The Administrative Assistant provides payroll, accounting and administrative support to the assigned Electric & Controls divisional branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages documentation requirements for the assigned business unit.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries in a professional manner.
- Performs accounts payable functions for the business unit(s).
- Carries out work in progress, accruals, job costing, stock transfers and purchase order (PO) activities.
- Updates PO’s and estimate templates based on updated vendor pricing.
- Tracks backorders and credits with suppliers.
- Performs data entry into industry specific software.
- Conducts payroll entry and time management for the assigned business unit(s).
- Orders office supplies for the business unit(s) and maintains supply inventory.
- Creates, distributes and tracks internal transfer of funds (ITF’s)
- Ensures all applicable ITF’s are signed prior to month end.
- Prepares expense reports using MS Office Excel.
- Maintains job cost folders as well as manual and electronic filing systems.
- Books meeting rooms, ensures catering needs are met and records meeting minutes.
- Performs reception duties as required.
- Assists in project administration duties such as fabricating project binders and documentation.
- Maintains business unit records and compiles statistical reports using the SDG accounting software package and excel spreadsheets.
- Composes routine correspondence as directed by management and sends/receives faxes.
- Prepares shipping and courier documents when requested.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- Grade 12 graduate with preference given to those with relevant post secondary education.
- 3 years experience in an administrative or accounting role.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes and reports.
- Exceptional time-management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly.
- Monitor and follow applicable corporate directives, local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform required duties in a safety conscious manner.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Must have valid class 5 drivers’ license.
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a full benefits plan that is effective on the first day of employment and a matching RRSP program. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
To apply for this position, please visit http://tarponenergy.hgcareers.com/js/ You can also apply by faxing or mailing your resume and cover letter (stating position title) to: Tarpon Energy Services Ltd., 7020 - 81 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2C 5B8; Fax: 403-265-5825
Indeed - 13 months ago
Tarpon Energy Services Ltd. is a leading supplier of electrical and instrumentation services, control systems and steel building solutions....