Target Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
Fun and fast pace for the first 3 hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The managers were the best managers I've had. They were mice and understanding. The job itself was alright. It got repetitive after a couple months. They did move me around to cashier and night shift sometimes.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Repetitiveness
good place
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONFebruary 14, 2016
great team members and leaders. business was slow fun place to work too bad it closed and is no longer open good job though
I am happy to work with Target cowokers.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 9, 2016
Although the Target Canada was not in good commercial business, I still remember the days I worked there. I am happy to work with Target coworkers.
Make sure the store was in order for the opening.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Typical day at work was the insure all stock was located in proper shelf orders. Shelves where full with product areas were clean. etc.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not Enough Shifts
Great Team Environment. It's too bad the company wasn't able to succeed in Canada.
Cash Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 5, 2016
Great team of cashiers and management staff. Everyone was very helpful and the work environment was friendly and family oriented.
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
Cons
A very fun group of people to work with. The company's HQ had high demands on meeting sales quotas. But our group of people tried our best.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 4, 2016
The team members I worked with were all great hard working people. I worked early morning shifts and had to start pre-dawn hours with lots of perky people. I enjoyed starting the day fresh so I was in charge of my personal work load. I learned to use pda's, search on a specific computer system to find information, and work with different groups of people to complete tasks.
Pros
discount on all purchases
Cons
short lunch hours and not enough working hours
i worked with great people
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
i enjoyed working at Target just the same problem, there wasn't enough hours and we were always over staffed. Loved the people i worked with and the managers were nice.
first job, not a great company to work for
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 3, 2016
i did cashing and sales for target, management was OK, felt like they knew they were going to close their stores in Canada. co workers were OK, not driven, not motivated. Hardest part of the job was to attend a full shift.
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to advance
Productive Work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 31, 2016
Target was a great experience! It was my first job so I learned quite a lot from this experience. It's still very unfortunate that the company has closed. It was a great place to work while it lasted!
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Company Issues, and the store is now closed.
Good pay
Merchandise flow team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2016
The job was not described to us very well due to lack of timing we just had start off right away since Christmas was close and we had to deliver good customer service and fill the shelves on the floor and make store presentable to customers. The management was having hard time too with keeping up with the sales and by the end of the year we managed $1 million sales in the month of Christmas.
mostly fun and productive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Real star has/had some great managers and staff in head office. The staff at the buildings not so much. stoke to residents that they were trash, and beneath them. Very judgement people.
Great people to work with, Nice place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 27, 2016
it was a great place to work to bad it did not stay longer. Thunder Bay was the top 10 stores in Canada, and I am glad I got to be a part of such a wonderful experience.
Pros
Everyone that worked there was like family.
Cons
Target Pulled out of Canada
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
Comfortable and Fun Work Environment
Seasonal Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 26, 2016
A typical work day at Target for a flow team member starts once you punch in, you begin by unloading the boxed up products from the truck onto skids that will be pushed onto the sales floor. Once the truck is down all team members unpack products and place them in their correct spots on the shelves. Help make store presentable before store opening. Once the store has opened team members push products onto shelves from shopping carts until shift is over.

I learned quicker ways to push products on shelves, and quick ways to unload the trucks safely.

Managment was okay, certain decisions were questionable but overall they got the important things down fast.

My co-workers were very enjoyable to work with and get along as a team.

The hardest part of the job is the early hours, and you getting the right amount of sleep before your shift starts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team with everyone who made it an enjoyable environment and pushed everybody to be better.
Pros
Fun co-workers, free lunches
Cons
Early morning shift starts
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
Uncertain schedules and random shifts
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Enjoyed working in Target. It has a great cultures of working environment. However it had a random shifts and less hour per week which wasn't enough to survive.
Pros
Permanent full time
Cons
random shifts and less hours
Socialable sales minded job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Human Resources made days fun with various contests and prizes to keep staff positive. Seeing customers get what they wanted with our help was most satisfying.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Hours per week sometimes too few