Target Employee Reviews

bancrupt
Team Lead Backroom (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2017
no longer exists in Canada they don't exist stop making me type I do not want to do this survey but you are forcing me to do so stop forcing me to do this it is an aggravating his process..
Fun and productive workplace with great employees and managers
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC6 February 2017
Everyone was always happy and enjoyed coming into work. We worked well as a team and got things done while having fun at the same time. To me, that's what made working at Target such a great experience.
Pros
Free snacks, cake on employee's birthday's. Working with great people.
Cons
Zoning product.
Really enjoyed the job, went bankrupt
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton29 January 2017
The job was pretty easy, the team was quite supportive and the hours were fair in terms of how much I worked and how much I was given in compensation. Sadly they went out of business and I lost this job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Went bankrupt
Product and fun workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
Everyday was a fun day at work but mostly very productive. Ensuring on a day to day basis that guests(customers) are well taken care of by giving excellent customer service.
Pros
Some days of the week we would get free lunches and movie days
Cons
Hours were long
Positive
Phone Salesman (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 January 2017
Great working experience. Always joyed to go to work and loved my job. Manager was a good mentor. 8th in sales during holiday season of 2014 for the district of Alberta. Would gladly go back if they didn't close down.
Great place
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Fun atmosphere. Hard working staff. Great management. Busy throughout entire shift. Best part of the job is the hours and benfits
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not in Canada
Productive and a fun workplace
Cashier in Target (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
A great company that provided me and helped me with enhancing my communication skills. Learned how to multitask and be a part of a team. Teamwork was not just a word but something Target took very seriously.
fun
Target (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 January 2017
it was fun but the store closed and that was a bummer!! cashier and customer service was easy and the co workers were extremely nice
Great Place to work
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
Target was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. Work life balance was perfect, and the management team cared about your well- being. The team was more like a family, even being in a big department store, we always had events that brought the team together. The overall atmosphere was amazing and you were excited to go into work everyday. Definitely a very sad situation to know they are no longer in canada
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterrloo12 January 2017
Customer service,lead a team on price changes
How to be a better supervisor
Management encouraged their team great to work for
Great group of co workers

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
Miss Target
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heath, OH10 January 2017
I had hoped to work for Target in Canada, but they left the market. I loved working at Target, the corporate philosophy, excellent training, and ample resources available to perform to expectations.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
It's retail, you get to work more holidays than other sectors.
Great effort to deliver a consistent work environment
Receiver / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2017
I was not altogether unhappy there. Sadly, Target wasn't prepared for the challenges of the Canadian market. Nevertheless, there was something very special about being involved in a new company from the very beginning. There were challenges and there were conflicts, but initially, at least, there was a good group of people working toward a common goal.... Overall a good experience.
very good work place with great employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 December 2016
• help customers in person and telephonically,balance sales and receipts
• deal with customer inquiries and complaints,maintain records of all transactions
• process sales and payments,wrap merchandise,issue refunds and credits,monitor inventory,Excellent customer service, Friendly and helpful attitude
• Stock merchandise with speed and accuracy by following the replenishment process and zoning guidelines ,doing multitasking duty at a time
Fun and welcoming workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 December 2016
Shifts were easy ad went by fast. Enjoyable. Coworkers were always ready to help and take initiative, along with helping customers as much as possible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no drinks allowed
Great while in Canada
Starbucks Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 December 2016
Fantastic place of work with lots of opportunity to move up in company however they closed in Canada. Great salary as well
F*** target
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 December 2016
You ruined my life, and caused undue mental stress because of your inability to run a company, 14 months of psychiatric treatment after because of you, you're a horrible company
Great Place
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was a great environment, with great people. Unfortunately after being open for 2 years the place shut down permanently. I learned how to work with customers, how to accommodate their needs. My main focusing was pleasing the customers we had and making sure they left satisfied. Making customers feel that they were welcomed was important to me, customers helped us as much as we helped them. Working for this company taught me how important a healthy relationship with the customers could be. My overall experience was a lovely one.
Good job.
Warehouse Worker + Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get in and start by going to the front end as a brand attendant but as a warehouse worker I would go straight to the warehouse and start work immediately. I learned how to organize the warehouse and operate pallet jacks and a cardboard baler proficiently. Management was friendly but a little scattered and didn't really have good coordination with one another. Co-workers were friendly and good workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers most of the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting merchandising deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches and events.
Cons
Poor coordination of management
productive and fun worktime with nice co-workers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2016
a typical day at work would be lifting boxes in warehouses. i learned how to manage my time with the work and also the company's management is nice and understanding. fun and nice co-workers. hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes and the enjoyable part is working with nice people.
Pros
nice co-workers
The worst
Seasonal Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
It was my first job and got terminated after two weeks. When asked 'why?'.. the HR lady said, "You're just not the right fit. You're not who we are looking for." Those words still depresses me from that day, 3 years ago. I'm glad they got terminated from Canada.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.