TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Productive and very organized,Friendly people
Sales Associate,Cashier,Assistant (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, interacting with the costumers
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
A typical day at work its very interesting day at work we get to meet new people everyday how they react and sometimes you just get to know them for those two minutes just being a good listener and interacting with the customers.What I've learned at my job is learning how to deal with money,learning how to transfer money into accounts also mainting – more... checks making sure they are transferred and clear into accounts.The hardest thing about my job is sometimes having to change address for customers every time they move or just wanted to close their account because they feel like we failed them but that's not how i want my customers to see this company as.The most enjoyable part of my job is just feeling like safe and feeling like your co-workers like family,knowing that they always have your back always there for the connections you have with them just building new friendships.But also learning how to use money,learning how to open accounts.Also,just making my customers happy and having them feel comfortable around me. – less
Major experience in moving data centers without an outage
SVP- Computer/Network Operations/PC Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, professional management staff, growing bank
Cons: n/a
Strong well organized bank Holding Company. Responsible for managment of every aspect of providing computing services for 450 Bank Branches in 5 States including the Help Desk.
job review
account management help desk repre (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great team member
Cons: pay sucks
the current position ok the mangement is ok . the hardest part is there is no room for personal or job advancement
Productiveq
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: weekly pay
A typical day at work required helping customers with their accounts doing daily deposits, the hardest part of the job is trying to meet the quota for selling checking and savings accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the ATM
The most enjoyable part of the job
Teller/RSS (Sales)/Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2014
Good working environment, constant training, and lots of incentives. You are constantly in meetings. These meetings help you with new information withing the company. The communication from the company to the employees is outstanding. However this company does downsize and alleviates department with costs on the rise, cutting its employee like most – more... big corporations. Just always be prepared because its focus is on sales and if a department as a whole does not meet they have terminated the department. – less
Great first Job
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2014
Lots of room for growth as long as you are good at selling. Doesn't pay very well.
Good/average
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 3, 2014
It was a good company to work for.

Learnt how to handle conflicts/ resolution
Productive work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Inkster, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, customer relationships
Cons: minimum advancement
Very good job for someone looking for experience in the banking industry
Net Developer (Former Employee), MNJuly 23, 2014
Developed a 3- tier web application following Agile development methodology.
Involved in Design, Development and Testing of Web Forms and Web Services using IIS 6.0, ASP.NET, XML, and ADO.NET.
C#.NET is used to program business logic including Code-behind files and Classes in the middle tier.
Developed Admin Module web pages to enter new policies, edit – more... privileges, and to edit improper user approvals. Developed Customers Moduleweb forms to access PBS services.
GUI of both modules is developed using HTML, .NET Controls and C#.
Created the SSRS Reports which can be used in the reports module using report viewer
Created SSIS Packages for Integrating data from one system to Main System
Used JavaScript and .NET Validation Controls for performing client-side validations. – less
Friendly, fun coworkers
Teller (Current Employee), Shelby Twp, MIJuly 22, 2014
Some days are really slow, others you never know what to expect or what kind of customers you will have that day. The coworkers are fun and friendly to work with.
Great place for no-experience advancement, not so much to opportunities on a higher level
Branch Manager- level III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: multiple trips/events if top sales performance, great work/life balance
Cons: compensation level and advancement stop at a certain point
There is no typical day at TCF Bank and that is probably the most rewarding part of the job. Different customers, different issue, new goals or processes every day. Turnover is high because most of the lower level employees are part time workers, while in school. The upside/downside is the experience of working with new people frequently.
I work on – more... University Campus and the atmosphere is much better considering the type of customer we service. Typical day consists of GL balancing, sales huddles and staff organization. The bank participates in multiple events on Campus and communications with University departments and student groups are frequent. I mostly do new account openings and organization of daily activities for the rest of the 10-12 people staff. Managing activities, recognizing development opportunities, training and promotion of employees. Operations have to be maintained on a high level- daily GL balancing, cash balancing, compliance requirements and other operational standards have to be met.
Me and the staff get paid incentive upon successfully meeting/exceeding monthly sales goals. No incentive if Audits are failed. – less
Fun work place
Office Specialist II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: lunches are nice
Cons: moving in a few years
Nice hard working people. Days are filled with work, work and more work.
great place to start
TELLER (Former Employee), palso heighsJuly 14, 2014
this was a great stepping stone for me. I recommend for every college student.
The Worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 10, 2014
Management was terrible and vacation time and compensation is so low for what they have you do.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: have to work weekends and holidays
I learned a lot about banking business. The company helps you to grow into the company. I made good friends. Management is great, they motivate you and they are always willing to help you. Great place to work.
N/a
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 2, 2014
I loved working as a bank teller , it was an awesome experience! the customers was wonderful and always left with a smile.
A job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJuly 1, 2014
Its ok. Almost everyone I worked with was nice. Greay start to a banking career.
Call Center work environment
Center Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gym
Cons: advancement
Calls consisted of helping customers review their bank balances and discussing overdraft fees. I learned a lot about banking. The hardest part of the job for me was advancing to another position even when qualified. The enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
SALES SALES SALES
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: united health care benefits taken out of check every two weeks (very expensive), so much pressure from sales activities
Typical day: SALES SALES SALES

Customer service is limited. Opening up accounts for new customers is the key in some managements eyes.

Coworkers make the day go by faster and easier.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with regional and management in regards to sales and getting accounts. If you dont hit your goal, you are threatened with termination – more... or a write up.

You can advance in the company. some tellers advance within months to supervisors.

Training is paid for all TCF training classes. – less
Bank Teller/Sales Associate
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn parkJune 20, 2014
Pros: handled my own sales.
Cons: not enough pay.
Helped customers with bank transactions. Introduced new products and promotions to the customers. Opened new accounts. Handled a cash drawer and counted cash vaults.

1 2 3 4 5

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more