TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
long and busy very sales based
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 2, 2013
hardest part of jobs is the sales because of the way in which we do sales. co-workers are awesome, company makes sure they allow room for you to advance.
fun place to work
Clerical Aide (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2013
It was a good experience and i liked what I did.
I enjoyed everything and everyone was nice.
Teller
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2013
Taking care of customers finances and making sure they are getting the best customer service. I learned about the different investments that a person can make in the banking business. My co-workers were very friendly, as far as my management team they helped me in everyway that I needed to help me advance.
Slow climb to promotions
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 27, 2013
Pros: flexable
Cons: pay
The pay is not good for all the responsibility they place on you. In order to get a promotion you have to have big sale numbers. If you don't like to sell this is NOT the place for you.
Productive Work Day
Bank Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Olympia Fields, ILJuly 16, 2013
Pros: i had every other weekend off.
Cons: had to meet monthly goals.
A typical day at work would be consisting getting change orders and making drops in the vault. I learned being fast does not mean you are always accurate. Dealing with money you have to take your time by all means necessary. My co-workers were professional and very positive. The hardest part of the day would be dealing with some customers account issues – more... that they were having. It was only so much a teller could do. Enjoyable part of the day is taking care of the customers. – less
It was a decent workplace, but unethical it's requirements.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Westland MiJuly 14, 2013
I learned how to balance my money drawer, sell accounts to non-accountholders. I also learned good customer service skills.

A typical day at work is, when you walk in you immediately set up your cash drawer, log in the system, print out your balance sheet. Then after that happens then you take on your first customer.

As far as my co-workers, I worked – more... around some good people, and I also worked around many unethical people, which made the job somewhat uncomfortable.

The hardest part of the job is keeping your drawer balanced, and keeping it balanced for the entire day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, talking with them. – less
Terrible.
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Forest Lake, MNJuly 10, 2013
Do not ever work here. They treat you like a dog and managers don't do any work but lay their heads on the table.
Great experience.
Mortgage Cashier (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 4, 2013
Pros: learn a lot about morgage banking
Cons: n/a
I used to work 8 hours from monday to friday...I learn a lot from my co-workers and my supervisors. They were great ....Great team work...No hard time....I enjoyed my job and the management.
AWESOME PLACE
Sales Associate/Personal Banker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2013
COMPANY CARES ABOUT EMPLOYEES, LIMITED GROWTH,MANAGEMENT JUST WANT YOU TO PRODUCE NUMBERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!
Aggressive sales environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Naperville,Illinois.June 21, 2013
Greater work flexibility is possible since the Bank is open 7 days a week and 364 days a year. Meant for employees who really love sales and can work in an aggressive sales environment.Overall a good place to work at.
Sales oriented workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Fridley, MNJune 21, 2013
Pros: fun people
Cons: aggressive sales
If you are the aggressive sales type then this is the place for you. Advancement among the ranks is highly encouraged.
Excellent place to improve your people skills
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: great place to improve my sales skills
Cons: not enough experience gained. also, i'm not comfortable working so close to a bakery that is in a grocery store.
I enjoyed the fact that I could cell the products of the bank. I am very comfortable selling products to folks I just met. I like working in a bank environment, but I wouldn't recommend working at a branch that is in a grocery store so close to a bakery.
loved this place
Telephone Banker / CSR (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJune 17, 2013
Pros: helping customers
Cons: compensation was low
On the phone all day helping customer with there bank account. Laid back environment.
excellent widespread bankwith most popularity
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 8, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: good
highest number in account holders giving highest amount of
satisfaction. and benefits to the public not only to customers.
which built sound economic society&prosperity to the nation also.
it also uplift the life by giving various advances credit facilities to
the customers.bank also prote
ct the feartrough safe deposit lockers,transfer facility&remittances
bank – more... alsoplay role to increase agriculture procurement through
land reclamation,leveling,irrigation&advancing for wherehouses
to stores goods.it alsopromote poultry,dairing&fishring.italso play
role to promote international trade by discounting &giving letter of
credit facility.it also play role to promote small scale industriessolving
un employment problems.it has alsowide spread lending&reduce
risk rate.thereis team work&cooperation,cooridination in all activities
management is also very flexibleand motivate employees,quick
decision power to accommodate every situation.foreign exchange
&international trade department is tough but I have worked there&
enjoyed well. – less
they don't pay
Banking Sales Representative (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 8, 2013
I like who i work for but the pay is not enough to live on. the company makes it hard to focus on one thing. sales is not my thing and sales are a big part of the job
Great Co-Workers
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIMay 30, 2013
Co-Workers were great to get along with.
Learned alot about the bank
Management was easy to get along with.
Met a lot of people.
Tellers are expected to be every position with very little pay
Branch Teller II/Banker (Current Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIMay 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers, easy going environment
Cons: pay, healthcare, benefits, holiday hours & sick days (paid-time off)
Tellers not only do teller transactions but are also expected to go out on outside sales and open accounts in the branch. The pay is very low and there are no individual incentives. A typical day at work is easy going, slow most of the days. I like my managers and all my co-workers very much, they make the job worth it sometimes. There is no motivation – more... to want to do well because the pay is so horrible for the amount of work tellers do. We work most holidays and weekends, INCLUDING SUNDAYS. Despite my disagreements with the bank, working for TCF Bank has definitely taught me more about the banking industry than any other bank would have because we are trained in almost all aspects of a banking center. However, I do not recommend this company for anyone. – less
Potential dream job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILMay 22, 2013
Typically I helped with customer service issues. I learned more how to successfully balance budget and how to help others with the skill. I absolutely loved my immediate supervisor. The hardest part was not being able to completely satisfy or handle a customer issue on their account. The most enjoyable was successfully meeting all the customers expectations.
Professional and Fun environment
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: health care system
Professional environment to work at with a great team atmostpher. Great company to work for.
great place to start your experience
teller (Former Employee), river forestMay 19, 2013
great place to begin a career as well as the people. the goals were and hours were flexible and also a great way to begin your philosophy in sales.

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more