tc media

tc media Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not bad
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
I had a good work/life balance working there, and enjoyed working with the majority of my coworkers.
Enjoyed working at TC Media and co-workers was fantastic to work with
Client Service Rep (Former Employee), 6688 Kitimat Road, Mississauga ONAugust 20, 2014
Pros: just love working especially when i am busy
Cons: stayed in until 4:00 am the to get the job done.
I coordinated the Retail and PartSource Flyer making sure all change s were done correctly from a product list until final is approved and shipped to the printer.
Communicate with client to garther any missing information and resolve any issues as they occur on project.
Proof all finals before shipped to the Client and printer making sure all changes – more... we done as requested.
Order and follow up with client on missing merchandise giving direction on how product should be shot
Assist on creative for the GrandOpening and PartSource flyers if needed.
Attend meetings with Client on projects.
Invoice client and bill GrandOpening and PartSource flyers as per written contract
Upload final files to the Printer and resolve any queries from the Printer.
Worked overtime and on weekends if necessary to make sure the job get done
Assist co-workers if there are any slow period. – less
EXTREMELY Fun
Media Representative (Former Employee), Saint Leonard, QuebecMay 2, 2014
Pros: salary + working with people
Cons: taking large commission by some else.
A typical day at work would be to retain portfolio of accounts to ensure target objectives, are met on a well balance 4 day process. While developing a close relationships with multiple customers within accounts, and create new leads to maintain active release of newspaper, for the following week. The knowledge I gained there was being proactive, with – more... my co-workers and customers. Most of my customers after I left they took there business elsewhere.

The hardest part was leaving my customers and co-works, and management, I had no chose on the matter because the company was going for a restructure, and since I was the last one in, that forced me to be the 1st one out, within my group.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a multi-pule amount of customers, and traveling time. – less
In Toronto... nobody good stops in the job... very bad management
Art Director (Former Employee), TorontoApril 28, 2014
Cons: bad managers, everybody complains, too many rude people, terrible hr
You can work 9-5 but super hard - with no stops for even to go to the washroom. Management is very bad... does not care about the employees and they have a very old mentality (the style that still thinks that they are too superior to even talk to your employee... if manager).
It was one of the worse places I have ever worked. Nobody cares about others. – more... Nobody has fun. Nobody is happy there. Do not work for them if you have experience and if you care about others. Terrible HR people in the digital side. – less
Innovative and great place to work
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 14, 2014
TC Media is a world class printing and publishing company who believes in the innovation and talent of it's employee's.

Management is very supportive and encourages it's employees to focus on both personal and professional development. Amazing development and training programs providing employees with potential for advancement and opportunities throughout – more... the country.

A welcoming office environment and true team workplace. Great Company benefits, pension and compensation is in line with Industry standards. – less
Different culture and different pace
Digital operations coordinator (Current Employee), Montreal, quebecFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free fruit every week
Cons: unproductive and inconsistent management
I worked in 3 different offices for this company. Every office, every department has a different way of working. My first experience was with weblocal.ca. The atmosphere was exciting and fulfilling. Our group was young and ready to learn and help each other and grow with our strengths. We were a close-knit group and celebrated every milestone together. – more... I was very proud of the company I represented and woke up every single morning looking forward to going into work.

My second experience was within the newspaper group. It was a more slow pace environment. My coworkers were an older generation and a bit more skeptical about the internet and the future. Getting the work done was quite the challenge, but having everybody's support was rewarding.

My third experience was in an office of over 300 employees. My desk is in an area with 100 people and we all have to be quiet. Its a total different atmosphere! Everybody does their work and thats it.

Overall, this company gives you that sense of being a family. The relationship you have with your co-workers always go a bit beyond work. Everybody cares about you and that is always very appreciated! – less
Well managed and effective company
Editor (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLNovember 28, 2013
I enjoyed my time with TC Media would recommend them to potential employees
Young, fun team
Interactive Graphic Designer Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: positive teammates
Cons: n/a
The digital team is made up of young, fun, ambitious individuals who work very hard. Team building events are amazing and help to break the ice for new members of the team. The overall atmosphere is positive.
Environnement de travail très agréable
Concepteur graphique (Current Employee), Rivière-des-Prairies, QCOctober 9, 2014
La relation de travail entre une organisation et ses employés se traduit par donner et recevoir.

Un employeur de choix où l'environnement de travail est agréable, caractérisé par un horaire flexible, des espaces de travail modernes à aire ouverte.

TC favorise la qualité de vie des employés ce qui est profitable pour l'organisation.
Une expérience très enrichissante
Directrice, produit et contenu/Information locale (Current Employee), Québec, QCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: dynamique, jeune, creative
Cons: changements organisationnels fréquents
TC Media m'a donné l'opportunité de me positionner en tant que leader et de réaliser un projet d'envergure, de la stratégie à l'exécution.