TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Inkster, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, customer relationships
Cons: minimum advancement
Very good job for someone looking for experience in the banking industry
Net Developer (Former Employee), MNJuly 23, 2014
Developed a 3- tier web application following Agile development methodology.
Involved in Design, Development and Testing of Web Forms and Web Services using IIS 6.0, ASP.NET, XML, and ADO.NET.
C#.NET is used to program business logic including Code-behind files and Classes in the middle tier.
Developed Admin Module web pages to enter new policies, edit – more... privileges, and to edit improper user approvals. Developed Customers Moduleweb forms to access PBS services.
GUI of both modules is developed using HTML, .NET Controls and C#.
Created the SSRS Reports which can be used in the reports module using report viewer
Created SSIS Packages for Integrating data from one system to Main System
Used JavaScript and .NET Validation Controls for performing client-side validations. – less
Friendly, fun coworkers
Teller (Current Employee), Shelby Twp, MIJuly 22, 2014
Some days are really slow, others you never know what to expect or what kind of customers you will have that day. The coworkers are fun and friendly to work with.
Great place for no-experience advancement, not so much to opportunities on a higher level
Branch Manager- level III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: multiple trips/events if top sales performance, great work/life balance
Cons: compensation level and advancement stop at a certain point
There is no typical day at TCF Bank and that is probably the most rewarding part of the job. Different customers, different issue, new goals or processes every day. Turnover is high because most of the lower level employees are part time workers, while in school. The upside/downside is the experience of working with new people frequently.
I work on – more... University Campus and the atmosphere is much better considering the type of customer we service. Typical day consists of GL balancing, sales huddles and staff organization. The bank participates in multiple events on Campus and communications with University departments and student groups are frequent. I mostly do new account openings and organization of daily activities for the rest of the 10-12 people staff. Managing activities, recognizing development opportunities, training and promotion of employees. Operations have to be maintained on a high level- daily GL balancing, cash balancing, compliance requirements and other operational standards have to be met.
Me and the staff get paid incentive upon successfully meeting/exceeding monthly sales goals. No incentive if Audits are failed. – less
Fun work place
Office Specialist II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: lunches are nice
Cons: moving in a few years
Nice hard working people. Days are filled with work, work and more work.
great place to start
TELLER (Former Employee), palso heighsJuly 14, 2014
this was a great stepping stone for me. I recommend for every college student.
The Worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 10, 2014
Management was terrible and vacation time and compensation is so low for what they have you do.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: have to work weekends and holidays
I learned a lot about banking business. The company helps you to grow into the company. I made good friends. Management is great, they motivate you and they are always willing to help you. Great place to work.
N/a
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 2, 2014
I loved working as a bank teller , it was an awesome experience! the customers was wonderful and always left with a smile.
A job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJuly 1, 2014
Its ok. Almost everyone I worked with was nice. Greay start to a banking career.
Call Center work environment
Center Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gym
Cons: advancement
Calls consisted of helping customers review their bank balances and discussing overdraft fees. I learned a lot about banking. The hardest part of the job for me was advancing to another position even when qualified. The enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
SALES SALES SALES
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: united health care benefits taken out of check every two weeks (very expensive), so much pressure from sales activities
Typical day: SALES SALES SALES

Customer service is limited. Opening up accounts for new customers is the key in some managements eyes.

Coworkers make the day go by faster and easier.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with regional and management in regards to sales and getting accounts. If you dont hit your goal, you are threatened with termination – more... or a write up.

You can advance in the company. some tellers advance within months to supervisors.

Training is paid for all TCF training classes. – less
Bank Teller/Sales Associate
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn parkJune 20, 2014
Pros: handled my own sales.
Cons: not enough pay.
Helped customers with bank transactions. Introduced new products and promotions to the customers. Opened new accounts. Handled a cash drawer and counted cash vaults.
Dollars and cents
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Denver COJune 13, 2014
A typical day started at 6:30am. I was in charge of getting the bank open and operational by 7am. I was directly reponsible for all aspects of the bank including sales, cash management, employee productivity, scheduling, hiring, training, regulatory compliance, and day to day operations.I truely enjoyed the challenge of an ever changing work day.
an okay company
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), IlliniosJune 9, 2014
good pay stressful job upper management was interested in opening up new accounts the coworkers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers .
Good place for advancement opportunities
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJune 2, 2014
TCF Bank Tellers/Sales Associates are trained to do what most banks train Personal Bankers for. With your training going far beyond normal teller work (running transactions), it gives you a good advantage when applying to other financial institutions.
productive
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
A typical day at TCF bank is perform day to day operation. login into the system assist customer with daily sales, construct tellers to perform aisle time to gain checking and saving accounts, maintain teller branch open/ close, perform dual control manners, train new employees..
productive.
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee), ilMay 29, 2014
Pros: customer service skills improved
Working at TCF has a lot of benefits such as learning new skills and improving customer service, but it also has a lot of negatives, such as pushing people to open accounts they might not actually need. it has a lot of pressure to it. But if youre good at selling and being pushed then its perfect.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: no growth
Take customers transaction on a daily bases and help solve any problems the customer might have. I learned to be patient with people.
Challenging and engaging work envoirment
Branch Manager II, Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, creating a fun envoirment to work in, "fun days", bonus, contests
Cons: sometimes beyond aggressive sales tactics, lack of support from new management
Managed retail branch banking, handled high value clients, and all aspects of customer service. Mentored, coached, and challenged my staff to exceed sales goals. I thoroughly enjoyed my regional managers and all the insight they gave me to becoming successful in the banking business. My favorite part to being a branch manager was developing my team – more... into management material and watching their own careers grow. – less

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more