TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I got to work from home 90% of the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: worked from home a lot.
Cons: insurance wasn't great.
Working for TD Ameritrade, management really worked hard to make sure that the new employees had a chance to learn as much material as possible. The training class worked well. Working in a call center, it was fun to talk to different people across the country. However, management did not do a great job with making sure the employees had all of the help they needed.
Negative work environment.
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Omaha NEMarch 15, 2015
Ameritrade Clearing is a good to fair work environment. The director of my department in the Clearing firm is in my "top 5" list of best managers. The Clearing firm is flexible, recognizes employee needs, and filled with good people. However it is hard to advance on the Clearing side of the firm as the company did not like to provide Clearing employees with brokerage licenses.

In contrast the the Clearing Firm The Ameritrade Brokerage firm is a poor place to work.

The Brokerage firm had a high turnover rate. Average length was six months for new hires. The slightest transgression could lead to sever consequences. One of the directors took a dislike to the word "unfortunate." Any use of that word or variations of with a client, no matter what the context, could cause a disciplinary incident.

In the Brokerage firm, one needs to have an email for nearly every action taken. Following a verbal only directive without written back up would have adverse consequences later down the road. This includes team leads and direct reports.

Assume every comment made, especially if the manager wants an "off the record" conversation, will be added to one's employee record, in the most negative light possible.
Great culture
Cost Basis Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2015
I love working here... the culture is great! Great growth opportunities, team oriented.... and client centric... My team is very helpful and friendly.
great
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: basic offer
great place to work. rollover heaven. mutual fund focus. great structure. great pay. great culture. great mutual funds.
flexibility of schedule for top performers
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: management that does not know how to sell or how to help you perform better
they are a great firm to work for if you can consistently produce on a quarterly basis and you don't mind resetting the clock over each quarter with no potential for upward movement without pursuing management.
Personal portfolio
Independent Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), New Milford, CTMarch 2, 2015
I manage my personal portfolio with TD. I use its resources for my research and to make intelligent investment decisions
Tough working environment with no assistance from upper management
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: once a month would receive lunch from independent wealth management firms
Cons: no direction ever given by management, never took the time to properly train me, 3 different managers in a 1 year period
TD Ameritrade required a lot of doing work yourself. A typical day would have you reaching out to as many people as you could talk to a day, all outbound calling to clients and trying to sell them managed products, called Amerivest. The hardest part of the job was you weren't able to make any recommendations, they wanted you to guide the client to that decision and make them believe that they chose it themselves. They didn't want their Investment Consultants to make solicited recommendations. The management was more concerned with numbers being brought in, and not helping to further train the Investment Consultant.
Fun place to work
Senior Enterprise Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: nothing
Excellent place to work. I really enjoyed my time and the team is wonderful. I would love to work with them again if opportunity comes.
Fun place to work
Account Manager/Resource Office (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Unfortunately, due to merger with Ameritrade I was only at the company for 1 year but I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about the active trader mentality.
Fun opportunity
Education Director (Former Employee), Draper, UTFebruary 15, 2015
Traveled 3-5 days a week. Travel team made the position an enjoyable one. Stable company with a good name.

Traveling did cut into spending time at home, which was difficult to adjust back to when the opportunity was over.
Assistant Manager - Corporate Actions (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: people, facilities, pay and benefits, promote healthy lifestyle
Cons: training
Training on operations side much to be desired for the risk handled on that side of the business. Otherwise people and facilities are top notch. Very pro-active in contributing to community.
Steady job with good work/life balance.
Mutual Fund Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2015
TD provides a great work/life balance, and is an excellent "right out of college" type place to work while you get your feet wet in the corporate world.
Decent Company
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Working for TD Ameritrade, I did not get all of the best experiences that I could because I was only there for three months. However, management really worked hard to make sure that the new employees had a chance to learn as much material as possible. The training class worked well, but it was hard to transition so much information in such a short period of time. Working in a call center, it was fun to talk to different people across the country. However, management did not do a great job with making sure the employees had all of the help they needed.
TD Ameritrade
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Good place to work, good environment, not overly corporate. Entry level co-workers not overly competent because the skilled ones get promoted quickly.
Great
Customer Service and Sales Representative/Broker (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 11, 2015
This was a great company that I really enjoyed working for. They truly care about their employees and their customers. The company strives to promote high ethics and a friendly yet still competitive environment.
Fast-paste, efficient and productive environment.
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2014
Proficiency is necessity in work performance no matter what department. In order to reap immeasurable benefits you will rely on accuracy of others as they will rely on yours. Even if your job description is of a singular or simple task however its a team effort to reap the rewards. Ideal company to show off your A-game. Good work ethics are respected and recognized.
Senior analyst
Sr. Analyst, Risk, Margins, Options (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2014
Pros: learned a tremendous amount
Cons: location
• Led six-person principal team (Series 24 and Series 4) overseeing 5.8 million accounts with over $470 billion in assets
• Assisted with supervision of twelve-person risk management team.
• Optimized firm revenue while managing risk in accordance with firm and regulatory policy
• Routinely unwound complex multi-million dollar option, equity, debt accounts
• Assisted clients establishing complicated portfolios – both Regt T and portfolio margining
• Minimized unsecured accounts – never broke thresholds with finance department
• Served as subject matter expert on derivatives and trading strategy
• Liaised with back office analytics, technology, and outside firms during integration of Waterhouse and Thinkorswim
• Provided ad-hoc support to tax, IRA, and corporate action departments
• Advised senior management regarding onboarding and offboarding clients – analytics, strategy, profitability
• Developed organization-wide product and trading training with Learning and Development Department
• Contributed to senior-level meetings with outside firms
• Led the team that developed the business requirements for two new multi-line of business trading applications
• Consistently received high customer service satisfaction ratings
• Received multiple awards for excellence from Managing Director and Senior Management
Productive and laid back enviroment
Settlements, Fails Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2014
I really enjoy working at TD Ameritrade. The benefits are good and they care about their employees and reward them well. I just wish they offered part-time positions.
n/a
Client Services Associate (Former Employee), TexasOctober 10, 2014
A good company to work for. The training was really good and I learned a lot about investing.
Great company that provides extensive training and support
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the back office support
Cons: if you dont hit your targets
A lot of client contact via the telephone. Mainly a phone sales job. High volume of out bound calls are required in order to meet the company sales goal targets. Prospects are provided. Some client interaction in person if appointments are made. Great training in sales techniques and a great back office team that are specialists. The branch is nicely set up and technology is very good.

1 2 3 4 5

About TD Ameritrade

If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when you're – Read more