Target Employee Reviews

Part time position
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
Target is closed down and no longer a job option for anyone living in Canada. More of a high school job position, management was young and not a lot of training was given.
Great Learning Experience
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2017
I enjoyed learning new skills, such as stock and interacting with the public. Gaining experience selling the "Red Card" was valuable experience too. Management was okay and understanding.
Haha
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Great company to work with. However they don't exist in Canada anymore so I would suggest to forget about them entirely. They were a great company to work with.
Fun while it lasted
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Overnight shifts at Target were not easy! Heavy lifting, shifts went from 10 PM-6:30 AM, and they were not very organized when sending merchandise to our store!
Fun and safe work environment
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 April 2017
At typical day of work involves receiving, stocking and selling merchandise. The management is awesome and genuinely care about the safety and health of their employees. The workplace atmosphere is good and if any problems occur the management handles it well. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands and the most enjoyable part is the sense of community.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, discounts, safety, breaks
Cons
physically demanding, repetitive
A great company to work for!
Store Manager - STL (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 April 2017
A typical day at Target..busy, fun, guest experience, planograms, replenishment, innovation, collaboration, resiliency, flexibility.
I learned so much about running a retail operation during my time at Target. In the end, after the announcement for the Canadian operations closing spring of 2015, it was my job to run the store, keep the morale up among the team and facilitate the liquidation process.
Pros
The people, the culture and the knowledge.
Cons
Long hours and challenges in Canada
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 April 2017
Target really strives to bring the best out of you as an individual, and to utilize those skills every day on the sales floor. You really encounter a sense of belonging, and an almost family feel with fellow employees.
Pros
Lots of fun events for employees.
Cons
Often understaffed
Awesome company
Distribution Center and Online Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
good work environment. Good co workers. work place is very nice. hard work. Good week end parties and nice work location. Very hard to clear the interview and all the latest technologies are used in Target
Great Experience!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
This was one of my favorite experiences being employed. I was so excited to hear when Target was opening up in Winnipeg and across Canada and instantly.. I applied for multiple positions. I got the call, had the interview and I got the job. It was the most friendly interview process i have ever experienced. Also a notable mention that we had a paid orientation and a very detailed training that truly made me feel confident on my own around the store. I worked lots of cashier, customer service, sales floor and a lot of stocking and re-shop. My schedule was part time however shortly after being with Target they noticed my good work ethic and would deliberately call me because I was very reliable and committed to working at Target.. So it was a big plus for me, I got like 20 hours added to each week I was pretty well 20 hours off full time. It was very unfortunate that Target failed as a business/contract and had to close down, they had to let me go due to foreclosure however I will forever be happy with this experience!
Pros
Friendliest Workplace Envrionment
Cons
Cashier could get boring after 8 hours..
Understanding Environment
Brand Attendant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 March 2017
The people who worked with me were always kind and I cherish the laughs I had with the friends I made while working here. Everyone was accepting of other's differences.
Pros
Discounts, family hiring
Cons
Other positions within store were unavailable
Awesome place to work
Presentation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL11 March 2017
I worked here while it was in Canada and would still be there today if it didn't close down. The company provided a great starting salary, yearly bonus and the choice to work overtime. Management were great leaders and the company was very supportive of there staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Business moved out of Canada
One of the best places to work.
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2017
Everyone got along, management takes care of their employees, room to cross-train, lots of team work, opportunities to pick up more hours, always learning new things, etc.
Pros
Management always took care of you; free lunches, activities, giveaways, etc.
Cons
It closed in Canada.
Thought we were a an American market
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 March 2017
No communication
Hours varied from 3:30am-12pm, than 11pm-7am than 6am-4pm etc...
Unloaded truck on a everyday basis, than unloaded stock on to the sales floor.
Working with the group I worked with out back
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Undecided shifts
Shop Electronics and clothes
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 March 2017
I was enjoyed to checking on the list for accessories and I was fast processing the box. I want to make sure for a locker with DVD, Ipad and games and I checked on the list finish. I gave the list paper to Leadership or Executive.

There are a lot of clothes boxes. My team's women used to work for clothes and they need to help me I usually the memory clothes area for separate men, woman, kids and baby.
Pros
my team know lunch on time
Cons
30 mins
Great while it lasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC7 March 2017
Awesome place to work very fun loved working there very diverse discount sucked but wish it was wtill here in canada it was great while ot lasted .....
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Pay and breaks
Very valuable experience
Executive Team Lead Logistics (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 March 2017
Spent 1.5 years with Canadian version. Logistics manager for retail location. 12 to 14 hours most days. To little staff to complete daily needs of store. Great wages
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Company shut down
Great job.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
It was a very nice job because not only did we care for the clients, but the employees were very kind to one another. I learned a lot about customer service as well as client care.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Management and skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 February 2017
I start working as a part time sales associate but I got interested into other areas of the floor too so they gave me a training for cashier, electronic department, worked as an operator. It was a nice place to work also my management was really good always appreciate me for my work whatever I did.
overall decent place to work
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 February 2017
overall the store was a decent place to work however most of the guests that shopped there had said it was over priced and the products they wanted were never available
productive place of work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA18 February 2017
Typical day was receiving numerous calls and connecting them with the respective team members.
Learned great communication skills,intereacted alot with different individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.