TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Incredible company that genuinely cares about it's employees
Sr. Manager, Payment Services (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 2, 2014
TD Ameritrade has taken great strides to become a premier employer of choice. New Omaha facilities are fantastic. Benefit program and employee incentives are top notch. The people and culture make it a very desirable company.
Challenging and positive work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 27, 2014
Work environment that challenges one to deliver a better product. Emphasis on design and creativity in a culture that fosters collaboration. Engaged senior management communicates effectively with associates.
Fun place to work. Offers lots of training. Open-door policy. Managers are very respectful and friendly
Quote/Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: lots of free gift cards, free coffee, free snacks
Cons: far away from the city but not a problem due to the work environment
Enthusiastic and progressive working environment. Competitive co-workers. Rewarding management.
Awesome
Cost Basis Analyst (Temporary) (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, free coffee, beautiful building
Cons: unexpected layoffs
Great place. Awesome co-workers, great place too work. Wish there would have been some heads up as to the layoff though.
Investor Services Intern
Investor Services Intern (Former Employee), Bellevue, NENovember 18, 2013
I worked the two month investor services intern back in 2009. Good money and good hours for someone in college. Unfortunately, they didn't have part time regular jobs; they wanted to interview me after the internship for a regular job, but there is just no way I could work 40 hours and go to school full time. Everyone was friendly, mentors were great, – more... coffee was awesome! – less
typical day at work
Corporate Audit Intern (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 14, 2013
typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to work.
New Client Consultant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2013
good company with a culture that really is centered around employee satisfaction.
Contractor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 29, 2013
I was a contractor for this company and in my short time there I learned a lot about creating travel arrangements and scheduling a CEO schedule
A good place to learn the brokerage business
Manager Operations Control (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: once you reach 10 or more years you are at a high risk of a lay off
There are 3 may divisions at TDA, each one has its pros & cons. The nice thing here is that you are able to shadow other depts and managers encourage you to explore other opportunties.
Great groudfloor opportunity - experience not desired
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2013
Pros: good tools to work with - website, internal systems, etc.
Cons: being treated like a number, literally
TD was a great company when I worked there until 2007, my mom stroked and I needed to make more money so I did not have to place her in a nursing home. I got an offer of $45k from a competitor in 2007, TD would not budge and willingly let me go.

The second attempt in 2012 was eye opening, TD changed drastically. From being a place that rewarded hard – more... work and dedication it became a place of personal preservation and passing the buck to each other. My attitude of issue ownership was far and few between, when I could I would, when I needed help with matters over my head I would rarely find it.

I enjoyed speaking with clients, immensely. Everytime I learned something new, it came from talking with a client. The part I least liked was being more qualified than the managers in charge of our team (none had their 24 - I passed 6 days before my mom died) and being passed over for full time employment in favor of college kids (who I later learned could not pass the Series 7) – less
Financial knowledge growth with fun and hardwork
Consultant, Retirement Account Services (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2013
A perfect Work Life balance with young and energetic management makes life at work fun!
Fun
E-Document Services/Regulatory Agent (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 29, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: job security
Working at TD was fun. Co workers were awesome. Not much to learn but overall it was one interesting work experience that I will never forget.
TD Ameritrade is a technologically advanced company with a myriad of services for all kinds of investors.
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay AreaJuly 20, 2013
Pros: great technology, professional environment, consistent structure
Cons: high turnover
At TD Ameritrade, I spend the vast majority of my time talking to clients face to face, and over the phone. I focus on understanding my clients' financial lives from a holistic perspective so that I can provide the appropriate investment guidance and solutions to them. I work in a successful office in the San Francisco Bay Area and have a book of high – more... net worth clients that I work with on an ongoing basis. Navigating the markets can be challenging, as it is difficult for people to separate the emotional and logical components of investing, but helping people on a day-to-day basis is ultimately very rewarding. – less
Fun place to work
Social Media Intern (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2013
Family-like environment. Great team players. I learned a lot about social business. Management was friendly and warm. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. Everything about it was enjoyable.
Vision to become the better investment firm for todays investor
Division Manager(Sales Director), NES & Workshops (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: opportunity for advancement
Fast paced, forward thinking company with a vision to become the destination for todays investor.
Typical day would include coaching associates, forecasting results, drive activity, strategy sessions, resolve issues.
There is a strong focus on developing yourself and your people.
A Drag
Client Services (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, good co-workers
Cons: short breaks, incompetent developers
Going to work is hard because everything is just so disorganized. Culture is not great, a lot of talk but they do not walk the walk.
review and opening of new brokerage accounts
New Accounts/Estate/Divorce Specialist (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEJune 22, 2013
Pros: great work environment, enjoyed showing up to work; management that wanted to be involved
Cons: jobs being outsourced
review and processing of new account applications for all account types (individual, retirement, business). Receipt and transfer of received computer based faxes to the appropriate department; inbound/outbound calls regarding missing and/or clarification of information received;
Keeps you on your toes
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: they brought the best out of people
Cons: reorganization created lay-offs
Very structured environment that pushed your talents while allowing you to leverage other strengths. Heavy into project management, which I loved. Incredible work environment
Fun workplace
UI Developer/CSD-Consultant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 17, 2013
Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun – more... workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace Fun workplace – less

Regg – June 27, 2013

This might seem like a silly question, but what's the dress code there? Casual? Business casual? Suit and tie?

Retail Branch Intern
Retail Banking Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2013
Gain knowledge of the wealth manager business by handeling clients. Prepared financial statements for the clients and process all incoming and out going checks. The most enjoyable part of the job was team, they offered support and guidance when it was needed.

1 2 3 4

About TD Ameritrade

If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when you're – Read more