Tartan Industrial Contractors Ltd. is a successful, established company that provides quality, cost-effective and reliable services for plant maintenance, turnaround and capital construction projects for customers located throughout Western Canada. We are focused on the Energy Industry (heavy oil upgraders, coal fired power plants, oil refineries, gas processing plants), as well as non-energy sectors (petrochemical, mining, fertilizer/potash, pulp and paper).
Job Summary: The Journeyman Pipefitter will be responsible for maintaining and repairing piping systems as well as reading and interpreting client/company drawings and specifications.
Tartan Industrial Contractors Ltd. is currently accepting resumes for JM Pipefitters. Camp is provided but you must provide transportation from your home base to site with a travel allowance.
Location: Cenovus, Foster Creek
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to Tartan Industrial Contractors safety policies, procedures and values.
- Maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes.
- Maintain and repair pressurized piping systems.
- Hydro test and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required.
- Maintains all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Is trained and competent on the use of all equipment required to carry out this trade.
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Inter-provincial (Red Seal) Journeyman Pipefitter Ticket (this is a requirement) or a registered JM Pipefitter of Alberta.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid H2S alive.
- CSTS is a must
- First Aid
- Experience in heavy oil operating environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. This organization has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to fax or email an up-to-date resume with references to 780-401-3526. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.