Target Employee Reviews

Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 April 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
Short but Enjoyable Work Experience
Fitting Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 July 2016
Very friendly and down to earth coworkers making the job more enjoyable. Allowed for plenty of interaction with customers. Customer service becomes difficult when dealing with difficult customers but this only allowed for situational learning and how to improve both social skills and appropriate actions under stressful or uncomfortable situations. The team leaders were all very friendly and dedicated to their job. They allowed for direction when needed and detailed instruction regarding duties. My typical day at work involved regular routines which I was able to perfect and feel confident about, allowing me to enjoy each day. Overall, I did not have any complaints with this job.
Pros
worked around school schedule, friendly people
Cons
closed down within a year
awesome place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target was a great place to work and I really miss working there. I started as a seasonal backroom attendant then I then decicded to keep me as a fulltime team member. I moved from backroom to salesfloor for a few months which I applied for cosmetics merch brand attendant where I was resonsible for cosmetics, OTC, pharmacy and the health and beauty department. I liked work with everyone at target as we where like family and all worked well as a team.
Pros
great team members
Effective way to learn and experience pharmacist profession in a retail setting
Volunteer Pharmacy Assistant/technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2016
I was not a full employee with Target, I was a volunteer through the pharmacy portion and wasn't associated with the Target management. However, from what I experienced with the pharmacists, the employees are very kind and provide a safe and comfortable work environment. The pharmacists were very insightful and taught me how to do the daily tasks of a pharmacists.
Pros
gained experience in this field
Cons
not enough time there in the week
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to advance
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta14 October 2015
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
the self check outs running slow or crashing
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 April 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 February 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2015
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Pros
A customer centered and fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
It was a great place to work while I was there, and I thought it was unfortunate they closed. Everyday it was emphasized that the customer was the most important, and we were encourage to ask every guest if they needed assistance.
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 April 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 March 2016
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not being notified of scheduling changes
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.
A disaster.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
A billion dollar idea that bombed. Lots of promises to employees and customers that never followed through. Awesome security and operation technology, but not enough dedication or man power to pull it off.
Pros
Easy high tech equipment for stock.
Cons
Everything else.