TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great training
The company is merit based and promotes from within. I was promoted twice within a year. The company offers a wide selection of training.
More work for little pay
Sales Banker (Former Employee), COLORADOFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: high turn over rate little pay
Expected to do high sales and not be compensated for it. Constantly changed the commission rates. Expected to do outsides sales without mileage reimbursement. I enjoyed most of my co workers
great team
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: mulitple locations
Cons: low pay
Great place to work for college students, pay is poor for teller employees
Unwelcoming enviornment
Teller (Former Employee), macomb, miFebruary 14, 2014
They "released me from my postion" two days before my birthday and didn't let me explain or work through the situation. Just a bad experience in my opinion.
Handled customer complaints.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 10, 2014
Responsible for managing the vault cash, and approval of all necessary transactions. Handled customer complaints.
Sales
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: fun get togethers twice a year
Cons: finds a reason not to pay their employees, and management is lacking in ability to manage on a professional level
This company lacks support from upper management. You work as a team with your buyer and have to depend on someone else to reach your goal and you split the commissions with your partner. Seriously not competitive in the marketplace and are very slow with approval time. Working nights and weekends and holidays( do get Christmas and Thanksgiving off). – more... Overall experience was unprofessional and not a place for advancement. – less
Loved the job but not the lack in management
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIFebruary 3, 2014
I was a Teller and loved the relationships built with the customers. Also, I loved the cash handling!
Loved working here
Supervisor/ Teller (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 1, 2014
We are a very busy branch, I have learned so much working at TCF as far as basic banking and supervisor decision making.
customer service
Teller (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: interacting with the custoomers
Cons: there are non
always putting the customer first is always important. at this company I process customer deposits on a daily basis
My typical day at work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: breaks
I always kept busy, I enjoyed greeting the clients and being that resource for them, I loved helping them process there bill payments opening there accounts and counting the vault at the end of the day.
Not a good company
Teller II (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: everything
Terrible place. Management is non existing. My manager would eat all day and sleep in her car then yell at us for not working.
Friendly cusomers
Teller (Former Employee), Southgate, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: short lunches, open seven days and open most government holidays
TCF takes the time to train their employees along the way of their career with the company
goal based, interactive career
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Spring Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2014
in a typical day i interact with a variety of different people processing their transactions and answer questions as well as resolving any problems that arrive. on top of the daily activities their were monthly sales goal we had to reach on bringing in and retaining new accounts.
TCF-Not a bad place to work
Ops Spec (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Cons: compensation
TCF is an Ok place to work. Could be better, could be a lot worse
Things change fast, but it is about how well you catch on.
Branch Manager II / Officer (Current Employee), Homewood, IL, 60430January 13, 2014
Pros: oportunity to grow quickly
Cons: healthcare
Working for the company has made me into the person I am today. I have gained drive and confidence while employed. I have learned that not one person is alike. While working with the company I have met many different people that always brought something new to the table.
The mananger was not organized which made employees be lost.
Customer Service Rep. Responsibilities (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJanuary 13, 2014
I use to talk to TCF customers about account balances, overdraft fees, and unauthorized charges with their bank account.
more then 40 hours
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), downwers groveJanuary 12, 2014
hard part is getting new business, you will work more then 40 hours
Work was enjoyable because of the banking customers, friendly.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful scenary looking toward the mountains behind the driveup.
Cons: pressure always to open new accounts if possible.
Enjoyed the variety of teller duties, balancing the ATM, working the driveup windows, opening new accounts.
Understanding Company
Inbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2014
TCF Bank was my very first Inbound Call Center working experience after graduating, high school. I learned a lot about communication and listening skills. Financial, fit company is what I rate TCF Bank because the company is well put together.
TCF Employee Summary
High Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: the type of work and being able to prove my successes through my day to day responsibilities.
Cons: managements hesitance to help with situations that left employees dissatisfied.
I began my career at TCF as a document retrievals coordinator. I led a team to help with cases and reviews processed by the Financial Intelligence Unit(FIU). I personally worked with management and multiple investigators from all departments of FIU. My responsibility was to provide requested documentation for cases, such as, deposit slips, check images, – more... account agreements, and many more bank related documents. At the same time I also took on a side job through FIU in the IT department to help maintain and run multiple programs the department used on a daily basis. This included weekly maintenance and reports for multiple programs. I then was promoted shortly to a High Risk Analyst, which is where I reviewed and processed multiple accounts that were alerted to be high risk clients. My responsibility was to determine through research and reports if the client should continue to be monitored as high risk or downgraded to commercial client. I reached and exceeded the goals of this position. The work environment was difficult from day one. Many co-workers were not happy with the company and the work ethics presented and reflected by the company. It made for an uncomfortable work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is it gave me an opportunity to prove my worth and dedication to my work. I was able to show I could handle multiple job responsibilities successfully. I also enjoyed the type of work I was part of. – less

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more