Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
2,213 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free overtime
Cons: long hours, treat like slave by indian lead onsite with cheap and dirty politics.
The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting – more... company... – less
Ok company with most support work
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), TravelFebruary 17, 2014
The projects are generally more support projects.

The work is ok but no very challenging.
pretty much good
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), bangalore indiaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good one
Cons: work pressure
its a good company and i made so many friends there..
the management was pretty good..
generous people also there...
good place for beginners..
vendor machines, coffee machine, tv
Analyst (Former Employee), MontevideoFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: vendro machine
Cons: leaders not prepared to handle staff
team leaders are often unaware of the processes which can not contribute to the daily work.
Good place for learning but not to make a career of professional growth opportunities are few
Excellent team work with brilliant professionals
A very secured place for job
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), London, UKFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours is the major cons
Providing Service to the client
Handling issues
Management looks forward to satisfy client
Coworkers are always supportive and friendly
Hardest part of the job would be often asked to work long hours and during weekends, without break.
Learning opportunities is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good
Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: connecting people
Cons: low wages
Most of the Days enjoyed while meeting customers at various locations.
Got an opportunity to meet Different People as part of Work.
Fresher
Oracle Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: first experience
Cons: long office hours
It was my first job. everything was new to me. i learnt all basic work ethics there. I worked for a UK client. they are the monopoly in telecom industry there.
I work with TCS for 2 years as IT consultant
IT Consultant (Former Employee), OmanJanuary 13, 2014
I joined TCS for the work at Ministry of Commerce and Industry for BPR and Oman EGevement project implementation
Loving Work Place
Sr. Executive- Ops (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 10, 2014
Started career as a beginner in Payroll and learned quality,implementation and management.
Good part of the job is friendly environment towards co-workers and management.
Working in night shifts is the hardest thing in the job.
Productive place to work and learn
I.T Analyst (Current Employee), Chennai,IndiaJanuary 7, 2014
Productive place to work and learn.Good environment to work and good work culture
Excellent work life balance,Opportunities to learn,Fun and Social welfare opportunities at work
Module Lead, Production Support Analyst (Current Employee), Kolkata,IndiaJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good employee friendly health insurance coverages, worklife balance.
Cons: huge number of associates so a bit hard to achieve career aspirations at times
Great worklife balance, Equal minded energetic youth workforce.
Productive work environment along with fun
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IndiaDecember 31, 2013
Got a very good exposure in my technology Lotus Domino to learn at a very good extent. Also got opportunities to learn new technologies. Good company to work with.
Productive, Innovative, Professional growth
Test Lead (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 29, 2013
Pros: job security, satisfaction
Cons: pay
First job in my professional career, I had great time working at TCS and laid a strong career path for myself being competitive, innovative, productive, proactive.
Businees intellignece tool developer
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee), Siruseri, Chennai,Tamil Nadu, INDIADecember 12, 2013
Worked on reverse engineering of a business tools based on client requirement, worked on case studies on requirements prepare design documents.
Learnt a lot from my team leader and project manager about time management and leadership skills.
Hardest part of the job was when i was assigned a team of 3 members and was asked to manage them when they were – more... grooming us for the higher post
Most enjoyable part was working as a team and developing our own tool from scratch and having fun with co - workers. – less
Working environment is great.
System Enginner (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good working environment
Cons: salary benefits
I learned many thing from the company.All the associates are really helpful.I learn how to work in team there.
Excellent company
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 7, 2013
Excellent company with all the benefits and facilities. World class infrastructure.
Friendly and Challenging
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai,IndiaDecember 6, 2013
had been a part of TCS made me feel happy .The management is so flexible enough to maintain my work life balance.The most enjoyable part is that getting appreciation for the work done made us to forget all the difficulties we faced during the phases of work.
Human Resources
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaNovember 16, 2013
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: heavy work load
My typical day was very busy dealing with hundreds of people. The management was very transparent and ethical and all the employees were encouraged to explore different opportunities.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to work for 16 hour long days.
Poor India based management.
Canadain Director GCP ITAC (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioOctober 20, 2013
Pros: new canadian hr
Cons: us hr, india management, former canadian hr
Overall rating: 1 stars out of 5. Would be zero, but new Canadian HR management is improving situation.

Salary/benefits: 1 star out of 5. Reclaimed all employees two week salary, which they didn't repay. Salary range was okay but not great.

Management: 0 stars out of 5. India management very bad, treat employees like slaves. Former manager died of – more... heart attack because of over work. Never met manager face to face, in my 2 year tenure. As he was always in an airport.

Culture/Values: 4 stars out of 5.

Job Security/Advancement: 2 stars out of 5. Former HR Canadian training consisted of three new employees standing around an HR rep, answering questions for 15 minutes. US training was more extensive. New HR is improving situation. Poor rating is based on US HR and old Canadian HR.

Work/Life Balance: Poor (0 star out of 5). Engagement expectation was that you lived on the job. All your time was their time.

Canadian co-workers were friendly. Newer Canadian HR was helpful. US HR was a disaster. – less
One of the best place to work in India
Business Associate (Former Employee), Baroda, IndiaOctober 3, 2013
Good place to work in India with very much competitive salary and also friendly management.

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Photos