Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Company to work for
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 3, 2016
Nice work environment.
Staff are friendly and helpful
The working hours are flexible
Good knowledge base of staff and experience level high
Overall a good place to work
Tcs
IT Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Very co-operative managers and management. Big brand with lots of upcoming project.Teams are very co-operative and sincere understanding of job responsibility. It keeps and ongoing focus on client satisfaction.
Productive and fun place to work.
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2016
- Nice team
- I learned automation testing, and worked on different roles
- Mostly I worked regular hours from 9 AM - 6 PM with some exception to work on late hours and weekend calls.
- Overall I enjoyed.
Productive and workspace
Designer & Lead (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 13, 2015
Good place to start the career with lots off challenges and exposure to new technologies. Co-workers will help during the initial period where you are stuck and will boost to handle any situation in limited time.
Pros
work culture
Cons
Management politics
Amazing place to work
Training Executive & coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ONApril 18, 2016
Good work culture and promotes employee self development. Exposes an individual to various facets of work due to its sheer scale.
Great Team - Enjoyed every moment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Starts with Team meeting and ends with daily report (project wise)

Work ethics, Handle pressure situation and Meet requirement

Organized

Helpful and cooperative

Time Management and Resource Management

Completion of project in time and to see in live
Pros
Achievements
Cons
Work pressure. Overtime
Great work environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 4, 2016
TCS has given me the opportunity to work as software developer, it gave me a unique perspective into a consultants life.
TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting company...
Pros
free overtime
Cons
long hours, treat like slave by indian lead onsite with cheap and dirty politics.
Learning path way
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
Being one of the top IT and Financial outsourcing company Tata Consultancy has tie up with many clients in different fields which allow employees to choose various levels and work it will give both work life balance and career enhancement to an individual.

At the same time, having multiple branches or locations is great advantage for employees if they choose to move to a different location.

Management is friendly and cooperative.
Nice company to work with
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
I have been working with TCS for more than three years. TCS is a Nice company to work with. I has lot of opportunities to offer.
Stable job
software developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Depending on the project, the work may or may not be suitable to your interest and skills.Training encourages learning of different technologies.
Good company
IT analyst (Current Employee) –  MarkhamJanuary 25, 2016
Interactive work environment
Team building
Working with multiple teams
Effective debugging techniques
Working on multiple technologies
End to end lifecycle
Pros
job safety
Cons
Week end work
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
Pros
job security
Cons
absolutely no work life balance
Productive and secured work place
Assitant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 24, 2015
TCs is One of the very best and Top MNC in India.Work is always challenging and interesting each and every time of my assignments, I have been working in this company for the last 8 years , Initially I got the opportunity to work with this concern via vendor then I have been observed by TCS later on . I always pride to been a Tcser.
Opportunities
Oracle Spatial DBA and Oracle Integration Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2015
Young professionals will get gain good experience as there are enormous opportunities. It will be a very good learning curver.

Poor HR Policies.
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Work-Life balance, Human Resource Department is rude. Employer Friendly policies and not employee friendly.
Nice place to work
Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
TCS is a big brand name in IT. Nice and easy work culture, however, it may demand long hours especially during project delivery deadlines. Industry standard compensation
Pros
job security and onsite compensations
Cons
bureaucratic culture
Lucky to be with TCS
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  BramptonJune 17, 2015
I feel proud to work with TCS. Started my career as a developer,
TCS provided me lots of opportunities to better myself and move on to next level, lots of scope of learning, good friends, well wishers and best supervisors.

I had hard times when there was some crucial deliveries with very short deadlines. I had my team support always even at my adverse situations.

The most enjoyable part was constant learning. TCS never let me down in terms of learning.
Great firm to work with
Software Developer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  OTTAWAJanuary 22, 2015
I have been working with TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES from last 7 years, and my journey was good, comfortable. TCS is one of best Indian IT firm, and globally acclaimed.

It has provided me good exposer and career opportunities. I was lucky to work under good management team, where I have learnt lot about managing team and client relationship. I would recommend any one to join such association.
Fun Workplace with lot of support from peers
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  torontoJuly 26, 2015
Very good exposure to all-round IT projects including all phases of SDLC. Support from management.

Con
===
1. Feedback system which is still bell curve methodology.
Program QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Overall working in TATA Consultancy services is good.

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Reviews by Location