Focused on Western Canada, LML Industrial Contractors Ltd. Is a full-service provider of contract maintenance and operations, turnarounds and sustaining capital projects for companies in the energy industry (heavy oil upgraders, coal fired power plants, oil refineries, gas processing plants), as well as non-energy sectors (petrochemical, mining, fertilizer/potash, and pulp and paper).
LML Industrial Contractors Ltd. is actively accepting resumes for the position of Planner/Scheduler in the Regina area.
Summary of Role
Perform routine maintenance planning as required for multi-craft work requests. This includes providing detailed planned job packages along with short and long term schedules for an assortment of LML contract trades people. Must be able to communicate, negotiate and work effectively with personnel from many different departments as well as numerous service vendors required to maintain LML assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to LML Industrial Contractors Ltd. Safety policies, procedures and values
- Assuming responsibility for preparation, quality and accuracy of maintenance project schedules
- Manage project schedules, analyze schedule variations and evaluate trends
- Coordinates with procurement and material managers as well as engineering work group leads pertaining to essential items of supply * Ensures all required material, labour, and contract services are available to complete scheduled work.
- Provides priorities for projects to guarantee completion
- Contributes to forecasts and disbursements by performing schedule analysis
- Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks. Uses judgement to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices
- May direct resources, prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of project controls to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team player and committed to safety and quality
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to make comprehensive decisions
- Manual dexterity, good vision (glasses are acceptable), eye-hand coordination
- The ability to concentrate on detailed work
- The ability to perform lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds, towers, and GLG’s
- Experience in a heavy oil operating environment
- Motivation to work in a fast paced, deadline team orientated environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or business would be an asset
- Hands on field experience would be essential
- 4 years minimum related experience in the EPC industry performing planning/scheduling activities for projects related to, refineries or petrochemical plants, bulk material handling, and power plants
- Experience in Microsoft office, Project, Primavera and SAP
- Demonstrated experience performing progress measurement
- Excellent organizational, technical writing and verbal communication skills are essential
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. This organization has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Compensation will commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to respond to this ad with an up-to-date resume with references or fax to 708-401-3526. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Tartan Industrial Contractors Ltd. is a successful, established company that provides quality, cost-effective and reliable services for...