tc media

tc media Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
In Toronto... nobody good stops in the job... very bad management
Art Director (Former Employee), TorontoApril 28, 2014
Cons: bad managers, everybody complains, too many rude people, terrible hr
You can work 9-5 but super hard - with no stops for even to go to the washroom. Management is very bad... does not care about the employees and they have a very old mentality (the style that still thinks that they are too superior to even talk to your employee... if manager).
It was one of the worse places I have ever worked. Nobody cares about others. – more... Nobody has fun. Nobody is happy there. Do not work for them if you have experience and if you care about others. Terrible HR people in the digital side. – less
Innovative and great place to work
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 14, 2014
TC Media is a world class printing and publishing company who believes in the innovation and talent of it's employee's.

Management is very supportive and encourages it's employees to focus on both personal and professional development. Amazing development and training programs providing employees with potential for advancement and opportunities throughout – more... the country.

A welcoming office environment and true team workplace. Great Company benefits, pension and compensation is in line with Industry standards. – less
Different culture and different pace
Digital operations coordinator (Current Employee), Montreal, quebecFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free fruit every week
Cons: unproductive and inconsistent management
I worked in 3 different offices for this company. Every office, every department has a different way of working. My first experience was with weblocal.ca. The atmosphere was exciting and fulfilling. Our group was young and ready to learn and help each other and grow with our strengths. We were a close-knit group and celebrated every milestone together. – more... I was very proud of the company I represented and woke up every single morning looking forward to going into work.

My second experience was within the newspaper group. It was a more slow pace environment. My coworkers were an older generation and a bit more skeptical about the internet and the future. Getting the work done was quite the challenge, but having everybody's support was rewarding.

My third experience was in an office of over 300 employees. My desk is in an area with 100 people and we all have to be quiet. Its a total different atmosphere! Everybody does their work and thats it.

Overall, this company gives you that sense of being a family. The relationship you have with your co-workers always go a bit beyond work. Everybody cares about you and that is always very appreciated! – less
Well managed and effective company
Editor (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLNovember 28, 2013
I enjoyed my time with TC Media would recommend them to potential employees
Young, fun team
Interactive Graphic Designer Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: positive teammates
Cons: n/a
The digital team is made up of young, fun, ambitious individuals who work very hard. Team building events are amazing and help to break the ice for new members of the team. The overall atmosphere is positive.
Une expérience très enrichissante
Directrice, produit et contenu/Information locale (Current Employee), Québec, QCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: dynamique, jeune, creative
Cons: changements organisationnels fréquents
TC Media m'a donné l'opportunité de me positionner en tant que leader et de réaliser un projet d'envergure, de la stratégie à l'exécution.