Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews in Canada

Working with multiple teams
Effective debugging techniques
Working on multiple technologies
End to end lifecycle
Pros
job safety
Cons
Week end work
Productive and secured work place
Assitant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 24, 2015
TCs is One of the very best and Top MNC in India.Work is always challenging and interesting each and every time of my assignments, I have been working in this company for the last 8 years , Initially I got the opportunity to work with this concern via vendor then I have been observed by TCS later on . I always pride to been a Tcser.
Nice company to work with
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
I have been working with TCS for more than three years. TCS is a Nice company to work with. I has lot of opportunities to offer.
Stable job
software developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Depending on the project, the work may or may not be suitable to your interest and skills.Training encourages learning of different technologies.
Great Team - Enjoyed every moment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Starts with Team meeting and ends with daily report (project wise)

Work ethics, Handle pressure situation and Meet requirement

Organized

Helpful and cooperative

Time Management and Resource Management

Completion of project in time and to see in live
Pros
Achievements
Cons
Work pressure. Overtime
Opportunities
Oracle Spatial DBA and Oracle Integration Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2015
Young professionals will get gain good experience as there are enormous opportunities. It will be a very good learning curver.

Poor HR Policies.
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
Work-Life balance, Human Resource Department is rude. Employer Friendly policies and not employee friendly.
Nice place to work
Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
TCS is a big brand name in IT. Nice and easy work culture, however, it may demand long hours especially during project delivery deadlines. Industry standard compensation
Pros
job security and onsite compensations
Cons
bureaucratic culture
Productive and workspace
Designer & Lead (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 13, 2015
Good place to start the career with lots off challenges and exposure to new technologies. Co-workers will help during the initial period where you are stuck and will boost to handle any situation in limited time.
Pros
work culture
Cons
Management politics
Lucky to be with TCS
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  BramptonJune 17, 2015
I feel proud to work with TCS. Started my career as a developer,
TCS provided me lots of opportunities to better myself and move on to next level, lots of scope of learning, good friends, well wishers and best supervisors.

I had hard times when there was some crucial deliveries with very short deadlines. I had my team support always even at my adverse situations.

The most enjoyable part was constant learning. TCS never let me down in terms of learning.
Program QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Overall working in TATA Consultancy services is good.
QA lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto CanadaMay 2, 2015
Heavy Loads of work, No recognization to the employees who works with dedication. Performance bands and ratings are not not good.
Pros
Cons
alwasys expect to work long hours without extra pay
Learning path way
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
Being one of the top IT and Financial outsourcing company Tata Consultancy has tie up with many clients in different fields which allow employees to choose various levels and work it will give both work life balance and career enhancement to an individual.

At the same time, having multiple branches or locations is great advantage for employees if they choose to move to a different location.

Management is friendly and cooperative.
Fun Workplace with lot of support from peers
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  torontoJuly 26, 2015
Very good exposure to all-round IT projects including all phases of SDLC. Support from management.

Con
===
1. Feedback system which is still bell curve methodology.
TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting company...
Pros
free overtime
Cons
long hours, treat like slave by indian lead onsite with cheap and dirty politics.
Great firm to work with
Software Developer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  OTTAWAJanuary 22, 2015
I have been working with TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES from last 7 years, and my journey was good, comfortable. TCS is one of best Indian IT firm, and globally acclaimed.

It has provided me good exposer and career opportunities. I was lucky to work under good management team, where I have learnt lot about managing team and client relationship. I would recommend any one to join such association.
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
Pros
job security
Cons
absolutely no work life balance
a typical day at work is full of excitement and fun along with work
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  manchesterApril 19, 2015
The days usually begins with loads of work but with the passing time as the work load begins to cease the interactions begin with the colleagues and the excitement and fun also starts
Pros
job security
Cons
weekend shifts
A good organization to work for
IT Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 29, 2015
TCS Canada is a part of TCS Ltd, the leader of IT in India and a part of multi-billion dollars Tata group. It is a good organization to work for. Being a projectized company, i get a chance to work on different projects involving diverse technology fields . Every day gives new learning.
Good for Job security
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  BramptonAugust 8, 2015
Good to work with TCS.
You have a freedom to work with different technologies.
Secured Job unless you are under performer.
Satisfactory
Oracle ERP Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto , CanadaMay 24, 2015
TCS is a good company but a lot of things will remain in your only , management and support group will help but upto a limit and there is no surety of any work and life balance .