TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great bank to work, bonus prodrams are amazing.
Branch Manager II / Officer (Former Employee), dyer,inJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: compay took yearly trips and vactions.
Cons: bank was often targeted by robbers and faud.
A typical work day included a focus meeting with my staff, in-store and outside sales, customer follow up call and meetings, opening the days accounts. the most enjoyable part of the job was our customer base and working with my team daily. The hardest part of the job was managing a bank inside of a grocery store.
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free tickets for game
Cons: healthcare, vaction
researching and problem solving as daily basis and challenging. Management, co-workers was enjoyable.
great company
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2015
I loved my job here with TCF but they did not pay me enough to stay with the company. Great co workers and its is a good bank for just the basic checking savings relationship. They were also very flexible with schedule and i was able to work this job throughout all of my college years.
Consistenly keeps us updated on new and upcoming changes. It is a pleasant place to be that is why the employees walk around with a smile.
Contact Center Supervisor/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free exercise equipment
Cons: when it is slow, time seems to go slower
A typical day at work for me involves coaching and encouraging positive feedback to my representatives, assisting co-workers in other areas of the bank with their questions and educating and assisting our customers about our policies and procedures relating to their situation. I also key to reports daily.

I learned that with a combination of dedication and hard work you will start low but finish high.

My management has a big job to do so I handle my job independently, with minimal questions.

My co-workers and I have learned to work together peacefully as a team to successfully get the job done.

The hardest part of my job is initiating disciplinary action to someone that does not receive it well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is successfully completing and reaching our goals each month.
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Gained a lot of knowledge in banking and numerous others things that will help me advance in my field
Business Banker
Business Banker (Former Employee), Chicago IllinoisJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: independence
Cons: lack of direction
Not a lot of training. Worked 7 days a week. A lot of hours with no overtime. Not a well known bank.
Enjoyable job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 28, 2014
A normal day starts with retrieving any an all payments from the drop box, checking in calls from the previous night to see if there is a need to create a work order for maintenance. Twice a week invoices were processed, twice a month payroll was processed. There were daily runs to the bank to make deposits. Daily I would run reports to see how our numbers were, as well as our delinquency. Monday mornings we would have office meetings to go over the plans for the week and talk about what may have happened over the weekend. Interacted daily with residents either about their problem about their units or receiving rent. Twice a week we would check to make sure we were in compliance with the State Tax Credits. Walked the property daily either in the morning or the afternoon. We would set up activities for thew residents to assist with medical information, health issues, financial planning, etc. We participated yearly in the Summer Lunch Programs, providing well balanced lunches for the children in the community. We provided monthly activities for both the children as well as the adults that was in the community.
Great PT job
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 26, 2014
The position is a great PT job to have. Flexible schedules. Management is willing to work with you.
Summary of Management / Marketing Experience
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 15, 2014
Pros: plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Cons: obligated to relocate for any type of advancement.
On a typical day as an acting Branch Supervisor at TCF Bank, I am tasked with various duties such as creating and executing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals. I endured my first marketing and management experiences with this organization. As TCF is the only entity in South Dakota, I am the person in charge of all in-house marketing material. I have created and implemented marketing campaigns as well as reward programs. My job has allowed me to become extremely calm and collected when working in a stressful, high periods of customer traffic setting. I manage a sales team consisting of five people.

This opportunity has taught me that I can thrive well while wearing many "hats". During my time as a member of the management team, I have been a sales coach, marketer, financial advisor, as well as a confident member of a cohesive team. I am able and willing to take on several independent projects, as well as delegate tasks accordingly. The hardest part of my job is understanding that the only opportunity for advancement is to relocate to another state, however I am still in school at this point for my Master's Degree in Business Administration, which hinders my ability in moving. Management has taught me that open lines of communication, as well as the trust I put in my well-trained employees instill a high level of confidence in knowing that we all have the company's mission and goals at the top of our priority list.
Good first job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNDecember 4, 2014
Work is fine although there is a great deal of pressure for sales. Insurance is very expensive. Upper management doesn't seem to care but local management does.
TCF Bank, FCCS Risk Filter Analyst III
FCCS Risk Filter Analyst III (Current Employee), MinneapolisDecember 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Monitored accounts for financial crime such as Elderly Abuse, Embezzlement, Money Laundering and reported findings to department supervisors and leads. Analyzed accounts appearing on various complex risk filter reports on a daily basis. Performed actions necessary to reduce potential financial loss to the bank and customers.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 25, 2014
Answering calls about customers accounts. talking to customers was the best part of my day and being able to help them. I really enjoyed my coworkers and being a team player. Coming to work and help those in need was a great satisfaction.
Competitive
Sales associate/Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: going into aisle for hours
A great career and many ways to expand and grow in the business fast.
TCF Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Spring Grove, ILNovember 22, 2014
A typical day since the branch was slow and we got about 4 customers was incredibly long. I learned more about security, confidentiality and getting along with management. The hardest part of the job whats the slowness and not being able to do much until a customer came.The most enjoyable part was I knew I was very good at the job and attention to detail.
Fun environment
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 15, 2014
Pros: great location easy to park
Cons: wages could be better
I really enjoyed working for this company, I learned a lot about the banking industry and about finances
Great Company, Team Workers,
Teller (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care 401k benefits
Friendly Company
Great Team Members
BIg Company
Employee Check Accounts
Excellent envireonment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park MNNovember 13, 2014
TCF was a fast paced and ever changing growing bank. I loved my job there.
Ok place to work
Supervisor In Training (Former Employee), Munster, INNovember 12, 2014
Open customer accounts

Balanced safe drawer on a daily.

I loved it.
Bad Coworkers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I hated working at McDonalds. It was the worst place. Employees were so rude to each other.
DONT do it!
Sr. Banking Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoOctober 28, 2014
Pros: gas reimbursement
Cons: a lot!
Im very serious. This was a very bad company. I worked so hard constantly and they gave a supervisor position to a new hire after two weeks. The management hides the fact that this bank steals from the members. The corporate offices are great and the people in the training and higher up are awesome as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more