Target Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Pros
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora OnMay 2, 2015
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Pros
Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons
There was not a regular shift schedule.
Productive and great environment of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I worked as sales at the athletic center of Target. Where daily activities would include helping out customers find the items they need.
Working here has helped me learn a lot on how to handle specific situations. Where the customer may have a short temper or strong opinions on certain things. This improved both my communications skills and being able to handle situations being on the spot
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 12, 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Great Workplace
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 18, 2016
I loved working at Target. It was my first job and I learned so much and grew excellent relationships with the team. The team and store were of the best in not only our personal district, but the entire country. I believe it was because of the strong management team, which without their positivity and drive the store wouldn't have flourished in our town the way it did.
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 25, 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 4, 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
Pros
Way too much to list
Cons
Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
The end is near, but it was good while it lasted
GSTL (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Target Canada started off by recruiting numerous numbers of experienced managers from different fields with much more salary than what it seemed necessary. Scouting talents was a success, yet the company lacked in planning and executing daily operations. Canadian employees were stuck between the most unorganized distribution centre imaginable/ American managements clueless on Canadian Market, vs ignorant consumers not yet ready to take on what Target had to offer.

So many things could be fixed for the better outcome if we were to go back in time...

Just remember to be nice to target employees as they have done nothing but to provide great guest service to everyone.
Pros
salary, family like co-workers, newly opened company with new interior and ideas
Cons
not going to continue what is easily accessible on the news
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 4, 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Very Productive and a fun place to work
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Amazing place to work, miss it everyday. Learned so many valuable skills that I will take with me to my next job/ career. Everyone I worked with was so invaluable. Getting new products in was the most exciting part of my day there and meeting new people
Low wage, no guaranteed hours, wacky management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Coworkers were the only thing that made this job fun. There really is a sense of culture and family at Target. I miss my coworkers dearly, but not Team Leaders or ETLs. They tended to micromanage, worrying about if someone's pants were the right shade of khaki, or if their shirt is burgundy not red.

Minimum wage, never any raises or benefits for sales floor employees. I would get 38 hours weekly, not 40, to avoid paying me benefits. They would only schedule me one shift per week, and call me in daily for the other days.
Pros
team spirit, occasional free snacks or lunch
Cons
disorganized, no job security, no benefits
Great learning job for management
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCApril 11, 2015
Always fun to go to work, there was always challenges in a day of work.
Most of all I learned to be a better manager, How to get the best out of my team, performance.
-The was great leaders has management, always there to help and teach for you to become better, very supportive.
great team atmosphere, great employer, all working together, no jealousy.
The hardest part of my work was: ???
The best part of my work was the daily challenges.
Pros
great company to work for leaning and prositure
Cons
salary
Fantastic Business That Cared For Me
Cashier/Sales Associate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 23, 2016
While management was often questionable and made odd choices on who received what positions; I have never had a job that made me feel like a part of the family quite like Target did.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Life has an infinite number of possibilities and your ability to achieve success is limited only by your imagination. However, there are always trade-offs and sometimes moving in one direction prevents you from moving in another.
Pros
3 weeks vacation