Target

15.2K reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed the experience until the end
Flow team member (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Lots of free lunches but I don't eat on the job
Cons: I worked when they asked me to
Its was a disappointment when they closed us down. I was invited to learn every aspect of retail dealings as well as behind the scenes management to some extremes
Nice people made it a good place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: awesome staff, great environment, good supervisors, very little stress
Never stressed as the bosses made it easy to get through a day with great communication. Work was good and kept you busy good atmosphere with fellow employees
Great Place to work... while it lasted
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
The people and general store vibe was great. Everyone from management down all pitched in and helped complete all the days tasks.
my time at target
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Target, there was a lot of fun people there. These right people made it enjoyable to do the work that was required of you. I think that if Target had come into Canada differently they would still be here, i think they opened to many stores of the hope. The customers where also part of the problem expecting it to be like target in the states when that's not possible, with the laws being different and so
It was okay
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 28, 2015
I worked mornings, which was perfect for my schedule. I was very displeased with management, however, as they would schedule my team for four hours each shift, while expecting us to stay for eight, and come in on days that weren't scheduled at last-minute notice (sometimes 20-40 minutes before the start of a shift).
Energetic and fun place to work at, with low work stress
Presentation and Electronics Team Member (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Supportive and encouraging team members and team leaders
Cons: Complaining guests
As the Presentation Team Member I implemented planograms for effective placement and display of merchandise in store.
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee), Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Way too much to list
Cons: Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
Great co-workers!
Instocks Team Member (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Fast Fun Friendly Events
Cons: Shift Work
I loved working with the public and with my staff. I like interacting with others, and only left because Target closed it's doors. However, Target closing it's doors allowed me to go back to school to obtain my Medical Office Administration Honours diploma.Good came out of being there!
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
Love it
Backroom/cashier/sales floor/ safety rep (Former Employee), Orleans, ONDecember 7, 2015
I love this place it is the best place to work. never has I enjoyed my job as much as I did while working at target, the team the guests and management has been amazing
The people were great, the hours not so much
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Low hours, low pay
Other cashiers and team members were very friendly. Hours were low, and so is the pay. Customers, like in any retail job, were difficult.
And well, then Target left Canada.
N/A
Crew Lead (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 2, 2015
There are good and bad apples wherever you go. The morning meetings were like going to church, that is how they keep you cult like.
Awesome place to work, with really driven people
Cashier/ Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Awesome people, decent salary, and occasional free lunches.
Cons: Understaffed on some occasions, forced into multiple roles and responsibilities during a shift
I started at Target Canada when they first attempted to move into the Canadian market, I worked there until I was laid off when it was announced that stores would be closing. During the period of a year and 10 months where I was employed by Target Canada I was taught many skills such as proper use of item pda for store item stocking, proficient use of point of sale machine, as well as a cart mover for collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
Great workplace
Softlines Team Leader (Former Employee), Brandon, MBNovember 30, 2015
It was a great place to work, people were amazing to work with. Always had fun incentives, small little parties in the break room with free food and such.
The great team made work fun and pushed us all to be hard workers.
Flow team member/secured instock team member (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Great workers, great attitude.
Cons: The store is no longer open.
Working for Target was a great experience. I loved working with the team of great people and it made it enjoyable to be there. Even after the store closed, we still worked as a team, my boss gave me an opportunity to work for him again at no frills. I worked with him in many different environments and jobs and I was sad to leave.
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Softline Team Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Well being was first
Cons: Staff overturn
Connect with you ETL or TL to ensure we were all on the same track when it came to giving direction to employee's ,as well as, to make sure that we knew what all the upcoming promotions were in order to provide excellent guest experiences and memorable moments.
Family orientated
Store Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 26, 2015
looks out for each other
always has fun working
great people
little supervision
always gives praises
has discounts
great customer values
Target
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 22, 2015
Pros: manager was very nice as well as the other co-workers
target was a good experience to begin with it taught me a lot of skills such as time management and dependability. Most days were slow not very busy. i enjoyed most about the job was helping customers, i enjoyed making other co workers day with my bright personality. I very much enjoyed being apart of the target team sadly it took bankruptcy and when out of business.
loved it
Soft lines and cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: no cons
a day at work would be very inviting. You wanted to go to work it was fun and open. The management made the environment very heartwarming. The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers.
Was fun while it lasted
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not enough hours
Working at Target was enjoyable, and the co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.
While I had applied for full-time permanent, I found myself constantly trying to snatch up extra shifts, and I was "terminated" after the busy Christmas season, and thanked for "joining the team and helping during the seasonal rush".
The manager livened up slow times by creating fun little games for the team, which made me feel like I was "one of the gang."
HR ladies were real sweethearts, and were always helpful, especially in the beginning, trying to figure out scheduling and the processes of taking extra shifts.
Headquarters