Target

15.2K reviews

Target Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Target

• Great guest service
  • Sell Red Cards
  • A fast, fun, and friendly environment
  • 10% discount on merchandise
Best place I've ever worked.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB Kildonan PlaceAugust 28, 2015
So sad target left canada :( best job I ever had. Staff was like a family , discount was amazing, work was fairly easy and pay was fair.
Great job opportunity.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2015
- I helped build up two other Target stores before starting to officially work at my own.
- Everyone worked great as a team, helping each other through any difficult tasks that came out way.
- My french speaking improved.
- Everyone was treated as an equal regardless of different job titles.
- Great culture
- They would throw us stuff parties a few times throughout the year to show us how much they appreciate us.
- Made great friends.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Didn't receive many hours at certain slow times
Fun place to work with games in lunch room
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONAugust 25, 2015
Very team based. Had random days for employees like flapjack fridays, cereal sundays. They had a bunch of games in the lunch room with a little library. Everyone helps everyone else on the team.
Pros
Free lunches, games in lunchroom
okay place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 24, 2015
good place to work, worked as a flow team member, stocking shelves and unloading/loadinvhgnctyctyufbv hjguyf ccxhgcgcgcgcghgoijhknn gbjug fdtrailers
Nice
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Customer Service and Pricing Team LeaderAugust 20, 2015
|Target was nice place to work. I enjoyed working for Target. Our customer service that we provide to customers was exceptional.
Great
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSAugust 20, 2015
Learned a lot about working in retail. Management was great, always made sure you knew what expectations were throughout your shift.
Employee's were happy to come into work great environment to work in.
It is to bad the stores had to close.
Productive fun environment to work.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABAugust 16, 2015
Target may have been my first job but it was a very good experience with a fun atmosphere and a great team to work with. I enjoyed my time at target and was very sad to leave and even more sad when I heard it was closing.
Good
Hardlines, Softlines, Presentation and Cashier (Current Employee) –  OshawaAugust 15, 2015
Nice environment, limited hours, rude managers but TARGET CORP. itself treated target employees very nicely. Sad that Target closed but it was fun while it lasted.
One of the best place I have worked!
Team-Member (Former Employee) –  St. John', NLAugust 15, 2015
A day at work is exhilarating..
Learned to be easy-going, friendly & approachable.
Great management.
Great Team-work.
I don't think I have had a bad day or have anything negative to mention.
The fun with my team..
Pros
Lots of food.
Hard work and everyday fun at work. Learned a lot of new things
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Fun work places, other employers were really friendly and a really supportive manager. Everybody worked hard and made sure customers were happy. Everything was done for customer satisfaction.
Pros
Everybody was fun
Awsome
ETL - executive team leader (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONAugust 8, 2015
To bad they closed down, They were awesome with us.
Pay was great
Hours were Great
I liked working for target to bad they had to close all of there locations down! it was the only thing that target did wrong was let go of 17000 Canadians without a job.
Best job experience I've had
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONAugust 6, 2015
The day started early and fast paced. Learned a lot about working as a team that I didn't with my previous job. Management interested in what they could do for you not what you could do for them. The best part of working at Target was the people.Even though the store is closed we still get together
Pros
Special fun activities
Leadership expected to complete responsibilites without adequate sales floor support
ETL (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional MunicipalityAugust 5, 2015
Great team, you'll spend minimum 50hrs per week trying to ballance multiple priorities set by other LOD's and your specific role responsibilities.
Great Team Environment
Senior Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 4, 2015
This was an awesome place to work. I learned so much about Retail and Teamwork in this location. Lots of room to grow and advance. Also great management team always there to support and answer questions. The Team as a whole was a great experience and hope to find this at my next position.
Pros
Always boosting staff morale
Productive and fun workplace, excellent team members
Team Member Price Accuracy (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 31, 2015
Target Welland really had a great team culture, management seemed to genuinely care about all team members, and wanted the best for all of us.
Pros
team culture, clean store, great atmosphere
Working At Target
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
- Customer Service
- Cashier
- Inventory Control
- Truck Unload / Warehouse
- Use technology to read instructions and enter information
- Work as a team and independently
- Precise attention to detail
Fun
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 28, 2015
Had so much fun working for this company, sad that it closed the team culture was amazing and the job was fun. Miss it so much !!
Pros
everything
Cons
store closed
Amazing Team I ever work with them
Brand Team Members/Sale Floor in Electronic Dept (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2015
During my time with Target, my positions were Brand Team Member and Price Change Associate. I used the AD set to scan items, handle inventory of DVD/Blu Ray, CD music, video games, and electronic products. I also unpacked products and put them on the shelves. I was a cashier and always provided excellent assistance with guest shoppers and helped them find the products what they wanted. I have a very strong work ethic and my coworkers would describe me as friendly, passionate, motivated, confident, someone who is always on the time and someone who always gets the job done. I love Target very much but too but The Target Canada decide to leave for good.

I don't approve CEO make a decide to close
Pros
Amazing team. Hiring people with disabilities and Deaf
Cons
Hours is sucks for living supportive.
Great team atmosphere, with good relationship with customers.
Store-Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QCJuly 27, 2015
Typical day was normally fast-pace, learning to balance duties with customer needs. Good support from team leaders and manager.
Hardest part was getting a complete job done in posted shift time, and not leaving duties unfinished. Most enjoyable when you leave knowing you done a good shift and having customers leave with satisfaction and smile.
was a fantastic place to work enjoyed every minute of it. great team members , great enviroment
Brand Attendant-Cleaned store (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJuly 25, 2015
when you started a shift your supervisor would come and tell everyone what was on the agenda for the shift . easy going , our supervisors were always easy going as long as our tasks were completed, i mainly loved about target that everyone was always easy going , motivational and acted like a team 100 percent of the time
Pros
great people, great everything
Cons
it closed