Target
11,755 reviews

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience, fun place to work
Backroom Instocks Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good team and atmosphere
Cons: target closing
Really enjoyed working for the company over the last 2 years and have gained so many skills. A typical day at work would be customer service, stocking merchandise in a timely matter and leading the team. Ensuring all onhand issues are corrected so we can get replenishment. Met some wonderful people and made many memories I'll cherish forever.
fun workplace
Merch brand/sales (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 26, 2015
a typical workday would involve cleaning, helping guest, and keeping everything running smooth. i learnt a lot about retail and the proper way to help guests.
Awesome culture and people
BUYER - LAWN & PATIO (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2015
In retail, fire fighting in between meeting deadlines is par for the course. I am stimulated by environments like this where prioritizing is critical to keeping the business moving forward.

Target used many cross functional teams for projects and had a very collaborative work environment which is valuable to get different perspective on solutions. Cooperating with coworkers was the only way to get the job done.

I learned to accept feedback and give recognition when it was deserved.

As forecast captain, I also honed my forecasting skills and thoroughly enjoy the process.
Target is a great company to work for, great values
Sr Team Lead, Market, Home&Decor (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Target provided us with food at least 2 times a month
Cons: Target shut the doors
A typical day at work was, check emails and then out to the floor to make sure the store was clean and ready for our guests. Open registers, open door and then it was making sure that the team members were zoning and putting out stock, checking for expires in the grocery area. Helping guest find the products they are looking for and making sure that our team members were having a great day.
friendly environment at Target
Customer service representative and cashier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2015
Target in Canada is closing soon so there is no safety in this job, Target environment is really friendly , dynamic and empathetic, I loved to work at this company but it happened for this store to pull out from Canada
I learned a lot from Target working with the public , being around the people and learning from all,
Gave me the ability to learn new skills and master the ones i have
Sr TeamLeader logistics (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: store closing down
Busy fast pace with deadlines to meet everyday
I learned to be a better leader and manage teams skills to get the work complete everyday
I became a stronger leader, learned new skills and was able to teach team members new skills and watch them grow and move up. I learned from my co workers the skills they were stronger in and they also learned from me
the hardest part of my job was learning how to lead not just manage with a wide range of ages and knowledge
the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday, teaching and learning from my fellow co workers and my team members
Fast, Fun, and friendly
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Full Benefits, great co-workers
A typical day was getting in at 2pm working to 10pm. on truck days I was mostly backstock, and a few pushes, plus any backstock from the early morning pulls. At 4pm there was pulls to completely pull push, and backstock. Also throughout the night guest/ sales floor requests had to be completed. I learned how to use crown stackers, waves.
Target was a fun place to work at while they were in Canada for the short time that they were
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 23, 2015
Was a good place to work at but they left Canada and then i had to go and look for a new job.

Co workers are great
the staff was great
the time was good and hours were good for good workers

The store was fun and always trained their employees well.
terrible management, no advancement
Senior floor Team Member (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 22, 2015
the management didn't know what they where doing, they where filled with empty promises that made the team hate working.
the most enjoyable part of working was being understood by fellow co workers.
SUPERB team culture
Softlines / Flow Team Member / Cashier (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: amazing flexibiliy
Cons: very early mornings
Softlines shifts mostly consisted of organization and zoning/facing racks of clothing.
Flow days were strictly team-based, as we worked together to get the shelves mostly stocked before the store opened.
I learned that having a great team at your side is in complete correlation with how quickly and efficiently work gets finished.
Management was always understanding and professional.
Hardest part of the job was having to tell customers that we did not have a product in stock, and we did not know when the product would be arriving in our store.
The most enjoyable was seeing my team working together and having a great time despite being at work and having to accomplish important tasks.
Employer used people inappropriately
Customer Service, Forklift (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 20, 2015
Unloaded and loaded trucks. Used RF scanner to locate items and put into stock. Also kept up the inventory levels. There was a great deal of satisfaction when we got a raise.
Enjoyed going to work, felt accomplished
Backroom Team Leader (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: fast paced enviornment
Cons: company communication
Following up with team members to ensure daily workloads were complete, checking in to the receiving area to check on deliveries and checking on workloads if area needed support, partnering with other teams and leaders to ensure guest satisfaction was number one priortiy. Learned a lot of leadership skills through my executive team leaders, great work environment, friendly. Difficult with communication from company, would receive multiple directions for same tasks, came from head office.
Great staff and management.
Target Cashier & Starbucks (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 19, 2015
Pros: nice lunch room, nice co-workers
Cons: inflexibility of hours
Great staff. Nice workplace. Everyone helps each other out when they are in need. Learned alot about customers. Hardest part is when Target didnt say anything that they are closing down.
Fun Company while it lasted
Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: community-based events
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Target Canada is very quiet except for the weekend although you may work in a certain department you are often told by management to go to other departments(team work). The hourly wage is horrible and there are never any hours for the staff. The co-workers were fun and very helpful.
Great co-workers new company with lots of demand
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Target had lots of potential. Employees worked very hard and demands on work-life balance great. Nice pay and benefits.
target canada
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 15, 2015
I going to missed this store great team.
My experience working at Target was very challenging and I was equal working there with staff.
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
I spent a year with Target Canada and loved it. I worked alongside a great team and with excellent managers. The culture was great and there were a number of opportunities to develop my teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
great
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), WhitbyMarch 12, 2015
Good job. great stability and hours. Very fun and friendly staff. sad to see such a great company leaving! Target cares about their employees and their guests and they go out of their way to make sure that every experience is memorable. They treat the staff amazingly in the short time that i was there target made sure i felt at home and comfortable in my position. They had a monthly schedule of activities or provided lunches for the staff. Just an amazing job.
travailler a target
reserve (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: travailler ensemble comme une équipe
Cons: irrespectueux patrons
travaille actuellement aux target, le travail ne était pas très difficile. très simple et parfois amusant. employés sont amusantes à se entendre avec les faits tant d'amis. la gestion a joué un rôle énorme à laquelle il ne était pas très amusant. très désagréable, irrespectueux patrons que je ai jamais rencontrées.
Great people, not so great management
Salesfloor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: bad management
They make promises to everyone with no intention of promoting the ones that really deserve to be promoted.
Management does not really know how to run a business.
They hire upper management people that are too young.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more