Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

Overall a great organisation to work with.
Head Of Business Development, UK & Europe (Current Employee) –  Greater London14 October 2017
TCS is a wonderful organisation to work with. The company provides ample opportunity to anyone who is willing to be a self starter and willing to go beyond ones job remit.
Pros
Global work experience
Cons
Below average work life balance
I have six years of experience in Business Development.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
I have six years of experience in Business Development, have a good experience in coordinating internal teams, performing marketing research, reporting to senior management, identifying new business opportunities, and maintaining client relationships
Good place to start as a fresher.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra10 October 2017
I had a good work experience at TCS as I got to learn how everything works in a corporate world. Being my first job I got to develop my skills in various aspects.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
Secure Place
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 October 2017
As such company has many projects and assocaites can move between multiple prpjects
Meet different people from diffrenet cultures
Learn a lot with IT aspiring motivated people
No work life balance
IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Not a great place to work for. Expectation to work without overtime pay. No work life balance. You will get a call at anytime of the day including vacation and you are expected to work.
AN inclusive environment with Challenges
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, UK18 September 2017
My day at work will be managing and handling stakeholders and opportunity to learn various other process to enhance my knowledge.
Have been involved in challenging projects which has helped me in shaping up my skill as a much sought for Business Analyst.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the stakeholder management which turns out to be the most challenging as well.

Provides a professional workplace culture that enables us to pursue our personal and professional achievements.
Stay Away
Head of Learning and Development for Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Horrible workplace culture with a strong hierarchy in place. This may be a large IT company, but they need to learn respect for their employees. The lack of not only respect but dignity at times in the way most the senior team treats everyone below them, was awful. One of the worst offenders was the director of HR. That should say it all.
k to work
Program Management Officer Lead (Former Employee) –  Indian Bay Bb, NL11 September 2017
this is indeed the same. as earlier

TCS is good for techies and not for finance guys as they do not get into core finance expect if you are in corporate
Pros
ok
Cons
noting great, no proper work life balance
Good
End to End Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
Good but no easy to climb up the ladder. Need a lot of connection and need to know the right people to get help at the right time. Too much process oriented, talent sometimes goes unnoticed.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Good and secured. Place where we can gain experience if we are interested to put extra effort.

Long hours n weekend depending on the project.

abcdef
It is a stagnant pool .
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Delhi13 August 2017
Work culture is very poor. And management isn't at all good.Better to go for some other company.The best part about the company is you get a lot of free time and can prepare for some other exam.
A first class organization that invests in training
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 August 2017
If you have just graduated from college, TCS is the place to be. It teaches you life and job skills.
If you have tons of experience, you may be better off with a better paymaster.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary, Management
TCS is present in 40+ countries with good opportunities to explore
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Good opportunities if you have the right skill set

Think ahead based on market prediction

Lot of opportunities to learn and self development

Good package in industry
fun place to work
Assistant System Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Bengal31 July 2017
Great place to work .Good environment to work with.
Good team working experience.A place to learn something and make a career. Good medical facilities provided.
I loved the management
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
The management around me was excellent. I worked with the clients where i learned a lot about technologies. the team work was fantastic. been a excellent team player.
Benifits
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
The benefits are not as per the industry standards.
The work environment greatly depended on the Project we are in. The talent pool is very good. We get to work with talented people.
Pros
Good knowledge repository
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Automation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
You would get an opportunity to work with wide range of technology and domains. Job security is good and you are given the opportunity to work in different geography.
Decent place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
TCS is a decent enough place to work for. One of the drawbacks though is your career path. There is no defined career path/growth as an individual, if you are on a billable role as a full time employee of TCS working at a client location.
Worth working here
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Siruseri,chennai16 June 2017
I would recommend anyone to work at tcs, You would be having a good atmosphere to work. Facilities are good. Work life balance is good. I enjoyed working most of the time in TCS
Awful place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
This company is full of false promises. They will hire you as a "developer" and put you in whatever role they need filled at that moment. And usually these roles have zero development involved so you are completely wasting your time as far as experience goes.
They will continually promise to move you to a dev position as soon as it becomes available (but it never will). They will refuse to release you from your current project if you are unsatisfied with your role or work environment. Basically you are stuck doing whatever useless role they want you to do indefinitely. The only escape is quitting.
I wasted a year of my life working for this company and have nothing to show for it. Find a company that cares about what their employees want, not just their clients
Pros
initial training process for recent graduates
Cons
lies, deceits, only care about clients needs not employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.