TD Bank

TD Bank Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and active place
Insurance Advice Specialist (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 7, 2015
- Help clients with the following:
Increase credit card limits
Apply for credit
Activate credit cards
Sell insurance
Answer any questions
Sell credit cards
Overdraft protection
Great
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Loved it as my first job. Managers were awesome. Staff is always friendly and open to questions
Two stars here's why
Msny roles last was management (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: used to be a fantastic company
Cons: company has changed
I've worked my way up the corporate ladder in 14 years- it was fantastic. The last 5 years it became less of a family and more of a "job". Leaving a management position was interesting I was able to see a lit if behind the scenes. They no longer care about work/homelife balance, all about business practices - demand more, have numerous cutbacks in a two year period. Increase job account abilities, pay increases are no longer something to look forward to. It used to be such a great company to work for- but I feel has grown too big in a short amount of time and hence the " personal interest " has been lost. As a manager you work far more then you bill the bank for- no problem , give and take- but the take is endless and short staff results in not being able to take lieu time. I am a firm believer that less is more, but with too many cut backs , new products, new procedures , minimal staff it creates a tornado. This company should be on undercover boss and true colours will be viewed. In my district there's been a huge turnover with long term dedicated employees leaving because of this. I admit TD has excellent training/ course opportunities but grab these to benefit you elsewhere. They pay on the lower end of major OFI's. Good place to start out in banking but let another company reward from what you learn. Benefits are terrific , which is the only reason I stayed-. Award winning customer service but no longer reward the staff who are dedicated, efficient.
Stepford Wives
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: strong emphasis on community and diversity
Cons: cult like culture
There is a cultish mentality about the TD Bank has where they like to hatch their young in the branches and raise them in a secluded environment. Outsiders are often looked to adapt instead of bringing new ideas to the table.

Also there is a great rift in the bank between the original TD and the acquired Canada Trust and US accessions.
Low pay and lot of pressure on emplyees
Business Process Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 10, 2014
The pay is not good and they put a lot of pressure on employees to deliver. lots of programs to enhance your knowledge and skills.
Productive and fun workplace
onshore project lead (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 4, 2014
Communicating customer to understand requirement;
defect fixing;
assigning task to team member; code review, reviewing design document; testing.
Hardest part: fixing severity 1 defect.

Learning point: not to be excited in critical situation
One of the best jobs you will work
Admin. Assistant (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2014
Pros: christmas parties
Cons: math?
TD Canada Trust Financial Group has provided me with some of the best work I have ever had the pleasure of doing. A warm environment with good employees and a real sense of community and family. If you are looking for a job that pays well, has flexible hours and opportunities for advancement, then you've found it!
Fun and exciting
Banking Specialist (Former Employee), MarkhamNovember 27, 2014
Assisting clients with their day to day banking needs.

Nice and easy going workplace
Wonderful work place and friendly environment
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
TD Bank is a very wonderful organisation with a lot of good and hardworking individuals.It is also an organisation that has alot of prospect for growth.
Nice place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 14, 2014
Friendly staff. Challenging work. Great connected location.
TD Provided me with a number of career opportunties to advance my resume
Sr. Manager Credit Card Operations & Admin. (Former Employee), Head Office - Toronto ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: td opportunities were always available for career growth & development.
Cons: in 2000, as a result of the td canada trust merger, many jobs were outsourced to 3rd party providers, hence numerous layoffs occurred.
During my Career at TD, I was able to initiate the development of various customer service infrastructures, policies and procedures, while simultaneously carrying out all the standard management job responsibilities - including staff recruitment, hiring and training. I also participated in major budget development, planning and management activities. At TD Bank, the initiatives I led enabled the bank to turn around client business relationships with several key customers, which prevented loss of the customer’s business.
good experience
Internal Teller (Former Employee), Toronto ONNovember 10, 2014
good experience working with numbers. different environment and salary is too low.
A major Canadian financial institution which provided a entry point for my career.
Transfers Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
The TD Waterhouse investment advisors who had taken on new clients required the assets to be be transferred in. We liased with the other financial institution to complete the process as quickly as possible.
People focused, results driven leader
Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: my people and customers
Cons: lack of resources and support from management
A typical day revolves around constantly adding to the culture of our team- creating a workplace that is un-matched in the eyes of my customers and team members.

We coach to results daily and how that plays a part in personal development which allows our team to think beyond themselves. My team work for the team and the customer, not for themselves.

I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of helping people see the 'ideal state' and I am committed to developing and refining a vision that we all aspire too. This approach has lead exceptional results and YoY improvement. It has also lead to promotions for 14 of 20 people in the last year. My team is the largest exporter of talent in the Region ( which comprises of 400+ other branch teams).
Great Company To Work For
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
TD is one of Canada's best banks and a wonderful company to work for. They have a good work culture and provide employees with good benefits.
N/A
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 23, 2014
One of the Best places to work at. One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.One of the Best places to work at.
NA
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2014
Great Bank, Great People!

Very busy and fasted paced working enviroment
Great Management
Productive and fun workplace with something different to learn everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: unlimited transactions
Cons: long hours
- A typical day at work is helping customers with day to day transactions, such as depositing cheques, paying bills, and purchasing drafts.

- What I learned is the important ways to save and invest money and how to help other people do the same thing.

- The management team was alright. I gave it a 2 stars, because I feel I could've been more involved but wasn't. I'll put it like this, the other customer service manager seemed more helpful than my manager.

- I had great co-workers who were always there to help me along and vice versa.

- The hardest part of the job is when it's really busy let's say the end of the month. Everyone in line is just a little more on edge, so you have to work really effective and efficient. Sometimes, that rush doesn't allow you to serve a customer to the best of your ability, it's just in there and out there, goodbye. It's part of the nature of the business.

- The most enjoyable part is helping people. Seeing them come with a problem and leaving with a smile as they found a solution. Making a difference everyday in the lives of others. It could be as simple as intervening to help co-worker deal with an irate customer or as complex as telling Mr. Jones I've looked through portfolio and see here that you qualify for a credit limit increase and get them to see a financial advisor. Working to make a positive difference is enjoyable!
Productive and Fun
Senior Treasury Analyst: (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
Learned a lot of skills
Great working culture
Dynamic
Fast-paced
Excellent work Enviornment
Senior Program Manager/Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), CreeksideOctober 8, 2014
One of the best places I have worked
Learned latest technologies in banking Industry
Enjoyable part is making the meeting tough deadlines

1 2 3 4 5

About TD Bank

TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating – Read more