Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews in Canada

I was proud to start the Develpoment Centre
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga/Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
I was the first employee to start this organization in Mississauga with my Manager.

I had to work with our financial clients, and meet their daily requirements in getting them the right resources with our overseas deputation.
Pros
flexible
Terrible Company Practices
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB, CanadaMay 21, 2013
This organization is currently under investigation by the CBC.
Productivity and Individual Development
Business Development Manager, Account Manager (Current Employee) –  DelhiMay 15, 2013
Tata Code of Conduct, best practices in every process, enabled learning on work, through interactions with Domain Experts in projects. The Group ensures every individual is able to hone up the skill set
Pros
excellent team work
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
Pros
job security
Cons
absolutely no work life balance
Easy going workplace, flexible hours, team culture
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2013
Great company to work for. Easy to approach managers. Flexible hours and a great team atmosphere.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non competitive salaries
Job Security
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 8, 2013
TCS is a very large organization with many employees globally.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
extensive overtime
Secured Job.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
Learned Managing skills, how to handle crisis movements and deal with variety of people offshore and onshore.
Pros
wide range of opportunities across world
CO Consultant (Current Employee) –  BahrainJanuary 25, 2013
TCS Culture/ Values are Excellent. Regarding Work life balance it depends the on Management group who we are working with and the type of Project.
Co-operative team
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 13, 2012
Working with TCS for last 7 years was a great experience as it was a great learning opportunity. The team was highly motivated. Co-workers were very co-operative
Pros
co-operative
Cons
Client servicing along with meeting deadlines
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 25, 2012
Day starts with morning conference calls on different changes happening at different LOB's. Managing a team pretty much defines managing yourself first and the hardest as well as the most enjoyable part of the job is to surprise your own self by not being a manager but being a true Leader.
Productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 4, 2012
I owe a lot to this company , my first job, assignments in multiple onsite locations. A very good company to work with.
Good Place to work
Windows Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2012
Management is fine and work culture is excellent. Learned windows and vmware server administration.
Learning curve
Assistant Systems Engineer / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Siruseri/TN/IndiaOctober 9, 2012
My previous job was enjoyable with lot of learning experience.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 16, 2012
Typical work environment depends upon customer we work for, align to customers need.Learning is part of everyday schedule, not just the tool but also the domain. Worked in good teams helped to achieve stiff targets with ease. Whenever there is change in customer, understanding the process of new customer is hardest part.
Un choc culturel très enrichissant
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg (Europe)January 9, 2013
Accepter un poste chez Tata Consulting Services c'est faire le choix de l'exotisme professionnel !
Les différences de cultures deviennent rapidement évidentes et souvent difficiles à surmonter. Néanmoins, l'expérience se révèle enrichissante grâce au flegme typiquement indien de la grande majorité des employés.
Le stress est pratiquement inexistant, même en temps de crise, lorsqu'une bouffée d'adrénaline serait la bienvenue...
Rien ne semble perturber la contenance de mes anciens collègues, toujours prompts à répondre avec un grand sourire à la plus virulente des remontrances.
Perturbant !
Une très belle expérience dans l'ensemble, et de bons souvenirs, mais une structure opérationnelle et une stratégie commerciale aussi fluides et organisées qu'un boulevard de Dehli un jour de marché.
Une expérience globalement très satisfaisante, car malgré les difficultés, j'ai grandement apprécié travailler avec des collègues indiens dotés d'une authentique générosité.
Pros
expérience culturelle
Cons
manque d'organisation, stratégie incompréhensible