Target
9,046 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good new place to work but it is too far in commute.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 31, 2014
Working environment is very good and clean.
I learned more how to deal with people who are looking for really really cheap product. My co-workers are friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is customers are so hard to deal with for somereason.
this place will kill you slowly
Backroom Team (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 31, 2014
Pros: haha
Cons: everything
start at 6am complete the pulls in 1:30hr (50-58 lists) and push the pulls for the rest of the shift. Annnnnnnd if you really do well you will get your hours cut and switched from 10pm (night shift) to 4am (f@%#ed up shift) and then to 6am. You will have lost so much pride and self confidence if you stay there more than 6 months.
DO NOT WORK HERE
SalesFloor team lead (Former Employee), Delta, BCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: everything from management to lack of hours
This a horrible company. Target only cares about making their money back that they lost. They do not care about staffing, staff wellbeing, culture at all. Whatever they say at the interview you will soon come to realize it's all a lie. I worked there since day 1 and it started out really great and slowly got worse and worse. There are other jobs that – more... pay just as little at target so please if you are a decent worker don't do it. – less
Good entry, but no work/life balance
Team Leader (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: lots of employee activities (ie: food, etc), employee discounts
Cons: lots of pressure, low salary, little work/personal life balance
Lots of pressure to get things done without enough staff. Salary is not equal to job expected. Very little work/life balance. Coworkers are great. Lots of students. Management gets shifted to other stores after a year.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Great team at Target. Management really goes out of their way to make us feel appreciated with pizza days, ice cream "Sundays", etc. Fairly flexible environment.

I've met many great people through this job opportunity; both co-workers and general public.
Fun and face pased
Flow Team (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 8, 2014
Working on the flow team is fun and always keeps me moving. Being apart of the team that contributes to keeping the store stocked and up to point is exciting.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 2, 2014
worth gaining the experience.
learned a lot about how to deal with tough customers, gained a lot of patience and meaningful skills
Good for students
Overnight Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good team environment
Cons: no room for internal advancement within the company
We unloaded the truck, stacked pallets, moved the pallets to the floor, stocked the shelves, back stocked and cleaned up the store. I loved the people I worked with however it seemed that the management would not reward those who worked hard for them.
Maintains a safe workplace and high level of professionalism at work.
Sales Floor & Brand Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2014
Pros: free varieties of food on weekly events, large food lounches
Cons: part time hours only, sometimes below 30 hours.
There is always a great excitement to come to work every schedule I have with Target because I feel the warm welcome form the management side and a good camaraderie among the staff at Target.
The trainings they openly provides to anyone who requires it and are potentially meant for learning and development is being met all the time. It is fun for me – more... to be working at Target with the management and staff surrounding me, it was my second home away from home. There maybe tough times but I always consider them as challenges that only improve my personality to become the better person I am now. It is the working team and there lovely personalities that drives me from coming back to work with great motivation for growth and development as an individual working for a team at Target. It is exactly the same motivation I have had with my previous employer back in Dubai which is Kellogg,Brown & Root Inc. – less
Terrible management structure
Backroom (Current Employee), British ColumbiaJune 24, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: terrible hours, terrible managers, terrible everything
Horrendous experience working in this company. The senior management lacks respect to other team members, and often rely on overwhelming and overloading people with impossible tasks to create the illusion that everything is good.
Horrible store to work for!
Sales floor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: free food in the bream room
Cons: everything else
In the beginning, I loved working at Target. The management seemed great, the hours were good to help open the store. However, that quickly changed once the store opened. I went through 3 different team leaders, nobody cares about my department, they never let me work in my department, and then they get mad when stuff doesn't get done in my department. – more... I have been threatened at work by an executive team leader. I have been told my work is not good enough. I have been falsely accused of purposely missing a "start meal" punch on the punch clock. The list just goes on and on. The management does not care about you and clearly have favourites. They act like they are still in high school and act like they are superior. Newsflash! You're not superior, you're 30 year old working a retail job for the rest of your life. I once went for 2 weeks with one 4 hour shift. They are too cheap to turn the air conditioning on and I sweat to death every shift. In the winter they won't turn the heat on and I freeze to death. I can't wait to find a new job. – less
Really productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I get assigned a specific job and to help improve the store

Co-workers are friendly
Guest Services.Cashier
customer service (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: learn lots each day when it comes to stock
Cons: very few hours/low rate of pay
My typical day at target is running a til. I would be scanning the items, taking payment and putting the guests items in bags. I've learned alot of things in retail as I've never worked in retail until I got a job here at target. The manager of the store we didn't see much but she was always upbeat and she knew each employees name. Working with the – more... people I do can be a challenge especially when miscommunication happens and they try to point the blame somewhere else other than them. The enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers – less
they wont do internal transfers, annoying for people who have been with the company for an extended period of time
Cashier/ In-stocks (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 16, 2014
good place to work if you get a manager that is willing to give you more then 4 hours per week, and let students go home for christmas. some of the management is AWFUL
Good
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 10, 2014
Great atmosphere, love working there but there is a shortage of hours at the current moment which making hard for any part timer
Horrible management, dissapointing hours
Cosmetics Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 10, 2014
No sense of direction
too many managers, hours cut short, voided hour contract expectations
Productive and fun work place.
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 9, 2014
I learned a lot about the Canadian work place culture, I enjoyed working with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was working night shift and going home early in the morning, but I got used to it after a while.
The most enjoyable part was working with others.
Starts with a Bang! Fizzles Out Quickly...
Disgruntled Employee (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: clean store
Cons: everything else.
Great company culture to start with. Motivating and amazing FFF culture (Fast, Fun & Friendly) But once the store opens and the daily grind settles in, life at Target tends to go South very quickly. TL's (Team Leaders) turn into irritable, micro managers who hover and push which in turn, makes the average Joe (Team Member) work even slower. Not to mention, – more... if the TL's don't like you (as a person) they tend to cut your hours down to bare minimum in the hopes you'll quit and go somewhere else.

Average weekly hours range from 4-12 hours for most team members. If you're lucky and someone likes you, you can get up to 27 hours a week.... But whatever you do, don't complain! They'll just cut your hours again!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND TARGET as a place to work. – less
Exciting and high-paced workplace during seasonal positions.
Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJune 5, 2014
Pros: employee lunch area with amenities. discount perks.
Cons: temporary position.
Seasonal positions in Target requires quite a more hours, even some late shifts, however there isn't ever a dull moment. Your day begins at your shift where you're assigned a register and given a precise time to take your breaks. The days never feel long since you're almost always busy ringing out a guest with their shopping carts filled with goodies – more... and toys for the children.

Management over in Target would be described as supportive. No matter how terrible of a day you might be having, you could count on a manager to bright it up. Co-workers had a playful and friendly vibe, creating a very friendly work environment.

The toughest part of a seasonal job can be simply put as a growing anxiety of possibly not getting a recurring position. Of course, all that fades away with the feeling of accomplishment after making a guest's day much better, which would be the highlight of the job.

It would have been nice to have had more experience at Target, however with the seasonal position, it has taught me more work/life balance skills due to the hectic hours.

This is another job I'd recommend to anyone who needs a little extra cash for the holidays and/or who just want a fast-paced job. – less
It was a decent place to work.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 4, 2014
Pros: free food in the staff room most days, event days
Cons: not enough hours
It was a pretty basic job, but for the most part I enjoyed it. It was really the co-workers that made it for me though, I appreciated the people that I worked with. The lower down management was fantastic, I loved every single one of my supervisors. The hardest part of the job would be when there was too much or too little for the limited staff to do. – more... Sometimes the backrooms would get so full you couldn't get products out of the back and there were carts of products lining the aisles. Other times there was very little stock to put out so we were forced to compromise, putting over stock out into the aisles, if it turned out to be a full aisle of microwaves, Nutribullets, or air conditioners, it didn't really matter. But other then that, I really loved the culture that they promoted, and the fact that they fed us on a regular basis. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, – Read more