Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast, Fun and Friendly
Softline Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 30, 2015
Connect with you ETL or TL to ensure we were all on the same track when it came to giving direction to employee's ,as well as, to make sure that we knew what all the upcoming promotions were in order to provide excellent guest experiences and memorable moments.
Pros
Well being was first
Cons
Staff overturn
I am happy to work with Target cowokers.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 9, 2016
Although the Target Canada was not in good commercial business, I still remember the days I worked there. I am happy to work with Target coworkers.
mostly fun and productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Real star has/had some great managers and staff in head office. The staff at the buildings not so much. stoke to residents that they were trash, and beneath them. Very judgement people.
i worked with great people
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
i enjoyed working at Target just the same problem, there wasn't enough hours and we were always over staffed. Loved the people i worked with and the managers were nice.
Excellent Team Dynamic
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Very busy, fast paced.
Excellent communication
Warm and Welcoming
Learned how to fold clothes quickly, multi-task and provide exceptional customer service
Pros
Adaptable and friendly
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable while it lasted!
Presentation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 4, 2015
While job security is obviously not exactly great, what with the company closing and all, while it lasted it was a great place to work. Respectful leadership, a fun environment, plenty of opportunity to improve and advance, and made some good friends and colleagues I hope to keep in touch with for a long time to come.
Comfortable and Fun Work Environment
Seasonal Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 26, 2016
A typical work day at Target for a flow team member starts once you punch in, you begin by unloading the boxed up products from the truck onto skids that will be pushed onto the sales floor. Once the truck is down all team members unpack products and place them in their correct spots on the shelves. Help make store presentable before store opening. Once the store has opened team members push products onto shelves from shopping carts until shift is over.

I learned quicker ways to push products on shelves, and quick ways to unload the trucks safely.

Managment was okay, certain decisions were questionable but overall they got the important things down fast.

My co-workers were very enjoyable to work with and get along as a team.

The hardest part of the job is the early hours, and you getting the right amount of sleep before your shift starts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team with everyone who made it an enjoyable environment and pushed everybody to be better.
Pros
Fun co-workers, free lunches
Cons
Early morning shift starts
strong support in team environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCSeptember 30, 2015
In a typical day, I would have assigned areas to monitor for correct pricing. I learned to coach and mentor employees. My co-workers were strong and had no problem sharing their knowledge. Hardest part of job was often finding space on the sales floor for product coming from backroom. The most enjoyable was working with a dedicated team
Pros
daily treats or staff events and working in a team
Cons
I believe the company knew it was closing when I was offered the job, and they said nothing
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
Cons
Poductive, Always things to do to keep busy
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive team members. Always something to do to keep busy. Enjoyed public interaction. Learned a lot about how important it is to keep things organized and clean so that customers can have an easy shopping experience.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Too bad they went out of business!
Executive Team Leader Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Target had amazing team culture. I loved the people that I worked with everyone was extremely supportive and kind. I learned managerial styles and other retail systems in place that I have developed and maintained this knowledge. The early hours such as getting up at 5AM for certain shifts was the only downside to this job. I loved meeting new people and being on my feet. Some of my responsibilities included: managing staff, catering to guests, and deploying and keeping track of inventory through out the store.
caring people
Store Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2016
it was a amazing place to work in.ever body help each other out if they where having a hard time.it was sad to see it close.the training was great we all did are role in the store.
Cash and Guest services attendant Target Canada
Cashier & Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 20, 2015
Working with people on the sales floor, and on cash. Greeting guest, looking for items in back rooms or on the floor. Returns, purchases, and re packaging. Selling, target master cards, tending to all jobs when needed.
Fast Fun Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 2, 2015
As a cashier the most important thing is to sell RED Cards it is easy if you know how to persuade the guest. It was a lot of fun I enjoy meeting new people and of course meeting the regulars is also a blast. During liquidation it was a lot of work and this is where you need the team in order to get the job done. At the end of day everyone got the job done and laughed at the end
Great Team Culture
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
Super work life balance ,well treated by upper management team leaders. Plenty of room to grow all the way from Team Member to leaders and lots of recognition for members doing their job. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job was that it was my second family.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Closed Canada early, should have given it some more time
Target Canada Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2015
I began each day at the Front End Cashier Station...start by asking Management which till I am on and begin welcoming each customer and scanning items into computer system, asking customers for thier Target Savings discount card and bagging purchases.
The hardest part of the job was the transportation on Sundays.
My co-workers were well trained with helpful kind customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and meeting the community of Prince George.
Pros
Christmas Meals catering brought in for 10 days of Christmas
Cons
Transit Bus system ends at 10:30pm
Fun workplace with great opportunities to advance.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OnSeptember 14, 2015
Received great training and it was always a fun environment. It was also very customer oriented. Making sure customers left as pleased as possible and that they received what they came in to purchase. Target also made sure that everyone received training in the job titles within the company and also had a great way of helping employees in job advancements within the company.
Pros
Fun and caring.
Cons
company never did well.
Very enlightening while it lasted
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Target Canada was a great place to work. A typical day at work included restocking shelves, helping customers with item inquiries & zoning the isles. I learned that time management is essential to get all tasks completed & presentation is key to attracting customers to products. My co-workers were very diverse and extremely friendly, everyone made me feel welcome and they never hesitated to clarify on tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with isles that were a complete mess and micromanaging small products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced learning environment.
Pros
Many incentives to be a great employee
Cons
They shut down
The people were great, the hours not so much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2015
Other cashiers and team members were very friendly. Hours were low, and so is the pay. Customers, like in any retail job, were difficult.
And well, then Target left Canada.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Low hours, low pay
good place
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONFebruary 14, 2016
great team members and leaders. business was slow fun place to work too bad it closed and is no longer open good job though