TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Position Sales Rep. for TCF Bank
Account Specialist (Former Employee), milwaukee, wiOctober 21, 2015
Pros: free luches and gifts for making quota
Cons: commission decreased
Utilizing customer service skills, Processing sales transactions and opening new banking savings and IRA accounts. Processing cash deposits and withdrawals.
Micro managed Company
Sr. VP Director Corporate Facilities/Leasing (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2015
Pros: ?
Cons: must be a booble head
Must be in the inner circle and be able to say yes to everything asked or you will no succeed. Culture is Golf, Drink and do not support the positions that perform the work
great benefit
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Spring Grove, ILOctober 19, 2015
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
Friendly work place with supportive management. excellent benefits for all employees . I enjoyed working for them for almost 11 years ,unfortunately due to downsizing the business and closing 37 branches I was laid off .
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILOctober 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, incentives, break
Cons: management, No upward mobility, Terrible staff, Unrealistic sales goals, no respect to non-management employees
BRUH let me tell you about TCF, so I worked in a branch within a store right? So they make you so this thing called IN-AISLE selling. so basically what that is , is that you just harass customers all day while they shop and stand in one place for hours.The rejection is rediculous, I swear if you come in in a great mood you will leave pretty peed off.
Let's Not forget I am a very outgoing person but they basically teach you borderline harassment, they told me to not let the customer tell me "NO" keep following them. Like what type of stuff is that? This lady almost punched me in the face for trying to follow her., I tell you that is NOT a good environment to work in. Negative energy and the management isnt very friendly to the other employees. like Tellers, basically anyone who isnt full-time they dont associate with. Extremely rude.
Unrealistic sales goals for the type of reputation it has. NO one wants to bank with TCF except for people who have low income and low expectations. this is the JOKE of ALL banks.

Last note and I am done. So I found out I was Expecting while I worked here. DO you think the management tried to accomodate me? NO! they had a chair they called the "PREGANCY CHAIR" and u think they let me sit in it to rest my feet? no. The supervisors sat in it and they still had me on my feet three hours straight and wouldnt let me come in to rest because they thought I was overreacting, then wanted to get concerned when I passed out in the aisle and the ambulance had to come get me.I will honestly say the Grocery Store Employees cared more than the bank employees, – more... they kept thinking I was faking and wanting to go home. Like if I just wanted to go home, I would have never came to work in the first place. CHANGE THE MANAGEMENT and the goals. – less
Awesome
Teller (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 12, 2015
Working for TCF Bank in Ann Arbor, MI was the best choice I had made. The people there were like family and they still are. I only left because I had moved to a new state. Nothing but good things about this place.
productive
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2015
Pros: incentives, benefits
Easy to learn, chances for growth and good learning experience. The people are nice and helpful they show you the ropes. Interesting things to learn in a field like this.
tcf
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
customer service environment, helps customer with banking account needs. helped transfer funds, and answer any questions concerning their banking account
Always busy
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Very busy
Cons: no set schedule
It was very fast paced, lot's of customers daily. Received a lot of experience with cash handling. My supervisors were very helpful, and fun to worth with.
Good place with great work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, laid back, always busy
Cons: Wage/compensation is too low
Good place to work with great work/life balance. Very flexible with work schedules. The culture needs a little help as it's old and feels very silo-ed. Just went through and is going through major re-org changes, but the new Executives seem to be pushing the company in a positive direction.
really good workplace
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2015
I really enjoy working there , everybody is really friendly and nice. Management is well organized too. Approve of CEO.
Nice productive day
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: benefits
Fast pace and multi-tasking with quickness and accurately leaving the customer and worker satisfied and day enjoyable.
relationship banker
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Blaine, MNSeptember 16, 2015
I have enjoyed everybody I have worked with at TCF bank. it is a good company to move up in. Only negative thing is Low pay and hard to balance home and work life.
unprofessionalism
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), glen ellynSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: experience recieved
Cons: slow advancement
i learned more about sales and how to get accounts
management showed me what not to do because most of them were lazy and had poor communication skills. you generally work more than you earn.other banks pay more to employees.
my co- workers are generally nice but young.
the health benefits suck and there is too much gossip and favoritism.
the hardest part was not making any errors, the most enjoyable part is meeting new customers.
A lot of responsibility and no room to make any mistakes
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Informative job
Cons: no breaks only if worked more than 8 hours, very persistent of opening accounts without being knowledgeable about the customers needs first.
It is a well informed and educated job to be apart of but it will be restricted when it comes to making any small mistake. I am a strong believer of people who learn the best are from their mistakes.
The Working Dead
Cash Management Services (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Discounted Bus Cards
Cons: Everything
I would have to say in my eleven years working here that it only gets worse with time. I have had three managers who should be fired for work harassment, belittling employees (victim) and it's commonplace to swear when they are under stress. Every time I go to management these "winners" get promotions. In the meantime, I have to use the food shelf because the health insurance is so expensive and the pay is below cost of living. My wife works three jobs to try and make ends meet. Then to top it off they relocated us to Plymouth where its a three hour round trip commute on top of working like a slave. I'm actively looking to work some place else. My word of advice is don't work here!
Its what you make of it
Bank Teller-Greet (Former Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company. It is considered retail so you will work non traditional hours. The management were understanable and flexible, the company cared about their employees, but the customers I will say were hard to please there were a lot of things that needed fixing internal within the company that were out of the tellers hands.
They are excellent when it comes to promotions.
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee), Shorewood, WISeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Hours are flexible
Cons: No FMLA compensation for part time employees
When you work at TCF Bank they will stop at nothing to see their employess go far in their career there. A typical day at work is full of cross selling to best fit customers with bank products. TCF makes sure you have the tools and the knowledge to move forward with the company.
Transition Time
Tier I Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, Internal Promotion Opportunities
Cons: Pay/Compensation, High Employee Turnover
It is difficult to rate the company as a whole, since I have not worked in the branches, and since our headquarters is going through a change in location.
Great Staff and Great Customers!
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Crystal, MNSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Incentives on your sales!
Cons: Staff changes frequently
A day at work is like a movie!
Not only am I able to enjoy my staff and customers but I get paid to do it! Run transations, Count inventory, Order and sell, Operations and reports and scheduling!
The hardest part is the constant non stop selling! Mortgages, Accounts, etc. It is fun though!
Bank teller position located in busy grocery store setting
Teller (Former Employee), LaGrange, ILSeptember 5, 2015
Fun workplace interacting with bank clientele in grocery store setting. Great experience handling detailed admin. work along with face to face customer service; great training and support from management.
Headquarters