Target

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun enviroment
Logstics (Former Employee), Ajax,OnMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the truck and putting out freight and helping guests when needed.
The most enjoyable part of work was the interaction with every one around it
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora OnMay 2, 2015
Pros: Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons: There was not a regular shift schedule.
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Fast Fun and Friendly
Fitting Room Team Member/Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Provided lunch, movies, snacks, games
Cons: not enough hours for everyone
At the start of my morning shift i would grab a PDA and a walkie and head to the fitting room. Id check the reshop and make sure it was sorted correctly. Id then check the reverse/repackage bin and then communication binder. my shifts consisted of me maintaining the reship area along with the change rooms and the mens department. At the same time id be answering any phone calls that came in. I enjoyed working with everyone apart of the softlines team. My leaders were always there when you needed them. It was a great place to work.
Fast, fun and friendly environment with huge focus on teamwork
Store Team Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great team culture, Advancement opportunities
Cons: Long hours
The focus was on guest experience and providing an excellent experience to every person that walked into the store. The team culture was the most important aspect of the job and it started from hiring the right team and building that team to be successful.
Good Job Experiance
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2015
Was fun place to work at, i was there for only seasonal posting and completed it after the Christmas was done, but shortly after that they closed down.

Sad to see it go, it was fun work experience where i get to meet new people and worked on my social skills a lot.
Was great to be with a retailer with a proven track record, in the US
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Respectful and Helpful Local Management and Corporate Policies
Cons: Nil
Target Canada opened 2 years ago in Kamloops. I was with the store from opening, initially in the Back Room, becoming a Guest Service Agent after 6 months.

The GSA was required to interact with every department. Specific duties included Cash Management, Safe and Till Counting and Balancing (21 cash lanes), while overseeing cashier Personnel. and interacting with Guests to Mediate Disputes, Answer Questions and Solve Problems.. all within the company's policies.

Local Management (immediate supervisors and store management) were committed to delivering as good a Guest Experience as was possible.

Was a very good place to work overall...Guests became Friends and were generally committed Target Shoppers (in Kamloops)
Amazing place to work with a friendly and great team!
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great team that felt more like a family, consistent work and good hours.
Cons: Hour cut for 2 months after Christmas, the fact that target pulled out of Canada.
Even though there were the usual hour cuts that came with working retail the job was the best one I've had so far. The job was consistent enough that I knew what I'd be doing on a daily basis but at the same time due to what came on the trucks being ever changing you had to be on your toes and able to accommodate the new stock especially if it was for a coming seasonal change that doesn't go out on the floor for a couple of weeks.

One of the best things about the job though was the fact that target was always rewarding us for the work we'd put in throughout the entire store mainly with different free food days. One of the other amazing things about the job was how relaxed the Managers were. There was never a time that you couldn't go to any of the managers with an issue and they'd listen to it 100% and put in a huge effort to try and get the problem resolved. On the flip side though all of them were always joking around and having fun in the downtime whenever there was a chance.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 30, 2015
it was a great work place. i loved working in target. management and co worker were awesome. i will miss target always. it was the best job ever.
Fun work place
Brand Attendant (Former Employee), Delta, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Typical day at work as a Brand Attendant was very unstructured as I would do whatever needed attention first, whether that was collecting carts for the store, or reorganizing hand baskets to the front entrances, making sure the washrooms were all stocked up. If the front end needed help on cash I would jump on cash.

While at Target I learned cashier related skills, how to use certain pieces of machinery (cart mover, bailer, compactor), I gained experience stocking shelves.

I really enjoyed my coworkers, never had a problem with any of them.

Hardest part of the job: If the store was busy, there would be times where I would not be able to complete all the tasks I wanted to because I would be preoccupied with other tasks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a wide variety of tasks to accomplish that kept me busy and always doing something different.
Target provided a friendly fun and respectful culture.
Senior Team Leader Flow (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Team Culture and leadership expectations
Cons: Business closed
A typical day at my job was to start the day by leading a large team of 18-25 team members to unload a trailer of merchandise that could contain anywhere from 500 boxes to 3000. Our expectations where to have our product pushed to the sales floor before the days end. Daily engaging and inspiring a team to be fast and accurate with the merchandise that was pushed to our sales floor. Leading a backroom team to accurately locate overstock as per Target process. Manager on Duty, leading store team to the success of excellent customer service, personal development and problem solving. Problem solving could be customer service, planograms, down loaded sales issues, recalls, receiving, janitorial service, safety and daily sales goals.
Presentation Team Lead (Former Employee), Bedford, NSApril 28, 2015
Pros: Pay was good, Life balance, Made a lot of frends
Cons: Target closed
Loved my time with Target met a lot of interesting people. I really enjoyed the clean and happy environment. We always had trivia games and food actives in the staff room it keeps the Team in good spirits. Enjoyed the visitors from the states they really have a positive attitude. There was always something new to learn. In my Presentation work some times the work load was large but there was always support from other parts of the store. I was sorry to see Target leave. It was extremely hard to have to close another store after only a few years earlier I closed Zellers after 17 years of working. Hoping my next job I can retire from .
Brand Attendant (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 28, 2015
I enjoy working here and was sad when they closed. No one expecting the company to close. I enjoy helping customers. The co-workers were the best. I learned how to work with others. I learned to manage my time
Target Sucks
Soft lines Team Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 27, 2015
management takes all the credit for all the work and show no recognize to anyone else. always expects you to come in to work even you are sick. Has no respect for your outside life just come into work at any cost
brand attandant
Brand Attendant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 27, 2015
• Cleaning of washrooms
• Shoveled cart areas
• Putting grocery carts away
• Assisting customers with purchases to vehicles
• Back up cashier
Fun, fast, and friendly is the culture Target Canada instilled within me
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 27, 2015
Working at Target (Canada) was a joy due to the warm, welcoming and safe environment that was existent. A typical day at work looks a lot like interacting with loads unique people which involves getting to know them in that short (sometimes long) amount of time. As a cashier at Target, I knew I was the one leaving a lasting impression so no matter how tired I was or how long the shift seemed I knew I had to end the experience for my guests shopping at Target the best.

My co-workers aimed for the same thing and it allowed us to work together as a team to make our guests feel good about coming into Target. The hardest part of working at Target would definitely be the fact that I knew we were shutting down, it really made me upset because feeling like you're trying your best and people just weren't able to look past "what a terrible company Target it". I will never forget my managers, cashier team and all the other team members I interacted with, they are amazing people and I'm glad I got the chance to meet them.
Great team, work-life balance
Soft Lines Team Leader (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great people, great products
Cons: Lack of consistency
planning, setting and implementation of planograms, delegating daily tasks relating directly to needs of the business, keeping informed about sales plan figures, and offering excellent guest service to increase sales. Learned to schedule for day to day business needs, how to be resilient and adaptable to constant change. My co-workers were excellent, great team morale and partnership with numerous housed departments. Hardest part of the job was knowing that it was closing and we would all be terminated but still making sure that positivity was maintained in winding down process. Best part of the job was being part of a genuine hard working group of people that were great with guest experience, multi-tasking, and a great FFF (Fast, Fun, and Friendly) attitude in all situations.
NO FUN ACTIVITY MATERIAL
Cashier/sales floor associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: MORNING SNACKS, PIZZA
Cons: REVOLING HOURS
Target was a good retail store.at a time two shipment were received and goal was met. I Was given training on cashier flow team, MANAGEMENT AND HR CO WORKER WAS GREAT PEOPLE to work with. I ENJOYED WORKING THERE.
A fun place to work
Signing Speacialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
A typical day would be checking emails and seeing what the Teamlead had outlined for you to do that day. Then get started on the projects that needed to be done. I learned to relax and take each day as it was whether it was busy or not .Management was awesome at Target they were there working beside you . Co-workers were always there to help. There were no really hardest part of this job. It was an awesome place to work they had good team culture. Guest service was always first and formost which I think is important because without the customer you have no job.
Best Work Experience
Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Cross-training opportunities
Cons: Stores closed in Canada
A typical day in the Soft Lines division of Target would include but was not limited by:
- Providing exceptional Guest experience
- Achieving and maintaining merchandise presentation in accordance to Target Brand
- Checking inventory levels and stocking sales floor
- Identifying mark-down strategies and executing projects in cooperation with management
- Communicating with corporate to correct pricing errors
- Supporting cash lanes, guest service desk and telephone operator

The hardest part was having Target Canada close it's doors on the Canadian Market.

The high volume store and numerous cross-training opportunities were beneficial in gaining a well-rounded experience in the retail industry.
Good overall workplace
Cashier and Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Very good amount of breaks
Cons: Quiet evenings
Target had a good team culture that promoted safety and stability. The wages were fair but the pay promotions were small. Management was attentive and happy to help. Coworkers were close-nit and very supportive. I enjoyed having the ability to assist other departments and have the ability to cross-train. However morning truck unloads often were stressful and an absent tam member could easily leave us understaffed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more