Target Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 June 2017
Work in department stores, you have enjoyable work time.Time goes very fast. Time schedule are little awkward, but it is ok. Most fun full day pass there.
FLOW TEAM MEMBER-BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 June 2017
Had fun unloading trucks and making drinks and learning a skill out side of the grocery business. It was great environment witg great supportive managment and co workers
travail
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2017
travail facile a réaliser , nécessite un minimum d`effort physique
Very corporate and cold
Target Canada - Price Accuracy Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 June 2017
Target had the potential to be fantastic but didn't get to have that change when it was shut down. It was all about the money which I understand but they moved too fast and it didn't take off as quickly as the upper management wanted it to.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
Hours, shifts, pay.
Doesn`t exist anymore
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 June 2017
I made lifelong friends there, so there`s that. That`s about it though. I was happy to leave, and happy that they don`t operate in Canada anymore. Didn`t care for most of the management.
easy job
Sales Floor / Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB6 June 2017
easy job throughout
fun provided lunch weekly
discount
easy-to-learn tasks
it was a very basic job so theres not much to say but i need to fill the minimum count so i can submit this review
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
schedule was always fricked
Alright Workplace
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 June 2017
- management plays favourites and is bias towards the team members
- advanced team members seem depersonalized
- most team members were not friendly towards new employees
Fun break room!
Cashier/Guest Services/Self-Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC, Canada29 May 2017
Overall Target is decent to work at for a retail company. They have a fun environment and work as a team. They have a wonderful culture and it is enjoyable to go to work.
Pros
Fun break room, good balance.
Cons
Long hours, few breaks.
target is a very friendly and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2017
i enjoyed my stay at target and i am really sad they closed down. in target we respect each other.
room for improvement
free breakfast and lunch
friendly environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
good job
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2017
loved working at target, but unfortunately they closed all their stores in Canada. I would recommend someone. Very good place to work and good customers servive team.
Busy and productive place to live
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
Productive place to be, it is busy so you are serving guests, or answering questions taking returns or payments.management was good.Had a fun and nice environment.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
Every single person who worked at Target was kind and willing to help whenever they could. It was the most inclusive place I have ever worked for. Management was always asking if the other staff members needed any help.
Meilleur employeur
Chef d'équipe Cadre RH (Généraliste) (Former Employee) –  Les Laurentides, QC21 May 2017
Travailler chez Target a été la plus belle et enrichissante des expériences professionnelles que j'ai eu la chance de vivre dans tout mon parcours professionnel. Le travail d'équipe, la collaboration, l'absence de jugement, la reconnaissance, un encadrement adéquat laissant la personnalité et le jugement de chacun personnaliser son approche .. A n'importe quel moment, je retournerais dans cet environnement dynamique et exigeant ou nous travaillons avec les forces de chacun !
Pros
Reconnaissance
Cons
Nombre d Heures à produire
Productive and fun workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
During my day I would set up a line and unload many trucks with a team of people. We would categorize to products into sections of the door and then those skids would be picked up on pallet jacks and taken to the isle. Then unload onto the shelves. Any over stock would be moved by pallet jack towards the warehouse and stock as backstock. I did all of these duties and rotate daily. Then I would scan the product into the system. I would greet guest and assist them when needed. Target was great a giving their employees snacks and lunches.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
lack of hours
good for the time
Stock Clerk - Flow Team / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 May 2017
i worked in the mornings as a flow stock clerk. worked well and liked it until they pulled out of Canada putting me out of a job. i learned to use a basic scanner gun that is used to receive most inventory in most places.
productive and fun workplace
Starbucks Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 May 2017
A typical work day involved opening and closing the store. Serving Starbucks beverages to customers. Organizing and general cleaning of the kiosk. I enjoyed working for this company. They had a positive attitude and it was fun to be at work. I learned how to multi-task as it did get fairly busy. I really enjoyed it.
I am very disappointed that it got closed
Hard Lines Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Great management and great team to work with. The management made sure to show appreciation to their staff on a daily/nightly basis. It is very unfortunate that they closed.
Pros
free food, staff games
Cons
poor discount
Productive Place to work in
Cashier, Item stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
A typical day would start off by getting into the cashier line and waiting for customers and then processing their orders.I learned a lot of communication skills, small talk to keep the customers going and how to deal with tough situations. Eventually got moved to an item stocker position where i would check if the products were there and if not then put in an order from the system that that Target provided for us. Management was decent, they took care of you as an employee but also let you know that you were replaceable. Workplace culture was very fast paced and it was like get your job done on time, make sure to finish your job first and do what you are told.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
laid off tons of workers
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Would say that they have a good retainl management system, but just like in any retail environment, you have to be on your toes a lot and get tired easily.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 May 2017
I typically stock items on shelves, and process payments, i am responsible for keeping the store tidy, and associating with customers, the management is good, and the most enjoyable part is communicating with customers.
Pros
Cons
Student hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.