Target

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast, Fun and Friendly place
Sales Floor/ Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short hours
Just like its vision and value, the company taught its employee many skills and competencies that will be helpful in the business market. I had an opportunity to make lots of friends and even meet people who were my classmates.
Amazing workplace full of enthusiastic workers and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: fun, interesting, energetic atmosphere, great products, amazing co-workers, great management
Cons: the end of Target (when it closed)
Target was an amazing workplace full of fun and excitement, all done in a professional environment. Staff members were considered like an extended family and the overall experience was amazing, one of the best I ever had. A typical day would include friendly competition between employees based on who could sell and activate more credit cards and good vibes among other co-workers. Management was very understanding of my needs and if there were any problems, they were always ready to recommend a solution. Overall, an amazing experience. The hardest part of the job was leaving when it closed down and trying to gain new employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such professional, caring and enthusiastic co-workers that made the day extra special. What I learned from Target was that everyone is given equal opportunity to learn new and great things and, it's all about how a person can use their skills to achieve greatness. All of the co-workers were great and the hours were fantastic as well. The job itself was fun too as, you get to encounter new and interesting people everyday. To conclude, my experience at Target was one of the best work experiences to this point of my life.
Enjoyed working there
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 2, 2015
Stocking the shelves and making the customers happy was rewarding, My customer service skills improved. Target was a great place to work.
Fast Fun Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 2, 2015
As a cashier the most important thing is to sell RED Cards it is easy if you know how to persuade the guest. It was a lot of fun I enjoy meeting new people and of course meeting the regulars is also a blast. During liquidation it was a lot of work and this is where you need the team in order to get the job done. At the end of day everyone got the job done and laughed at the end
fun place to work
Front Checkout Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Fun days with free food.
Cons: Not much opportunities for advancement
Good company culture, employees treated with respect. Good customer service.Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was to come every day knowing that the company was closing.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers happy with the service.
strong support in team environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: daily treats or staff events and working in a team
Cons: I believe the company knew it was closing when I was offered the job, and they said nothing
In a typical day, I would have assigned areas to monitor for correct pricing. I learned to coach and mentor employees. My co-workers were strong and had no problem sharing their knowledge. Hardest part of job was often finding space on the sales floor for product coming from backroom. The most enjoyable was working with a dedicated team
Fun Workplace
Human Resources Team Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: weekly food programs
Cons: overtime
Initially it was a good experience than it deteriorated eventually as the management was not friendly. No further opportunities in the field.
Supportive
Team Member Cashier (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Target was a great place to work I would recommend anyone to work there. they really take care of their staff by playing team building and icebreaker games to keep staff positive. They believe happy staff equal happy customers which will lead to higher sales!
Too bad they went out of business!
Executive Team Leader Intern (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Target had amazing team culture. I loved the people that I worked with everyone was extremely supportive and kind. I learned managerial styles and other retail systems in place that I have developed and maintained this knowledge. The early hours such as getting up at 5AM for certain shifts was the only downside to this job. I loved meeting new people and being on my feet. Some of my responsibilities included: managing staff, catering to guests, and deploying and keeping track of inventory through out the store.
Target Canada Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Christmas Meals catering brought in for 10 days of Christmas
Cons: Transit Bus system ends at 10:30pm
I began each day at the Front End Cashier Station...start by asking Management which till I am on and begin welcoming each customer and scanning items into computer system, asking customers for thier Target Savings discount card and bagging purchases.
The hardest part of the job was the transportation on Sundays.
My co-workers were well trained with helpful kind customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and meeting the community of Prince George.
Great Experience
Brand Attendant and cart collector (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PESeptember 18, 2015
I had a great time working at Target, the people and environment really made the job a very pleasant experience, was disapointed that they closed.
friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, dinner, snacks, chocolates, friendly coworkers
Cons: varying hours, often late shifts
using the cashier till, stocking shelves, using the PDA equipment, printing price labels and sales banners organizing displays. it was a great experience for me, in the time i worked at Target I had the opportunity to learn duties for other positions. My team leaders were always friendly and helpful, i liked bonding with my team members as well. helping do team lifts, guest carry outs, answering questions, helping navigate the store and recognizing regular customers were all great experiences for me. i felt like i belonged and was often told i was very helpful by "guests" and my fellow team members when they needed help aiding a guest, navigating the PDA system to create pulls or locate items in the store. the hardest part of the job i guess would be getting off of work at 10pm. other than that everything else came pretty naturally and worked well.
Fun workplace with great opportunities to advance.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Fun and caring.
Cons: company never did well.
Received great training and it was always a fun environment. It was also very customer oriented. Making sure customers left as pleased as possible and that they received what they came in to purchase. Target also made sure that everyone received training in the job titles within the company and also had a great way of helping employees in job advancements within the company.
Very enlightening while it lasted
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Many incentives to be a great employee
Cons: They shut down
Target Canada was a great place to work. A typical day at work included restocking shelves, helping customers with item inquiries & zoning the isles. I learned that time management is essential to get all tasks completed & presentation is key to attracting customers to products. My co-workers were very diverse and extremely friendly, everyone made me feel welcome and they never hesitated to clarify on tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with isles that were a complete mess and micromanaging small products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced learning environment.
productive
Customer service and sales associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
learnt alot about dealing with people and adapting to the work environment.I mostly enjoyed when i and my co workers worked together to get a task completed
target
backroom (Former Employee), torontoSeptember 10, 2015
it was very fun to work at target it was like another family at work. i would stack the boxes in the back and bring them to the floor for re stock.
Great place to work.
Store Administration Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Good pay; personal lockers; benefits
Cons: Far commute; very toxic attitude toward female employees.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Target. I felt it was a welcome environment and I always had friendly co-workers. Above average pay and wonderful conveniences made for a very pleasant employment.
fun
Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
it was always busy, there was always something new to do. my co worker were really nice and fun to work with. i really like it i got to meet a lot of nice people everyday.
Great training , supportive and friendly culture
Executive Team Leader-Human Resources (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: team focussed and culture
Cons: sometimes long hours
Target provided a great environment to learn. The management was supportive. It was great to work in a team focussed store and the recognition culture was remarkable.
A very supportive place to work. Great team building,
Team Leader Price Accuracy (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 31, 2015
I have worked in retail for 30 plus years. I enjoy interacting in teams or individually. I can plan, organize and coordinate to deliver results.
I enjoy relationship and partnership building,
Headquarters