Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast, Fun, and friendly
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
A typical day was getting in at 2pm working to 10pm. on truck days I was mostly backstock, and a few pushes, plus any backstock from the early morning pulls. At 4pm there was pulls to completely pull push, and backstock. Also throughout the night guest/ sales floor requests had to be completed. I learned how to use crown stackers, waves.
Pros
Full Benefits, great co-workers
Big Mistake
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Was a manager for softlines obviously target is gone from canada now so i really dont need to say much in this regards its sad that it was poorly managed
Uncertain schedules and random shifts
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Enjoyed working in Target. It has a great cultures of working environment. However it had a random shifts and less hour per week which wasn't enough to survive.
Pros
Permanent full time
Cons
random shifts and less hours
Fun and fast pace for the first 3 hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The managers were the best managers I've had. They were mice and understanding. The job itself was alright. It got repetitive after a couple months. They did move me around to cashier and night shift sometimes.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Repetitiveness
Excellent Team Dynamic
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Very busy, fast paced.
Excellent communication
Warm and Welcoming
Learned how to fold clothes quickly, multi-task and provide exceptional customer service
Pros
Adaptable and friendly
Cons
Poor management
Hated Working At Target
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2015
I did not like working at Target whatsoever; my direct report was completely useless, leaving me to figure out things for myself if I needed an answer to a problem or put in a help request at head office, which sometimes went unanswered. They did try to make it a nice place for the staff to work though.
Pros
benefits, decent wage
Cons
discount, management, no staff washrooms
They went under
Hardlines Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 11, 2016
This is pointless review as they no longer operate in Canada, They messed up their supply chain badly couldn't stock the shelves the rest is history.
Very enlightening while it lasted
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Target Canada was a great place to work. A typical day at work included restocking shelves, helping customers with item inquiries & zoning the isles. I learned that time management is essential to get all tasks completed & presentation is key to attracting customers to products. My co-workers were very diverse and extremely friendly, everyone made me feel welcome and they never hesitated to clarify on tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with isles that were a complete mess and micromanaging small products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced learning environment.
Pros
Many incentives to be a great employee
Cons
They shut down
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Softline Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 30, 2015
Connect with you ETL or TL to ensure we were all on the same track when it came to giving direction to employee's ,as well as, to make sure that we knew what all the upcoming promotions were in order to provide excellent guest experiences and memorable moments.
Pros
Well being was first
Cons
Staff overturn
Target Canada Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2015
I began each day at the Front End Cashier Station...start by asking Management which till I am on and begin welcoming each customer and scanning items into computer system, asking customers for thier Target Savings discount card and bagging purchases.
The hardest part of the job was the transportation on Sundays.
My co-workers were well trained with helpful kind customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and meeting the community of Prince George.
Pros
Christmas Meals catering brought in for 10 days of Christmas
Cons
Transit Bus system ends at 10:30pm
Productive Work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 31, 2016
Target was a great experience! It was my first job so I learned quite a lot from this experience. It's still very unfortunate that the company has closed. It was a great place to work while it lasted!
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Company Issues, and the store is now closed.
entertainment and making ginger houses
Cashier and fitting room member. (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONDecember 23, 2013
My work experience in Target was good we had good leaders who pays much attention to the employees ,give them good salary and also they are more concerned with the security of their workers where by they need every employee to be safe,secure and comfortable with the work he or she is doing.The leaders are very organized ,social and friendly to everyone and their management seems to be good. but I never saw any cultural activities at Target.In general i can say it is a good company ever.The hardest part was zoning because you can zone right now but after five minutes the place looks maze again and the most enjoyable part was cashier is just meeting with different smiling faces attending to them and that is it.for my job at Target I was payed $10.75 . I have worked with this company for several months but they refused to schedule me as other students because of my age.
Pros
free 15 minutes break
Cons
working to late hours
Enjoyable while it lasted!
Presentation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 4, 2015
While job security is obviously not exactly great, what with the company closing and all, while it lasted it was a great place to work. Respectful leadership, a fun environment, plenty of opportunity to improve and advance, and made some good friends and colleagues I hope to keep in touch with for a long time to come.
Good until shutdown.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 18, 2016
Best place I've worked for. Lots of recognition from Target for outstanding employee services. Good co-workers with little to no hassles or drama.
Provide a strong guest culture, ensuring team consistently delivers fast and friendly shopping experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCMarch 11, 2015
It was a great experience in retail, worked in a friendly,positive, helpful and team oriented environment. Multi-tasked every department, dealt with
most irate guest. Show respect for all team members and guests.
Pros
15 minute break every 2 hours
Cons
no benefits
Productive and fun
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
It was a positive workplace with excellent management. They focused on team building and company growth. We were rewarded often for our excellent work ethic. Management created a friendly environment by hosting potlucks and recreational outings. Unfortunately, target had to shut down so my time there was short, but worth it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Store Closed
The great team made work fun and pushed us all to be hard workers.
Flow team member/secured instock team member (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 30, 2015
Working for Target was a great experience. I loved working with the team of great people and it made it enjoyable to be there. Even after the store closed, we still worked as a team, my boss gave me an opportunity to work for him again at no frills. I worked with him in many different environments and jobs and I was sad to leave.
Pros
Great workers, great attitude.
Cons
The store is no longer open.
Productive, okay workplace, very nice employee environment
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2014
Everyone says hi or hello to everyone but there are still some boundaries and barriers between coworkers, everyone remains tied to their respective departments. Management are nice however when working with employees, pressure and strain can become an issue. Hardest part of the job is getting there early in the morning. Benefits are not that great but its a great job for students or if your unemployed, like a sort of 'inbetween jobs' kinda thing
Pros
breakroom, employees and staff
Cons
early morning shifts, management
fun place to work
Front Checkout Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2015
Good company culture, employees treated with respect. Good customer service.Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was to come every day knowing that the company was closing.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers happy with the service.
Pros
Fun days with free food.
Cons
Not much opportunities for advancement
Great Place to work... while it lasted
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
The people and general store vibe was great. Everyone from management down all pitched in and helped complete all the days tasks.