TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 28, 2014
A normal day starts with retrieving any an all payments from the drop box, checking in calls from the previous night to see if there is a need to create a work order for maintenance. Twice a week invoices were processed, twice a month payroll was processed. There were daily runs to the bank to make deposits. Daily I would run reports to see how our numbers were, as well as our delinquency. Monday mornings we would have office meetings to go over the plans for the week and talk about what may have happened over the weekend. Interacted daily with residents either about their problem about their units or receiving rent. Twice a week we would check to make sure we were in compliance with the State Tax Credits. Walked the property daily either in the morning or the afternoon. We would set up activities for thew residents to assist with medical information, health issues, financial planning, etc. We participated yearly in the Summer Lunch Programs, providing well balanced lunches for the children in the community. We provided monthly activities for both the children as well as the adults that was in the community.
Great PT job
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 26, 2014
The position is a great PT job to have. Flexible schedules. Management is willing to work with you.
Summary of Management / Marketing Experience
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 15, 2014
Pros: plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Cons: obligated to relocate for any type of advancement.
On a typical day as an acting Branch Supervisor at TCF Bank, I am tasked with various duties such as creating and executing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals. I endured my first marketing and management experiences with this organization. As TCF is the only entity in South Dakota, I am the person in charge of all in-house marketing material. I have created and implemented marketing campaigns as well as reward programs. My job has allowed me to become extremely calm and collected when working in a stressful, high periods of customer traffic setting. I manage a sales team consisting of five people.

This opportunity has taught me that I can thrive well while wearing many "hats". During my time as a member of the management team, I have been a sales coach, marketer, financial advisor, as well as a confident member of a cohesive team. I am able and willing to take on several independent projects, as well as delegate tasks accordingly. The hardest part of my job is understanding that the only opportunity for advancement is to relocate to another state, however I am still in school at this point for my Master's Degree in Business Administration, which hinders my ability in moving. Management has taught me that open lines of communication, as well as the trust I put in my well-trained employees instill a high level of confidence in knowing that we all have the company's mission and goals at the top of our priority list.
Good first job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNDecember 4, 2014
Work is fine although there is a great deal of pressure for sales. Insurance is very expensive. Upper management doesn't seem to care but local management does.
TCF Bank, FCCS Risk Filter Analyst III
FCCS Risk Filter Analyst III (Current Employee), MinneapolisDecember 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Monitored accounts for financial crime such as Elderly Abuse, Embezzlement, Money Laundering and reported findings to department supervisors and leads. Analyzed accounts appearing on various complex risk filter reports on a daily basis. Performed actions necessary to reduce potential financial loss to the bank and customers.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 25, 2014
Answering calls about customers accounts. talking to customers was the best part of my day and being able to help them. I really enjoyed my coworkers and being a team player. Coming to work and help those in need was a great satisfaction.
Competitive
Sales associate/Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: going into aisle for hours
A great career and many ways to expand and grow in the business fast.
TCF Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Spring Grove, ILNovember 22, 2014
A typical day since the branch was slow and we got about 4 customers was incredibly long. I learned more about security, confidentiality and getting along with management. The hardest part of the job whats the slowness and not being able to do much until a customer came.The most enjoyable part was I knew I was very good at the job and attention to detail.
Fun environment
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 15, 2014
Pros: great location easy to park
Cons: wages could be better
I really enjoyed working for this company, I learned a lot about the banking industry and about finances
Great Company, Team Workers,
Teller (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care 401k benefits
Friendly Company
Great Team Members
BIg Company
Employee Check Accounts
Excellent envireonment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park MNNovember 13, 2014
TCF was a fast paced and ever changing growing bank. I loved my job there.
Ok place to work
Supervisor In Training (Former Employee), Munster, INNovember 12, 2014
Open customer accounts

Balanced safe drawer on a daily.

I loved it.
Bad Coworkers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I hated working at McDonalds. It was the worst place. Employees were so rude to each other.
DONT do it!
Sr. Banking Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoOctober 28, 2014
Pros: gas reimbursement
Cons: a lot!
Im very serious. This was a very bad company. I worked so hard constantly and they gave a supervisor position to a new hire after two weeks. The management hides the fact that this bank steals from the members. The corporate offices are great and the people in the training and higher up are awesome as well.
Very flexible scheduling
Senior Banking Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, great co workers
Cons: health insurance is expensive, pushy sales
TCF Bank was a good place to work while attending school. They helped me to be able to continue my education and still gave me a decent amount of hours. It was very easy to get time off when needed. Very hard to advance and management is very pushy when it comes to sales. Sometimes they would want you to lie to customers just to get a sale. The best part about working here was that I made friends with my co workers and eight years later we still get together often.
Great company, great management, and great goals as a company.
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: simple, easy work. great management and coworkers.
Cons: account acquisitions
The work was typical, the customers I encountered were nice and welcoming, and my coworkers were knowledgeable and helpful. Nothing about the work was strenuous or physically demanding; however, attention to detail was a key component to proficiency at TCF, which was okay by me because I happen to be a detail oriented young man.
Great place to develop skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Champlin, MNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great place to develop skills
Cons: entirely too focused on sales and how to get it
This was a good opportunity to develop skills and experience as a manager and in the financial field. I was given the opportunity to train new employees, handle customer concerns, and audit both the vault and employee drawers on a monthly basis. However, the job was entirely too focused on sales and was not always concerned with how you got them. I feel that our customers could have benefited more from financial education rather than just more accounts that were not needed.
great experience
Teller I (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: my coworkers
Cons: longer lunch break
I have learned that customer service is key in any position you work in may it be a pharmacy or bank. As long as you listen to the customer and do what they as of you.That is what customer service is all about is putting the customer first.
Enjoyable attmospher
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free checking, counceling, occasional free lunches, and weekly treats
Cons: stressful at times, long hours at month end, pressure to meet goals
I enjoyed my years with the bank. It was a great place to work....most of the people I worked with enjoyed their job so it was always a pleasant atmosphere. I learned patience while dealing with people whose homes were in the process of foreclosure as well as irate customers whose money was taken by collectors. I learned that teamwork is a MUST if goals are to be met....just roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even if it is not part of your job description. I retired in 2012 when I turned65, but still enjoy my contact with some of my former coworkers.
Hired under false pretenses
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), GrayslskeOctober 10, 2014
Pros: day 1 benefits if you are hired full-time
Cons: no set schedule, long hours, below average pay
I was hired as a supervisor and told I was going to be supervising. The job is ALL SALES. Everything in the company is based on sales and who you know. If you don't meet goals, prepare to be threatened. Many managers are unexperienced, but you can get lucky and get placed in an excellent branch with good co-workers and a great management staff. That was the only reason I stuck with the company as long as I did. Plus, you get to make great contacts within the community by meeting regular customers that you deal with everyday.

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more