TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIMarch 28, 2015
The job was okay to work at. Only time it was not fun was when you had to go to try to sale the services to grocery shopping customers. If you didn't meet your goal you were threaten by certain managers to get written up.
An okay company to work for
Branch Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lakeville, MNMarch 24, 2015
Upper management and overall pay for employees is horrible. It's a great company to move up, but it's not worth it. Being an assistant manager, keep track of goals, make sure there is a plan for each day. Employees are awesome, but some upper management are not that great.
Strong Legacy Employees
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 11, 2015
Culture is rapidly changing and company is looking to define its direction. Results in a lot of change for the staff. Exciting work opportunities exist for the resilient person.
Meeting new people on an everyday basis.
Bank Teller Customer Service (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIMarch 10, 2015
Working for TCF bnk was a learning experience.
I got a chance to improve on my customer service skills.
I enjoyed helping our clients.
LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: i was employed
Cons: incentive comes two months after earning it and it's taxed
Working there I felt like all I did was lie to customers because I didn't understand the policies they made us follow. When I was just a teller things were easy and I felt like I could run the company one day if I decided to move up. When I became a supervisor that's when I wish I stayed a teller. The pay wasn't much different and I was asked to do some of the DUMBEST things to get accounts. Instead of them putting the pressure on the marketing department to bring in new customers with creative commercials and advertisement all the pressure was on the people inside the bank which is stupid. How could you possibly want the people in the bank to get new accounts when the people that come into the bank ALREADY HAVE ACCOUNTS?!?! For tellers and management to leave the bank to acquire new accounts that means the existing customers have to wait longer to get transactions done which makes for unhappy customers who are going to tell other people not to bank with tcf. The tellers come and go because of this unrealistic expectation. Tcf has no technology and has the worst funds availability schedule ever made. It was truly impossible to explain to customers why they're account was negative when they never saw their account go negative on their end. But I had to lie to them and tell them "the system" saw your account as negative despite you putting more money into your account that covered the negative balance. I'm glad I don't have to lie to customers anymore I don't see tcf being around for very much longer. Oh and they closed 37 branches but kept saying "We're here to stay" YEAH RIGHT!!
Productive and fun environment with a great team.
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westchester, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working in a place where you can grow as an individual
Here at TCF work was a place to go and have your head focused on doing your job. Workers, as well as management, were people who were easy to work with and had great communication.The most difficult part of the job is not being able to help out each customer to get their problem solved, some are beyond what we can do. Of course all jobs that have to do with interacting with others is a little more difficult. You never know wether customers are in a good mood or a bad one. You just have to keep a smile on your face and help them with what you can. I personally enjoy having regulars and knowing that they are happy with your services.
Decent Place to Work When in School
Operations Specialist III (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 3, 2015
The hours were very flexible when I was attending school and now that I am done, it is very hard to advance within the company. The pay is below average of what other banks would pay their employees who are in the same positions.
TCF LOMBARD
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 2, 2015
The staff here was extraordinary. They were more like a family than just coworkers. Everyday we received compliments on how nice everyone was to the customers and how patient we were. it was a great experience!
Wonderful people to work with
IT QA Engineer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2015
All the TCF employees I worked with were extremely helpful and more than willing to share any and all knowledge of their jobs.
Fun place to work
Teller-Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: easy sales goals
Cons: long hours
A great place to be competitive in sales. Benefits are great. Easy to advance within the company. Great training program.
Overall a decent company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: easy to advance.
Cons: open on sundays and extended week day hours, keep most employees at part-time so they don't have to offer them insurance.
TCF stresses sales however they make sales easy by offering $100 to customers for opening a new account. Popular in the Midwest, in Arizona those who live in Arizona for the winter and the Midwest for the summer bring more business for the bank. Easy to advance
Fun experience and learned a lot of fashion sense.
Sales Asscoaite (Former Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not remotely close to my major
-Typical day would be greeting customers, helping them find their potential items and ringing them out when they're finished shopping.
-I learned extraordinary fashion skills
-Management staff extremely supportive and understanding to all situations
-Co-workers and I had a great team effort and helped all customers together
-Hardest part about the job would be returning objects that seemed to be used
-Enjoyable experience was to help customers pick out outfits.
Great workplace with great ability to grow within the company
Sales Associate/Bank Teller (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Great workplace to be in and work in. I'd say the most enjoyable part of working in this company is the customer interaction and chance to get to know your customers.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Jan 2006 – Jun 2008
• Rapidly and efficiently prepared customer and ATM cash and change orders.
• Coordinated daily cash reconciliation at a high-volume location.
• Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions by serving as a liaison between the bank and clients.
• Exceeded all sales quotas for opening accounts and obtaining referrals on a daily basis.
• Maintained proper cash limits, cashed checks, accepted deposits, and issues cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, cash advances, and funds transfer.
Working with a team
Banking Sales representative teller (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoy customer service and working with many types of people. I enjoy doing a variety of duties in a day. I had flexibility, management was very kind and all employee's. Hardest part was being short staffed a bit of the time.
Productive Work Place
Critical Maintanence (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: lunch/dinner provided a fewtimes a month. good hours.
8-5.
Good Management.
Office setting.
Enjoyable Employees.
Repetitive work.
Relocating to Plymouth.
Learned some of the behind the scenes processes used by banks as pertaining to loans.
Good place to start your banking career
Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good place to start your banking career
Cons: poor pay
Good place to find an entry level postion. They have on-site training classes to help you contiune leaning new skills. Will help pay for educational cost.
Great Opportunities for advancement within company
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Westland, MIFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work includes lots of customers. Steady traffic flow all throughout the day.
Ive learned different management styles and how to be able to adjust to my tellers different learning styles.
Ive also learned how to remain calm while being yelled at by customers which my manager says is a very awesome and unique skill thats kind of rare within that company.
The managers usually have communication issue which can cause tension at times but my manager is very very flexible a far as scheduling.
The hardest part of my job is the sales part of it. The most enjoyable part is the fact that my tellers tell me how much of an awesome manager I am to them because i am patient and Iam open to teaching them different ways to complete a task so that it doesnt make it seem difficult. I also have to come up with contests every month to encourage the tellers to work hard because the winner gets a prize (usually a gift card)
decent job
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2015
too sales driven, they do make sure to properly train the staff, management was good for the most part.
An interactive environment. Enjoyable and productive!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, ColoradoJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses, advancement in company
Cons: dental care, hours
I had been a customer of TCF Bank for years before I applied for employment. The execution of customer service and conflict resolution alone created an ideal workplace. The day always provided a variety of different challenges. I had a healthy balance between customer interaction and operation management. The managers were hands-on, and in a constructive manner. Since we were a slower branch, we never knew when a rush would come. Trying to accomplish many tasks in a limited time frame was not an easy task. However, my team worked well with each other to complete them.

1 2 3 4 5

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more