Target Employee Reviews

Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Family/friendly best place ive worked at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Candiac14 September 2016
Friendly,outgoing, family feeling environment respected everyone's beliefs loved the staff management and benefits
Pros
Meetings to make sure everythingnand everyone was ok.
Cons
Healthcare
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 July 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Target Canada had a friendly workplace atmosphere with a culture for recognition; but job security was uncertain at many times.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 May 2016
There was always a strong sense of leadership on any given day.
I learned a bit about the importance of team work.
Management was friendly, and supportive.
Most times it was a very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Uncertain job security.
A positive atmosphere before the ship started to sink.
Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
From my experience they took notice of who was doing what and how, and made an effort to help people reach their full potential. From the point of an employee things seemed to work fine, but I worked nights and did not see how empty the store was.
Pros
Recognition program, Good management
Cons
Unsteady shifts
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 May 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Great culture
Directrice adjointe aux Ressources Humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2016
Lots of activities for the employees. Great culture. Many opportunities to lean from all the different departments. Great company overall.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Work load
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Life has an infinite number of possibilities and your ability to achieve success is limited only by your imagination. However, there are always trade-offs and sometimes moving in one direction prevents you from moving in another.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Fun job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 November 2016
Pay could have been more but overall was a great experience. Company was pretty organized. Communication could have been better between management and employees.
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON25 June 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 May 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 December 2015
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
Pros
Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 May 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great Workplace
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 May 2016
I loved working at Target. It was my first job and I learned so much and grew excellent relationships with the team. The team and store were of the best in not only our personal district, but the entire country. I believe it was because of the strong management team, which without their positivity and drive the store wouldn't have flourished in our town the way it did.