Target Employee Reviews

fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Decent people to work with on a lower level, abhorrent management and hour distribution.
Guest services/front end team member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 August 2014
I worked at Target from the beginning, a month prior to opening and a year and a bit after. I had no security, no reliable hours, and my singular raise occurred because minimum wage was bumped. Overall an awful experience, I would not work there again.
Pros
occasional free lunch, monthly birthday cake, forced breaks
Cons
unstable hours, unpleasant head staff, unreliable staff
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Good entry, but no work/life balance
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC22 July 2014
Lots of pressure to get things done without enough staff. Salary is not equal to job expected. Very little work/life balance. Coworkers are great. Lots of students. Management gets shifted to other stores after a year.
Pros
Lots of employee activities (ie: food, etc), employee discounts
Cons
lots of pressure, low salary, little work/personal life balance
It was a fun place to work. Lots of awesome people.
Cashier/returns, Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 June 2016
Target was a pretty good place to work, I was working on the truck unloading in the morning and set up of the departments. Everyone was nice and helpful if I needed something and training was straight forward.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
Hated Working At Target
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 March 2015
I did not like working at Target whatsoever; my direct report was completely useless, leaving me to figure out things for myself if I needed an answer to a problem or put in a help request at head office, which sometimes went unanswered. They did try to make it a nice place for the staff to work though.
Pros
Benefits, Decent Wage
Cons
Discount, Management, No Staff Washrooms
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC5 February 2016
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
Fast, Fun, and friendly
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
A typical day was getting in at 2pm working to 10pm. on truck days I was mostly backstock, and a few pushes, plus any backstock from the early morning pulls. At 4pm there was pulls to completely pull push, and backstock. Also throughout the night guest/ sales floor requests had to be completed. I learned how to use crown stackers, waves.
Pros
Full Benefits, great co-workers
The best thing i like about Target is the TEAM CULTURE
Human Resource Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 December 2013
- Scheduling Interviews along with preparing job offers and making an offer as well.

- Learned Prioritization of work

- Provided authority along with accountability by the Management

- Sub-division of work

- Multitasking

- Working with diversified team
Pros
Free Lunches; FFF Events; Team Culture
Cons
No Salary Benefits;
Productive and great environment of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
I worked as sales at the athletic center of Target. Where daily activities would include helping out customers find the items they need.
Working here has helped me learn a lot on how to handle specific situations. Where the customer may have a short temper or strong opinions on certain things. This improved both my communications skills and being able to handle situations being on the spot
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 April 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 April 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 May 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience
FUN PLACE TO WORK IN ATEAM
PSC-GSC (Former Employee) –  Candiac13 April 2015
My tipical day, was so variety; sometomes i opened cashier, scheduales, check personal duties, client services. Work with colegues done le re shop in a funny day way. I met with Garda, workrd with cash and i was so fidelity.

But sometimes, some clients behavior was so difficult to handle. even though i love to work with people.
Pros
No routine kind of job
Cons
Salary compensation
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2015
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Pros
Great team, not detailed enough training
Guest Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 December 2014
Great atmosphere with a great team. The training is not very detailed though, the online modules are not very helpful and there is not really any hands on training
Pros
free lunch days, great team members, good benefits if you're eligible
Cons
not efficient training, a lot of management issues in multiple locations
Fast Fun Friendly place of work
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton , AB29 January 2015
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATION
 Part of the Leadership Team of 2 successfully opened Target stores in Alberta.
 Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
 Driven up to $20 million in sales by overseeing the guest service and merchandising of departments.
 10+ years of managerial work experience in Hospitality and Retail industries.
 Proven record of advancement due to organization skills and excellent customer service.
 Demonstrated ability to generate clientele loyalty through creative and innovative sales programs.
 Experience with various Retail and Hotel computerized systems that include Point-of-Sales, Inventory, Logistics, Customer Relationship Management applications and various Desktop applications including MS OFFICE and MS OUTLOOK.
Pros
Bonus, RRSP, Work life balance
Cons
Its closing down
Provide a strong guest culture, ensuring team consistently delivers fast and friendly shopping experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC11 March 2015
It was a great experience in retail, worked in a friendly,positive, helpful and team oriented environment. Multi-tasked every department, dealt with
most irate guest. Show respect for all team members and guests.
Pros
15 minute break every 2 hours
Cons
No benefits
Fun, Young And Positive Culture
Merchandise Planning Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2013
A great place to start a career if you're looking to meet like minded, young individuals, work hard and learn a lot in a short time spam.
Pros
Culture, People, Office (brand new and very modern)
Cons
Location (Mississauga), Salary, Overworked