Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Target
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 22, 2015
target was a good experience to begin with it taught me a lot of skills such as time management and dependability. Most days were slow not very busy. i enjoyed most about the job was helping customers, i enjoyed making other co workers day with my bright personality. I very much enjoyed being apart of the target team sadly it took bankruptcy and when out of business.
Pros
manager was very nice as well as the other co-workers
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCApril 7, 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
Store Mgr not professional. Negative (fake) environment/culture
ETL (Former Employee) –  ancasterDecember 8, 2014
As ETL (Executive Team Leader) witnessed first hand the culture and motivation of Target Canada. Its no surprise that the canadian locations are failing miserably as the American culture Target has driven into the staff is not "fitting." This starts within the store at the Store Manager position but is easily seen in the DM, the Resources (from out of store) and the drone HR dept.
THE BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION is WORK/LIFE BALANCE. On the surface the company promotes work life balance but does not execute this theory into practice. In fact its quite the opposite that TARGET canada delivers the message. If you are not devoted to 60 hour work weeks then you are not going to be successful. The higher ups are not a resource. They bring in a passive aggressive style to make things even more cloudy for someone who is trying to do their best in this environment. If your manager's name is Hala better off to avoid this place unless you like be treated as an inferior.
Pros
salary
Cons
fake culture, no work life balance, store mgr
It was nice at first
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
It was nice at first as Target had a lot of good things going for it. My direct manager was a wonderful person who taught me a whole bunch, but those above them really didn't know what they were doing.
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Excellent Team Dynamic
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Very busy, fast paced.
Excellent communication
Warm and Welcoming
Learned how to fold clothes quickly, multi-task and provide exceptional customer service
Pros
Adaptable and friendly
Cons
Poor management
Amazing experience working at Target
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
It was fun working at Target. I really liked the work environment over there. The staff, leaders were so cheerful and helpful. Everyone was willing to learn and help each other when needed. Overall, It was an amazing experience working at Target
Low wage, no guaranteed hours, wacky management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Coworkers were the only thing that made this job fun. There really is a sense of culture and family at Target. I miss my coworkers dearly, but not Team Leaders or ETLs. They tended to micromanage, worrying about if someone's pants were the right shade of khaki, or if their shirt is burgundy not red.

Minimum wage, never any raises or benefits for sales floor employees. I would get 38 hours weekly, not 40, to avoid paying me benefits. They would only schedule me one shift per week, and call me in daily for the other days.
Pros
team spirit, occasional free snacks or lunch
Cons
disorganized, no job security, no benefits
Was fun while it lasted....
Receiving/Grocery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East York, ONJune 7, 2016
Not a bad place to work, however shifts were short, and there wasn't the number of hours promised. Sorry it had to close its operations in Canada.
Cons
Short shifts, not as many as promised...
Very enlightening while it lasted
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Target Canada was a great place to work. A typical day at work included restocking shelves, helping customers with item inquiries & zoning the isles. I learned that time management is essential to get all tasks completed & presentation is key to attracting customers to products. My co-workers were very diverse and extremely friendly, everyone made me feel welcome and they never hesitated to clarify on tasks. The hardest part of the job was dealing with isles that were a complete mess and micromanaging small products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced learning environment.
Pros
Many incentives to be a great employee
Cons
They shut down
Productive and fun
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
It was a positive workplace with excellent management. They focused on team building and company growth. We were rewarded often for our excellent work ethic. Management created a friendly environment by hosting potlucks and recreational outings. Unfortunately, target had to shut down so my time there was short, but worth it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Store Closed
Professional environment
Pharmacist Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
It was a very professional environment and I learned something new everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them. My manager was always willing to help and was very approachable.
Pros
I got to work with professionals
Love it
Backroom/cashier/sales floor/ safety rep (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONDecember 7, 2015
I love this place it is the best place to work. never has I enjoyed my job as much as I did while working at target, the team the guests and management has been amazing
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 26, 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Target Canada Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2015
I began each day at the Front End Cashier Station...start by asking Management which till I am on and begin welcoming each customer and scanning items into computer system, asking customers for thier Target Savings discount card and bagging purchases.
The hardest part of the job was the transportation on Sundays.
My co-workers were well trained with helpful kind customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers and meeting the community of Prince George.
Pros
Christmas Meals catering brought in for 10 days of Christmas
Cons
Transit Bus system ends at 10:30pm
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
Fantastic job culture, management could of been better
Sales (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 27, 2015
The management at target was disorganized, often orders from leaders would conflict with each other (i.e clean an area... 5 mins later a different leader would tell you to leave it for the end of the night). The co-workers were superb as Target created a culture where it was always about one team, one dream. The hardest part of the job but the most enjoyable part as well, would be the Target Guests as you would have those certain bad ones but also the really good ones. (Guests is the term Target used for Customers)
Pros
free 30 min breaks
Cons
non flexible in swap shifts
Fast, fun and friendly environment with huge focus on teamwork
Store Team Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 1, 2015
The focus was on guest experience and providing an excellent experience to every person that walked into the store. The team culture was the most important aspect of the job and it started from hiring the right team and building that team to be successful.
Pros
Great team culture, Advancement opportunities
Cons
great place to gain new experience
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 25, 2016
flexible schedule to work around school. very unfortunate the company closed. i really enjoyed working at target. learned cash duties and floor duties as well because they cross train the team members.
A great company who invests in and takes care of its team members.
Back Room -Instock Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work was to assign team members their duties and the stores expectations for the day and any communication that needed to be shared with the team. Check emails and status with my leader. Assist the team as necessary. Continuous follow up throughout the day with the team to ensure expectations are understood and deadlines will be met.

I learned more about leadership. I obtained skills in a warehouse setting that I had had no exposure to before.
Management was supportive and engaging and promoted a strong team culture in the store.
My coworkers were fantastic. Everyone there was supportive and made you feel like we were one big family.
Hardest part of my job is having to say goodbye to a great team and company.
Most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and seeing the smiling faces and warm reception of my team mates as well as their willingness to support the individual and the team.
Pros
team culture, wage, work life balance, fast fun and friendly events held daily
Cons
early mornings