TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Senior Enterprise Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: nothing
Excellent place to work. I really enjoyed my time and the team is wonderful. I would love to work with them again if opportunity comes.
Fun place to work
Account Manager/Resource Office (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Unfortunately, due to merger with Ameritrade I was only at the company for 1 year but I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about the active trader mentality.
Fun opportunity
Education Director (Former Employee), Draper, UTFebruary 15, 2015
Traveled 3-5 days a week. Travel team made the position an enjoyable one. Stable company with a good name.

Traveling did cut into spending time at home, which was difficult to adjust back to when the opportunity was over.
Assistant Manager - Corporate Actions (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: people, facilities, pay and benefits, promote healthy lifestyle
Cons: training
Training on operations side much to be desired for the risk handled on that side of the business. Otherwise people and facilities are top notch. Very pro-active in contributing to community.
Steady job with good work/life balance.
Mutual Fund Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2015
TD provides a great work/life balance, and is an excellent "right out of college" type place to work while you get your feet wet in the corporate world.
Decent Company
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Working for TD Ameritrade, I did not get all of the best experiences that I could because I was only there for three months. However, management really worked hard to make sure that the new employees had a chance to learn as much material as possible. The training class worked well, but it was hard to transition so much information in such a short period of time. Working in a call center, it was fun to talk to different people across the country. However, management did not do a great job with making sure the employees had all of the help they needed.
TD Ameritrade
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Good place to work, good environment, not overly corporate. Entry level co-workers not overly competent because the skilled ones get promoted quickly.
Great
Customer Service and Sales Representative/Broker (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 11, 2015
This was a great company that I really enjoyed working for. They truly care about their employees and their customers. The company strives to promote high ethics and a friendly yet still competitive environment.
Fast-paste, efficient and productive environment.
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2014
Proficiency is necessity in work performance no matter what department. In order to reap immeasurable benefits you will rely on accuracy of others as they will rely on yours. Even if your job description is of a singular or simple task however its a team effort to reap the rewards. Ideal company to show off your A-game. Good work ethics are respected and recognized.
Senior analyst
Sr. Analyst, Risk, Margins, Options (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2014
Pros: learned a tremendous amount
Cons: location
• Led six-person principal team (Series 24 and Series 4) overseeing 5.8 million accounts with over $470 billion in assets
• Assisted with supervision of twelve-person risk management team.
• Optimized firm revenue while managing risk in accordance with firm and regulatory policy
• Routinely unwound complex multi-million dollar option, equity, debt accounts
• Assisted clients establishing complicated portfolios – both Regt T and portfolio margining
• Minimized unsecured accounts – never broke thresholds with finance department
• Served as subject matter expert on derivatives and trading strategy
• Liaised with back office analytics, technology, and outside firms during integration of Waterhouse and Thinkorswim
• Provided ad-hoc support to tax, IRA, and corporate action departments
• Advised senior management regarding onboarding and offboarding clients – analytics, strategy, profitability
• Developed organization-wide product and trading training with Learning and Development Department
• Contributed to senior-level meetings with outside firms
• Led the team that developed the business requirements for two new multi-line of business trading applications
• Consistently received high customer service satisfaction ratings
• Received multiple awards for excellence from Managing Director and Senior Management
Productive and laid back enviroment
Settlements, Fails Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2014
I really enjoy working at TD Ameritrade. The benefits are good and they care about their employees and reward them well. I just wish they offered part-time positions.
n/a
Client Services Associate (Former Employee), TexasOctober 10, 2014
A good company to work for. The training was really good and I learned a lot about investing.
Great company that provides extensive training and support
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the back office support
Cons: if you dont hit your targets
A lot of client contact via the telephone. Mainly a phone sales job. High volume of out bound calls are required in order to meet the company sales goal targets. Prospects are provided. Some client interaction in person if appointments are made. Great training in sales techniques and a great back office team that are specialists. The branch is nicely set up and technology is very good.
Very good employer
ASSOCIATE SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2014
My current employer has been excellent but I am ready to grow in my career and do not wish to relocate out of state.
Employee friendly workplace
Financial Representative Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2014
Lots of opportunities and TD has their employees in mind in the structure of the business.
GOOD
CLIENT SERVICES REP (Former Employee), Fort Worth TxJuly 22, 2014
TD Ameritrade is a good opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in the financial industry. However, you may find the work environment not worth staying the long haul with. Compensation is good on the entry level but slow going forward. The hours are good and the shifts are acceptable. The décor in the call centers are nice, fun and semi relaxing but could stand to be upgraded more often. This is a HIGHLY competitive environment and co-workers can often be cut-throat. Out sourcing job positions also is a factor to consider.
Was REALLY GREAT until last pay plan change
BROKER/INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Fort Worth,TXJuly 21, 2014
Was a great place to stay with the generous benefits and relaxed environment. Until they changed CEO's and then the pay plans started decreasing every year and benefits never really increased. Just stayed the same.
Was REALLY GREAT until last pay plan change
INVESTMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lower than average pay for the industry
TD Ameritrade was a great place to work for a long period of time. I was an Investment Consultant and my main job was to develop relationships and consolidate assets while selling advice.

October 2013 when they rolled out the new bonus compensation they made dramatic pay cuts all across the grid. This essentially cut the pay of all IC's. My pay was estimated to be reduced by more than 20%.
Interesting duties required.
Telephony Engineer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2014
Pros: technology
Cons: management
I was hired to design and implement but was instead used as an operational maintenance support personnel.
Good 6 month experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2014
I only worked at TD Ameritrade as a contractor so its difficult to give a review.

1 2 3 4 5

About TD Ameritrade

If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when you're – Read more