Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONMay 23, 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience
Great place to work at
Target Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Management loves workers! Your job is to just be a kind person and always interact with guests to the store. 0 Compliants
Great Workplace
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 18, 2016
I loved working at Target. It was my first job and I learned so much and grew excellent relationships with the team. The team and store were of the best in not only our personal district, but the entire country. I believe it was because of the strong management team, which without their positivity and drive the store wouldn't have flourished in our town the way it did.
Broad and well organized work environment
Cashier/Register efficiency and Trust worthiness (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
On a typical day you can expect waves of customers depending on the time of day they are larger or smaller.
I learned to merchandise and work with barcodes and labels along with other transactional equipment.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of customers during holidays and having mismatched items and labels causing confusion.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team and coworkers along with the chance to network and meet new people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive tasks
fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive, Fun and Memorable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such amazing people, having such amazing managers and also working for such an amazing company..
friendly environment
Sales Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 9, 2016
I definitely enjoyed working for Target. It was an unforgettable experience. I learned a lot working here and there was always a friendly environment.
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
Productive and great environment of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I worked as sales at the athletic center of Target. Where daily activities would include helping out customers find the items they need.
Working here has helped me learn a lot on how to handle specific situations. Where the customer may have a short temper or strong opinions on certain things. This improved both my communications skills and being able to handle situations being on the spot
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 4, 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 2, 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.
Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
Big Mistake
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Was a manager for softlines obviously target is gone from canada now so i really dont need to say much in this regards its sad that it was poorly managed
The Best Team I have ever worked with.
Presentation Team Lead/Planogram (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 26, 2016
Target Canada treat us fairly outside of the closure. The management and team at Saint John Target was one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Fun Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Store closed
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Great Teamwork and an Inviting Atmosphere
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at target was an amazing experience for me. At target I was exposed to an amazing team of workers who gave their exceptional best to get the job done. I was part of a team that worked together for the best of the store. The management at target was made up of strong leading individuals who supported their crew and recognised all hard work.
great place to gain new experience
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 25, 2016
flexible schedule to work around school. very unfortunate the company closed. i really enjoyed working at target. learned cash duties and floor duties as well because they cross train the team members.
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Professional environment
Pharmacist Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
It was a very professional environment and I learned something new everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them. My manager was always willing to help and was very approachable.
Pros
I got to work with professionals