TD Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company - great experience
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the retail bank - it provides you with great insights and allows you to learn / reinforce / demonstrate core employment skills that you will use throughout your career. Teamwork, working with the public, decision making, work ethic, sales and developing a culture just to name a few.

Banking is changing so you must be a change leader or be very adaptable to change to succeed in a financial institution.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work/life balance a little tilted
work with the support team to meet challenging business requirements and tight project schedule.
IT Manager - AML Production Support Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJanuary 14, 2016
- daily huddle with support team, production problems, root cause analysis and resource assignment to resolve the problem and write-up for the root cause, solution and estimate for implementation.

- learn and improve my problem solving skills, root cause identifications and tools and way to resolve different problems.

- report and obtain management support for short and long term solution with management and identify pros and cons and cost for the solution

- work with the team for assignment of problem resolutions, system enhancements, cross train team with various assignment experience to meet their career needs and improvement.

- enjoyed feeling of problems solved to allow business to continue BAU functions and improve system performance or optimize systems.
Pros
job satisfaction with problems solved to allow business to continue functions
Cons
long hours, 24/7 support and hard work to meet business challenging requirements and tight schedule
A great place to work - good culture, good career growth and good compensation.
Product Manager, TD - Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
I learned how to manage projects, partners and overall - effective relationship management.
I was given the opportunities to lead new initiatives which has resulted in incredible development for my career. I had incredible support from my management team as I learned the ins and outs of a project lifecycle.
In this, I came to learn how to manage a 'team' and truly prioritize deliverables and time - not dropping any items along the way.
I am known as a Subject Matter Expert in the Credit Cards Statement Marketing process and the Statement Online Tool (xMC). This is the tool that gets marketing content uploaded/programmed onto Credit Card Statements.
The hardest part of the job - it is deadline driven. Very high pressure and the same items are due at the same time each month, making it a bit cyclical. However, each month is unique. Marketing campaigns are not the same month-over-month, which helps in having some variety.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the people. The incredible people are what make TD. They are all passionate at what they do and they remember to have fun at work.
Pros
Employee incentive award year-end; good benefits.
Cons
Long hours at times - lack of back-up support.
Great Culture - Great To build Career
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Worked at TD for 11 Years.

Started as a Bank Teller, and worked my way up to corporate.
You will learn more here than you will at any bank hands down.(In my opinion)
You will literally touch with every department at some point and learn something new. Plenty of skills you can take in your next career move.
Pros
Tremendously growing organization with great culture and collaboration with other business units.
Cons
Management is unorganized, a lot of favoritism occurs, and you do not get much time away from work
Productive with air hockey and a pool table and tvs
Legal Demands Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2016
Printing all reports. Puttng a freeze on the customers bank account so they could not take all their money ot of their account. Take the payment out of their account. Make up a draft for the amount that we took out of thier account.
Sending draft to the Government.
NCL as an department that worked on behalf of the government. Providing payments for Child support, Land taxes, any money that the customer owed the government.
Pros
Excelent Benefits, good pay
Cons
could be long hours when RRSP season
Easy and relaxed environment
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
TD Canada Trust is a great company with friendly management. My typical day at work starts with buzz meeting were an overview of previous days performance is discussed along with SLA to meet on the current day. The culture at TD is very relaxed you are given the freedom to allocate you own brake, but don't get fooled you are always being watch.
Became a lean mean enterprise
Sr. IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntMarch 2, 2016
TD was a great employer up until 2013 when they adopted a lean approach.

Many positions are now hired in the USA.

People I know still employed there are not happy.

Long work days with many layoffs.

Turn over in Sr. Managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, many lay offs, lots of employee turn over
good place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
good benefits,co workers are friendly . the most enjoyable part of the job was complementary lunches and birthdays present. make you feel you are part of something grandeur
Pros
td shares, and td money
Cons
management and office politics
Great people, lots of opportunities
Finance Analyst, Corporate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Flexible schedule, great culture and atmosphere, lots of opportunities to learn and advance within. Talent pool is refreshed every couple of years through restructuring.
Environment that encourages learning and focuses on the employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
A typical day begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch.
My co-workers were friendly and always willing to work together creating a great sense of team spirit. Management was always supportive and helped employees develop themselves professionally.
The most enjoyable part about the job in coming into work and seeing and working with amazing people
Pros
flex hours
Cons
nothing
Toxic environment- worst job ever
PCO (Current Employee) –  77 King StJuly 14, 2016
I've worked for CIBC and Scotiabank and TD is by far, the worst. A culture of 'overtime will fix everything' prevails. The project I'm on is managed by inexperienced people who don't discipline the bullies. Save your breath because complaining does no good.
I WOULD NOT recommend them. It all depends on your manager. If you get an immature, inexperienced one like I did- move on and keep looking.
During the interview I was told I could choose my own schedule - hardly. I could come in at 8 but would still be there at 6:00PM.
They didn't understand the PCO role and gave me every low level know-nothing job they could find until such time I could assist with their presentations.
Pros
food court in the PATH, access to subway and GO
Cons
too many to mention
Fun staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
I loved working here, but there was not enough hours for what I was needing.

A typical day would be to help customers with their banking transactions.

I learned how to do my job properly and sometimes dealing with difficult customers.

Management was wonderful. My boss was very nice and accommodating. He had a way of bringing things to you without making you feel horrible.

The hardest part of the job was making sure you aren't depositing a fraudulent cheque or make any huge mistakes. Also the hardest part was that there were not enough hours and I ended up leaving and going to one of my other jobs that were offering me full time. I also found that one of the hardest parts was having to sell bank products to customers.

The most enjoyable part was working in an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no enough hours
Good Organization
Release QA Test Manager / Lead / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2016
TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning.
Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available.
Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment.
Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available.
Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips.
Role of Manager Client services
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ONJuly 5, 2016
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
 Supervise hiring, training, staffing and observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
 Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
 Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
 Coach team to partner with Mortgage Specialist and Investment specialist to build revenue growth
Not a good environment
Credit Analyst Consumer Corporate Segment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Secretive culture, management kept employees in the dark, employees were only advice contracts were not being extended 2 weeks before contrarctss ended, felt more like a highschool as management would take attende of employees every morning and if you were late by a minute or 2 they would write you up but if you left 10 or 15 minutes latter that was okay and not recognized, worst work experience ever
Good Place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2016
Excellent training. Worked in several branches with a lot of great people.

A place where you could advance at a reasonable pace.

I enjoyed working with the clients, whether it was opening a new account, making a new investment or applying for a loan or mortgage.

It was always rewarding to see a satisfied client.
Pros
Good Training and advancement.
Cons
Often had to report to too many different Head Office Managers.
Fun workplace
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Great company to work for. Good benefits.
People are very friendly knowledgeable and hard working.
Flexibility - good work life balance.
Amazing work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 13, 2015
Amazing place to work great benefits
Great work life balance
tons of opportunity
Good management
diversified industry
Pros
Amazing work balance
Cons
SR driven department
Fun place to work and great team.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Busy environment with a variety of duties. Fun team to work with and having team building events. Working with AV equipment setting up meetings for management meetings with clients. Team pulled together to get specific jobs completed. Co-workers always helpful.
Pros
Excellent employee outlook.
Cons
working extra time
Excellent carreer - a very desirable employer to work for
VICE PRESIDENT - MIS (Former Employee) –  TD Centre TorontoApril 22, 2016
Excellent employer - I had an outstanding career with consistent advancement opportunities and a chance to work in a variety of challenging positions. Morale was high and I worked in an atmosphere where transparency was sought after and office politics frowned upon. Senior management communicated effectively to staff - information cascaded up and down on a timely basis.

The hardest part of the job was having to decide for myself where I needed to focus much of my time - noone managed me on a day to day basis. This also made this aspect the most enjoyable because
i had the independence to opt for myself how to work most effectively, and do the right things to contribute to the success of my business unit.