Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Was fun while it lasted
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BCNovember 20, 2015
Working at Target was enjoyable, and the co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.
While I had applied for full-time permanent, I found myself constantly trying to snatch up extra shifts, and I was "terminated" after the busy Christmas season, and thanked for "joining the team and helping during the seasonal rush".
The manager livened up slow times by creating fun little games for the team, which made me feel like I was "one of the gang."
HR ladies were real sweethearts, and were always helpful, especially in the beginning, trying to figure out scheduling and the processes of taking extra shifts.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Team-building experience
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
I learned other job titles during my training as we all helped set up for the grand opening at the metrotown location. I learned how to backstock, product count, flyer sales team who put out throughout the whole store place sale tags according to the flyer, and make adjustments if tags missing or had mistakes fix; then reprint. so there were sometimes I'd be pulling a double shift, multitasking at it's best. put-back items, restocking, food market detailing, branding overall entire store. communication skills, team oriented, product knowledge, learning basic store layout for customer help.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not advancing as you'd hope to even tho you learned a few titles along with your current role.
Productive and fun workplace, excellent team members
Team Member Price Accuracy (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 31, 2015
Target Welland really had a great team culture, management seemed to genuinely care about all team members, and wanted the best for all of us.
Pros
team culture, clean store, great atmosphere
Low wage, no guaranteed hours, wacky management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Coworkers were the only thing that made this job fun. There really is a sense of culture and family at Target. I miss my coworkers dearly, but not Team Leaders or ETLs. They tended to micromanage, worrying about if someone's pants were the right shade of khaki, or if their shirt is burgundy not red.

Minimum wage, never any raises or benefits for sales floor employees. I would get 38 hours weekly, not 40, to avoid paying me benefits. They would only schedule me one shift per week, and call me in daily for the other days.
Pros
team spirit, occasional free snacks or lunch
Cons
disorganized, no job security, no benefits
Store Mgr not professional. Negative (fake) environment/culture
ETL (Former Employee) –  ancasterDecember 8, 2014
As ETL (Executive Team Leader) witnessed first hand the culture and motivation of Target Canada. Its no surprise that the canadian locations are failing miserably as the American culture Target has driven into the staff is not "fitting." This starts within the store at the Store Manager position but is easily seen in the DM, the Resources (from out of store) and the drone HR dept.
THE BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION is WORK/LIFE BALANCE. On the surface the company promotes work life balance but does not execute this theory into practice. In fact its quite the opposite that TARGET canada delivers the message. If you are not devoted to 60 hour work weeks then you are not going to be successful. The higher ups are not a resource. They bring in a passive aggressive style to make things even more cloudy for someone who is trying to do their best in this environment. If your manager's name is Hala better off to avoid this place unless you like be treated as an inferior.
Pros
salary
Cons
fake culture, no work life balance, store mgr
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
A fun place to work
Signing Speacialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
A typical day would be checking emails and seeing what the Teamlead had outlined for you to do that day. Then get started on the projects that needed to be done. I learned to relax and take each day as it was whether it was busy or not .Management was awesome at Target they were there working beside you . Co-workers were always there to help. There were no really hardest part of this job. It was an awesome place to work they had good team culture. Guest service was always first and formost which I think is important because without the customer you have no job.
Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
my time at target
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Target, there was a lot of fun people there. These right people made it enjoyable to do the work that was required of you. I think that if Target had come into Canada differently they would still be here, i think they opened to many stores of the hope. The customers where also part of the problem expecting it to be like target in the states when that's not possible, with the laws being different and so
Great learning job for management
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCApril 11, 2015
Always fun to go to work, there was always challenges in a day of work.
Most of all I learned to be a better manager, How to get the best out of my team, performance.
-The was great leaders has management, always there to help and teach for you to become better, very supportive.
great team atmosphere, great employer, all working together, no jealousy.
The hardest part of my work was: ???
The best part of my work was the daily challenges.
Pros
great company to work for leaning and prositure
Cons
salary
Average
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
The job/work balance was difficult but the culture and environment was positive. I learned many management processes that made it possible for me to develop a positive team environment. I developed and refined my communication skills. I learned important knowledge on how to get the most out of my team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant deadlines. These were beneficial to keep us accountable and consistent, but the goals that they set were sometimes unrealistic.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with other co-workers and managers to accomplish different goals.
Pros
great benefits and pay, had an awesome work culture that kept people postive and motivated.
Cons
long hours and sporadic schedule
Amazing workplace full of enthusiastic workers and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2015
Target was an amazing workplace full of fun and excitement, all done in a professional environment. Staff members were considered like an extended family and the overall experience was amazing, one of the best I ever had. A typical day would include friendly competition between employees based on who could sell and activate more credit cards and good vibes among other co-workers. Management was very understanding of my needs and if there were any problems, they were always ready to recommend a solution. Overall, an amazing experience. The hardest part of the job was leaving when it closed down and trying to gain new employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such professional, caring and enthusiastic co-workers that made the day extra special. What I learned from Target was that everyone is given equal opportunity to learn new and great things and, it's all about how a person can use their skills to achieve greatness. All of the co-workers were great and the hours were fantastic as well. The job itself was fun too as, you get to encounter new and interesting people everyday. To conclude, my experience at Target was one of the best work experiences to this point of my life.
Pros
fun, interesting, energetic atmosphere, great products, amazing co-workers, great management
Cons
the end of Target (when it closed)
A great company who invests in and takes care of its team members.
Back Room -Instock Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work was to assign team members their duties and the stores expectations for the day and any communication that needed to be shared with the team. Check emails and status with my leader. Assist the team as necessary. Continuous follow up throughout the day with the team to ensure expectations are understood and deadlines will be met.

I learned more about leadership. I obtained skills in a warehouse setting that I had had no exposure to before.
Management was supportive and engaging and promoted a strong team culture in the store.
My coworkers were fantastic. Everyone there was supportive and made you feel like we were one big family.
Hardest part of my job is having to say goodbye to a great team and company.
Most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and seeing the smiling faces and warm reception of my team mates as well as their willingness to support the individual and the team.
Pros
team culture, wage, work life balance, fast fun and friendly events held daily
Cons
early mornings
Amazing experience working at Target
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
It was fun working at Target. I really liked the work environment over there. The staff, leaders were so cheerful and helpful. Everyone was willing to learn and help each other when needed. Overall, It was an amazing experience working at Target
Excellent team and culture. Pleasure to work in a demanding environment
Hardlines Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 27, 2015
Daily operations of the department and ensuring store is stocked up and visually appealing to drive sales and promote guest service. Learnt a recognition culture both verbally and written, recognising team member's good behaviour and performance manage on the spot, when required.Top talent was recruited and the best team I've worked with.Finding the right people to connect with , in the company , in order to replenish and fix issues regarding inventory maintenance.Thoroughly enjoyed working and trying to build a new a company in the country.
Pros
team culture
Cons
inventory management
unappreciative managment
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
target was a fun environment work place while we were trying to get the store open for grand opening, after that the management team was horrible
productivity and friendly, fun staff
Stocker, brand merchandiser, cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 1, 2015
enthusiastic, enjoyable, learnt how to set up layouts,grocery merchandise know how,great team work. hardest part was leaving work when not finished your daily job, most enjoyable was going to work and seeing everyone. Really enjoy working and talking with staff where I work. Good staff and management, mostly always cheery and still friendly even after the job is done.
Pros
learning new skills and staff friendly
Cons
being told what to do by too many people at the same time-overpowering
The great team made work fun and pushed us all to be hard workers.
Flow team member/secured instock team member (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 30, 2015
Working for Target was a great experience. I loved working with the team of great people and it made it enjoyable to be there. Even after the store closed, we still worked as a team, my boss gave me an opportunity to work for him again at no frills. I worked with him in many different environments and jobs and I was sad to leave.
Pros
Great workers, great attitude.
Cons
The store is no longer open.
Productive and fun!
Teamflow/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 19, 2015
The leader teams gets to train us everything in the store such as cashier, price accurary, hardline and softline and its great to experience everything !!! The enjoyable part of the job is coworkers are so friendly and we get along pretty well! We were a team!! the hardest part of the job that it wasnt successful in Canada and it has to go back to the USA..
Pros
Free lunches
Team culture was great
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 14, 2015
I started with Target In winter of 2012 as an Executive Team Leader, It was great place to work I must admit, it had its challenges but that is given in retail, nothing I couldn't over come by being resilient and adaptable. The team culture we had in our store was the greatest, every team member was willing to support their peers and deliver great guest experience.
Pros
Cons
Retail challanges