Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
2,206 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning curve
Assistant Systems Engineer / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Siruseri/TN/IndiaOctober 9, 2012
My previous job was enjoyable with lot of learning experience.
A good place to work
I.T.Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 26, 2012
Really enjoyed my career at TCS.Learnt many technologies which helped my growth.
Best part of my corporate life
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaSeptember 12, 2012
Learning is progressive throughout the career. Management is employees oriented.
Productive and Fun workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 11, 2012
A typical day at work at TCS is both challenging and fun. Working hours are flexible. The work is not micro managed and the management gives freedom to the employee to be creative.
Fun place with awesome management
Assistant Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaSeptember 9, 2012
I worked in IOS applications and developed apps mainly for banking sector.
Work - Life Balace
Design Engineer (Current Employee), ChennaiSeptember 4, 2012
A good to begin the work.Not good working culture.Some Politics is there.Flexible timing
Co-perative work environment
Asst. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 3, 2012
Team Leads are really nice and help you a lot. Everyday is a new experience. Co-workers are quite helpful. Management is nice and appreciate your work. Also there is direct client interaction, this exposure to the customer world helps to know the product better.
Productive and fun workplace
Functional consultant / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Gurgaon,IndiaAugust 28, 2012
Learned a lot as being a first company to work.
Management and co-workers were all helpful.
Enjoyed working there.
Best Place Work.
Application Support Technician/SQL Server (Current Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 11, 2012
It completely depends on the project and manager to whom u get along with. Other than that it is one of best place to work.
Productive, Fun Place to Work, Great Career Progression Possibilities
Team Lead / Business Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaJuly 23, 2012
Open work culture that offers ample opportunity to learn new skills and get involved with personal areas of interest.

Encouraging management that supports career aspirations.
Exiting and fun place to work
Module Lead (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 19, 2012
Pros: flexible timings, good co-workers, exiting work, freedom to work on your interests, work life balance
Cons: some times high pressure, politics
A typical day would comprise of meetings with client, development work, attending support tickets and managing the team members. A typical Friday includes 1 hour of "Fun hour" apart from the regular work. Apart from that I get to work for social service activities which I am interested in.

My learning includes managing projects, people, multiple tasks – more... effectively, gathering requirements from client and producing applications successfully, technical expertise.

Management is very supportive. They give importance to ideas of every member. They are flexible in terms of rules as long as work is done.

Hardest part of the job was to work on support tickets because of the deadlines some tickets have.

Most enjoyable part was during requirements analysis phase and development. – less
Great company with great working environment, appreciate team work.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 9, 2012
I joined TCS as fresher in IT profession and served 4 years as employee, Its been great to be a part of TCS, It gave me opportunity to deal with many real time software challenges which definitely enhanced my skills.
Work place
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Delhi, DLMay 30, 2012
Pros: working style and ambience
Cons: challenging client with huge demands, extensive working hours, strict deadlines
Toughest part of job is to handle client, mangers and company is supportive of ones decision making.
Working hours may go upto 15-20 a day on a hectice day otherwise common routine is 10-12 per day.
I have learned to manage different activities in a limited period of time, delegation of work and help to others with functional expertise.
Less criticism – more... makes it all worth. – less
Developing Carrer
Portfolio runner (Former Employee), chennai tamil naduJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good at work
Cons: can develope our carrier if we have strenght
Its a top most company in INDIA, which offers a good pay to all the freshers and which also develope their career better in future.Living company forever.
Working with TCS was very professional with High Standard, very disciplined.
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Mumbai, Maharashra, IndiaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: no free lunches, no parties
Cons: daily 10 hrs plus overtime due to work load
As an Senior Associate in Cargo Revenue Accounting Dept for Singapore Airlines Cargo from July 2006 till December 2011

I worked in General Shift, which start at 8.30 AM till 6.15 PM with 2 weekly off.

Apart from my work, I learn Discipline, Importance of time, Prompt delivery and importance of communication with your client.

My co-worker were quite – more... supportive and funny.

The hardest part of the job is my timings, daily 10 hrs plus overtime of 2/3 hrs due to work load. – less
SAP CRM Certified Consultant
IT Analyst (Current Employee), HYDERABADJuly 20, 2014
Having 8.7 years of total SAP experience including 4.4 years of ABAP and 4.3 years of CRM Functional expertise with focus in Master Data, Marketing, Sales, Services and other Customization as per clients.
Productive workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), PuneJuly 19, 2014
productive workplace, good co-workers and its really good experience to be as TCS employee.
Production Support Executive (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: can learn a lot through training's provided
Cons: monetary benefits is less
I had a very good learning from my previous organization. Each day was challenging and had new learning. I had friendly co workers and we worked as a team than as an individual which was the key reason for our project success.
TCS is a great co. to have start and you will actually understand what is Corporate.
Process Associate (Former Employee), GoregaonJuly 19, 2014
Pros: extended breaks, new activities.
Cons: time effwctive
I have been working with a Team of 25 people all were from different location and culture but then too we work well like team, I mean we are on 100% in our accuracy and efficiency since last 18 months. I have joined Co. 21 months back but had learn many things and also improved all my skills. Learn also some new things, new areas of development for – more... me where needed.... Thank You so much TCS for giving me this opportunity....... – less
No fun and full of bureaucracy
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: difficult to get fired
Cons: everything else
If you are lucky you will get a good role else you will be lost among the 250000 employees.
Very poor visibility and the managers dont make it any better.
Below average pay scale.

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Photos