Target Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 May 2017
I typically stock items on shelves, and process payments, i am responsible for keeping the store tidy, and associating with customers, the management is good, and the most enjoyable part is communicating with customers.
Pros
Cons
Student hours
i rode carts around that was my fun
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2017
it was ok i had an experience a few where pretty cool i wouldnt say id work there again not for me but was ok i tended to just do my work and such felt weird cause i caught alot of my old friends stealing
Pros
a vending machine
Cons
boredom
Target Canada is now closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
While working at Target I had a great time. First job, and it was friendly but still filled with responsibilities. Learned a lot from it, however management could use a bit of work.
Target was awesome! Until it closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
Management wasn't the greatest, but the rest of the job was awesome. We had free food and events. The job was workable, with hours being easily negotiated.
Poor Management - Reason for closing down
Reverse Logistics (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON5 May 2017
Management team do not know what they are doing no control of everything happening in the store.
Team leader are not leading the team do not know how to run the store.
Pros
relaxing no pressure
Cons
poor management
Great management
Sales Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 May 2017
Target was a great place to work while it was still open in Canada. Training was very detailed and thorough, staff was always welcoming to new workers and customers.
gone
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
this was a great leaning experience and the environment was fast paced. It is a shame that they closed down they offered amazing advancement opportunities.
Pros
friendly
Cons
gone
Part time position
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
Target is closed down and no longer a job option for anyone living in Canada. More of a high school job position, management was young and not a lot of training was given.
Great Learning Experience
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2017
I enjoyed learning new skills, such as stock and interacting with the public. Gaining experience selling the "Red Card" was valuable experience too. Management was okay and understanding.
Haha
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Great company to work with. However they don't exist in Canada anymore so I would suggest to forget about them entirely. They were a great company to work with.
Fun while it lasted
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Overnight shifts at Target were not easy! Heavy lifting, shifts went from 10 PM-6:30 AM, and they were not very organized when sending merchandise to our store!
Fun and safe work environment
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 April 2017
At typical day of work involves receiving, stocking and selling merchandise. The management is awesome and genuinely care about the safety and health of their employees. The workplace atmosphere is good and if any problems occur the management handles it well. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands and the most enjoyable part is the sense of community.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, discounts, safety, breaks
Cons
physically demanding, repetitive
A great company to work for!
Store Manager - STL (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 April 2017
A typical day at Target..busy, fun, guest experience, planograms, replenishment, innovation, collaboration, resiliency, flexibility.
I learned so much about running a retail operation during my time at Target. In the end, after the announcement for the Canadian operations closing spring of 2015, it was my job to run the store, keep the morale up among the team and facilitate the liquidation process.
Pros
The people, the culture and the knowledge.
Cons
Long hours and challenges in Canada
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 April 2017
Target really strives to bring the best out of you as an individual, and to utilize those skills every day on the sales floor. You really encounter a sense of belonging, and an almost family feel with fellow employees.
Pros
Lots of fun events for employees.
Cons
Often understaffed
Awesome company
Distribution Center and Online Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
good work environment. Good co workers. work place is very nice. hard work. Good week end parties and nice work location. Very hard to clear the interview and all the latest technologies are used in Target
Great Experience!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
This was one of my favorite experiences being employed. I was so excited to hear when Target was opening up in Winnipeg and across Canada and instantly.. I applied for multiple positions. I got the call, had the interview and I got the job. It was the most friendly interview process i have ever experienced. Also a notable mention that we had a paid orientation and a very detailed training that truly made me feel confident on my own around the store. I worked lots of cashier, customer service, sales floor and a lot of stocking and re-shop. My schedule was part time however shortly after being with Target they noticed my good work ethic and would deliberately call me because I was very reliable and committed to working at Target.. So it was a big plus for me, I got like 20 hours added to each week I was pretty well 20 hours off full time. It was very unfortunate that Target failed as a business/contract and had to close down, they had to let me go due to foreclosure however I will forever be happy with this experience!
Pros
Friendliest Workplace Envrionment
Cons
Cashier could get boring after 8 hours..
Understanding Environment
Brand Attendant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 March 2017
The people who worked with me were always kind and I cherish the laughs I had with the friends I made while working here. Everyone was accepting of other's differences.
Pros
Discounts, family hiring
Cons
Other positions within store were unavailable
Awesome place to work
Presentation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL11 March 2017
I worked here while it was in Canada and would still be there today if it didn't close down. The company provided a great starting salary, yearly bonus and the choice to work overtime. Management were great leaders and the company was very supportive of there staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Business moved out of Canada
One of the best places to work.
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2017
Everyone got along, management takes care of their employees, room to cross-train, lots of team work, opportunities to pick up more hours, always learning new things, etc.
Pros
Management always took care of you; free lunches, activities, giveaways, etc.
Cons
It closed in Canada.
Thought we were a an American market
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 March 2017
No communication
Hours varied from 3:30am-12pm, than 11pm-7am than 6am-4pm etc...
Unloaded truck on a everyday basis, than unloaded stock on to the sales floor.
Working with the group I worked with out back
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Undecided shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval