Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

AN inclusive environment with Challenges
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, UK18 September 2017
My day at work will be managing and handling stakeholders and opportunity to learn various other process to enhance my knowledge.
Have been involved in challenging projects which has helped me in shaping up my skill as a much sought for Business Analyst.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the stakeholder management which turns out to be the most challenging as well.

Provides a professional workplace culture that enables us to pursue our personal and professional achievements.
Stay Away
Head of Learning and Development for Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Horrible workplace culture with a strong hierarchy in place. This may be a large IT company, but they need to learn respect for their employees. The lack of not only respect but dignity at times in the way most the senior team treats everyone below them, was awful. One of the worst offenders was the director of HR. That should say it all.
k to work
Program Management Officer Lead (Former Employee) –  Indian Bay Bb, NL11 September 2017
this is indeed the same. as earlier

TCS is good for techies and not for finance guys as they do not get into core finance expect if you are in corporate
Pros
ok
Cons
noting great, no proper work life balance
Good
End to End Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
Good but no easy to climb up the ladder. Need a lot of connection and need to know the right people to get help at the right time. Too much process oriented, talent sometimes goes unnoticed.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Good and secured. Place where we can gain experience if we are interested to put extra effort.

Long hours n weekend depending on the project.

abcdef
It is a stagnant pool .
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Delhi13 August 2017
Work culture is very poor. And management isn't at all good.Better to go for some other company.The best part about the company is you get a lot of free time and can prepare for some other exam.
A first class organization that invests in training
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 August 2017
If you have just graduated from college, TCS is the place to be. It teaches you life and job skills.
If you have tons of experience, you may be better off with a better paymaster.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary, Management
TCS is present in 40+ countries with good opportunities to explore
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Good opportunities if you have the right skill set

Think ahead based on market prediction

Lot of opportunities to learn and self development

Good package in industry
fun place to work
Assistant System Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Bengal31 July 2017
Great place to work .Good environment to work with.
Good team working experience.A place to learn something and make a career. Good medical facilities provided.
I loved the management
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
The management around me was excellent. I worked with the clients where i learned a lot about technologies. the team work was fantastic. been a excellent team player.
Benifits
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
The benefits are not as per the industry standards.
The work environment greatly depended on the Project we are in. The talent pool is very good. We get to work with talented people.
Pros
Good knowledge repository
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Automation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
You would get an opportunity to work with wide range of technology and domains. Job security is good and you are given the opportunity to work in different geography.
Decent place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
TCS is a decent enough place to work for. One of the drawbacks though is your career path. There is no defined career path/growth as an individual, if you are on a billable role as a full time employee of TCS working at a client location.
Worth working here
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Siruseri,chennai16 June 2017
I would recommend anyone to work at tcs, You would be having a good atmosphere to work. Facilities are good. Work life balance is good. I enjoyed working most of the time in TCS
Awful place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
This company is full of false promises. They will hire you as a "developer" and put you in whatever role they need filled at that moment. And usually these roles have zero development involved so you are completely wasting your time as far as experience goes.
They will continually promise to move you to a dev position as soon as it becomes available (but it never will). They will refuse to release you from your current project if you are unsatisfied with your role or work environment. Basically you are stuck doing whatever useless role they want you to do indefinitely. The only escape is quitting.
I wasted a year of my life working for this company and have nothing to show for it. Find a company that cares about what their employees want, not just their clients
Pros
initial training process for recent graduates
Cons
lies, deceits, only care about clients needs not employees
A work place which give me perfect work and personal life balance
Team Lead, Test Coordinator and Automation tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
I need to grow in my work and want to achieve my professional goal. What i am doing is ok but its been while i am doing this job and for me its time to move on.
Management is bad and they lie to you
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
They will hire you as a Software Developer and then put you in testing. No matter how much you ask them they won't give you development afterwards.

DON'T apply here as a New Grad. They just know how to waste your talent.
Nice company to work
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Royal Leamington Spa28 May 2017
you can utilize your skills as much as you want and lot of opportunities. It's always easy to learn new technologies and move to new ones.

If you can prove yourself, sooner or later your efforts will be recognized. Salary will be a question for everyone since everyone is after job security instead of salary.
Good by foreign standards
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
If you get lucky and get contracted out to a great position its great, cause you dont have to deal much with TCS.

The company is more focused on their client experience than their employee experience, so I guess thats good if your a client.
Nice place to work and learn. Work Culture is good
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
Nice place to work and learn. Work Culture is good. HR engagement activities are the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is good. Learned a lot of key values.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.