Tata Steel Limited

Tata Steel Limited Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable but hard work.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee, good pay, short hours.
Cons: shift pattern, lazy employees.
I liked working at Tata Steel. It was very hard, physical labour that entailed a lot of heavy lifting, bending over to package stock and this was very consistent. I was given the opportunity by my co-workers to operate the machines inside the warehouse which I, personally, found very easy to understand and learn. Although I appreciate this, I found – more... the employees treated temp workers a little rough. Having to package four different pallets of steel blanks by yourself in twenty mins before another four come off is back breaking hard work and I rarely got help with that (when I worked on one machine). Apart from that I found them easy to get along with, just lazy. It was hard to package certain items when they come off machines quickly. If there were two of us it wouldn't have been so bad. On the other hand, hard labour and a good wage are the things that I enjoyed. Working hard made the time seem like it was moving fast. – less
Big company wrorks
CNC Operator / programer (Current Employee), Rotherham, ENGJuly 30, 2014
this work is a bit depresing, as aprentice im just a number, we were not even told how much we are going to earn at end of apprentice
Intresting place to work
General Operative (Former Employee), Newport, WLSJuly 29, 2014
This position was a different direction for myself. It was intresting because I was able to learn differnent techniquies that I would not be able to learn in positons that my qualifications lean towards.
System driven working culture and standardization of work
Manager (Current Employee), Jamshedpur, JHJuly 27, 2014
Pros: holiday plans
Cons: long hours
Standard Practices for each work and safety is first priority.
dull place to work..
electronic tecnitian (Current Employee), Tarapur, MHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: lunch free
Cons: long hours and bad salary
it donot help indelf development at all... i dnt like the management which is correpted.
Good company to start of a career
Senior Automation tech (Current Employee), Richards Bay, ZNJune 25, 2014
A day can vary from working on net work coms fault helping a technician or mechanical to solving a software problem
How a typical project move from planing to execution
Highly qualified and team players
Constant money saving constrains in execution of solutions
The confidence of seniors to let you take on new projects and implement solutions to existing – more... problems on your own – less
Workplace
communication Assistant (Current Employee), Ramgarh, JhakhandJune 25, 2014
Tata Steel ia s world class company in all areas of employee, safety, quality, CSR
Tata Steel
Dy Manager IT (Former Employee), Jamshedpur, JHJune 24, 2014
Ensure performance levels for Production Environment.
People Management ,Quality Process implementation and Audit, Customer Relationship Management
tata steel
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Jajpur, ORJune 20, 2014
Pros: good compensation, best in the market plus good accomodation facilities, less work
Cons: blame game, highly political environment
Work life balance is great, low work stress, high pay, freedom, co-operative and friendly colleagues, high focus on ethics and curbing ill-practices, high focus on safety and overall well being of employees. Great place to work for a middle aged person with family. Jamshedpur is a good city to settle down, all amenities of a metro but no stress and – more... crowds. Salaries and perks are great. – less
NDT Technician (Former Employee), RedcarJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed working here and doing every activity that was required of me..

Work was hard and long but it was all part of the fun
Professionalism and Ethics
Head Marketing - Retail (Former Employee), mumbai, MaharashtraJune 9, 2014
Pros: systematic and ethical
Cons: hurdles to grow
Worked in almost more than nine portfolios, well what there is one common thing as far as a typical day at work was start your day with a concrete plan
Learned professionalism, ethics, systems, process, etc.
Managing was much on professional environment, supportive co-workers
Hardest part of the job was to get the decision implemented due to hurdles – more... on the way
The most enjoyable part of the job was having freedom to access various resources across the chain of the organization – less
Challenging work, steep learning curve, great responsibility and rewarding outcomes.
Graduate Project Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Blast Furnace 4 RebuildJune 8, 2014
At the height of the project, a typical day at work started off with an early morning meeting to review progress against the plan and agree work to be carried out throughout the day. The day would then continue with work in the field on installation, commissioning or design and whatever other activities (safety audits etc) were necessary. Mixed in were – more... daily meetings with the principal electrical contractors to determine the state of the installation and identify any issues arising and solutions to be implemented.

In addition to technical knowledge and skills, I learned a great deal regarding how to approach problem-solving. I learned about the need to take a step back sometimes and consider a problem/situation rather than rushing in headlong with the first solution that comes to mind. I also learned about the importance of devising a plan for whatever activity I engage in to give my efforts structure and focus.

The hardest part of the job was the amount I had to learn in a short space of time to effectively deliver the outcomes to further my part of the project and to push the project as a whole toward completion. I had to gain competence in new skills while working on one of the biggest projects in the country. I was in a good position to succeed at this because of the work I put in and the willingness of my co-workers around me to listen, advice and place their years of knowledge at my disposal.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the work I had put in whether in learning, designing or supervision coming to fruition. Seeing the systems that we worked on being turned on, commissioned and working was the most rewarding part of the job. – less
Productive and fun of experience
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), BoisarJune 8, 2014
Very good experience with the team.
Helpful to learn many things with work.
challenging and rewarding job
INSPECTOR (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 22, 2014
Pros: with overtime can make mid 30k a year
Cons: having set holidays and only 4 lieu days to choose from a year
My typical day consist of inspecting steel pipe that is produced at roughly 75 foot a minute, producing over 400 ton over my 8 hour shift, i record my finding and report and improvement or defects that i have found as the pipe is being produced to ensure we get maximum quality and quantity through out the rolling of the product.
trainer
Work as Trainer (Former Employee), Dhanbad, JHMay 17, 2014
Good learning environment , get chances to learn new technologies, functionality of the it company , database management
Undergoing difficult transition
*** (Current Employee), North LincolnshireMay 4, 2014
Pros: pension
Cons: job security, promotion prospects, direction
Constantly underpressure to improve, down size and restructure
VERY GOOD ENVIRONMENT FOR WORKING PEACEFULLY.
completed 6 month project at TATA STEEL (Former Employee), Jamshedpur, JHMay 2, 2014
In summer it is quite hard to work though it is air conditoned.
It is an big organization no such workload so learning depends how much you want to gain.
Very well managements here.
My co-workers are also very helpful.
I gave my best to TATA STEEL
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Dhanbad, JHApril 28, 2014
Pros: we daily bought our lunch
Cons: night shift in winter season
Hard to understand LHD M/C.
Learned official assistance to external clients.
Management was sound in each & every level of organization.
Co-workers were supportive in nature.
Hardest part of job was daily running of 10 km in underground mines.
Most enjoyable part i feel was finishing a job accurately.
Learning Palce
Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Jamshedpur, JHApril 27, 2014
I had learned here about the Tata Steel product .How the materail is manufactured and sales in both Retail And Direct Sales to customer

Tata steel has great management,They knows how to use the skill of Employee in more efficient output

My co-worker are very supportive .they guide my as i needed

To see the commercial part in starting but presently – more... understanding that part .

Using IT & SP CRM of Organisation – less
LARGE STEEL COMPANY
WELDER (Current Employee), PORT TALBOTApril 24, 2014
I WORK WITH A 6 MAN TEAM AND FABRICATE STRUCTURAL AND PIPEWORK SYSTEMS ON A DAILY BASIS. I REGULARLY ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS AND LOVE THE CHALLENGE OF OVERCOMING THEM.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tata Steel Limited

Tata Steel Limited (formerly Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited (TISCO)) is an Indian multinational steel-making company headquartered – Read more

Tata Steel Limited Photos