Tarpon Energy

Tarpon Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great training opportunities.
Forklift Driver/ Shipper / Labourer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2014
Typical day would consist of moving steal out of the shop once it has been completed. Stage it outside for loading. Load trucks with orders. Use the over head crane to move material in and out of the shop and paint shop.
A great place to work.
Measurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 16, 2014
This was a great place to work, but I was only there for a little over 6 months on contract to Talisman Energy. If I were to have remained in Alberta, I would have wanted to continue working for this company.
Strong work environment with focus on safety
General Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2013
Pros: produces strong work ethics
Cons: physical work with large heavy objects.
Early morning stretch leading to a good day at work. All employees are off in time to get home to their families and extra curricular activities.
Productive and a good place to work with.
Wiring Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: i learn a lot on the controls used in the oil and gas industry.
Cons: the only thing that is not really good is, there is no advancement in engineering career.
Tarpon Energy is a good place to work with. Everyday I learn more on the jobs I do and getting more productive. I enjoy working with my co-workers for they share good inputs on my everyday work. There is no hard part on the job for we help one another to make all things easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, we work as a team, as friends and family.
Not a place for professional women!
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: unprofessional
An extremely unprofessional work environment. There is no leadership, management doesn't seem to have a clue. What core values?? Policies and procedures are only enforced when convenient. There are no strategic plans for the future if the company.
Tarpon is ok but not the best
Steel Detailer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2013
The benefits are good
If you have ideas to make the company productive this is not the place for you
The manager is nice and flexible but you end up working with people in the office that thinks they own the company
Great company with great people to work with
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Hinton AbSeptember 11, 2012
Great work experience they are very helpful with teaching apprentices and have great people to work with, Job security was also very good never had to worry about being laid off or loosing your job.
if you can just go to work do your job and leave without thinking about it Tarpon is for you!
FITTER/WELDER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad organization no communication
The work at tarpon is easy and laid back it's all structural and plate work so there is nothing too complicated, and the money is excellent. I enjoyed working at tarpon still i started taking the issues and problems home. Mannagement is upside down there they all work against eachother instead of with eachother. Tarpon is verry baddly organized and – more... in 6 months I went through more than 8 supervisors if they didnt pay as much as they do i would have quit in my first week there – less
a good company to work for with a solid shop
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKAugust 7, 2012
work was consistent, management was easy to get along with, there a large and diverse group of people working there, allowing for flexibility within the work place, however it also seemed to contribute to isolated groups of people who wouldnt interact so much with the others. all in all, i enjoyed my time there and would return should the opportunity – more... arise – less
good place to learn
lead electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2012
I started there as 3th year apprentice,
I had a chance to upgrade my self to lead position,
Its a excellent place to learn and experience.