Target Employee Reviews

An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Life has an infinite number of possibilities and your ability to achieve success is limited only by your imagination. However, there are always trade-offs and sometimes moving in one direction prevents you from moving in another.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
De beaux moments
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 July 2016
Lorsque j'arrivais à mon emploi j'aimais l'ambiance qui s'en dégagée , c'était ma deuxieme famille , je quittais mon domicile pour rejoindre mon lieu de travail où je me sentais très alaise avec mes collègues qui sont vite devenus des amis. Ils m'ont ''coaché'' d'une manière qui m'a permis d'avancer dans le domaine du travail et sur le plan personel.
nice co-workers, easily understood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON18 July 2016
- Stocking shelves, maintain a clean workplace, help customers with transactions, operated gas pump computer
- Learned a lot of customer service experience, cashier experience
- Easy going and fun to work with
- good co-workers
- Dealing with upset customers due to things that were beyond my control (pumps pumping gas too slow)
Pros
flexible hours, happy environment
Cons
measuring gas volumes
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 July 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Short but Enjoyable Work Experience
Fitting Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 July 2016
Very friendly and down to earth coworkers making the job more enjoyable. Allowed for plenty of interaction with customers. Customer service becomes difficult when dealing with difficult customers but this only allowed for situational learning and how to improve both social skills and appropriate actions under stressful or uncomfortable situations. The team leaders were all very friendly and dedicated to their job. They allowed for direction when needed and detailed instruction regarding duties. My typical day at work involved regular routines which I was able to perfect and feel confident about, allowing me to enjoy each day. Overall, I did not have any complaints with this job.
Pros
worked around school schedule, friendly people
Cons
closed down within a year
It was a fun place to work. Lots of awesome people.
Cashier/returns, Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 June 2016
Target was a pretty good place to work, I was working on the truck unloading in the morning and set up of the departments. Everyone was nice and helpful if I needed something and training was straight forward.
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON25 June 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
Productive team work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 June 2016
It was a good environment, good team work on daily basis friendly associates to work with. I enjoyed working there it was great!!
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours
bonne formation de travail
étalagiste (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC7 June 2016
étiquettés, mettre les prix sur nos départements,faire le facing
Pros
bonne entente
Cons
jamais les memes heures de travail
Was fun while it lasted....
Receiving/Grocery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East York, ON7 June 2016
Not a bad place to work, however shifts were short, and there wasn't the number of hours promised. Sorry it had to close its operations in Canada.
Cons
Short shifts, not as many as promised...
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 May 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate
ambiance de travail agreable
marchandisseuse (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC31 May 2016
journee chargee et mouvementee de rester sois meme peut importe les situations aux quel on feras fache
Pros
ambiance agreable
Cons
manque de pause
Fun place to work, the free lunches
Hard Line, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It was a fun place to work, my co-workers were great to work with The management was all so good to work with, I learned how to do plan a grams. The hardest part of the job was setting up the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the seasonal
Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 May 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience
Great Team Spirit
Seasonal Overnight Flow (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2016
As overnight flow, it was my responsibility to unload merchandise from packages and restock the shelves. There would occasionally be a truck and I would be in the back sorting and stacking the merchandise onto pallets. I learned how to operate the scanner and conduct "pulls", referring to what needed to be replenished on the floor and restocking them. Management and my fellow co-workers were very polite and friendly, which created a great work environment. The hardest part of the job was staying awake as it was an overnight shift. The most enjoyable part of working was during breaks, we would have a team meeting with every staff member and everyone would get involved and do a cheer before going back to work. It really gave everyone motivation for the second half of their shift.
Pros
Team Spirit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.