Target Employee Reviews

Cashier& Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 September 2016
Target was a great place to work, Too bad they closed down. You got great hours and could pick up shifts whenever you wanted. I enjoyed working at Target.
Pros
great hours
Cons
overly priced
Poor work environment
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 September 2016
Though I had a lot of great coworkers that became fast friends from working there. Very little good to say about the actual employment there in general.
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 April 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 March 2016
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not being notified of scheduling changes
Was fun while it lasted....
Receiving/Grocery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East York, ON7 June 2016
Not a bad place to work, however shifts were short, and there wasn't the number of hours promised. Sorry it had to close its operations in Canada.
Cons
Short shifts, not as many as promised...
Professional environment
Pharmacist Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
It was a very professional environment and I learned something new everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them. My manager was always willing to help and was very approachable.
Pros
I got to work with professionals
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 February 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 April 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
great place to gain new experience
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 April 2016
flexible schedule to work around school. very unfortunate the company closed. i really enjoyed working at target. learned cash duties and floor duties as well because they cross train the team members.
A very fun group of people to work with. The company's HQ had high demands on meeting sales quotas. But our group of people tried our best.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2016
The team members I worked with were all great hard working people. I worked early morning shifts and had to start pre-dawn hours with lots of perky people. I enjoyed starting the day fresh so I was in charge of my personal work load. I learned to use pda's, search on a specific computer system to find information, and work with different groups of people to complete tasks.
Pros
discount on all purchases
Cons
short lunch hours and not enough working hours
Guest Services Cashier, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 March 2016
Good place to work, learned to work within a team, gained skills in customer services, and general on goings of retail. Learned cashier duties, front end goal such as promoting red cards, dealing with difficult costumers, assisting with costumer inquiries and requests
Amazing experience working at Target
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
It was fun working at Target. I really liked the work environment over there. The staff, leaders were so cheerful and helpful. Everyone was willing to learn and help each other when needed. Overall, It was an amazing experience working at Target
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
Productive, Fun and Memorable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such amazing people, having such amazing managers and also working for such an amazing company..
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to advance
Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 May 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience