Target Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
Target was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. Work life balance was perfect, and the management team cared about your well- being. The team was more like a family, even being in a big department store, we always had events that brought the team together. The overall atmosphere was amazing and you were excited to go into work everyday. Definitely a very sad situation to know they are no longer in canada
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterrloo12 January 2017
Customer service,lead a team on price changes
How to be a better supervisor
Management encouraged their team great to work for
Great group of co workers
Miss Target
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heath, OH10 January 2017
I had hoped to work for Target in Canada, but they left the market. I loved working at Target, the corporate philosophy, excellent training, and ample resources available to perform to expectations.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
It's retail, you get to work more holidays than other sectors.
Great effort to deliver a consistent work environment
Receiver / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2017
I was not altogether unhappy there. Sadly, Target wasn't prepared for the challenges of the Canadian market. Nevertheless, there was something very special about being involved in a new company from the very beginning. There were challenges and there were conflicts, but initially, at least, there was a good group of people working toward a common goal.... Overall a good experience.
very good work place with great employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 December 2016
• help customers in person and telephonically,balance sales and receipts
• deal with customer inquiries and complaints,maintain records of all transactions
• process sales and payments,wrap merchandise,issue refunds and credits,monitor inventory,Excellent customer service, Friendly and helpful attitude
• Stock merchandise with speed and accuracy by following the replenishment process and zoning guidelines ,doing multitasking duty at a time
Fun and welcoming workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 December 2016
Shifts were easy ad went by fast. Enjoyable. Coworkers were always ready to help and take initiative, along with helping customers as much as possible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no drinks allowed
Great while in Canada
Starbucks Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 December 2016
Fantastic place of work with lots of opportunity to move up in company however they closed in Canada. Great salary as well
F*** target
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 December 2016
You ruined my life, and caused undue mental stress because of your inability to run a company, 14 months of psychiatric treatment after because of you, you're a horrible company
Great Place
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was a great environment, with great people. Unfortunately after being open for 2 years the place shut down permanently. I learned how to work with customers, how to accommodate their needs. My main focusing was pleasing the customers we had and making sure they left satisfied. Making customers feel that they were welcomed was important to me, customers helped us as much as we helped them. Working for this company taught me how important a healthy relationship with the customers could be. My overall experience was a lovely one.
Good job.
Warehouse Worker + Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get in and start by going to the front end as a brand attendant but as a warehouse worker I would go straight to the warehouse and start work immediately. I learned how to organize the warehouse and operate pallet jacks and a cardboard baler proficiently. Management was friendly but a little scattered and didn't really have good coordination with one another. Co-workers were friendly and good workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers most of the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting merchandising deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches and events.
Cons
Poor coordination of management

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
productive and fun worktime with nice co-workers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2016
a typical day at work would be lifting boxes in warehouses. i learned how to manage my time with the work and also the company's management is nice and understanding. fun and nice co-workers. hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes and the enjoyable part is working with nice people.
Pros
nice co-workers
The worst
Seasonal Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
It was my first job and got terminated after two weeks. When asked 'why?'.. the HR lady said, "You're just not the right fit. You're not who we are looking for." Those words still depresses me from that day, 3 years ago. I'm glad they got terminated from Canada.
My Second Family
Guest Services/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
I loved working here, the staff were wonderful individuals and shift-leads and managers were extremely helpful. They taught you most of the things you need to know, but don't be afraid to ask questions, they totally want to help you.

Expect some fun and joking around now and then, even the managers get in on it too...plus the odd prank livens the work day.
A disaster.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
A billion dollar idea that bombed. Lots of promises to employees and customers that never followed through. Awesome security and operation technology, but not enough dedication or man power to pull it off.
Pros
Easy high tech equipment for stock.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 November 2016
Pay could have been more but overall was a great experience. Company was pretty organized. Communication could have been better between management and employees.
A positive atmosphere before the ship started to sink.
Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
From my experience they took notice of who was doing what and how, and made an effort to help people reach their full potential. From the point of an employee things seemed to work fine, but I worked nights and did not see how empty the store was.
Pros
Recognition program, Good management
Cons
Unsteady shifts
fun fast and friendly
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 November 2016
this was an amazing place to work with understand staff and managers one of the funnest and best places ive worked at the 3 F's were the main policy which mean fun fast and friendly
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.
Quiet and comfortable place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy was located into the mall. The OTC are was large and the counters, shelves and furniture were new.
I worked by myself and It got very busy when was flu season
Pros
secure place to work, discount for employees at the other departments
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval