Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
Big Mistake
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Was a manager for softlines obviously target is gone from canada now so i really dont need to say much in this regards its sad that it was poorly managed
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 26, 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
great place to gain new experience
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 25, 2016
flexible schedule to work around school. very unfortunate the company closed. i really enjoyed working at target. learned cash duties and floor duties as well because they cross train the team members.
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Professional environment
Pharmacist Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
It was a very professional environment and I learned something new everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them. My manager was always willing to help and was very approachable.
Pros
I got to work with professionals
They went under
Hardlines Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 11, 2016
This is pointless review as they no longer operate in Canada, They messed up their supply chain badly couldn't stock the shelves the rest is history.
Effective way to learn and experience pharmacist profession in a retail setting
Volunteer Pharmacy Assistant/technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2016
I was not a full employee with Target, I was a volunteer through the pharmacy portion and wasn't associated with the Target management. However, from what I experienced with the pharmacists, the employees are very kind and provide a safe and comfortable work environment. The pharmacists were very insightful and taught me how to do the daily tasks of a pharmacists.
Pros
gained experience in this field
Cons
not enough time there in the week
Target Vernon was an amazing place to work the people are great
Flow Te'am Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCApril 7, 2016
I love the Target I worked for in Vernon. It helped me find my strengths again.

The management team was awesome and saw the potential that I have, even though I could no longer see in myself.
Pros
There were lots of fun interaction and a lot of free food.
Cons
The biggest con is that the company it's self did not make it.
Fantastic Business That Cared For Me
Cashier/Sales Associate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 23, 2016
While management was often questionable and made odd choices on who received what positions; I have never had a job that made me feel like a part of the family quite like Target did.
So sad its gone
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 23, 2016
This was by far the best place i have ever worked at, full benefits, good hours, good teamwork, great employees all around from all the levels, so much respect towards one another, this job is truly missed!
Amazing experience working at Target
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
It was fun working at Target. I really liked the work environment over there. The staff, leaders were so cheerful and helpful. Everyone was willing to learn and help each other when needed. Overall, It was an amazing experience working at Target
Fun in the beginning
Sales Associate /Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work at to when i was looking to increase my skills of customer service and retail, but slowly changed and management started to shift away from the family ideals and move toward treating everyone as subordinates.
was a fun work place
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 21, 2016
i loved target , benefits and working with a bunch of other people in a big store. i learned how to multitask very well, i loved serving the clients there they were all friendly.
Pros
had great breaks, and got good discount, good team work
Cons
store closed down
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Guest Services Cashier, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 18, 2016
Good place to work, learned to work within a team, gained skills in customer services, and general on goings of retail. Learned cashier duties, front end goal such as promoting red cards, dealing with difficult costumers, assisting with costumer inquiries and requests
Good until shutdown.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 18, 2016
Best place I've worked for. Lots of recognition from Target for outstanding employee services. Good co-workers with little to no hassles or drama.