Target Employee Reviews

Quiet and comfortable place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy was located into the mall. The OTC are was large and the counters, shelves and furniture were new.
I worked by myself and It got very busy when was flu season
Pros
secure place to work, discount for employees at the other departments
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
fast and fun
Backroom/Shipping & Reciving/Stocking, (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 October 2016
loved working here and loved the team members that worked there. always fast and motivated to get goals reached on a fast time line. and i also loved the smell of the candies/chocolates..mmm...
awesome place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target was a great place to work and I really miss working there. I started as a seasonal backroom attendant then I then decicded to keep me as a fulltime team member. I moved from backroom to salesfloor for a few months which I applied for cosmetics merch brand attendant where I was resonsible for cosmetics, OTC, pharmacy and the health and beauty department. I liked work with everyone at target as we where like family and all worked well as a team.
Pros
great team members
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Sales Floor/Cashier/Starbucks/Instocks (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target Canada was one of the most amazing places to work for. just sue that they had to shut down. i had lots of fun working there! it was a Fast, Fun and friendly place to work.
A customer centered and fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
It was a great place to work while I was there, and I thought it was unfortunate they closed. Everyday it was emphasized that the customer was the most important, and we were encourage to ask every guest if they needed assistance.
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Learned a lot about customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON14 September 2016
I learned a lot about customer service in Target, esoecially about retail. It's a good and fun place to work; every one had a very welcoming attitude.
Family/friendly best place ive worked at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Candiac14 September 2016
Friendly,outgoing, family feeling environment respected everyone's beliefs loved the staff management and benefits
Pros
Meetings to make sure everythingnand everyone was ok.
Cons
Healthcare
Poor work environment
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 September 2016
Though I had a lot of great coworkers that became fast friends from working there. Very little good to say about the actual employment there in general.
Cashier& Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 September 2016
Target was a great place to work, Too bad they closed down. You got great hours and could pick up shifts whenever you wanted. I enjoyed working at Target.
Pros
great hours
Cons
overly priced
too short of a stay
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
Wanted to stay with them for a longer period of time. Sad it worked out the way it did. Was so happy when l was hired thought it would have been a dream job and lifelong employment.
Pros
Goals met pizza party
Cons
Not enough hours
It was nice at first
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
It was nice at first as Target had a lot of good things going for it. My direct manager was a wonderful person who taught me a whole bunch, but those above them really didn't know what they were doing.
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Life has an infinite number of possibilities and your ability to achieve success is limited only by your imagination. However, there are always trade-offs and sometimes moving in one direction prevents you from moving in another.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
nice co-workers, easily understood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON18 July 2016
- Stocking shelves, maintain a clean workplace, help customers with transactions, operated gas pump computer
- Learned a lot of customer service experience, cashier experience
- Easy going and fun to work with
- good co-workers
- Dealing with upset customers due to things that were beyond my control (pumps pumping gas too slow)
Pros
flexible hours, happy environment
Cons
measuring gas volumes
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 July 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.