Target Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Sales, Team Lead (Former Employee), Fergus, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Good Team members
Cons: They closed
Working at Target was a fun, fast paced job which required me to focus and always be ready for something new.
Working as a team lead I was required to train other employees and make sure the floor was always organized and up to Target standards.
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: long hours
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Productive and fun environment, always feels like a family.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: always for the employees
Cons: they closed down
If they ever came back I would be there in seconds! It was a great place to work and feel accepted not one person was different than any other but we still knew who the bosses were.
Overall, a really fun and great place to work. It was sad to have to leave in the end.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Great Work Atmosphere, Flexible Hours, Understanding Management
Cons: Difficult to Address Issues at Times, Never Any Product that was Needed, Bankruptcy
Working at Target was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was in school at the time which made it difficult but my supervisors were extremely helpful in making sure that I kept up with my schooling and also received enough hours to pay for living. I was a Sales Floor Team Member which means I was responsible for stocking shelves, making sure everything looked presentable for guests, and helping said guests with any problem they had that related to our store. I was also responsible for covering the electronics section when the team member would step off the floor for their break. This means there was a lot that needed to be learned in case someone had a question and watching over the keys that unlocked the cases to the high price items was very important. The hardest part of the job was making sure that guests were always happy. Sometimes it was easy to help out a guest but a lot of the time it was difficult. Some people would be angry or frustrated and it's difficult to keep that from effecting how you interact with the team members. A lot of us were yelled at and called names and it was difficult to not take it personally, but eventually, you learn to shrug it off. A lot of it came from being up as a cashier, which I also did from time to time. What I learned though is that everyone has a story. The man who came in looking for tampons may be buying them for his embarrassed daughter, so don't laugh. The woman who was frustrated and took her anger out on you because you were out of her type of shampoo may have just had a really long day at work and really – more... just wants to go home and have a nice, long bath, so don't take it personally. And even your fellow team members have a story, but no matter what it is, you must all look out for each other. – less
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee), Red Deer AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: the self check outs running slow or crashing
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Great place to have a good exposure to Pharmacy environment.
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
I gained a lot of confidence to work in the Pharmacy with the supportive management group with the exposure to the Kroll system.
Great Team Culture
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Work life Balance
Cons: Closed Canada early, should have given it some more time
Super work life balance ,well treated by upper management team leaders. Plenty of room to grow all the way from Team Member to leaders and lots of recognition for members doing their job. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job was that it was my second family.
awesome prices
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2015
Target was a great experence and i would reccomed everybody to work there becuase they have amzing things on sale and great deals on everthing in the store.
Fast, Fun and Friendly place
Sales Floor/ Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short hours
Just like its vision and value, the company taught its employee many skills and competencies that will be helpful in the business market. I had an opportunity to make lots of friends and even meet people who were my classmates.
Amazing workplace full of enthusiastic workers and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: fun, interesting, energetic atmosphere, great products, amazing co-workers, great management
Cons: the end of Target (when it closed)
Target was an amazing workplace full of fun and excitement, all done in a professional environment. Staff members were considered like an extended family and the overall experience was amazing, one of the best I ever had. A typical day would include friendly competition between employees based on who could sell and activate more credit cards and good vibes among other co-workers. Management was very understanding of my needs and if there were any problems, they were always ready to recommend a solution. Overall, an amazing experience. The hardest part of the job was leaving when it closed down and trying to gain new employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such professional, caring and enthusiastic co-workers that made the day extra special. What I learned from Target was that everyone is given equal opportunity to learn new and great things and, it's all about how a person can use their skills to achieve greatness. All of the co-workers were great and the hours were fantastic as well. The job itself was fun too as, you get to encounter new and interesting people everyday. To conclude, my experience at Target was one of the best work experiences to this point of my life.
Enjoyed working there
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 2, 2015
Stocking the shelves and making the customers happy was rewarding, My customer service skills improved. Target was a great place to work.
Fast Fun Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 2, 2015
As a cashier the most important thing is to sell RED Cards it is easy if you know how to persuade the guest. It was a lot of fun I enjoy meeting new people and of course meeting the regulars is also a blast. During liquidation it was a lot of work and this is where you need the team in order to get the job done. At the end of day everyone got the job done and laughed at the end
fun place to work
Front Checkout Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Fun days with free food.
Cons: Not much opportunities for advancement
Good company culture, employees treated with respect. Good customer service.Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was to come every day knowing that the company was closing.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers happy with the service.
strong support in team environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: daily treats or staff events and working in a team
Cons: I believe the company knew it was closing when I was offered the job, and they said nothing
In a typical day, I would have assigned areas to monitor for correct pricing. I learned to coach and mentor employees. My co-workers were strong and had no problem sharing their knowledge. Hardest part of job was often finding space on the sales floor for product coming from backroom. The most enjoyable was working with a dedicated team
Fun Workplace
Human Resources Team Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: weekly food programs
Cons: overtime
Initially it was a good experience than it deteriorated eventually as the management was not friendly. No further opportunities in the field.
Supportive
Team Member Cashier (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Target was a great place to work I would recommend anyone to work there. they really take care of their staff by playing team building and icebreaker games to keep staff positive. They believe happy staff equal happy customers which will lead to higher sales!
Too bad they went out of business!
Executive Team Leader Intern (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Target had amazing team culture. I loved the people that I worked with everyone was extremely supportive and kind. I learned managerial styles and other retail systems in place that I have developed and maintained this knowledge. The early hours such as getting up at 5AM for certain shifts was the only downside to this job. I loved meeting new people and being on my feet. Some of my responsibilities included: managing staff, catering to guests, and deploying and keeping track of inventory through out the store.
Target Canada Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Christmas Meals catering brought in for 10 days of Christmas
Cons: Transit Bus system ends at 10:30pm
I began each day at the Front End Cashier Station...start by asking Management which till I am on and begin welcoming each customer and scanning items into computer system, asking customers for thier Target Savings discount card and bagging purchases.
The hardest part of the job was the transportation on Sundays.
My co-workers were well trained with helpful kind customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and meeting the community of Prince George.
Great Experience
Brand Attendant and cart collector (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PESeptember 18, 2015
I had a great time working at Target, the people and environment really made the job a very pleasant experience, was disapointed that they closed.
A Very Good Work Environment.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 15, 2015
I never felt pressured or overwhelmed when tasked at Target. They knew my limitations and molded my work to them. My hours varied, but were never unreasonable, and I was never put out of my area of work unless direly needed.
Headquarters