TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good experience
Teller (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMay 2, 2015
I was a teller, i processed deposits, payments, and withdrawals. I also assisted the supervisors with account openings.
great
Clerk 2 (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benfits are great, pay good
Cons: no cons
Tcf is a great company to work for... I started working as a entry level position and work my way up to Clerk 2 and loved everyone there..
TCF
Teller III/Supervisor (Former Employee), Macomb, MIApril 21, 2015
At TCF I learned everything about daily banking needs. I learned how to balance general ledgers. I helped train new employees and taught them everything I was able to learn while on the job.
Friendly and fun work environment and growth opportunities available!
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Elgin IlApril 20, 2015
Pros: able to communicate with friendly customers
Cons: short lunch breaks
The employees and some Management are very helpful and friendly however youll only grow within the company if the Managers have a personal liking to you!
Its a good learning enviroment
Sales Associate| Bank Teller (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILApril 17, 2015
The pay is horrible , management is horrible. Only good thing is you can interact with all kinds of people to keep your day going.
Great Company
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and schedule fexibility
Cons: Working Sundays
The company is great to work for however depending on the branch its the culture the employee will depend. The branches are like subcontracted by the branch managers the corporate office has no control over the locations.
Fun environment, easy to advance
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jefferson Park, ILApril 6, 2015
Great environment to be in, if you like sales this is your place to be. Alot of opportunity for advancement if you are up for it. Co workers are always great and outgoing people to be around.
summary
BRANCH LENDING MANAGER (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
no support what so ever
Management constantly changing goals and objectives
low pay incentives
too much looking over your schoulder
Bad experience
Teller (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILApril 5, 2015
Not the greatest of experiences. I did not enjoy working there at all. Very stressful work environment. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
fun workplace
Teller (Current Employee), Mundelein, ILApril 3, 2015
great place to work for and always challenges you. great for learning how to talk to people , and learn how to sell. fast paced very friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Learned new products daily.
Learning that things chance every day.
Manager was always eager to teach.
Co-workers where easy to work with.
Hardest part was not knowing everything at beginning.
Helping our customer with there needs.
Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIMarch 28, 2015
The job was okay to work at. Only time it was not fun was when you had to go to try to sale the services to grocery shopping customers. If you didn't meet your goal you were threaten by certain managers to get written up.
An okay company to work for
Branch Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNMarch 24, 2015
Upper management and overall pay for employees is horrible. It's a great company to move up, but it's not worth it. Being an assistant manager, keep track of goals, make sure there is a plan for each day. Employees are awesome, but some upper management are not that great.
Strong Legacy Employees
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 11, 2015
Culture is rapidly changing and company is looking to define its direction. Results in a lot of change for the staff. Exciting work opportunities exist for the resilient person.
Meeting new people on an everyday basis.
Bank Teller Customer Service (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIMarch 10, 2015
Working for TCF bnk was a learning experience.
I got a chance to improve on my customer service skills.
I enjoyed helping our clients.
LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: i was employed
Cons: incentive comes two months after earning it and it's taxed
Working there I felt like all I did was lie to customers because I didn't understand the policies they made us follow. When I was just a teller things were easy and I felt like I could run the company one day if I decided to move up. When I became a supervisor that's when I wish I stayed a teller. The pay wasn't much different and I was asked to do some of the DUMBEST things to get accounts. Instead – more... of them putting the pressure on the marketing department to bring in new customers with creative commercials and advertisement all the pressure was on the people inside the bank which is stupid. How could you possibly want the people in the bank to get new accounts when the people that come into the bank ALREADY HAVE ACCOUNTS?!?! For tellers and management to leave the bank to acquire new accounts that means the existing customers have to wait longer to get transactions done which makes for unhappy customers who are going to tell other people not to bank with tcf. The tellers come and go because of this unrealistic expectation. Tcf has no technology and has the worst funds availability schedule ever made. It was truly impossible to explain to customers why they're account was negative when they never saw their account go negative on their end. But I had to lie to them and tell them "the system" saw your account as negative despite you putting more money into your account that covered the negative balance. I'm glad I don't have to lie to customers anymore I don't see tcf being around for very much longer. Oh and they closed 37 branches but kept saying "We're here to stay" YEAH RIGHT!! – less
Productive and fun environment with a great team.
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westchester, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working in a place where you can grow as an individual
Here at TCF work was a place to go and have your head focused on doing your job. Workers, as well as management, were people who were easy to work with and had great communication.The most difficult part of the job is not being able to help out each customer to get their problem solved, some are beyond what we can do. Of course all jobs that have to do with interacting with others is a little more difficult. You never know wether customers are in a good mood or a bad one. You just have to keep a smile on your face and help them with what you can. I personally enjoy having regulars and knowing that they are happy with your services.
Decent Place to Work When in School
Operations Specialist III (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 3, 2015
The hours were very flexible when I was attending school and now that I am done, it is very hard to advance within the company. The pay is below average of what other banks would pay their employees who are in the same positions.
TCF LOMBARD
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 2, 2015
The staff here was extraordinary. They were more like a family than just coworkers. Everyday we received compliments on how nice everyone was to the customers and how patient we were. it was a great experience!
Wonderful people to work with
IT QA Engineer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2015
All the TCF employees I worked with were extremely helpful and more than willing to share any and all knowledge of their jobs.