Tarpon Energy

Tarpon Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Low paying but lots of work
Electrician (Current Employee), NiskuAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: organizing is poor. wages are really low for industrial company.
There wages are low. With the high level jobs they got. There organizing isn't the best at all.
Do not Provide training for new staff..want you to know everything at once..
Estimator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Do not Provide training for new staff..want you to know everything at once.. No job security
ok place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), calgayJune 20, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: no window in my office
- typical day is doing accounting
- learned Lawson, Ceridian
- management is ok
- colleagues are ok
- flexible work day
Great training opportunities.
Forklift Driver/ Shipper / Labourer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2014
Typical day would consist of moving steal out of the shop once it has been completed. Stage it outside for loading. Load trucks with orders. Use the over head crane to move material in and out of the shop and paint shop.
A great place to work.
Measurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 16, 2014
This was a great place to work, but I was only there for a little over 6 months on contract to Talisman Energy. If I were to have remained in Alberta, I would have wanted to continue working for this company.
Strong work environment with focus on safety
General Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2013
Pros: produces strong work ethics
Cons: physical work with large heavy objects.
Early morning stretch leading to a good day at work. All employees are off in time to get home to their families and extra curricular activities.
Productive and a good place to work with.
Wiring Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: i learn a lot on the controls used in the oil and gas industry.
Cons: the only thing that is not really good is, there is no advancement in engineering career.
Tarpon Energy is a good place to work with. Everyday I learn more on the jobs I do and getting more productive. I enjoy working with my co-workers for they share good inputs on my everyday work. There is no hard part on the job for we help one another to make all things easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, we work as a team, as friends and family.
Not a place for professional women!
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: unprofessional
An extremely unprofessional work environment. There is no leadership, management doesn't seem to have a clue. What core values?? Policies and procedures are only enforced when convenient. There are no strategic plans for the future if the company.
Tarpon is ok but not the best
Steel Detailer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2013
The benefits are good
If you have ideas to make the company productive this is not the place for you
The manager is nice and flexible but you end up working with people in the office that thinks they own the company
Great company with great people to work with
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Hinton AbSeptember 11, 2012
Great work experience they are very helpful with teaching apprentices and have great people to work with, Job security was also very good never had to worry about being laid off or loosing your job.
if you can just go to work do your job and leave without thinking about it Tarpon is for you!
FITTER/WELDER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad organization no communication
The work at tarpon is easy and laid back it's all structural and plate work so there is nothing too complicated, and the money is excellent. I enjoyed working at tarpon still i started taking the issues and problems home. Mannagement is upside down there they all work against eachother instead of with eachother. Tarpon is verry baddly organized and – more... in 6 months I went through more than 8 supervisors if they didnt pay as much as they do i would have quit in my first week there – less
a good company to work for with a solid shop
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKAugust 7, 2012
work was consistent, management was easy to get along with, there a large and diverse group of people working there, allowing for flexibility within the work place, however it also seemed to contribute to isolated groups of people who wouldnt interact so much with the others. all in all, i enjoyed my time there and would return should the opportunity – more... arise – less
good place to learn
lead electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2012
I started there as 3th year apprentice,
I had a chance to upgrade my self to lead position,
Its a excellent place to learn and experience.
Terribly unorganized
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 27, 2014
They did not train me well and then let me go because I wasn't learning fast enough. If you only show a person to do one thing at a time a day, it obviously will take more than a week to learn properly. I had to many errors yet 3 people reviewed my work before it went any further yet no one said anything. I would do what they told me to then it would – more... make it past local management then com back after invoicing as wrong and my "trainer" would say you missed this step but it was something I hadn't even been shown to do yet then they decide to let me go the day after I was completing tasks correctly. Their turnover rate will continue to be high until they have someone who can actually train someone instead of handing them a stack of papers to figure out on their own. I was there 2 weeks, one week spent talking about where the company comes from and plans to go then a week of being told to process one thing at a time each day instead of showing me step by step what to do all at once. – less
Oil and Gas
Employee (Former Employee), Branch, COSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: people are trying to make it better
Cons: to much turnover
No communications between departments, lack of procedures and information on how to do the day to day business. Unorganized!