Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
2,533 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive workplace
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Midland MichiganOctober 6, 2014
A typical workday is filled with answering multi line phones. Ensuring customer satisfaction.
Amazing place to work for experienced candidates but not for freshers
Mainframe Developer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: job security, multiple projects & multiple clients
Cons: number of yrs of exp.=salary package, expensive cabs, no standard increment, employees are labours
TCS being India's top MNC, is a great place for people who love work-life balance. But being a fresher, you won't get much exposure to strengthen your technical skills. TCS has many projects with many clients from many locations across the world. It is a place for technical lead and higher roles. The drawback of this company can be stated as language – more... barrier. Top level management people are linguistic. Also employees are not valued as other companies do. The concern raised by the employees are never taken care.

Apart from the above, you get many other positive points like job security, multi-project, multi-client exposure. You can also switch from one domain to other. You get many opportunities to plan and host many cultural events.

Also the transport facility provided by the company seems to be expensive compared to other companies. – less
Great work experience @ TCS
IT Analyst (Senior UNIX Administrator) (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoOctober 5, 2014
I have been working here in TCS from last 4 years. I have learnt lot about technolocgies with in these years. Had been given many technical trainings by the company. on top of it, we had had very friendly work environment. Never felt trouble.
Place of Opportunity
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2014
Nice place to work.
Opportunity to learn new technologies.
Great company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Great company to work. we can balance work life. Some times need to work more hours.
too much productive and serious workculture
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee), kolkataOctober 5, 2014
Pros: safety, security and culture
Cons: salary strucutre & growth
Have learnt how to handle a team, communicate with different level's associate of our company, how to deliver works within the time frame and lots of things also. Over all good experience.
TCS is great place to work.
Senior Business Analyst -Team Leader (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: lesssalary
TCS is great place to work, there is job security , work life balance ,Job culture .
Admin /Customer relation
Executive Admin (Former Employee), keralaOctober 4, 2014
Admin related work
and customer care
vendor management
stock management
Perfect place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks, break out events, employee friendly and spacious infrastructure
Cons: transport
TCS is one of the finest places to work. My typical day starts with analyzing the application data and stability and work on the existing and newly coming issues. TCS helped me to understand on how projects are to handled from management perspective. As a team leader, I am able to gain insight experience in resource, project and disaster managements. – more... Management at TCS are extremely friendly and helpful and so are co workers. Every one get aligned so comfortably to work with ease. I did not face any hard times with my job and was completely happy with it. Real time project issues in production environment are always challenging and they helped me improve my critical thinking and decision making skills. – less
BI Analyst and Developer
Assistant Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 3, 2014
I worked as a Business intelligence analyst and developer in TCS
Feb2012-Nov2013
Good Work Culture and Challenging job
System Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 3, 2014
You can easily maintain a good balance between your professional and personal life. They provide really good training session and lots of oppurtunities for enhancing your skill sets.
Automotive domain-Nissan project
Pune - Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, Nyati TiaraOctober 3, 2014
The company was good. I enjoyed lot working with TCS. The work culture is good. MY team members are helpful co-operative. My manager is compassionate in nature.
24 by 7
Manager (Current Employee), SanAntonio, TXOctober 3, 2014
A 24 by 7 availability expected. There is no work life balance.
Just a big name
Assistant Systems Engineer (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 3, 2014
No projects to work on for freshers.Most of the work is support or maintenance.
High intensity organization
User Acceptance Test Lead (Former Employee), Sydney, AustraliaOctober 2, 2014
There is a big learning curve as much of what you learn has to be on the job, but once you get it - it's smooth sailing for the most part.

My co workers were fantastic and felt more like family then people I worked with.

Everyone can't get along 100% of the time but for the most part everyone was respectful and courteous and helped each other succeed.
Healthy Work Culture and Employee Friendly Policies
Technical Lead (Former Employee), Guadalajara, JALOctober 2, 2014
Pros: healthy and professional work environment, structured and standardized processes, transparent policies for promotion/hike etc.
It has been great experience working with Asia's one of the largest IT consulting firm, Tata Consultancy Services(TCS).
Got an opportunity to develop myself, professionally and personally.
Structured processes and high standards for the projects enable to produce superior results and to achieve teams' and individual's objectives.
Transparent and employee – more... friendly policies for promotions, leaves and other benefits (such as insurance) make one feel comfortable. – less
TCS is productive and fun workplace lots of things to learn
INCOME PROCESSING IN SEI TRANSACTION PROCESSING (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: able to maintained healthy lifestyle due to availability of gym.
Cons: long waiting for parking place, not enough parking space for two wheelers
I start my day with clearing exceptions and reconciliation. then processing daily payments after that prebalancing of payments for future payable date. work will be manageable on normal days but we have to stretch on heavy payable days. I learned many things like time management and how to to reduce volume on pay dates, and timely and accurate payments. – more... Management is good. my co workers are really helpful. The hardest part of job is when projections are coming late of payments from DTCC or FED. we enjoyed a lot when client sends us appreciations emails. – less
feeling saturated
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), MinneapolisOctober 1, 2014
mundane and clerical work at office
Good retail domain knowledge understanding
Team Member (Current Employee), Kolkata, WBSeptember 30, 2014
Very productive..............................................................................................
Best Experience and learning in TCS
workflow specialist (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 30, 2014
Got a new opportunity t work with TCS .TCS plays a major role in providing great customer service and client satisfaction.

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Photos