 2017
Was very fast at picking up becoming a teller and was very fast at dealing with customers, did not do well numbers wise but had an outstanding relationship with staff and customers, I assisted our staff as well as the front desk in organizing, filing, and data entry. Change of branch managers bought in a man who did not like me and from day one began to treat me horribly and on more than one occasion in email called me a disappointment. HR didn't do anything to help as they were always on vacation and my customer service manager just said to ignore him. Left because I couldn't stand it anymore.
Cons
Branch manager
"OK" place to work
Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Bank Manager is a very respected position.
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Mb30 January 2017
For 30 years,I provided customer service and sales in a financial environment.Managed the daily operations of the Bank and coached employees, while ensuring bank policies and procedures were followed.Experienced in all phases of Banking and developed a broad managerial ability to work effectively with all levels of senior management.The most enjoyable aspects of banking, was working with customers, employees and the considerable work that I did with
Non Profit Organizations.
Pros
Providing customer service to Bank clients and working with non profit organizations.
Cons
I have no regrets in my experience with the Bank.
Enjoy in working and lots of good people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The typical day at work is pleasant. Just need to know what your doing and able to arrange the priority in doing the work assigned to you. I've learned so much and I was able to use and apply them in my next employer. The management is very friendly and able to always respect the people around. The hardest part of the job is during RRSP season when you are required to stay longer hour. The most enjoyable of the job is when someone call and letting you know how appreciative they are of your work ethics.
Pros
There's always treats and free lunches
Cons
working long hours during RRSP season
Its not all that!
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
Don't let the Ad's fool you, there isn't work/life balance. There was a time that you were able to work from home a few days, however many managers no longer believe in that. There is no culture there. Everyone keeps to themselves and are worked to the bone. Folks go on breaks alone, eat alone and pretty much work alone. Flex work spaces are set up where you come in a grab a desk, you aren't sitting with your team mates if you happen to have any. Teams are let go without a second thought and your job is given to others just like that. TD knows nothing about loyalty to their employees!
Dynamic environment. Wonderful people.
F/T greeter at Kingsway and Victoria branch (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2017
My branch was often busy. At times this led to it being a very dynamic work environment. The physical limitations of the property, ie: insufficient parking spaces and too few teller wickets, sometimes served to increase tensions among the customers.

My objectives were to deter robberies, which I very much enjoyed, and to try to foster a sense of security for both staff and customers.

All in all it was a very good place to work.
Bleed Green!
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I loved working for TD Bank. The opportunities for development and fun, engaging culture set a high bar. I would work for TD again in a flash.
The most enjoyable part of the job, as always, was the amazing team I worked with.
The only concern I had as an employee was work/life balance, or lack thereof. The one department I worked in was involved in production support of live customer environments and as a result, long hours were expected and not necessarily rewarded/acknowledged. I can tell you my yearly bonus (which was amazing) didn't cover the overtime worked in my more senior roles. Something for me to consider if I ever return to the company.
Pros
opportunities for development and advancement; engaging culture
Cons
long hours in more senior roles (depending on the line of business you're in)
Manager Customer Service
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
Great company to work with, excellent company culture and management teams are always there to support you. TD really cares the employee experiences by creating the diversity and inclusive culture. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a company that truly cares about their employees and tons career development opportunities.

The only downside for the company would be the compensation. All the banks have the similar benefit and pension program, but salary wise, TD is not so competitive. I think this maybe the only reason that people will leave TD to the other banks.
Pros
culture, employee experiences, management, career development
Cons
salary
A place to learn and grow
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
I entered TD bank as a co-op associate. The team very quickly took me under their wing, and all were very willing to teach me to business, it's practices, and the operations of our business, and the greater enterprise. From there i progressed into a full time position, and have continued to take on more responsibilities as i grow in my career.

I highly recommend TD bank as a place to work for those at any skill level. TD has an extraordinarily welcoming environment.
Typical Day's work as an Office Admin Assistant-Mail clerk
Part-Time Mail - Clerk-II/Office Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON15 December 2016
Working at TD Bank is a great experience. The office culture and environment among the Bank officers, staff and clients are really professional, friendly and approachable. There's respect warmth and openness, when you express your views about work and other related concerns in any given transaction.
Think hard before applying here
Bilingual easy line phone representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Worked there for a year and left primarily because of team leader who simply did not know what he was doing and was just plain immature. Was not ready for the position he was given.Just simply too young.
Alot of emphasis is placed on selling td products like overdrafts.
Upper management is useless -don't bother complaining because it is one big click.
Co-workers were great because we all shared and agreed on the same issues.
Work at TD but not this department. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
salary
Cons
shady coworkers willing to do anything to win yearly trip, Alot of pressure to sell...including lying to clients, Management immature and could not care less about staff, Management very hippocritical, 70-130 calls a day, Keep giving new tasks to do without increasing pay.Everybody ends up leaving this department
Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.
benefits
Cons
management style
na
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
1. Over 5 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Administration and Customer service.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Call Center software’s and IOS software’s.
3. Detail-oriented, strong analytical, Punctual and problem solving skills.
4. Energetic, customer-focused individual capable of multi-tasking projects with strong attention to
Detail.
Great experience
Branch internal control officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
Strong company, strive for excellence. Treat employees fairly. Learnt a lot.I work great with any team. I have a lot of experience in customer service, management, and customer service.working with the team makes it all worthwhile. Lots or reward and regonition. At Td, customer service is always number1. You work hard yes, but your opinion always mattered.

I like that I have a second family at work.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
You have to ensure you do not take things personally, with customers.
It is a very good environment to work in.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.
Productve, loyal to employees
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
I've worked with TD for over 12 years. I have always been extremely proud to be here. It's an environment that allows you to grow as an individual and as an employee. TD provides you with numerous opportunities to advance in any field while allowing you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
positive environment, lots of amazing people that work here
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 January 2017
TD doesn't care about their employees at all. All it cares are sales and customers' feelings which is good to customers. Horrible hours for employees to work but good for who are banking there. Poor mamangent team. Low wage and too much accountability.
Pros
Good customer service
Cons
Long hours, low salaries
fun place
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work and great experience. People are very friendly also. Although the managers aren't really that helpful. For example, when you need help on something as a new recruiters, they take awhile for them to show up
Pros
Bonus is good. Great experience
Cons
Standing on your feet most of the days
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative and SSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
I enjoyed working for Td Canada Trust because I was able to interact with my colleagues and with the customers. I enjoyed listening and helping them and providing a great customer service experience. I was able to develop very strong communication skills.
Good place to work. Lots of opportunities to build relationships and self development
Risk Analyst - Coop (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
In the workplace, there is a productive and healthy atmosphere. Strong sense of team community. Lots of opportunities to build relationships and self development through programs and events developed by TD