Target Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work, with really driven people
Cashier/ Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Awesome people, decent salary, and occasional free lunches.
Cons: Understaffed on some occasions, forced into multiple roles and responsibilities during a shift
I started at Target Canada when they first attempted to move into the Canadian market, I worked there until I was laid off when it was announced that stores would be closing. During the period of a year and 10 months where I was employed by Target Canada I was taught many skills such as proper use of item pda for store item stocking, proficient use of point of sale machine, as well as a cart mover for collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
was a fun work place
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 21, 2016
Pros: had great breaks, and got good discount, good team work
Cons: store closed down
i loved target , benefits and working with a bunch of other people in a big store. i learned how to multitask very well, i loved serving the clients there they were all friendly.
So sad its gone
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 23, 2016
This was by far the best place i have ever worked at, full benefits, good hours, good teamwork, great employees all around from all the levels, so much respect towards one another, this job is truly missed!
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
Family orientated
Store Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 26, 2015
looks out for each other
always has fun working
great people
little supervision
always gives praises
has discounts
great customer values
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, room to advance
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Great place to work.
Store Administration Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Good pay; personal lockers; benefits
Cons: Far commute; very toxic attitude toward female employees.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Target. I felt it was a welcome environment and I always had friendly co-workers. Above average pay and wonderful conveniences made for a very pleasant employment.
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons: the employment did not last long enough
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: long hours
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee), Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
Cons: long hours
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
A Target Flow Team Member's Responsibilities
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be stocking the store merchandise unloading the morning shipment we receive and helping guests at anytime. I learned that team work was essential to finish all tasks by the end of our shift. The management was great they were very involved with their employees, the co-workers there were also amazing as they were just really down to earth. the hardest part about the job was the very early mornings that need a lot of your morning energy. the most enjoyable part about the job was the versatility within what department i could work in.
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora OnMay 2, 2015
Pros: Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons: There was not a regular shift schedule.
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee), Red Deer AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: the self check outs running slow or crashing
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee), Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Way too much to list
Cons: Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: great atmosphere to work in
Cons: target closed
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Working with great people
Cons: Not being notified of scheduling changes
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Great learning job for management
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Laval, QCApril 11, 2015
Pros: great company to work for leaning and prositure
Cons: salary
Always fun to go to work, there was always challenges in a day of work.
Most of all I learned to be a better manager, How to get the best out of my team, performance.
-The was great leaders has management, always there to help and teach for you to become better, very supportive.
great team atmosphere, great employer, all working together, no jealousy.
The hardest part of my work was: ???
The best part of my work was the daily challenges.
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Health
Cons: excessive overtime
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Headquarters