TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TCF LOMBARD
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILMarch 2, 2015
The staff here was extraordinary. They were more like a family than just coworkers. Everyday we received compliments on how nice everyone was to the customers and how patient we were. it was a great experience!
Wonderful people to work with
IT QA Engineer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2015
All the TCF employees I worked with were extremely helpful and more than willing to share any and all knowledge of their jobs.
Fun place to work
Teller-Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: easy sales goals
Cons: long hours
A great place to be competitive in sales. Benefits are great. Easy to advance within the company. Great training program.
Overall a decent company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: easy to advance.
Cons: open on sundays and extended week day hours, keep most employees at part-time so they don't have to offer them insurance.
TCF stresses sales however they make sales easy by offering $100 to customers for opening a new account. Popular in the Midwest, in Arizona those who live in Arizona for the winter and the Midwest for the summer bring more business for the bank. Easy to advance
Fun experience and learned a lot of fashion sense.
Sales Asscoaite (Former Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not remotely close to my major
-Typical day would be greeting customers, helping them find their potential items and ringing them out when they're finished shopping.
-I learned extraordinary fashion skills
-Management staff extremely supportive and understanding to all situations
-Co-workers and I had a great team effort and helped all customers together
-Hardest part about the job would be returning objects that seemed to be used
-Enjoyable experience was to help customers pick out outfits.
Great workplace with great ability to grow within the company
Sales Associate/Bank Teller (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Great workplace to be in and work in. I'd say the most enjoyable part of working in this company is the customer interaction and chance to get to know your customers.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Jan 2006 – Jun 2008
• Rapidly and efficiently prepared customer and ATM cash and change orders.
• Coordinated daily cash reconciliation at a high-volume location.
• Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions by serving as a liaison between the bank and clients.
• Exceeded all sales quotas for opening accounts and obtaining referrals on a daily basis.
• Maintained proper cash limits, cashed checks, accepted deposits, and issues cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, cash advances, and funds transfer.
Working with a team
Banking Sales representative teller (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoy customer service and working with many types of people. I enjoy doing a variety of duties in a day. I had flexibility, management was very kind and all employee's. Hardest part was being short staffed a bit of the time.
Productive Work Place
Critical Maintanence (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: lunch/dinner provided a fewtimes a month. good hours.
8-5.
Good Management.
Office setting.
Enjoyable Employees.
Repetitive work.
Relocating to Plymouth.
Learned some of the behind the scenes processes used by banks as pertaining to loans.
Good place to start your banking career
Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good place to start your banking career
Cons: poor pay
Good place to find an entry level postion. They have on-site training classes to help you contiune leaning new skills. Will help pay for educational cost.
Great Opportunities for advancement within company
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Westland, MIFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work includes lots of customers. Steady traffic flow all throughout the day.
Ive learned different management styles and how to be able to adjust to my tellers different learning styles.
Ive also learned how to remain calm while being yelled at by customers which my manager says is a very awesome and unique skill thats kind of rare within that company.
The managers usually have communication issue which can cause tension at times but my manager is very very flexible a far as scheduling.
The hardest part of my job is the sales part of it. The most enjoyable part is the fact that my tellers tell me how much of an awesome manager I am to them because i am patient and Iam open to teaching them different ways to complete a task so that it doesnt make it seem difficult. I also have to come up with contests every month to encourage the tellers to work hard because the winner gets a prize (usually a gift card)
decent job
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2015
too sales driven, they do make sure to properly train the staff, management was good for the most part.
An interactive environment. Enjoyable and productive!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, ColoradoJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses, advancement in company
Cons: dental care, hours
I had been a customer of TCF Bank for years before I applied for employment. The execution of customer service and conflict resolution alone created an ideal workplace. The day always provided a variety of different challenges. I had a healthy balance between customer interaction and operation management. The managers were hands-on, and in a constructive manner. Since we were a slower branch, we never knew when a rush would come. Trying to accomplish many tasks in a limited time frame was not an easy task. However, my team worked well with each other to complete them.
Great bank to work, bonus prodrams are amazing.
Branch Manager II / Officer (Former Employee), dyer,inJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: compay took yearly trips and vactions.
Cons: bank was often targeted by robbers and faud.
A typical work day included a focus meeting with my staff, in-store and outside sales, customer follow up call and meetings, opening the days accounts. the most enjoyable part of the job was our customer base and working with my team daily. The hardest part of the job was managing a bank inside of a grocery store.
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free tickets for game
Cons: healthcare, vaction
researching and problem solving as daily basis and challenging. Management, co-workers was enjoyable.
great company
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2015
I loved my job here with TCF but they did not pay me enough to stay with the company. Great co workers and its is a good bank for just the basic checking savings relationship. They were also very flexible with schedule and i was able to work this job throughout all of my college years.
Consistenly keeps us updated on new and upcoming changes. It is a pleasant place to be that is why the employees walk around with a smile.
Contact Center Supervisor/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free exercise equipment
Cons: when it is slow, time seems to go slower
A typical day at work for me involves coaching and encouraging positive feedback to my representatives, assisting co-workers in other areas of the bank with their questions and educating and assisting our customers about our policies and procedures relating to their situation. I also key to reports daily.

I learned that with a combination of dedication and hard work you will start low but finish high.

My management has a big job to do so I handle my job independently, with minimal questions.

My co-workers and I have learned to work together peacefully as a team to successfully get the job done.

The hardest part of my job is initiating disciplinary action to someone that does not receive it well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is successfully completing and reaching our goals each month.
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Gained a lot of knowledge in banking and numerous others things that will help me advance in my field
Business Banker
Business Banker (Former Employee), Chicago IllinoisJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: independence
Cons: lack of direction
Not a lot of training. Worked 7 days a week. A lot of hours with no overtime. Not a well known bank.
Enjoyable job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 28, 2014
A normal day starts with retrieving any an all payments from the drop box, checking in calls from the previous night to see if there is a need to create a work order for maintenance. Twice a week invoices were processed, twice a month payroll was processed. There were daily runs to the bank to make deposits. Daily I would run reports to see how our numbers were, as well as our delinquency. Monday mornings we would have office meetings to go over the plans for the week and talk about what may have happened over the weekend. Interacted daily with residents either about their problem about their units or receiving rent. Twice a week we would check to make sure we were in compliance with the State Tax Credits. Walked the property daily either in the morning or the afternoon. We would set up activities for thew residents to assist with medical information, health issues, financial planning, etc. We participated yearly in the Summer Lunch Programs, providing well balanced lunches for the children in the community. We provided monthly activities for both the children as well as the adults that was in the community.

1 2 3 4 5

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more