Target Employee Reviews

Good pay
Merchandise flow team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2016
The job was not described to us very well due to lack of timing we just had start off right away since Christmas was close and we had to deliver good customer service and fill the shelves on the floor and make store presentable to customers. The management was having hard time too with keeping up with the sales and by the end of the year we managed $1 million sales in the month of Christmas.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
A Target Flow Team Member's Responsibilities
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be stocking the store merchandise unloading the morning shipment we receive and helping guests at anytime. I learned that team work was essential to finish all tasks by the end of our shift. The management was great they were very involved with their employees, the co-workers there were also amazing as they were just really down to earth. the hardest part about the job was the very early mornings that need a lot of your morning energy. the most enjoyable part about the job was the versatility within what department i could work in.
was a fun work place
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 21, 2016
i loved target , benefits and working with a bunch of other people in a big store. i learned how to multitask very well, i loved serving the clients there they were all friendly.
Pros
had great breaks, and got good discount, good team work
Cons
store closed down
Productive, Fun and Memorable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such amazing people, having such amazing managers and also working for such an amazing company..
Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
Fun in the beginning
Sales Associate /Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work at to when i was looking to increase my skills of customer service and retail, but slowly changed and management started to shift away from the family ideals and move toward treating everyone as subordinates.
Very Productive and a fun place to work
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Amazing place to work, miss it everyday. Learned so many valuable skills that I will take with me to my next job/ career. Everyone I worked with was so invaluable. Getting new products in was the most exciting part of my day there and meeting new people
Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONMay 23, 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience
my time at target
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Target, there was a lot of fun people there. These right people made it enjoyable to do the work that was required of you. I think that if Target had come into Canada differently they would still be here, i think they opened to many stores of the hope. The customers where also part of the problem expecting it to be like target in the states when that's not possible, with the laws being different and so
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
friendly environment
Sales Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 9, 2016
I definitely enjoyed working for Target. It was an unforgettable experience. I learned a lot working here and there was always a friendly environment.
Fun and fast pace for the first 3 hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The managers were the best managers I've had. They were mice and understanding. The job itself was alright. It got repetitive after a couple months. They did move me around to cashier and night shift sometimes.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Repetitiveness
Fantastic Business That Cared For Me
Cashier/Sales Associate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 23, 2016
While management was often questionable and made odd choices on who received what positions; I have never had a job that made me feel like a part of the family quite like Target did.
Productive team work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
It was a good environment, good team work on daily basis friendly associates to work with. I enjoyed working there it was great!!
Productive Work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 31, 2016
Target was a great experience! It was my first job so I learned quite a lot from this experience. It's still very unfortunate that the company has closed. It was a great place to work while it lasted!
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Company Issues, and the store is now closed.
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
Pros
Way too much to list
Cons
Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
So sad its gone
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 23, 2016
This was by far the best place i have ever worked at, full benefits, good hours, good teamwork, great employees all around from all the levels, so much respect towards one another, this job is truly missed!