Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

4.4K reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Company to work for
ITA (Former Employee), Bangalore, CanadaMay 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: absolutely no work life balance
I joined this company in 2006 as a fresher. It was my dream company then and was really happy to be a part of TCS. As years passed by, I noticed that, the company has no ethics or work culture. Most of the managers are pathetic. Have no managerial skills. They just cannot stand the sight of an associate going home after 8 or 9 hours of work. If an associate goes home early, then that would be reason for poor rating. I came to Canada last year. Had a very bad experience with managers asking us to work in the evenings and night and all weekends. They over commit to clients and make us work like donkeys. ‘Overtime pay’ is a big No No for this company. You work 8 hours or 20 hours, you will be paid the same. I decided to quit the job due to the intolerable working conditions. There they come up with a rule. If you want to quit job at onsite, you have to serve 3 months notice. After serving 3 months, I got out of that hell and I feel so relieved now. They cheat a lot with settlements as well. Don’t pay for your Onsite Vacation Leaves. If asked, they give some stupid answers. My suggestions to all those looking for a job change is ’Think twice before joining this company. Don’t make your life hell’.
TCS is a good place to learn and enjoy the work always with good team members
Software Tester, Test Coordinator and Test Lead (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 21, 2014
TCS was my dream company when I was studying in BE Computer Engineering. I have learned lots of good things in TCS. It is a good place for all.

I learned Testing concept, Team member role, how to handle pressure in tough situation, good professional environment, helpful co-workers and lots of other things.

I played cricket for TCS as a captain in BEDCL Canada league in 2014 and we enjoyed it.

It was my most enjoyable time of TCS.
Work Life Balance is well practiced and have the most support teammates ever
Major Incident Manager (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Supportive Supervisor and Organize Team Members who respect and support one another
Cons: No Resource and Development Team in our location to process relocation request
Encouraging Work Place
Full Compliance with Information Security
Good work life balance as far as my experience
Good Work Culture good people to work with
I enjoyed working for TCS just unfortunate that I had to leave the company due to relocation.
TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free overtime
Cons: long hours, treat like slave by indian lead onsite with cheap and dirty politics.
The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting company...
Provides ample opportunities to learn and grow.
Solution Architect (Current Employee), ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Provides good learning platform
Cons: Work culture needs improvement
TCS is a good place to begin with and to gain versatile experience with clients all over the world.
A long association with this organization helped me gain rich and in-depth knowledge in various technologies and business domains.
Appraisal system is not on par with other top IT companies in the world.
Had a great time working with highly skilled teams across the globe.
Unpredictable
Helpdesk Engineer (Current Employee), MontrealApril 24, 2015
Pros: Jobs requires working a lot of different roles
Cons: Jobs requires working a lot of different roles
Typical day

Hardest Part of the Job
- No HR Presence or Support
- Disorganization
- No filter between Client and agents

The most enjoyable part of the Job
- The people you work with.
A very secured place for job
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee), London, UKFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours is the major cons
Providing Service to the client
Handling issues
Management looks forward to satisfy client
Coworkers are always supportive and friendly
Hardest part of the job would be often asked to work long hours and during weekends, without break.
Learning opportunities is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and secured work place
Assitant Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto,ONNovember 24, 2015
TCs is One of the very best and Top MNC in India.Work is always challenging and interesting each and every time of my assignments, I have been working in this company for the last 8 years , Initially I got the opportunity to work with this concern via vendor then I have been observed by TCS later on . I always pride to been a Tcser.
Client servicing along with meeting deadlines
Manager (Current Employee), Addison, TXNovember 25, 2012
Day starts with morning conference calls on different changes happening at different LOB's. Managing a team pretty much defines managing yourself first and the hardest as well as the most enjoyable part of the job is to surprise your own self by not being a manager but being a true Leader.
Opportunities
Oracle Spatial DBA and Oracle Integration Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Training Opportunities
Cons: Work-Life balance, Human Resource Department is rude. Employer Friendly policies and not employee friendly.
Young professionals will get gain good experience as there are enormous opportunities. It will be a very good learning curver.

Poor HR Policies.
Great Team - Enjoyed every moment
Contractor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Achievements
Cons: Work pressure. Overtime
Starts with Team meeting and ends with daily report (project wise)

Work ethics, Handle pressure situation and Meet requirement

Organized

Helpful and cooperative

Time Management and Resource Management

Completion of project in time and to see in live
A good organization to work for
IT Project Lead (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 29, 2015
TCS Canada is a part of TCS Ltd, the leader of IT in India and a part of multi-billion dollars Tata group. It is a good organization to work for. Being a projectized company, i get a chance to work on different projects involving diverse technology fields . Every day gives new learning.
Great Organisation, poor management
Sr. Technical Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Organisation is very good with so many employee friendly policies & great values!

But lower level management is reluctant to pass on benefits of policies at root level. They probably believe that, they can rip fruits (benefits) without nurturing it's roots!!
Job Secured Company, filled with oppotunities
AS/400 Tower Lead (Current Employee), Enterprise, NBFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: job is secured, loads of onsite work, management trust.
Cons: no free lunch, no free travel, too much of travelling, night shifts.
I have learned loads of things in TCS.

Communication Skills verbal or mail.
Management Skill.
Client relationship.
Technical growth.
I was proud to start the Develpoment Centre
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga/Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
I was the first employee to start this organization in Mississauga with my Manager.

I had to work with our financial clients, and meet their daily requirements in getting them the right resources with our overseas deputation.
Productive work place.
Module Lead - Onshore Co-ordinator (Current Employee), TorontoApril 10, 2015
I have had a good learning path in my career as an IT Professional. I have performed a variety of roles including Development, Testing and Production Support. I have also had an opportunity to take up the role of a faculty to train new joiners in Technology.
Bad management, no room to grow
Software Developer (Current Employee), BramptonJune 17, 2015
I have been on a client site for almost 3 months and still do not have a log in or a job to do. Others I know have already completed projects they were placed in and I have yet to begin any actual work.

Avoid at all costs unless you have absolutely no choice.
Best Employeer
Assistance Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Sun Certified Java Programmer
Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Sun Certified Business Component Developer
Oracle WebCenter Portal 11g Certified Implementation Specialist
Oracle WebCenter Content 11g Certified Implementation Specialist
a typical day at work is full of excitement and fun along with work
IT Analyst (Current Employee), manchesterApril 19, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: weekend shifts
The days usually begins with loads of work but with the passing time as the work load begins to cease the interactions begin with the colleagues and the excitement and fun also starts
Productive and workspace
Designer & Lead (Current Employee), TorontoMay 13, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: Management politics
Good place to start the career with lots off challenges and exposure to new technologies. Co-workers will help during the initial period where you are stuck and will boost to handle any situation in limited time.