Tarpon Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work, management and workers were all one team.
Measurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 23, 2016
It was a great place to work. I was only there on a contract basis for about 6 months, but enjoyed the time I was there. I was working on a project for Talisman Energy, so I didn't have too much to do on a daily basis with Management, a lot of the time I was able to work from home. In saying that, Tarpon gave me everything necessary to get the job done and co-workers were great.
Pros
Company truck and laptop computer.
Cons
Not there long enough.
good company, learnt lots, good people
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
good work, learnt a lot, management is good, good people to work with, good times, lots of challenges, tight deadlines, good mod yard
Productive and good place to work
High Voltage Specialist (Current Employee) –  ReginaApril 22, 2016
I have learned management and financial skills.Also, my co-workers are user-friendly and very kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is technical challenges, troubleshooting, and recommendations.
Excellent work environment
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 30, 2016
this companie was one of the best companies ive ever worked for, run by excellent bosses, and excellent crew. learned a lot and furthered my career more and more daily
Safe work place
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
Tarpon Energy Services allows workers to follow safe work practices, and wants workers to get home safely each and every day. Other workers around job sites have great attitudes, which gives myself motivation to do my job.
Great company
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Amazing company with commitment and focus on Employee engagement and advancement. Great crew and right people in leadership roles.
Pros
excellent travel compensation
Cons
not enough work available for existing employees
Absolutly no direction from anywhere
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Horrible company. No Leadership or direction from supervisors they just threaten to fire all works everyday no matter the situation. They told us at orientation that they supply drills and power tools but they are all garbage and non functioning which leads to slow production and more threats of being fired to the workers. No health benefits for working for them also production was 100 times more important then safety, workers where forced to crawl through aluminum cable tray that was at least 9 m up without being tide off or harnessed in very bad safety cutler!!
Pros
my paychecks came in on time
Cons
everything
Comfortable work environment
construction supervisor (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Typical day is arrive at shop, receive work orders or construction plans. Load material head out to location. Complete work and return to shop. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no hours right now
work
electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
pretty good place place to work, management could be shaky and disorganized at times. didn't part ways on very good terms
Poorly organized, poorly operated.
industrial electrician (Former Employee) –  8020 71 st SE CalgaryDecember 26, 2015
A general lack of knowledge on the part of office officials combined with a slack safety committee have forced my resignation with little to no opportunity for advancement. A truly disappointing work experience.
Pros
....in town, I guess.
Cons
Everything that is not a pro.
Probably the worst electrical company in North America
Electrician (Current Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 16, 2015
I have worked for several electrical companies in several provinces in Canada and Tarpon are without a doubt the worst.
Management are completely incompetent. For example, regular lack of materials on the job even though the job site was in Calgary, lead hands with zero experience of managing people or job sites, career apprentices being allowed to run the show and do as little as they want, daily threats to be fired for: staying an extra minute or two at coffee break, making a mistake at work, taking out phone for a second on job site (site superintendent dared people to take out their phone while they were working so he could fire them).
I've never been on a job where morale was so low or where workers were treated so poorly. Not surprisingly many of their better guys quit Tarpon for better companies.
Also, a complete lack of any safety culture on site despite what they may claim. Their relatively clean safety record is more due to luck than anything else.
Pros
Girls in the office are good at their jobs and friendly.
Cons
Incompetent/inept supervision, very low morale, poor safety culture and more!
Good work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
Enjoy working with a nice team, good conditions and fun.I regret the layoff due the economical situation.
One of the 50 best managed company in Canada, safety first:work safe and get home safe at the end of the day is our priority.
gong show
electrician (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 7, 2015
poorly organized , lack of training and leadership or direction. avoid at any costs. 12 hr days don't ask questions or screw up
Pros
temp
Cons
everything
Worked as a basic Industrial electrician
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
Good people to work with and good management. good work trucks, and willing to accommodate for you. Hardest part was getting a hold of anybody in the office, a little unorganized.
Good crew
Electrical apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 17, 2015
I worked for Tarpon Energy for 3 years good company and good people. Now that I am A 3rd year I would like to work somewhere else to gain new knowledge and work experience.
productive
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaMarch 9, 2015
documentation, use of word and excel great team to work with, lots of learning and challenges which makes it worth while! always up for a challenge!
Pros
great breakfsat!
Cons
paying for breakfast
great place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 7, 2015
organized and professional. management is great and awesome safety culture. great pay and benefits. working here is great
bad employer overall
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJanuary 31, 2015
Extreme favoritism with the managers buddies, does not follow any employment laws, expects many free hours and threatens firing if you question it. Saw them fire some people for getting injured. Women NOT welcome. Good ol boys club with poor management and culture. No interest in training apprentices for advancement, only on how much they can bill out to clients. Journeymen avoid any training of new employees. Very poor communication with employees. Very poor safety culture. Heavy drug and alcohol use-including on client sites.
Pros
former employer
Cons
everything
poorly organized management staff
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ab.January 26, 2015
Management poorly organized on daily basis. Waited much too long to do my job efficiently and racial comments toward workers by management. All work well behind schedule. Internal strife between different levels of management.
Pros
not bad renumeration and safety program.
Cons
avoid working here.
probably one of the worst out there
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 18, 2014
They take being disorganised to a whole new level; from the hiring team through to field supervisors.
Lots of cliques in the work place. Guys being "taken care of" by supervisor buddies despite the fact they obviously don't know their job (q/a inspector that didn't know how to use basic test euipment).
Safety is a joke.
Avoid them at all costs!
Cons
low pay, low quality work, poor safety, disorganised, bad outfit to work for