Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
Pros
Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Cons
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to advance
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
the self check outs running slow or crashing
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 2, 2016
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not being notified of scheduling changes
A Target Flow Team Member's Responsibilities
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be stocking the store merchandise unloading the morning shipment we receive and helping guests at anytime. I learned that team work was essential to finish all tasks by the end of our shift. The management was great they were very involved with their employees, the co-workers there were also amazing as they were just really down to earth. the hardest part about the job was the very early mornings that need a lot of your morning energy. the most enjoyable part about the job was the versatility within what department i could work in.
Short but Enjoyable Work Experience
Fitting Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 1, 2016
Very friendly and down to earth coworkers making the job more enjoyable. Allowed for plenty of interaction with customers. Customer service becomes difficult when dealing with difficult customers but this only allowed for situational learning and how to improve both social skills and appropriate actions under stressful or uncomfortable situations. The team leaders were all very friendly and dedicated to their job. They allowed for direction when needed and detailed instruction regarding duties. My typical day at work involved regular routines which I was able to perfect and feel confident about, allowing me to enjoy each day. Overall, I did not have any complaints with this job.
Pros
worked around school schedule, friendly people
Cons
closed down within a year
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
was a fun work place
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 21, 2016
i loved target , benefits and working with a bunch of other people in a big store. i learned how to multitask very well, i loved serving the clients there they were all friendly.
Pros
had great breaks, and got good discount, good team work
Cons
store closed down
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
Pros
Way too much to list
Cons
Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
Awesome place to work, with really driven people
Cashier/ Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
I started at Target Canada when they first attempted to move into the Canadian market, I worked there until I was laid off when it was announced that stores would be closing. During the period of a year and 10 months where I was employed by Target Canada I was taught many skills such as proper use of item pda for store item stocking, proficient use of point of sale machine, as well as a cart mover for collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
Pros
Awesome people, decent salary, and occasional free lunches.
Cons
Understaffed on some occasions, forced into multiple roles and responsibilities during a shift
Very Productive and a fun place to work
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Amazing place to work, miss it everyday. Learned so many valuable skills that I will take with me to my next job/ career. Everyone I worked with was so invaluable. Getting new products in was the most exciting part of my day there and meeting new people
Fantastic Business That Cared For Me
Cashier/Sales Associate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 23, 2016
While management was often questionable and made odd choices on who received what positions; I have never had a job that made me feel like a part of the family quite like Target did.
Good pay
Merchandise flow team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2016
The job was not described to us very well due to lack of timing we just had start off right away since Christmas was close and we had to deliver good customer service and fill the shelves on the floor and make store presentable to customers. The management was having hard time too with keeping up with the sales and by the end of the year we managed $1 million sales in the month of Christmas.
Broad and well organized work environment
Cashier/Register efficiency and Trust worthiness (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
On a typical day you can expect waves of customers depending on the time of day they are larger or smaller.
I learned to merchandise and work with barcodes and labels along with other transactional equipment.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of customers during holidays and having mismatched items and labels causing confusion.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team and coworkers along with the chance to network and meet new people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive tasks