Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
3,244 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee), Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: absolutely no work life balance
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
Easy going workplace, flexible hours, team culture
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: non competitive salaries
Great company to work for. Easy to approach managers. Flexible hours and a great team atmosphere.
Secured Job.
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: wide range of opportunities across world
Cons: long hours
Learned Managing skills, how to handle crisis movements and deal with variety of people offshore and onshore.
CO Consultant (Current Employee), BahrainJanuary 25, 2013
TCS Culture/ Values are Excellent. Regarding Work life balance it depends the on Management group who we are working with and the type of Project.
Client servicing along with meeting deadlines
Manager (Current Employee), Addison, TXNovember 25, 2012
Day starts with morning conference calls on different changes happening at different LOB's. Managing a team pretty much defines managing yourself first and the hardest as well as the most enjoyable part of the job is to surprise your own self by not being a manager but being a true Leader.
Good Place to work
Windows Server Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2012
Management is fine and work culture is excellent. Learned windows and vmware server administration.
Learning curve
Assistant Systems Engineer / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Siruseri/TN/IndiaOctober 9, 2012
My previous job was enjoyable with lot of learning experience.
Un choc culturel très enrichissant
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Luxembourg (Europe)January 9, 2013
Pros: expérience culturelle
Cons: manque d'organisation, stratégie incompréhensible
Accepter un poste chez Tata Consulting Services c'est faire le choix de l'exotisme professionnel !
Les différences de cultures deviennent rapidement évidentes et souvent difficiles à surmonter. Néanmoins, l'expérience se révèle enrichissante grâce au flegme typiquement indien de la grande majorité des employés.
Le stress est pratiquement inexistant, même en temps de crise, lorsqu'une bouffée d'adrénaline serait la bienvenue...
Rien ne semble perturber la contenance de mes anciens collègues, toujours prompts à répondre avec un grand sourire à la plus virulente des remontrances.
Perturbant !
Une très belle expérience dans l'ensemble, et de bons souvenirs, mais une structure opérationnelle et une stratégie commerciale aussi fluides et organisées qu'un boulevard de Dehli un jour de marché.
Une expérience globalement très satisfaisante, car malgré les difficultés, j'ai grandement apprécié travailler avec des collègues indiens dotés d'une authentique générosité.

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Photos