Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

A good experience with continuous learning opportunities
Administration & Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2015
A great group of people
HR Dept ensures all employees are welcomed
A little behind in the computer and communications available to employees to utilize
Benefits are good
My knowledge of Indian culture has expanded
Quality assurance in work
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
A strong company which improves employees communication, collaboration, wellness and performance.
A considerate, polite and people-focused place to work.
The company is supportive and dynamic
A great company to work for, offering a good work/life balance
Rewarding career and opportunities - Work culture could be better
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
A career with TCS could be extremely rewarding or extremely frustrating. Since it is such a huge company it is very subjective. It all depends on the combination of which client you work for and which team you are a part of. Overall its a great platform to build your career on.
productive and fun workplace
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
I really enjoy working with Tata Consultancy Services Limited. I always have a lot of opportunity to work on technologies of interest. Apart from this, I also got chance to improve on my management skills through the in-house training. The teams are really good and always excel in team works. It is a good place to call learning and doing your job with fun. The reason I am looking forward for different opportunity is to learn beyond and improve on my skills and to implement my learning and skill to be part of a newer growth.
Tcs
IT Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Very co-operative managers and management. Big brand with lots of upcoming project.Teams are very co-operative and sincere understanding of job responsibility. It keeps and ongoing focus on client satisfaction.
Learned a lot in Murex and other banking products
Murex Consultant, ScotiaBank (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Since last 2.6 years I am working for ScotiaBank on Murex implementation project. My knowledge gain is very much impressive and the experience which I have got while working is precious.
Amazing place to work
Training Executive & coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON18 April 2016
Good work culture and promotes employee self development. Exposes an individual to various facets of work due to its sheer scale.
Nice place to work
Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2014
TCS is a big brand name in IT. Nice and easy work culture, however, it may demand long hours especially during project delivery deadlines. Industry standard compensation
Pros
job security and onsite compensations
Cons
Bureaucratic culture
Review - TCS
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2016
Great place to start career and learn various technologies and methodologies. Provides for an interesting opportunity to have a global experience that is a boost to your resume.
Work Life Balance is well practiced and have the most support teammates ever
Major Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Philippines12 October 2015
Encouraging Work Place
Full Compliance with Information Security
Good work life balance as far as my experience
Good Work Culture good people to work with
I enjoyed working for TCS just unfortunate that I had to leave the company due to relocation.
Pros
Supportive Supervisor and Organize Team Members who respect and support one another
Cons
No Resource and Development Team in our location to process relocation request
Good Company to work for
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2016
Nice work environment.
Staff are friendly and helpful
The working hours are flexible
Good knowledge base of staff and experience level high
Overall a good place to work
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2016
- Nice team
- I learned automation testing, and worked on different roles
- Mostly I worked regular hours from 9 AM - 6 PM with some exception to work on late hours and weekend calls.
- Overall I enjoyed.
Learning path way
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2014
Being one of the top IT and Financial outsourcing company Tata Consultancy has tie up with many clients in different fields which allow employees to choose various levels and work it will give both work life balance and career enhancement to an individual.

At the same time, having multiple branches or locations is great advantage for employees if they choose to move to a different location.

Management is friendly and cooperative.
TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2014
The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting company...
Pros
Free Overtime
Cons
Long Hours, Treat like slave by Indian lead ONSITE with cheap and dirty politics.
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Canada4 May 2013
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Absolutely no work life balance
Provides ample opportunities to learn and grow.
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  ON10 October 2015
TCS is a good place to begin with and to gain versatile experience with clients all over the world.
A long association with this organization helped me gain rich and in-depth knowledge in various technologies and business domains.
Appraisal system is not on par with other top IT companies in the world.
Had a great time working with highly skilled teams across the globe.
Pros
Provides good learning platform
Cons
Work culture needs improvement
Great work environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2016
TCS has given me the opportunity to work as software developer, it gave me a unique perspective into a consultants life.
Productive and secured work place
Assitant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON24 November 2015
TCs is One of the very best and Top MNC in India.Work is always challenging and interesting each and every time of my assignments, I have been working in this company for the last 8 years , Initially I got the opportunity to work with this concern via vendor then I have been observed by TCS later on . I always pride to been a Tcser.
Productive and workspace
Designer & Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto13 May 2015
Good place to start the career with lots off challenges and exposure to new technologies. Co-workers will help during the initial period where you are stuck and will boost to handle any situation in limited time.
Pros
work culture
Cons
Management politics
Good company
IT analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham25 January 2016
Interactive work environment
Team building
Working with multiple teams
Effective debugging techniques
Working on multiple technologies
End to end lifecycle
Pros
job safety
Cons
Week end work

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Reviews by Location