11,373 reviews

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing atmosphere with great people
Senior Team Leader - Hardlines/Electronics (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: team member discount
Working at Target as taught me a lot about retail and leadership. A typical day at working at Target would be for me to assess any opportunities in the store (particularly my areas in the store) and address it with my team to help generate sales by making crucial merchandising decisions. The team morale is amazing to be a part of as it makes working more enjoyable with the team which I also learned helps drive better results.
Productive and fun workplace with great team effort
Backroom Team Member/Electronics Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Working for Target Canada is like working with a family. We always work together in a fast, efficient way to get the pallets of stock to the floor and then to put the products away.
There was always little contests and special treat days to add both the fun factor and incentives for team members to make it the days more enjoyable and for team building.
Friendly people, positive work environment, questionable hours.
Brand Merchandising (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly, free food occasionally
Cons: hours all over the place
Although target was a generally good and friendly place to work, it did have it's downsides with rumours about dishonesty from management while we are closing as well as hours becoming a mess and sometimes cut a great deal for me and my co-workers. I was also told I would be working full-time only to see my hours at 25-30 hours weekly and occasionally having the schedule changed last minute without informing me.
Friendly environment
Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it's closing
It was good while it lasted, the work was enjoyable and the people were great to work with. The hours were flexible and the location was perfect for my situation. I'm sad that Target is closing because it worked really well for me and it had a good working environment.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, great company culture, lots of opportunity for growth. very collaborative, you'll learn a lot, have a great support system, especially if you have a good team.
Cons: too much red tape, not hard enough on low-performers, sometimes an unhealthy level of competition, some cliquey behaviour
Operations are no longer in Canada, however it is similar to the US.
Very top down and structured company. Overly reactive management in many cases, which is likely due to being the "little brother" to the US.
Not so smart of a job choice
Team Member (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: bad management
While working for Target Canada, it has been noted that many of the team leaders have either quit or not done a up to par job at running the store. There tends to be a lack of communication between different department and management as well. On a typical day there is usually multiple directions given and no one knows where to go or what to do. target would definitely not be a life career choice to say the least.
Amazing experience
Corporate Security Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Working for Target Canada is the most enjoyable work experience I have ever encountered. It is an absolute joy going to work, and everyday there is something new to learn.The work/ life balance is perfect for my family and our busy lifestyle.
Was a great place to work
ETL (Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London, ON/Stratford, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Most enjoyable part of working here was the friendships made from working with a company for 2 years. More like family than anything.

This company cared for your growth and development and had a great understanding of work life balance.
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Backroom Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Since day 1, this has been a great company to work for, despite how it is all coming to an end.

Fun atmosphere, everyone pulled their own weight.

All in all, great work experience.
Great team culture
Guest Services Attendant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Team members always well respected and made to feel important. A very fun environment to work. There was always room to learn more and advance our training.
Great culture and fun place to work
Guest Services Team Leader (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great team culture
Cons: leaving canada too soon
Working at Target as part of the management team was fulfilling. The team member culture was positive, fast, fun and friendly. Going to work everyday was always enjoyable with a great focus on work, life balance. The hardest part of the job is disassembling the store as they go out of business in Canada after putting forth so much effort and pride in to building it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
• Greet customers as they arrive and direct them to merchandise they need
• Provided information to customers about the sales in the store
• Highly skilled in using scanners, cash registers, and calculators to calculate the price of items that customers buy
• In-depth knowledge of handling returns and exchanges of goods
• Tag items for price and expiry date
• Balance all transaction at the end of the day for cash reconciliation
great balance between the job and my life.
Team member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people
the job was a great place t learn about guest inquiries and how to handle complaints. i learned how to stock shelves and do re-shop.
Target would either make you or break you
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: recognition, cross training, open door policy, growing from within
Cons: broken supply chain, inexperienced management (hq and etl) accountability, pulled the plug too soon
Great team, great culture. Always FFF..it was a culture that we all lived and breathed. Target offered great training but not enough time for the team to practice it before they were thrown on the floor. You had to be flexible and adaptable, as Target constantly changed routines and practices. If you couldn't adapt and keep up, you would break.

This was the hardest part of the job. Not the constant changing but the fact that most of the changes were minor and would have no impact. Things that should have been done weren't implemented until 3 months before we closed. (Instant labels)

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that the team truly believed "One Team, One Dream". We had the cream of the crop when it came to team members. Eager to learn, eager to cross train, eager to move ahead in this company.

But at the end of the day, all the hard work, all the changes and new procedures, all the Store Visits had absolutely no bearing on anything when ultimately you had a broken supply chain that was broken from Day 1 and was never fixed. The bandaid could only hold for so long and apparently that day was January 15 2015
Fun place to work!
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Extremely enjoyable until it's closing. Loved the team mentality and all of my coworkers. Loved working at the Starbucks.
Fast, fun and friendly work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and management
Cons: long commute
A typical day at Target was always a fast paced and friendly experience. I would arrive to my work station 5 minutes early every shift to disinfect my cash register and work area and repeat this routine every 2 hours. I would greet guests as they approached my register and assist them with all of their purchasing needs. At Target I acquired the experience of a truly enjoyable work environment as well as experience in working with a large variety of people from the public and how to assist their every request. The team leaders and team members of Target were all very friendly and always eager to help me or any other with whatever it is we may need. The most challenging part of the job was keeping up a steady pace during times where we would find ourselves to be extremely busy, however I was always able to keep up and feel that having experience in high pressure situations will greatly benefit me in my future employment situations. The best part about working at Target was being and working as a part of a team.
Target is a great place to work
Finance Manager, FP&A (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
I have worked for Target for over 11 years and it provided me with a tremendous amount of personal growth and development.

Throughout my career at Target, I was able to advance my skills in financial modeling, strategic planning, business case development and leading talented teams.

The people I surrounded myself with as well as the leadership was always focused on development. The talent is second to none and the work culture is very fast paced.
Seasonal (Winter) Contract Job I previously had.
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Good, nothing extraordinary or horrible about being there for the duration of my contract. Co-workers were very friendly.
Job satisfaction with fun fair
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
1. Total work environment is really healthy
2. Friendly Management Team
3. Worker's are co-operative
4. Busy day is enjoyable part of the day to interact with guests (customers)
5. A slow day (typical day) is very hard to kill the time
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Target was a good job, the managers were all very nice and we're all helpful.The pay was reasonably well, I got a bit more than average.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more