Target Employee Reviews

very good work place with great employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 December 2016
• help customers in person and telephonically,balance sales and receipts
• deal with customer inquiries and complaints,maintain records of all transactions
• process sales and payments,wrap merchandise,issue refunds and credits,monitor inventory,Excellent customer service, Friendly and helpful attitude
• Stock merchandise with speed and accuracy by following the replenishment process and zoning guidelines ,doing multitasking duty at a time
Great effort to deliver a consistent work environment
Receiver / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2017
I was not altogether unhappy there. Sadly, Target wasn't prepared for the challenges of the Canadian market. Nevertheless, there was something very special about being involved in a new company from the very beginning. There were challenges and there were conflicts, but initially, at least, there was a good group of people working toward a common goal.... Overall a good experience.
Great Place to work
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
Target was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. Work life balance was perfect, and the management team cared about your well- being. The team was more like a family, even being in a big department store, we always had events that brought the team together. The overall atmosphere was amazing and you were excited to go into work everyday. Definitely a very sad situation to know they are no longer in canada
Great Place
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I enjoyed working here. It was a great environment, with great people. Unfortunately after being open for 2 years the place shut down permanently. I learned how to work with customers, how to accommodate their needs. My main focusing was pleasing the customers we had and making sure they left satisfied. Making customers feel that they were welcomed was important to me, customers helped us as much as we helped them. Working for this company taught me how important a healthy relationship with the customers could be. My overall experience was a lovely one.
Good job.
Warehouse Worker + Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get in and start by going to the front end as a brand attendant but as a warehouse worker I would go straight to the warehouse and start work immediately. I learned how to organize the warehouse and operate pallet jacks and a cardboard baler proficiently. Management was friendly but a little scattered and didn't really have good coordination with one another. Co-workers were friendly and good workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers most of the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting merchandising deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches and events.
Cons
Poor coordination of management
Fun and productive workplace with great employees and managers
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC6 February 2017
Everyone was always happy and enjoyed coming into work. We worked well as a team and got things done while having fun at the same time. To me, that's what made working at Target such a great experience.
Pros
Free snacks, cake on employee's birthday's. Working with great people.
Cons
Zoning product.
My Second Family
Guest Services/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
I loved working here, the staff were wonderful individuals and shift-leads and managers were extremely helpful. They taught you most of the things you need to know, but don't be afraid to ask questions, they totally want to help you.

Expect some fun and joking around now and then, even the managers get in on it too...plus the odd prank livens the work day.
productive and fun worktime with nice co-workers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2016
a typical day at work would be lifting boxes in warehouses. i learned how to manage my time with the work and also the company's management is nice and understanding. fun and nice co-workers. hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes and the enjoyable part is working with nice people.
Pros
nice co-workers
awesome place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target was a great place to work and I really miss working there. I started as a seasonal backroom attendant then I then decicded to keep me as a fulltime team member. I moved from backroom to salesfloor for a few months which I applied for cosmetics merch brand attendant where I was resonsible for cosmetics, OTC, pharmacy and the health and beauty department. I liked work with everyone at target as we where like family and all worked well as a team.
Pros
great team members
A positive atmosphere before the ship started to sink.
Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
From my experience they took notice of who was doing what and how, and made an effort to help people reach their full potential. From the point of an employee things seemed to work fine, but I worked nights and did not see how empty the store was.
Pros
Recognition program, Good management
Cons
Unsteady shifts
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Product and fun workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
Everyday was a fun day at work but mostly very productive. Ensuring on a day to day basis that guests(customers) are well taken care of by giving excellent customer service.
Pros
Some days of the week we would get free lunches and movie days
Cons
Hours were long
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
A disaster.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
A billion dollar idea that bombed. Lots of promises to employees and customers that never followed through. Awesome security and operation technology, but not enough dedication or man power to pull it off.
Pros
Easy high tech equipment for stock.
Cons
Everything else.
Really enjoyed the job, went bankrupt
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton29 January 2017
The job was pretty easy, the team was quite supportive and the hours were fair in terms of how much I worked and how much I was given in compensation. Sadly they went out of business and I lost this job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Went bankrupt
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
The worst
Seasonal Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
It was my first job and got terminated after two weeks. When asked 'why?'.. the HR lady said, "You're just not the right fit. You're not who we are looking for." Those words still depresses me from that day, 3 years ago. I'm glad they got terminated from Canada.
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.
Quiet and comfortable place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy was located into the mall. The OTC are was large and the counters, shelves and furniture were new.
I worked by myself and It got very busy when was flu season
Pros
secure place to work, discount for employees at the other departments