TCF Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work. The balance between work and family is valued by my employer
Financial Intelligence Unit/Tier II Investigator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2015
I work with very diverse group from several different talent groups. I have learned so much over my past year. I am able to work independently and yet given the help necessary to complete my assigned tasks with quality results.

I would not be seeking other employment if the company was not moving there corporate building staff to a new location that is going to increase my travel time significantly.

Great group of individuals to work with and a Great company.
Had a chance to work with great people. Good enviroment.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Highland Park, IL and Waukegan, ILAugust 28, 2015
good work environment. had a chance to learn a lot on financial issues. coworkers made it easy to work with. training with TCF Bank was easy and understandable.
fun and pushy
Teller/Sales (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great lunch periods, worked as a team but also indivisually
Cons: too competetive at my location
TCF was great. workers were fun and encouraging. everyone was close. I could not catch on to the selling scene as fast as they wanted so the environment just became very uncomfortable for me. Im good at selling things people want and need, not bank accounts. So it was a personal struggle, the company is amazing!
Great management team!
Relationship Banker/Supervisor (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: school benefits, healthcare
Cons: employees very competitive
Great work environment. Employees very friendly. Loved going to work everyday. Loved helping regulars and new friendly customers. Cash handling very easy. Great company for promotions.
Productive Environment
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Constant Training, Great Management.
Cons: Short Breaks, Open 7 Days a Week, Smaller Pay Scale, Less Room for Growth.
Specifically at our branch, management is fantastic. In comparison to other banks, TCF is more conservative in their technology and methods. Where they lack in modernized techniques, they exceed in customer service. Determining what we CAN do for the customer, versus what we CAN'T do is the most important aspect of the job. Although employees are given incentives, they pay considerably less than other banks. They also do not provide a ton of room for growth.
Challanging and Educational
TELLER/ SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Working with costumers in and out of their comfort zone was very challenging, but with that it taught me to work in different situations.
The staff was very encouraging and teamwork was a big part of the TCF facility which I enjoyed.
Fun & exciting job with incentives
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Sometimes there was no time for lunch if you were the only manager
I enjoyed the diversity of working at an in-store branch; From working behind the teller line, opening accounts, training new hires, writing and approving paperwork.
There was never a dull day; there were appointments with customers, cold calls to make, offsite sales to perform and classes to take.

I trained under the best branch manager; she was knowledgeable, patient, was willing to work alongside you and train you and was very easy to approach.

The hardest part of work was having to rely on others to get a job done. Whether it was because I would be on PTO or it was not my area of expertise, waiting on someone else to solve a customer's issue was always a bit stressful.
We worked as a family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: My co-workers were the best
Cons: Job Security
TCF was a great place to work. Every call and every customer was different. I enjoyed being able to make someone's day just by going beyond the customer's expectation.
A Good Starter Bank
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule for students
Cons: Sales pressure
The people here were fantastic, but the good qualities end there. I would say this is a good starter bank for both consumers and those interested in a banking career. Pay is low, but job security high. You're probably not going to ever lose your job unless you;re caught stealing or the bank is closed by OFAC.
Not a plesent place to work
AML Investigator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 18, 2015
The job environment is not very nice, the corporate culture is horrible. I would not recommend working at this company.
Very professional job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2015
At TCF Bank there is so much room to promote. They are always doing awards and making you feel special and an asset at the company. They always treat their employees great and offer tuition reimbursement.
TCF Bank
Ops Specialist II (Former Employee), SF, SDAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Location was close to where I lived - short commute
Cons: only one shift available no other start or end times available for this job
MN based employer - it was great for the most part..I learned some new skills/software at this position that started out as permanent but ended up being temporary. Interesting environment I worked in! Hard to trust people though but as they say - trust no one!
Banking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 7, 2015
A great place to gain insight on the banking industry. A company that not only takes good care of their customers, but their employees too.
Great financial institution.a sleeping giant..great people..
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COAugust 6, 2015
During my tenure...This bank like any other company may have it's "issues"..example technology, but unlike others it is aware of them and is always trying to stay ahead.

This is a GREAT bank to work for and I have mentioned this many times...I made a mistake in leaving it.
We are a team at TCF
Receptionist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2015
We all are a team at TCF; On the Spot Awards are great incentive to do a good job. There isn't a typical day due to the variety of work I do. Helping another employee or customer get to the right area is very enjoyable.
Great team and great company.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Oswego, ILAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with. Close to home
Cons: Not enough business.
Great team of young adults working efficiently in operating and processing customer transactions and providing genuine customer service and product knowledge in order to obtain quality accounts.
Management was great to work with and very flexible.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: staff was great
Cons: very aggressive sales goal
Myt co-works and I had lots of fun with out customers. The branch I worked for was very laid back although if we did not hit out sales goal there was a problem.
Good to get promoted
Branch Manager & Mortgage Professional (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNJuly 17, 2015
Deal with customers daily and run transactions. Sales is a must. Work with bank operations and help train new employees.
Great Start
Sales Associate-Teller (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
A good place to work in starting a career, stable and good work life balance, I would recommend this to anyone starting out
HORRIBLE!!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Inside jewel, a lot of food!.
Cons: everything!.
Just a horrible place to work with no life balance or anything good for you, no grow, is a joke!. Money is a joke, Management is a nighmare.