Target Employee Reviews

Average
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2014
The job/work balance was difficult but the culture and environment was positive. I learned many management processes that made it possible for me to develop a positive team environment. I developed and refined my communication skills. I learned important knowledge on how to get the most out of my team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant deadlines. These were beneficial to keep us accountable and consistent, but the goals that they set were sometimes unrealistic.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with other co-workers and managers to accomplish different goals.
Pros
great benefits and pay, had an awesome work culture that kept people postive and motivated.
Cons
long hours and sporadic schedule
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
A customer centered and fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
It was a great place to work while I was there, and I thought it was unfortunate they closed. Everyday it was emphasized that the customer was the most important, and we were encourage to ask every guest if they needed assistance.
fun fast and friendly
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 November 2016
this was an amazing place to work with understand staff and managers one of the funnest and best places ive worked at the 3 F's were the main policy which mean fun fast and friendly
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 May 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours
The end is near, but it was good while it lasted
GSTL (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
Target Canada started off by recruiting numerous numbers of experienced managers from different fields with much more salary than what it seemed necessary. Scouting talents was a success, yet the company lacked in planning and executing daily operations. Canadian employees were stuck between the most unorganized distribution centre imaginable/ American managements clueless on Canadian Market, vs ignorant consumers not yet ready to take on what Target had to offer.

So many things could be fixed for the better outcome if we were to go back in time...

Just remember to be nice to target employees as they have done nothing but to provide great guest service to everyone.
Pros
Salary, Family like co-workers, newly opened company with new interior and ideas
Cons
Not going to continue what is easily accessible on the news
fun
Target (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 January 2017
it was fun but the store closed and that was a bummer!! cashier and customer service was easy and the co workers were extremely nice
Store Mgr not professional. Negative (fake) environment/culture
ETL (Former Employee) –  ancaster8 December 2014
As ETL (Executive Team Leader) witnessed first hand the culture and motivation of Target Canada. Its no surprise that the canadian locations are failing miserably as the American culture Target has driven into the staff is not "fitting." This starts within the store at the Store Manager position but is easily seen in the DM, the Resources (from out of store) and the drone HR dept.
THE BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION is WORK/LIFE BALANCE. On the surface the company promotes work life balance but does not execute this theory into practice. In fact its quite the opposite that TARGET canada delivers the message. If you are not devoted to 60 hour work weeks then you are not going to be successful. The higher ups are not a resource. They bring in a passive aggressive style to make things even more cloudy for someone who is trying to do their best in this environment. If your manager's name is Hala better off to avoid this place unless you like be treated as an inferior.
Pros
salary
Cons
fake culture, no work life balance, store mgr
Low wage, no guaranteed hours, wacky management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 January 2015
Coworkers were the only thing that made this job fun. There really is a sense of culture and family at Target. I miss my coworkers dearly, but not Team Leaders or ETLs. They tended to micromanage, worrying about if someone's pants were the right shade of khaki, or if their shirt is burgundy not red.

Minimum wage, never any raises or benefits for sales floor employees. I would get 38 hours weekly, not 40, to avoid paying me benefits. They would only schedule me one shift per week, and call me in daily for the other days.
Pros
Team spirit, occasional free snacks or lunch
Cons
Disorganized, no job security, no benefits
fast and fun
Backroom/Shipping & Reciving/Stocking, (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 October 2016
loved working here and loved the team members that worked there. always fast and motivated to get goals reached on a fast time line. and i also loved the smell of the candies/chocolates..mmm...
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Sales Floor/Cashier/Starbucks/Instocks (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target Canada was one of the most amazing places to work for. just sue that they had to shut down. i had lots of fun working there! it was a Fast, Fun and friendly place to work.
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 May 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora On2 May 2015
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Pros
Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons
There was not a regular shift schedule.
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON25 June 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
entertainment and making ginger houses
Cashier and fitting room member. (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 December 2013
My work experience in Target was good we had good leaders who pays much attention to the employees ,give them good salary and also they are more concerned with the security of their workers where by they need every employee to be safe,secure and comfortable with the work he or she is doing.The leaders are very organized ,social and friendly to everyone and their management seems to be good. but I never saw any cultural activities at Target.In general i can say it is a good company ever.The hardest part was zoning because you can zone right now but after five minutes the place looks maze again and the most enjoyable part was cashier is just meeting with different smiling faces attending to them and that is it.for my job at Target I was payed $10.75 . I have worked with this company for several months but they refused to schedule me as other students because of my age.
Pros
free 15 minutes break
Cons
working to late hours
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 May 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.