Target Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a fun place to work. Lots of awesome people.
Cashier/returns, Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 30, 2016
Target was a pretty good place to work, I was working on the truck unloading in the morning and set up of the departments. Everyone was nice and helpful if I needed something and training was straight forward.
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 25, 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
Productive team work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
It was a good environment, good team work on daily basis friendly associates to work with. I enjoyed working there it was great!!
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Was fun while it lasted....
Receiving/Grocery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East York, ONJune 7, 2016
Not a bad place to work, however shifts were short, and there wasn't the number of hours promised. Sorry it had to close its operations in Canada.
Cons
Short shifts, not as many as promised...
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCMay 31, 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate
Good job
Sales Floor Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONMay 23, 2016
Employees always happy, management understanding, lots of walking, good to learn the skills of setting up pogs (racks for clothing) overall nice work experience
Great place to work at
Target Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Management loves workers! Your job is to just be a kind person and always interact with guests to the store. 0 Compliants
Great Workplace
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 18, 2016
I loved working at Target. It was my first job and I learned so much and grew excellent relationships with the team. The team and store were of the best in not only our personal district, but the entire country. I believe it was because of the strong management team, which without their positivity and drive the store wouldn't have flourished in our town the way it did.
Broad and well organized work environment
Cashier/Register efficiency and Trust worthiness (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
On a typical day you can expect waves of customers depending on the time of day they are larger or smaller.
I learned to merchandise and work with barcodes and labels along with other transactional equipment.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of customers during holidays and having mismatched items and labels causing confusion.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team and coworkers along with the chance to network and meet new people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive tasks
fun work place
Merchandise Flow Team-Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working in Target with a great team leader as I also loved working with a team in that fast challenging environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive, Fun and Memorable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such amazing people, having such amazing managers and also working for such an amazing company..
friendly environment
Sales Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 9, 2016
I definitely enjoyed working for Target. It was an unforgettable experience. I learned a lot working here and there was always a friendly environment.
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
Productive and great environment of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I worked as sales at the athletic center of Target. Where daily activities would include helping out customers find the items they need.
Working here has helped me learn a lot on how to handle specific situations. Where the customer may have a short temper or strong opinions on certain things. This improved both my communications skills and being able to handle situations being on the spot
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 4, 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 2, 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.
Positive Experienc
Senior sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
I loved working at Target.I was involved in a lot of duties which broadened my experience in the retail sales industry. I really miss target store
Pros
Free coffee, 30 min break
Cons
variable schedule