TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
an okay company
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), IlliniosJune 9, 2014
good pay stressful job upper management was interested in opening up new accounts the coworkers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers .
Good place for advancement opportunities
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJune 2, 2014
TCF Bank Tellers/Sales Associates are trained to do what most banks train Personal Bankers for. With your training going far beyond normal teller work (running transactions), it gives you a good advantage when applying to other financial institutions.
productive
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
A typical day at TCF bank is perform day to day operation. login into the system assist customer with daily sales, construct tellers to perform aisle time to gain checking and saving accounts, maintain teller branch open/ close, perform dual control manners, train new employees..
productive.
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee), ilMay 29, 2014
Pros: customer service skills improved
Working at TCF has a lot of benefits such as learning new skills and improving customer service, but it also has a lot of negatives, such as pushing people to open accounts they might not actually need. it has a lot of pressure to it. But if youre good at selling and being pushed then its perfect.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: no growth
Take customers transaction on a daily bases and help solve any problems the customer might have. I learned to be patient with people.
Challenging and engaging work envoirment
Branch Manager II, Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, creating a fun envoirment to work in, "fun days", bonus, contests
Cons: sometimes beyond aggressive sales tactics, lack of support from new management
Managed retail branch banking, handled high value clients, and all aspects of customer service. Mentored, coached, and challenged my staff to exceed sales goals. I thoroughly enjoyed my regional managers and all the insight they gave me to becoming successful in the banking business. My favorite part to being a branch manager was developing my team – more... into management material and watching their own careers grow. – less
N/A
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
It's a secure place to work and build within the company. But management Needs improving
Great learning enviroment
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Pros: acceptance, incentives
TCF is a great place where an individual gets appreciated by just doing the work! If you really like a fast paced environment with fun co-workers and love to increase production, TCF Bank is the perfect place for you!!
Fun work place and a great experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: commission bonuses and free lunches every once in a while.
Cons: short breaks and sometimes we don't reach goal.
Customers come in and we provide them with great customer service with a smile and tell them to have a great day when the transaction or account-opening is complete. We take breaks when it's our turn and come back to do the same thing. I learned how to approach customers a lot more smoothly and learned how to make sales. We'd all have to balance our – more... money by the end of the night and make sure things are organized. We'd fill out paper work until everything is signed and put away where they belong. My co-workers and I were a team. Shared tasks. The hardest part of the job was trying to make goal every month. The most enjoyable was getting to talk to all kinds of people and share your influences with everyone you come across. – less
Slow days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, good hours
Cons: tedious work environment
Most days working here was very slow. Unless a lot of customers were coming through the door, there wasn't much to do other than read and re-read brochures and info-sheets, do some store cleaning, and chat with co-workers. Every day I did a number of deposits, withdrawals, and cash-orders for customers and businesses. Most of the tasks became rather – more... rote after several months.

Management was good with schedules and accommodating when they could be. They were helpful and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately, the training period was too short. When I began working with customers' accounts, I felt unprepared.

My co-workers were good people, friendly and hard-working.

The hardest part of this job was finding productive things to do and battling to reach each month's referral requirement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers to solve problems. – less
A great job
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Wauconda, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: great customers, great staff
Cons: high goals
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!
It is a sales job, you do have a personal goal that has to be meet every month, besides that everything is wonderful. You get to work with wonderful people, make friends, learn from one another.
A starting point
Sales Associate (start) - Branch Manager (end) (Former Employee), VariousMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: salary, negativity
On a typical work day I would assess what needed to be done in the branch. Make sure that all of my employees were taken care of and had anything they needed for the given day, and set up the sales schedule for the day. Usually the branch management and working crew got a long great, but it was upper management that made people feel replaceable and – more... not valued at their job. The hardest part of the job at times was being held to an unattainable goal. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my employees learn and promote within to get them to where they would like to be with their careers. – less
Banking
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), MilwaukeeApril 28, 2014
Professional environment that ensures customer satisfaction and follow banking procedures.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Oaklawn, IlApril 19, 2014
Besides the sales goals this was a great place to work. Got promoted extremely fast and they noticed good work ethics
Senior Branch Manager/Officer (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILApril 16, 2014
I was responsible for branch functions and sales on a daily basis. I led a staff of approx. 10 employees. Dealt with all customers issues and sales promotions.

Please see resume for further details.
productive work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
what I learned in this job is how to be a team player and achieve your cross selling goals.. it teached me how to be a great teller and how to better serve my customers on a daily basis
Fun work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Learned to help customers with any and all issues and concerns
Position with TCF
Sr. Bank Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNApril 14, 2014
My position with TCF was a great positon, as I learned so much on the customer service side of things. I really liked dealing with customers and helping them with their bank accounts and offering different services to benefit their needs and wants.
Fun Workplace with great Co-Workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Blaine, MNApril 7, 2014
A typical day at with involves producing numbers in sales as well as staying on top of your customer service while running various banking transactions.
I have learned so much about the banking world from working at TCF. It has been a great experience thus far. The management is great, as well as the co-workers. There are also a lot of perks, such as – more... tuition reimbursement and incentive opportunities.
The hardest part about working at TCF is staying on top of production goals. Consistency is hard to achieve in a banking environment. The best part of my job is when you fix a problem for a customer or when you hit your sales goals. I always find pleasure in knowing I did well. – less
productive company
Assistant Branch Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: not flexible
A typical day at work would just depend on the shift that was scheduled. We had many duties to fulfill as a workplace, but always came through because of the team of co-workers I was able to work with. Goals were always implemented and contest were held to boost moral. Hardest part of the job, was employee turnaround. Once the employees and the managers – more... were all at the same level, working with the team we had became fun, and very helpful. Upper management was not as successful as they should be. – less

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more