Target

15.2K reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cash and Guest services attendant Target Canada
Cashier & Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 20, 2015
Working with people on the sales floor, and on cash. Greeting guest, looking for items in back rooms or on the floor. Returns, purchases, and re packaging. Selling, target master cards, tending to all jobs when needed.
nice and easy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 16, 2015
great team of coworkers and had snacks during holidays, customers were hard to deal with at times complaining about the lack of stock on shelves
Keeps you on your toes!
Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONNovember 13, 2015
Very busy office with great staff and patients. There was always something new to learn. Helpful staff with a lot of patience.
great area very accessible by public transportation
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: easy work system
Cons: long hours
fun work place with supportive management and great discount. I enjoyed working with the great staff as they we always willing to lend a hand when needed.
poorly managed
Price Accuracy - (Former Employee), Stratford, ONNovember 6, 2015
promotions were based on who you knew, not who could do the job best. those with actual retail experience were pushed out by insecure management that came from backgrounds with no retail experience.
poorly run
Great Team-building experience
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: not advancing as you'd hope to even tho you learned a few titles along with your current role.
I learned other job titles during my training as we all helped set up for the grand opening at the metrotown location. I learned how to backstock, product count, flyer sales team who put out throughout the whole store place sale tags according to the flyer, and make adjustments if tags missing or had mistakes fix; then reprint. so there were sometimes I'd be pulling a double shift, multitasking at it's best. put-back items, restocking, food market detailing, branding overall entire store. communication skills, team oriented, product knowledge, learning basic store layout for customer help.
Enjoyable while it lasted!
Presentation Team Leader (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 4, 2015
While job security is obviously not exactly great, what with the company closing and all, while it lasted it was a great place to work. Respectful leadership, a fun environment, plenty of opportunity to improve and advance, and made some good friends and colleagues I hope to keep in touch with for a long time to come.
Poductive, Always things to do to keep busy
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: none
Fun place to work with supportive team members. Always something to do to keep busy. Enjoyed public interaction. Learned a lot about how important it is to keep things organized and clean so that customers can have an easy shopping experience.
Productive and fun
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Store Closed
It was a positive workplace with excellent management. They focused on team building and company growth. We were rewarded often for our excellent work ethic. Management created a friendly environment by hosting potlucks and recreational outings. Unfortunately, target had to shut down so my time there was short, but worth it.
Fun and stressfull
Electronics team member (Former Employee), sherway mallNovember 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: target was closimg
typical day at work involved answering questions about our merchandise. I learned how to work under pressure and multitask. My co workers where very helpful and cheerful at work.The hardest part of my work was to help guests to the best of my abilities while multi tasking my work load. The enjoyable part of my job was to spend time with my coworkers and helping the guests find what they are looking for.
Difficult place to work once Liquidation came. Lost Job at the end.
Electronic's Team Leader (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Great Team
Cons: Liquidation and Loss of Job
Working at Target was Difficult. When we got our new Manager, he was a jerk and he didn't like the fact that I just finished high school and was promoted to a Electronics Team Leader. so he treated me very poorly. Liquidation then came and everything broke loose. everyone was upset and everyone was tired of getting yelled at by customers. honestly, we all wanted it to end at that point. be everything before that was fun to work at! enjoyed the team culture and meeting new people who made a big difference in my life! As much as I liked working there, i was quite happy to get my package and leave.
unappreciative managment
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2015
target was a fun environment work place while we were trying to get the store open for grand opening, after that the management team was horrible
Enjoyable workplace with great employees.
Brand Attendant (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Ocasional free lunches
Cons: Worked lots along with playing sports
Target was a great place to work it was a fast paced work environment. There were many great hardworking employees that were easy to get along with.
Fun Workplace
Sales, Team Lead (Former Employee), Fergus, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Good Team members
Cons: They closed
Working at Target was a fun, fast paced job which required me to focus and always be ready for something new.
Working as a team lead I was required to train other employees and make sure the floor was always organized and up to Target standards.
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: long hours
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Productive and fun environment, always feels like a family.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: always for the employees
Cons: they closed down
If they ever came back I would be there in seconds! It was a great place to work and feel accepted not one person was different than any other but we still knew who the bosses were.
Overall, a really fun and great place to work. It was sad to have to leave in the end.
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Great Work Atmosphere, Flexible Hours, Understanding Management
Cons: Difficult to Address Issues at Times, Never Any Product that was Needed, Bankruptcy
Working at Target was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was in school at the time which made it difficult but my supervisors were extremely helpful in making sure that I kept up with my schooling and also received enough hours to pay for living. I was a Sales Floor Team Member which means I was responsible for stocking shelves, making sure everything looked presentable for guests, and helping said guests with any problem they had that related to our store. I was also responsible for covering the electronics section when the team member would step off the floor for their break. This means there was a lot that needed to be learned in case someone had a question and watching over the keys that unlocked the cases to the high price items was very important. The hardest part of the job was making sure that guests were always happy. Sometimes it was easy to help out a guest but a lot of the time it was difficult. Some people would be angry or frustrated and it's difficult to keep that from effecting how you interact with the team members. A lot of us were yelled at and called names and it was difficult to not take it personally, but eventually, you learn to shrug it off. A lot of it came from being up as a cashier, which I also did from time to time. What I learned though is that everyone has a story. The man who came in looking for tampons may be buying them for his embarrassed daughter, so don't laugh. The woman who was frustrated and took her anger out on you because you were out of her type of shampoo may have just had a really long day at work and really – more... just wants to go home and have a nice, long bath, so don't take it personally. And even your fellow team members have a story, but no matter what it is, you must all look out for each other. – less
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee), Red Deer AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: the self check outs running slow or crashing
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Great Team Culture
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Work life Balance
Cons: Closed Canada early, should have given it some more time
Super work life balance ,well treated by upper management team leaders. Plenty of room to grow all the way from Team Member to leaders and lots of recognition for members doing their job. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job was that it was my second family.
awesome prices
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2015
Target was a great experence and i would reccomed everybody to work there becuase they have amzing things on sale and great deals on everthing in the store.
Headquarters