Tarpon Energy

Tarpon Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good crew
Electrical apprentice (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJune 17, 2015
I worked for Tarpon Energy for 3 years good company and good people. Now that I am A 3rd year I would like to work somewhere else to gain new knowledge and work experience.
productive
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great breakfsat!
Cons: paying for breakfast
documentation, use of word and excel great team to work with, lots of learning and challenges which makes it worth while! always up for a challenge!
great place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 7, 2015
organized and professional. management is great and awesome safety culture. great pay and benefits. working here is great
bad employer overall
Apprentice (Former Employee), AlbertaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: former employer
Cons: everything
Extreme favoritism with the managers buddies, does not follow any employment laws, expects many free hours and threatens firing if you question it. Saw them fire some people for getting injured. Women NOT welcome. Good ol boys club with poor management and culture. No interest in training apprentices for advancement, only on how much they can bill out to clients. Journeymen avoid any training of new employees. Very poor communication with employees. Very poor safety culture. Heavy drug and alcohol use-including on client sites.
poorly organized management staff
Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ab.January 26, 2015
Pros: not bad renumeration and safety program.
Cons: avoid working here.
Management poorly organized on daily basis. Waited much too long to do my job efficiently and racial comments toward workers by management. All work well behind schedule. Internal strife between different levels of management.
probably one of the worst out there
Journeyman (Former Employee), AlbertaOctober 18, 2014
Cons: low pay, low quality work, poor safety, disorganised, bad outfit to work for
They take being disorganised to a whole new level; from the hiring team through to field supervisors.
Lots of cliques in the work place. Guys being "taken care of" by supervisor buddies despite the fact they obviously don't know their job (q/a inspector that didn't know how to use basic test euipment).
Safety is a joke.
Avoid them at all costs!
Low paying but lots of work
Electrician (Current Employee), NiskuAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: organizing is poor. wages are really low for industrial company.
There wages are low. With the high level jobs they got. There organizing isn't the best at all.
Do not Provide training for new staff..want you to know everything at once..
Estimator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Do not Provide training for new staff..want you to know everything at once.. No job security
ok place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), calgayJune 20, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: no window in my office
- typical day is doing accounting
- learned Lawson, Ceridian
- management is ok
- colleagues are ok
- flexible work day
Great training opportunities.
Forklift Driver/ Shipper / Labourer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2014
Typical day would consist of moving steal out of the shop once it has been completed. Stage it outside for loading. Load trucks with orders. Use the over head crane to move material in and out of the shop and paint shop.
A great place to work.
Measurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 16, 2014
This was a great place to work, but I was only there for a little over 6 months on contract to Talisman Energy. If I were to have remained in Alberta, I would have wanted to continue working for this company.
Strong work environment with focus on safety
General Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2013
Pros: produces strong work ethics
Cons: physical work with large heavy objects.
Early morning stretch leading to a good day at work. All employees are off in time to get home to their families and extra curricular activities.
Productive and a good place to work with.
Wiring Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: i learn a lot on the controls used in the oil and gas industry.
Cons: the only thing that is not really good is, there is no advancement in engineering career.
Tarpon Energy is a good place to work with. Everyday I learn more on the jobs I do and getting more productive. I enjoy working with my co-workers for they share good inputs on my everyday work. There is no hard part on the job for we help one another to make all things easy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, we work as a team, as friends and family.
Not a place for professional women!
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: unprofessional
An extremely unprofessional work environment. There is no leadership, management doesn't seem to have a clue. What core values?? Policies and procedures are only enforced when convenient. There are no strategic plans for the future if the company.
Tarpon is ok but not the best
Steel Detailer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2013
The benefits are good
If you have ideas to make the company productive this is not the place for you
The manager is nice and flexible but you end up working with people in the office that thinks they own the company
Great company with great people to work with
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Hinton AbSeptember 11, 2012
Great work experience they are very helpful with teaching apprentices and have great people to work with, Job security was also very good never had to worry about being laid off or loosing your job.
if you can just go to work do your job and leave without thinking about it Tarpon is for you!
FITTER/WELDER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad organization no communication
The work at tarpon is easy and laid back it's all structural and plate work so there is nothing too complicated, and the money is excellent. I enjoyed working at tarpon still i started taking the issues and problems home. Mannagement is upside down there they all work against eachother instead of with eachother. Tarpon is verry baddly organized and in 6 months I went through more than 8 supervisors if they didnt pay as much as they do i would have quit in my first week there
a good company to work for with a solid shop
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKAugust 7, 2012
work was consistent, management was easy to get along with, there a large and diverse group of people working there, allowing for flexibility within the work place, however it also seemed to contribute to isolated groups of people who wouldnt interact so much with the others. all in all, i enjoyed my time there and would return should the opportunity arise
good place to learn
lead electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2012
I started there as 3th year apprentice,
I had a chance to upgrade my self to lead position,
Its a excellent place to learn and experience.