Target Employee Reviews

fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive, Fun and Memorable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such amazing people, having such amazing managers and also working for such an amazing company..
friendly environment
Sales Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 May 2016
I definitely enjoyed working for Target. It was an unforgettable experience. I learned a lot working here and there was always a friendly environment.
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 May 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
Productive and great environment of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
I worked as sales at the athletic center of Target. Where daily activities would include helping out customers find the items they need.
Working here has helped me learn a lot on how to handle specific situations. Where the customer may have a short temper or strong opinions on certain things. This improved both my communications skills and being able to handle situations being on the spot
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 May 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 May 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.
Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
Big Mistake
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Was a manager for softlines obviously target is gone from canada now so i really dont need to say much in this regards its sad that it was poorly managed
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 April 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 April 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
great place to gain new experience
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 April 2016
flexible schedule to work around school. very unfortunate the company closed. i really enjoyed working at target. learned cash duties and floor duties as well because they cross train the team members.
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Professional environment
Pharmacist Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
It was a very professional environment and I learned something new everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them. My manager was always willing to help and was very approachable.
Pros
I got to work with professionals
They went under
Hardlines Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2016
This is pointless review as they no longer operate in Canada, They messed up their supply chain badly couldn't stock the shelves the rest is history.
Effective way to learn and experience pharmacist profession in a retail setting
Volunteer Pharmacy Assistant/technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2016
I was not a full employee with Target, I was a volunteer through the pharmacy portion and wasn't associated with the Target management. However, from what I experienced with the pharmacists, the employees are very kind and provide a safe and comfortable work environment. The pharmacists were very insightful and taught me how to do the daily tasks of a pharmacists.
Pros
gained experience in this field
Cons
not enough time there in the week
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 April 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
Fantastic Business That Cared For Me
Cashier/Sales Associate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 March 2016
While management was often questionable and made odd choices on who received what positions; I have never had a job that made me feel like a part of the family quite like Target did.