Target Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
Target was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. Work life balance was perfect, and the management team cared about your well- being. The team was more like a family, even being in a big department store, we always had events that brought the team together. The overall atmosphere was amazing and you were excited to go into work everyday. Definitely a very sad situation to know they are no longer in canada
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
productive and fun worktime with nice co-workers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2016
a typical day at work would be lifting boxes in warehouses. i learned how to manage my time with the work and also the company's management is nice and understanding. fun and nice co-workers. hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes and the enjoyable part is working with nice people.
Pros
nice co-workers
Awesome place to work
Presentation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL11 March 2017
I worked here while it was in Canada and would still be there today if it didn't close down. The company provided a great starting salary, yearly bonus and the choice to work overtime. Management were great leaders and the company was very supportive of there staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Business moved out of Canada
Good job.
Warehouse Worker + Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get in and start by going to the front end as a brand attendant but as a warehouse worker I would go straight to the warehouse and start work immediately. I learned how to organize the warehouse and operate pallet jacks and a cardboard baler proficiently. Management was friendly but a little scattered and didn't really have good coordination with one another. Co-workers were friendly and good workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers most of the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting merchandising deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches and events.
Cons
Poor coordination of management
Shop Electronics and clothes
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 March 2017
I was enjoyed to checking on the list for accessories and I was fast processing the box. I want to make sure for a locker with DVD, Ipad and games and I checked on the list finish. I gave the list paper to Leadership or Executive.

There are a lot of clothes boxes. My team's women used to work for clothes and they need to help me I usually the memory clothes area for separate men, woman, kids and baby.
Pros
my team know lunch on time
Cons
30 mins
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Family/friendly best place ive worked at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Candiac14 September 2016
Friendly,outgoing, family feeling environment respected everyone's beliefs loved the staff management and benefits
Pros
Meetings to make sure everythingnand everyone was ok.
Cons
Healthcare
Management and skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 February 2017
I start working as a part time sales associate but I got interested into other areas of the floor too so they gave me a training for cashier, electronic department, worked as an operator. It was a nice place to work also my management was really good always appreciate me for my work whatever I did.
One of the best places to work.
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2017
Everyone got along, management takes care of their employees, room to cross-train, lots of team work, opportunities to pick up more hours, always learning new things, etc.
Pros
Management always took care of you; free lunches, activities, giveaways, etc.
Cons
It closed in Canada.
A positive atmosphere before the ship started to sink.
Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
From my experience they took notice of who was doing what and how, and made an effort to help people reach their full potential. From the point of an employee things seemed to work fine, but I worked nights and did not see how empty the store was.
Pros
Recognition program, Good management
Cons
Unsteady shifts
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
Great while in Canada
Starbucks Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON11 December 2016
Fantastic place of work with lots of opportunity to move up in company however they closed in Canada. Great salary as well
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterrloo12 January 2017
Customer service,lead a team on price changes
How to be a better supervisor
Management encouraged their team great to work for
Great group of co workers
Really enjoyed the job, went bankrupt
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton29 January 2017
The job was pretty easy, the team was quite supportive and the hours were fair in terms of how much I worked and how much I was given in compensation. Sadly they went out of business and I lost this job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Went bankrupt
Great Experience!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
This was one of my favorite experiences being employed. I was so excited to hear when Target was opening up in Winnipeg and across Canada and instantly.. I applied for multiple positions. I got the call, had the interview and I got the job. It was the most friendly interview process i have ever experienced. Also a notable mention that we had a paid orientation and a very detailed training that truly made me feel confident on my own around the store. I worked lots of cashier, customer service, sales floor and a lot of stocking and re-shop. My schedule was part time however shortly after being with Target they noticed my good work ethic and would deliberately call me because I was very reliable and committed to working at Target.. So it was a big plus for me, I got like 20 hours added to each week I was pretty well 20 hours off full time. It was very unfortunate that Target failed as a business/contract and had to close down, they had to let me go due to foreclosure however I will forever be happy with this experience!
Pros
Friendliest Workplace Envrionment
Cons
Cashier could get boring after 8 hours..
Great place
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Fun atmosphere. Hard working staff. Great management. Busy throughout entire shift. Best part of the job is the hours and benfits
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not in Canada
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 July 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Great Place
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was a great environment, with great people. Unfortunately after being open for 2 years the place shut down permanently. I learned how to work with customers, how to accommodate their needs. My main focusing was pleasing the customers we had and making sure they left satisfied. Making customers feel that they were welcomed was important to me, customers helped us as much as we helped them. Working for this company taught me how important a healthy relationship with the customers could be. My overall experience was a lovely one.
Fun job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 November 2016
Pay could have been more but overall was a great experience. Company was pretty organized. Communication could have been better between management and employees.

75%