Target

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Work Experience
Brand Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Cross-training opportunities
Cons: Stores closed in Canada
A typical day in the Soft Lines division of Target would include but was not limited by:
- Providing exceptional Guest experience
- Achieving and maintaining merchandise presentation in accordance to Target Brand
- Checking inventory levels and stocking sales floor
- Identifying mark-down strategies and executing projects in cooperation with management
- Communicating with corporate to correct pricing errors
- Supporting cash lanes, guest service desk and telephone operator

The hardest part was having Target Canada close it's doors on the Canadian Market.

The high volume store and numerous cross-training opportunities were beneficial in gaining a well-rounded experience in the retail industry.
Good overall workplace
Cashier and Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Very good amount of breaks
Cons: Quiet evenings
Target had a good team culture that promoted safety and stability. The wages were fair but the pay promotions were small. Management was attentive and happy to help. Coworkers were close-nit and very supportive. I enjoyed having the ability to assist other departments and have the ability to cross-train. However morning truck unloads often were stressful and an absent tam member could easily leave us understaffed.
Positive and productive environment.
Target Team Member (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Always having something to do.
Cons: The company closing their doors.
Working for Target before the doors closed was a fantastic experience, I believe I've grown and developed immensely from my time working there. I've gained experience in most areas of the store including my training as a barista at the starbucks in target, working with retail, guest services and keeping our shelves full and organized at all times.
target
Cashier/Sales and Price Point Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 22, 2015
loved working with the team management was great. i loved working for target its unfortunate that they closed so quickly.
It was a good place to work, a lot of great teamates.
Receiving Team Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 21, 2015
Unfortunately the company has closed down and left Canada. I worked with a great backroom team and the job was enjoyable. Wished things had gone differently, but that's life.
Fast Fun and Friendly
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Team building events
Cons: Lack of Inventory
A very energetic workplace where I was able to teach, train and motivate many team members in a wide variety of departments. A typical day started at 5am setting the store team up for success by setting out my expectations for the day ahead. A challenging part of my day would be when you receive sick calls and you have to strategize & prioritize tasks while you try replace shifts on a busy customer focused sales floor. I progressed fast within target and always strived to be the best.
Great place to work.
Store Facilities Technician (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: lots of training
Cons: job security
Target had its ups and downs. The people and the culture was great. However it did struggle in its practises.

A lot of training was provided to increase skillset.
Was a great company to work for
Merchandiser Team member (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 18, 2015
Closed down in Canada due to poor planning -- Canadian market is not the same as the American market. It is quite sad to see it going after approximately 2.5 years of existence.
Friendly place to work
Receiver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 18, 2015
A typical day at work would involve meeting the vendors that came to our back dock doors, and sign their shipments and take temp, on the food products. check for damage or expiry on all the shipments. we would get lots of DVDs and CDs in a day that i would have to check and count and put into our inventory system, then i would receive it into our system. i would have to bring the food shipments (milk, and starbucks shipments) to the coolers and or freezer depending on where it needed to go.
Keeping the backroom clean and organized, and taking pallets down from the high steel with our crown stackers.

I learned quickly how to use our Receiving system and how to use the power equipment. had to learn how to talk and deal with vendors, and have a good work place connection with them, so that they understood where things needed to be ect. good communication.

The management was very good, and helpful and was usually very clear on what needed to be done, and answered questions right away. they were very good people to work with.

my co-workers were very good workers, and i got along with most of them very well. they were very helpful and we worked well together.

The hardest part of the job was just the learning curve when i got promoted from backroom to the head receiver, just trying to figure out the processes and system, and just general keeping up with the shipments we got in. Once i got a hang of the change, it started to become a lot easier and i got it quite quickly.

the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing what my responsibilities were and having something to work on the whole time. Being at work and not being constantly busy is quite boring and i do not enjoy that.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Very interesting, Great people a fun workplace. very great customers and staff. Good hours, and always learning new things and experiences.
Alot of Staff Meeting
Cashier/ Brand Attendant (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: happy enviroment
It was a Happy Place to work. The managers and supervisor are very friendly, staff was very happy people.
The work was an hard being a Cashier was easy, the register was hard either.
Team Culture Seconded to None
Team Leader - Sales Floor & Logistics (Backroom) (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Unprecedented and Unbeatable Team Culture, Great Management Team
Cons: Difficulties with Scheduling, Unreasonable Guest comments and expectations were frequent
A typical day at work meant dealing with the Fast, Fun, and Friendly staff at Target (Pointe-Claire). Exceptional opportunities for growth as well as learning experience in a myriad of fields were abundant; from sales floor to logistics to customer service and human resources positions. The management was very motivational and involved with its teams on a personal basis. Despite the many challenges of the company's struggles in the Canadian market, we as a team accomplished many wonderful things by turning around our initial lack of fully stocked shelves and adjusting to the needs of each and every guest that came to the store. Regardless of our challenges, we at Target Pointe-Claire made the best of all of our days during the store's run-state, and even had fun while working our very hardest to ensure that the store was closed in as an efficient manner as possible. The hardest part of letting go of Target Canada will always remain with the loss of such an incredibly dynamic team.
canadian company which i was happy about
Presentation Manager/ Senior Team Lead Key Holder (Current Employee), mississaugaApril 16, 2015
depending on the store all moral is different but i had a great experience there for majority of the time that i worked there. management changed our store became a franchise store and things started really changing from the Rona culture.
overall review
in-stock clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: store closed
productive and fun work place with great co-workers and managers. learned a lot about retail and how a store operates. typical day started at 6 am and ended at 2 pm. very structured break times. Lots of fun activities for the employees.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: time off
clock in, check out guest, doing some projects with free time, garbage.
I learned that the little things are the most important.
great.
friendly and reliable
time off
team work!
Nice Place to work
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Whitby ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Decent Hours
Cons: Not Much Advancement
Target is a great place to work,The managers are nice I get decent hours, the only thing was there wasnt much advancement to full time.
Loved the culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
There was excellent people, even though the work was long some days, great support, long training so you are prepared for the role
Amazing team culture
Executive Team Leader Softlines (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall culture. Target really treated the team members well and recognized everyone for their hard wok and effort.
FUN PLACE TO WORK IN ATEAM
PSC-GSC (Former Employee), CandiacApril 13, 2015
Pros: No routine kind of job
Cons: Salary compensation
My tipical day, was so variety; sometomes i opened cashier, scheduales, check personal duties, client services. Work with colegues done le re shop in a funny day way. I met with Garda, workrd with cash and i was so fidelity.

But sometimes, some clients behavior was so difficult to handle. even though i love to work with people.
Fast Fun and Friendly Environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 12, 2015
Target Abbotsford demonstrated a very positive work environment, one which many of our guests would comment on on a daily basis. Being part of that team and that environment was a wonderful experience. Despite it's recent closure, I can honestly say that I have had consistently good experiences during my employment with Target.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more