TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 17, 2015
Pros: healthcare was excellent and benefits were perfect
Cons: Their were no cons
National Discount Brokers on typical day was fun and a learning environment. A typical day was giving account information, putting in checks request, and updating account information. my co-workers were very helpful and management when the work load was stressful.
brief
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2015
I only worked there one year. biggest problem is lack of support. They put on a nice show, but are not big enough to support the management they offer.
Great place to work!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Laid off
The culture at TD Ameritrade is amazing and by far the best place I have ever worked. I have loved my time here and hate to go.
Great Environment
Intern - Compliance (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 12, 2015
Productive workplace in which everyone strived for excellence on a daily basis. Great work environment that required dedicated employees to meet daily deadlines.
Fun workplace but hard to advance and pay is not comparable
Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2015
It's a fun to work here, but the compensation and advancement are not on par with other financial service industry positions.
Great Job and working environment
Retirement Accounts Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2015
This was a great job. They trained me with no prior experience and I received a promotion within a year of being there. They did a lot for the employees and employees received a quarterly bonus.
Overall great management and work culture
Client Account Services Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
Everyday was an opportunity to better yourself and your career at TD Ameritrade. Management treats the temporary workers very well by offering a welcoming environment and the autonomy to develop your skills and knowledge.
Asset Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2015
Over all a good place to work, There Hiring process though is that you tell a good story to get a job. Does not matter how much Experience or Knowledge you may have. Just get threw there STAR Format. Basically if you can tell a good story, you are hired.
Overall great place to work
Business Development (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Investment Consultant comp plan allows for high achievers to make good money.
Cons: Branch Manager comp plan needs work.
I've been with the company for almost 10 years. Great culture. Good people working for the company on all levels. 4.5 stars.
great place to work!
Financial Rep Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2015
i really liked working at TD Ameritrade. Great atmosphere, great room for growth and great benefits. All the people are so nice and encouraging
Good Company
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMarch 27, 2015
Great company which has allowed me to further develop my skills and deal with high net worth clientele in a welath management capacity.
Very Productive and fun workplace to be. Made me feel very comfortable being there.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on the weekends
They helped you in any way they could to succeed. They took the job very seriously but also provided places for employees to have fun. For example, ping pong tables, games to play, basketball court, and volleyball court.
I got to work from home 90% of the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: worked from home a lot.
Cons: insurance wasn't great.
Working for TD Ameritrade, management really worked hard to make sure that the new employees had a chance to learn as much material as possible. The training class worked well. Working in a call center, it was fun to talk to different people across the country. However, management did not do a great job with making sure the employees had all of the help they needed.
Hyperdrive
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Lot's of encouragement to be your best
I began and ended as a temp during tax season, but what a ride. I was encouraged by everyone around me to take the Series 7 exam & steak my claim for a position in the company. No, I didn't pass the exam, but the amount of support I recieved as a potential permenant hire has never been matched. I've never had so much fun or been so excited to be stressed. Perhaps that is a pro and con.
Negative work environment.
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Omaha NEMarch 15, 2015
Ameritrade Clearing is a good to fair work environment. The director of my department in the Clearing firm is in my "top 5" list of best managers. The Clearing firm is flexible, recognizes employee needs, and filled with good people. However it is hard to advance on the Clearing side of the firm as the company did not like to provide Clearing employees with brokerage licenses.

In contrast the the Clearing Firm The Ameritrade Brokerage firm is a poor place to work.

The Brokerage firm had a high turnover rate. Average length was six months for new hires. The slightest transgression could lead to sever consequences. One of the directors took a dislike to the word "unfortunate." Any use of that word or variations of with a client, no matter what the context, could cause a disciplinary incident.

In the Brokerage firm, one needs to have an email for nearly every action taken. Following a verbal only directive without written back up would have adverse consequences later down the road. This includes team leads and direct reports.

Assume every comment made, especially if the manager wants an "off the record" conversation, will be added to one's employee record, in the most negative light possible.
Great culture
Cost Basis Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2015
I love working here... the culture is great! Great growth opportunities, team oriented.... and client centric... My team is very helpful and friendly.
great
Investment Consultant (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: basic offer
great place to work. rollover heaven. mutual fund focus. great structure. great pay. great culture. great mutual funds.
flexibility of schedule for top performers
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: management that does not know how to sell or how to help you perform better
they are a great firm to work for if you can consistently produce on a quarterly basis and you don't mind resetting the clock over each quarter with no potential for upward movement without pursuing management.
Personal portfolio
Independent Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), New Milford, CTMarch 2, 2015
I manage my personal portfolio with TD. I use its resources for my research and to make intelligent investment decisions
Tough working environment with no assistance from upper management
Investment Consultant (Former Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: once a month would receive lunch from independent wealth management firms
Cons: no direction ever given by management, never took the time to properly train me, 3 different managers in a 1 year period
TD Ameritrade required a lot of doing work yourself. A typical day would have you reaching out to as many people as you could talk to a day, all outbound calling to clients and trying to sell them managed products, called Amerivest. The hardest part of the job was you weren't able to make any recommendations, they wanted you to guide the client to that decision and make them believe that they chose it themselves. They didn't want their Investment Consultants to make solicited recommendations. The management was more concerned with numbers being brought in, and not helping to further train the Investment Consultant.

1 2 3 4 5

About TD Ameritrade

If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when you're – Read more