Position: National Sales Manager- Mass Retail
Taymor is a successful nationally recognized custom manufacturer of specialty branded products serving the home improvement and builder markets across North America. We design and deliver hardware products for the home that are functional, fashionable and affordable. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, national and regional retail brands, specialty retail stores and major commercial, single family and multi-unit home builders. This position will operate out of our Mississauga office.
Making Your Mark
We are positioning for our next level of growth and require an experienced National Sales Manager - Mass Retail to drive our growth in this sales channel. The primary function of this role is to develop and implement strategic and tactical selling plans, while building strong relationships with or Canada’s largest home improvement retailers. Experience is necessary.
You are likeable, confident, and pride yourself on building authentic relationships with people. You use your deep market knowledge, ability to listen, and solid analytical skills to anticipate customer needs. You work hard to develop a keen understanding of your product offerings, and what makes them better. You have been described as handy, with strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to communicate technical features to almost anyone. You respect deadlines and plan your work to remain one step ahead. You’ve been described as strategic, organized, open minded, and creative.
- Responsible for driving sales and GM in the Mass Retail channel and other assigned areas.
- Develop strong consultative relationships with buyers and other influencers at assigned accounts, and ensure Taymor is their preferred vendor.
- You will manage all aspects of national accounts and have a proven track record building retail programs and planograms.
- Successfully complete and coordinate line reviews, business reviews, program roll-outs, store resets, new store openings, and trade shows
- Effectively cooperate, communicate, and collaborate with the Marketing and Product Management teams to create programs that are custom tailored to the Mass Retail channel
- Strong technical aptitude, ability to understand and clearly communicate product features and benefits for a broad range of products.
Minimum Educational /Experiential Requirements
- College level degree.
- Six years of sales experience, with at least two at sales management level, selling to home improvement retailers with preference to those experienced in hardware or plumbing channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Spoken and written French language skills are an asset.
- Intermediate abilities in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Some travel is required.
Salary Range: Competitive salary and benefits.
Location: 6460 Kennedy Road, Mississauga, Ontario
This is a career opportunity you don't want to overlook.
Forward your resume by email for immediate and confidential consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job!
We appreciate all applicant submissions, however only those candidates considered for interview will be contacted.
Deadline for application: March 8, 2013