Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
2,179 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Culture diversified and employee friendly company
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 5, 2013
Tata Consultancy Services work culture is good . It allows you to maintains balance between work and personal life . But, only problem is no younger gen people on higher ladder . It is very hard here to reach to higher management position . Career path is comparatively slow .
Vast exposure to various technologies, Learnt a lot.
Developer (Former Employee), bangalore, IndiaSeptember 4, 2013
Got a great bird's eye view of how corporate industry works. Learnt corporate processes, team skills various technologies.
learning is a continuous process
systems engineer (Former Employee), chennai.INDIAAugust 30, 2013
i learnt a lot during my career in TCS both technically and business wise.
I was proud to start the Develpoment Centre
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga/Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
I was the first employee to start this organization in Mississauga with my Manager.

I had to work with our financial clients, and meet their daily requirements in getting them the right resources with our overseas deputation.
For a stable job and good work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 27, 2013
TCS is a company where anyone would wish to retire from. Once you get into this company it will be very hard to find reasons to leave. Except, it money is the only driver in your professional life.
Good working atmosphere
Drug Safety Quality Reviewer at TCS (Current Employee), Pune, MHAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free transportation
Cons: long hours
Work culture is really good, with a good group of friends. Enjoy the work load and the joke cracked by the friends
TCS is quite professinal as far as work is concern
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Vikhroli, Mumbai, IndiaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: we have free transport hub facility
Cons: we need to stay back to clear pending works and at monthly closure
We worked daily 10 hrs general shift with Saturday and Sunday off. I was working for Singapore Airlines Cargo Revenue Accounting team. We used RAPID software for CRA activities. I have learnt how to maintain quality and prompt about delivering worl for our client.
Best Place for Work Life Balance
Asistant Consultant (Current Employee), Delhi, DLAugust 16, 2013
Pros: everybody is given equal opportunity
Cons: being a very big ship, its turning radius is very large and also slow.
This is one such company where in spite of being on the lower side of the salary, associate does not feel the urge to leave it at the very first go. It takes lot of effort or very bad luck for an associate to switch from TCS. Learning opportunities are abound, Management has very positive and futuristic approach.
OK
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 25, 2013
Good Learning opportunity.
Heavy work load all the time.
They have good HR policies, but Managers do not adhere to it.
trained well to know the fundamentals of IT industry
Trainee (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJJuly 21, 2013
As a trainee, I was responsible to learn the technology which was being used in the project and complete the duties assigned by the team leader.All the leaders were very co-operative and willing to teach.
Its and Fun Place to work and learn something new everyday
PTCL Coordinator / Operations Assistance (Current Employee), Lahore, PPBJuly 19, 2013
Its really fun to work like a funny environment where you only work with passion and hard
Productive , Friendly work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2013
The typical day at work normally starts at 8, First thing I do is I establish a priority list of things to accomplish with time scale. Priority A, B and C. Priority A contains must do items. I also include break time/coffee time too. Most of the activities are achived through team work and the Co workers had been amazing team members. Also regular reporting – more... to managers. Mange the team and guide them through any challenges.
Most enjoyable part is everyone works together as a team to meet any customer requirement. It had fun and friendly environment.
Hardest part: There were some challenges in gettign some key information from the cross functional departments. but it was resolved and the whole team and management came up with a better plan to mitigate the same. – less
The workplace is great place to learn new things
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon,IndiaJune 25, 2013
Pros: timings are flexible.
Cons: weekends are working
We get opportunities to learn , share and grow in the office.The timings are flexible.
Handling different task
Senior Process Associate, Back- up QA (Former Employee), Fort Bonifacio Global City,PhilippinesJune 8, 2013
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: extending an hours without pay
Im handling too much "cases" or "task" everyday but at the end of the day I finished it with a smile because Iam doing it correctly and i can managed my time very well. After handling a task Iam helping the QA to edit some task or cases if there's an error with their work. Ive learned too much in this kind of work, i need to think very fast, i need – more... to analyzed some situation in a specific time. I have no problems with my co-workers because I'am very nice to everybody. The hardest part in my job was having an extending hours in the office but i didnt received any overtime pay but the most enjoyable part in my job was iam always receiving an awards in the office with gift certificate and my manager always recognized my work.The – less
Very Productive and Enjoyable work culture
SAP Consultant (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GujMay 28, 2013
Very challenging and thus interesting job
Efficient systems available at the workplace
Good management support
learned lot many concepts and innovations at my work
Efficient work culture with good scope of learning, fun filled co-workers and very much flexible work environment.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNMay 26, 2013
Its been awesome experience with Tata Consultancy Services starting from the initial learning program till date. There has been lot of learning which boosted my career growth in IT sector. Always a challenging work culture with career growth and learning scope.
Terrible Company Practices
Account Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB, CanadaMay 21, 2013
This organization is currently under investigation by the CBC.
Senior Process Associates
SENIOR PROCESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Vadodara, GujaratMay 7, 2013
• Service provided to Client: Nielsen (FMCG Retail Market)
• Processed data based on statistical analysis used SIRVAL statistical tools and performance standards, able to understand complex client queries Prepared by database
o Accountable for creation of periodic client deliverable for the country
o Worked for Middle East Africa for Kenya country
o – more... Was look for north African countries (Morocco &Tunisia)
o Accountable for team of 5 Members to train and brief them on project
o Recognised as subject matter experts the accountable for reviewed the deliverable of the team on behalf of the Client
o Adherence to KPI, TAT for each and every database

• Activities include
o Reviewed process flows and requirements
o Attended meetings and conference to validate and identify areas of concern issue
o Identified the process diverse needs for the team and help to support the solutions
o Provided an additional level of testing to support the project
o Worked on Modules RDM, PDM, CIMS, IMDB and CIMDB. Use Nitro for check Database
o Did Transition of new project for Morocco, With KT plan, Sign off all Documents, Bring Tool & Systems sign off from Onshore to Off Shore. – less
Great Work Culture
Software Developer (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HR, IndiaMay 6, 2013
Pros: awesome place to work
Cons: growth at slow pace
The company is a great place to learn. I've been here for last two years working for a US clinet and learnt a lot.
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee), Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: absolutely no work life balance
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate – more... goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’. – less

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Photos