Target Employee Reviews

fun fast and friendly
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 November 2016
this was an amazing place to work with understand staff and managers one of the funnest and best places ive worked at the 3 F's were the main policy which mean fun fast and friendly
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.
Quiet and comfortable place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy was located into the mall. The OTC are was large and the counters, shelves and furniture were new.
I worked by myself and It got very busy when was flu season
Pros
secure place to work, discount for employees at the other departments
Cons
Environement n etait pas productif
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 November 2016
Ils n etait pas pret pour s installer a Montreal...j ai apprecier l experience par contre il manquait de professionnalisme envers la clientele.
Pros
Des remerciements apres avoir effectuer ou aider
Cons
Les pauses diner n etait pas conforme
Bonne expérience
Commis aux marchandises (Former Employee) –  Bruno, FR28 October 2016
Nouvelle expérience de travaille. J'aimais beaucoup les heures auquel je travaillais. De voir comment fonctionne les magasins a rayon, et le contact avec les gens. Bonne entente. Quand les clients n'étaient pas content parce que nous n'avions pas les produits qui étais en spécial. Quand les clients me disait qu'il avait du bon service de ma part.
Pros
Nous payais le déjeuner
Cons
Fermeture
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
fast and fun
Backroom/Shipping & Reciving/Stocking, (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 October 2016
loved working here and loved the team members that worked there. always fast and motivated to get goals reached on a fast time line. and i also loved the smell of the candies/chocolates..mmm...
awesome place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target was a great place to work and I really miss working there. I started as a seasonal backroom attendant then I then decicded to keep me as a fulltime team member. I moved from backroom to salesfloor for a few months which I applied for cosmetics merch brand attendant where I was resonsible for cosmetics, OTC, pharmacy and the health and beauty department. I liked work with everyone at target as we where like family and all worked well as a team.
Pros
great team members
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Sales Floor/Cashier/Starbucks/Instocks (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target Canada was one of the most amazing places to work for. just sue that they had to shut down. i had lots of fun working there! it was a Fast, Fun and friendly place to work.
A customer centered and fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
It was a great place to work while I was there, and I thought it was unfortunate they closed. Everyday it was emphasized that the customer was the most important, and we were encourage to ask every guest if they needed assistance.
Target Ditched Canada
Human Resources Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 October 2016
How can you rate a company that ditched its employees?

I left this company after a year. They over hired the HR department and then gave us minimum hours. On a good week12 hrs. I was asked when hired would I like to work in other departments, my answer was no. Then when hours were not available in my department, I was told my only answer was to cross-train in another department. Well, that was not the role I signed up to do.

We sat at an open desk, across from the break room, making minimum wage. We were spoken down to by management and supervisors when trying to advise them of the laws they were trying to sneak by. I quit this company after telling them it was all going down the toilet. Guess what, it did. Sorry folks. Company culture was great, but there was a puppet pulling all the strings from behind the scenes, and the puppet master threw his toys away and went home to America and left thousands without jobs.

I will never shop at a Target again.
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Learned a lot about customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON14 September 2016
I learned a lot about customer service in Target, esoecially about retail. It's a good and fun place to work; every one had a very welcoming attitude.
Family/friendly best place ive worked at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Candiac14 September 2016
Friendly,outgoing, family feeling environment respected everyone's beliefs loved the staff management and benefits
Pros
Meetings to make sure everythingnand everyone was ok.
Cons
Healthcare
Poor work environment
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 September 2016
Though I had a lot of great coworkers that became fast friends from working there. Very little good to say about the actual employment there in general.
Cashier& Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 September 2016
Target was a great place to work, Too bad they closed down. You got great hours and could pick up shifts whenever you wanted. I enjoyed working at Target.
Pros
great hours
Cons
overly priced
too short of a stay
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
Wanted to stay with them for a longer period of time. Sad it worked out the way it did. Was so happy when l was hired thought it would have been a dream job and lifelong employment.
Pros
Goals met pizza party
Cons
Not enough hours
It was nice at first
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
It was nice at first as Target had a lot of good things going for it. My direct manager was a wonderful person who taught me a whole bunch, but those above them really didn't know what they were doing.
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.