TCF Bank

TCF Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to start
TELLER (Former Employee), palso heighsJuly 14, 2014
this was a great stepping stone for me. I recommend for every college student.
The Worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNJuly 10, 2014
Management was terrible and vacation time and compensation is so low for what they have you do.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: have to work weekends and holidays
I learned a lot about banking business. The company helps you to grow into the company. I made good friends. Management is great, they motivate you and they are always willing to help you. Great place to work.
N/a
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 2, 2014
I loved working as a bank teller , it was an awesome experience! the customers was wonderful and always left with a smile.
A job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJuly 1, 2014
Its ok. Almost everyone I worked with was nice. Greay start to a banking career.
Call Center work environment
Center Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gym
Cons: advancement
Calls consisted of helping customers review their bank balances and discussing overdraft fees. I learned a lot about banking. The hardest part of the job for me was advancing to another position even when qualified. The enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
SALES SALES SALES
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: united health care benefits taken out of check every two weeks (very expensive), so much pressure from sales activities
Typical day: SALES SALES SALES

Customer service is limited. Opening up accounts for new customers is the key in some managements eyes.

Coworkers make the day go by faster and easier.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with regional and management in regards to sales and getting accounts. If you dont hit your goal, you are threatened with termination – more... or a write up.

You can advance in the company. some tellers advance within months to supervisors.

Training is paid for all TCF training classes. – less
Bank Teller/Sales Associate
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn parkJune 20, 2014
Pros: handled my own sales.
Cons: not enough pay.
Helped customers with bank transactions. Introduced new products and promotions to the customers. Opened new accounts. Handled a cash drawer and counted cash vaults.
Dollars and cents
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Denver COJune 13, 2014
A typical day started at 6:30am. I was in charge of getting the bank open and operational by 7am. I was directly reponsible for all aspects of the bank including sales, cash management, employee productivity, scheduling, hiring, training, regulatory compliance, and day to day operations.I truely enjoyed the challenge of an ever changing work day.
an okay company
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), IlliniosJune 9, 2014
good pay stressful job upper management was interested in opening up new accounts the coworkers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers .
Good place for advancement opportunities
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJune 2, 2014
TCF Bank Tellers/Sales Associates are trained to do what most banks train Personal Bankers for. With your training going far beyond normal teller work (running transactions), it gives you a good advantage when applying to other financial institutions.
productive
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
A typical day at TCF bank is perform day to day operation. login into the system assist customer with daily sales, construct tellers to perform aisle time to gain checking and saving accounts, maintain teller branch open/ close, perform dual control manners, train new employees..
productive.
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee), ilMay 29, 2014
Pros: customer service skills improved
Working at TCF has a lot of benefits such as learning new skills and improving customer service, but it also has a lot of negatives, such as pushing people to open accounts they might not actually need. it has a lot of pressure to it. But if youre good at selling and being pushed then its perfect.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: no growth
Take customers transaction on a daily bases and help solve any problems the customer might have. I learned to be patient with people.
Challenging and engaging work envoirment
Branch Manager II, Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, creating a fun envoirment to work in, "fun days", bonus, contests
Cons: sometimes beyond aggressive sales tactics, lack of support from new management
Managed retail branch banking, handled high value clients, and all aspects of customer service. Mentored, coached, and challenged my staff to exceed sales goals. I thoroughly enjoyed my regional managers and all the insight they gave me to becoming successful in the banking business. My favorite part to being a branch manager was developing my team – more... into management material and watching their own careers grow. – less
N/A
Bank Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
It's a secure place to work and build within the company. But management Needs improving
Great learning enviroment
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Pros: acceptance, incentives
TCF is a great place where an individual gets appreciated by just doing the work! If you really like a fast paced environment with fun co-workers and love to increase production, TCF Bank is the perfect place for you!!
Fun work place and a great experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: commission bonuses and free lunches every once in a while.
Cons: short breaks and sometimes we don't reach goal.
Customers come in and we provide them with great customer service with a smile and tell them to have a great day when the transaction or account-opening is complete. We take breaks when it's our turn and come back to do the same thing. I learned how to approach customers a lot more smoothly and learned how to make sales. We'd all have to balance our – more... money by the end of the night and make sure things are organized. We'd fill out paper work until everything is signed and put away where they belong. My co-workers and I were a team. Shared tasks. The hardest part of the job was trying to make goal every month. The most enjoyable was getting to talk to all kinds of people and share your influences with everyone you come across. – less
Slow days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, good hours
Cons: tedious work environment
Most days working here was very slow. Unless a lot of customers were coming through the door, there wasn't much to do other than read and re-read brochures and info-sheets, do some store cleaning, and chat with co-workers. Every day I did a number of deposits, withdrawals, and cash-orders for customers and businesses. Most of the tasks became rather – more... rote after several months.

Management was good with schedules and accommodating when they could be. They were helpful and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately, the training period was too short. When I began working with customers' accounts, I felt unprepared.

My co-workers were good people, friendly and hard-working.

The hardest part of this job was finding productive things to do and battling to reach each month's referral requirement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers to solve problems. – less
A great job
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Wauconda, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: great customers, great staff
Cons: high goals
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!
It is a sales job, you do have a personal goal that has to be meet every month, besides that everything is wonderful. You get to work with wonderful people, make friends, learn from one another.

1 2 3 4 5

About TCF Bank

TCF Financial is the holding company for TCF National Bank, which offers retail and small-business services through more than – Read more