Target Employee Review

Promised all sorts of thing and landed flat
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lindsay16 October 2013
I was recruited into this company to work full time hours and promised that I'd get a TL lead if I caught on to their training. Well that training never happened. Quickly realized that wasn't going to happen bc unless you are buddy buddy with management it's not going to ever happen.

Moving on from that if I were to look at it like a job, it was hostile, there were a lot of disgruntled workers complaining of course bc they didn't get hours etc but they also bad mouthed everyone behind their back. Then there were the TL who dissed the workers behind their back, wasn't a great overall good feeling going in each morning altho I did just start to focus on going in to do ''the job'' .

Team Leads were the worst, just directed and didn't take time to teach you anything like they said they would. They took the butt kissers front and center, you know the ones bringing in cookies to the mngmt.

Good work ethic resulted in good hours (where I came in) but you get dumped more and more responsibility and pushed past what is deemed what they called work life family balance. For instance I had 2 weeks to move and relocate and I was told, never going to transfer to another company unless you work the full 2 weeks. Good luck with that when you have kids and a house to buy so I left to fulfill my family obligations.

No I wouldn't work their if you paid me better, even tho the benefits were great I found it really lacked in that customer focus they strived to preach in the first cycle resulted in ''stick your head in the box -stock '' and who cares about the guests.

Shame really.
Pros
Lots of incentivatives like free food
Cons
bad mouthing and poor work ethic on TL parts that resulted in the rest of us all to suffer

Other Target Employee Reviews

Great friendly place
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 February 2018
This was a great place to work! I absolutely loved all the team work and help available if you needed it. Only downfall was it's closing forcing everyone to find new jobs.
night audits
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
I was a part-time employee with max of 10-15 hours on a weekly basis so really have not got lots to say about this company. It was minimum wage. I was not with them very long as they were an american company and closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

58.3K