Tarpon Energy Services

Tarpon Energy Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very safety place to work
Metal Shop - Metal Saw Operator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2014
but job security is stressfull. When we slow down Company cut work days .For exemple- today when I write this resum to you , I have two days off with not pay ,because we slown down in the production ..
lots of good ideas no application of them
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Kindersley, SKMarch 18, 2014
weak management and too fragmented if not in one of the bigger workshops.penny wise and pound foolish company.not big on paying LOA to workers not involved in large scale construction jobs
Very Dynamic Company
Senior Collection Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great service provider in the industry
Cons: acquistions in the oil industry happen
Great management, awesome service, professionals, resources to accomplish tasks at hand effectively - Work, life balance.
Fast Paced and great group of guys
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2013
Build Modular Buildings for the Oil and Gas Field. Standard 10hr days. Great group to work with and perks from management make it a good place to work. Very easy going environment
Various Opportunites
Foreman/Project Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
Many learning opportunities, large workforce, travel

wegqerght4rhtw
efdhwehwerhwerh
werthwerhwerhwrehwerh
Nice people, Good pay, bad managment
Steel erector/Welder Apprentice (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good pay nice co-workers
Cons: theres a clique there and if your not in it they aren't doing anything for you
Worked for tarpon about 10 months was being strung along with the promise of actually getting welding experience and hours for my apprenticeship they gave me 450 hours i was given from my first three months when signing up and 300 i was credited for previous experience for the next 7 months i got 40 hours out of 1000 and was told i should be happy with – more... the raise they gave me and not complain about my hours. i was never taught anything i had to ask journeymen on their breaks about the problems with my welds and general welding advise. other than what i taught myself on my lunches and during my overtime unpaid.
I am very passionate about welding and moved from ontario to alberta to get the best welding education canada can offer. – less
Hire and Fire
Journeyman welder (Former Employee), Calgary,AB StructuresJanuary 23, 2013
Typical hire and fire company, except now they are replacing Canadian Apprentices and Journeymen with Temporary Foreign Workers. The money and hours are there when they have work but do to poor management and organization lay offs come regularly.
Mediocre with poor job security
Journeyman welder (Former Employee), StructuresJanuary 21, 2013
Bad management, Bad organization,and good employees being replaced by Temporary Foreign Workers. When they have the work you work excessively(7 days a week), then as soon as that project is over they lay off. Standard hire and fire Company.
Very prodeuctive and excellant communication within manage,ent and workers
HSE (Former Employee), Kearl LakeSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: camp
Cons: no days off
It was a short job at Kearl Lake where I am currently;
I find Tarpon's C.M.T to work great together.
Extremely rewarding place to work, open to training people and recognition of growth
Manufacturing Interface Superintendent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2012
Pros: employee driven improvements to areas and processes, managers addressing employees with positive feedback on a daily basis, luncheons for employees to thank them for their roles in the company, excellent focus on safety company wide
Cons: conjested working space at beginning of process, lack of space to put materials
This was an exciting position as not only was I leading a team of leaders on the production of a "new age" living quarters camp for Suncor energy, I was involved in all aspects of the project from beginning to end. Upon hire, I became involved in doing material take offs, recruiting as we progressed through the stages of development, creating progression – more... reports and meeting with stakeholders, tracking production times and reporting them in morning meetings, implementing daily stretching program and conducting morale interviews with employees to ensure our leaders were developing and mentoring staff to working with the construction manager in aligning the functions for success in the manufacture of the units.
I learned about all that it takes to prepare for a multi million dollar project, the alignment of activites required before anything could be started, who all the stakeholders were and how each step affected the previous/next step on the planning stages.
Managers were not familiar with camps production and were very open to trying concepts that were brought to the table from those of us with relevant experience in the manufacture of camps.
My co-workers were excellent teachers, mentors and achievers. Not only do we learn from those who lead us, but we learn so much from those we lead. Very rewarding experience for me.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to be on the plant floor as often as I was used to as my job required alot of administrative duties daily. I came from a background of being on the floor 90% of the day and ensuring that all employee needs were being met to maxinize productivity in a safe, quality minded manner daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all levels of management, design, human resources, sub contractors and employees as well as seeing the customer expectations being met and exceeded as we progressed. – less
Good Money No Life
Project Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: good money, good people
Cons: always away from home, not much room for advancement
The Company it self is good. It is hard to switch roles in the company, as they like to keep people in the areas they are proven good at and do not want to allow you to grow. They expect alot of their feild employee's, long hours, long periods away from home little time off.