Target Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QCSeptember 22, 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Learned a lot about customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service in Target, esoecially about retail. It's a good and fun place to work; every one had a very welcoming attitude.
Family/friendly best place ive worked at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CandiacSeptember 14, 2016
Friendly,outgoing, family feeling environment respected everyone's beliefs loved the staff management and benefits
Pros
Meetings to make sure everythingnand everyone was ok.
Cons
Healthcare
Poor work environment
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ONSeptember 11, 2016
Though I had a lot of great coworkers that became fast friends from working there. Very little good to say about the actual employment there in general.
Cashier& Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 1, 2016
Target was a great place to work, Too bad they closed down. You got great hours and could pick up shifts whenever you wanted. I enjoyed working at Target.
Pros
great hours
Cons
overly priced
too short of a stay
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2016
Wanted to stay with them for a longer period of time. Sad it worked out the way it did. Was so happy when l was hired thought it would have been a dream job and lifelong employment.
Pros
Goals met pizza party
Cons
Not enough hours
It was nice at first
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
It was nice at first as Target had a lot of good things going for it. My direct manager was a wonderful person who taught me a whole bunch, but those above them really didn't know what they were doing.
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Life has an infinite number of possibilities and your ability to achieve success is limited only by your imagination. However, there are always trade-offs and sometimes moving in one direction prevents you from moving in another.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 4, 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 12, 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Short but Enjoyable Work Experience
Fitting Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 1, 2016
Very friendly and down to earth coworkers making the job more enjoyable. Allowed for plenty of interaction with customers. Customer service becomes difficult when dealing with difficult customers but this only allowed for situational learning and how to improve both social skills and appropriate actions under stressful or uncomfortable situations. The team leaders were all very friendly and dedicated to their job. They allowed for direction when needed and detailed instruction regarding duties. My typical day at work involved regular routines which I was able to perfect and feel confident about, allowing me to enjoy each day. Overall, I did not have any complaints with this job.
Pros
worked around school schedule, friendly people
Cons
closed down within a year
It was a fun place to work. Lots of awesome people.
Cashier/returns, Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 30, 2016
Target was a pretty good place to work, I was working on the truck unloading in the morning and set up of the departments. Everyone was nice and helpful if I needed something and training was straight forward.
Left with a bad taste
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2016
Target Canada declared bankruptcy, and laid off all there staff with no warning. Most employees found out on social media.
Pros
close to home
Cons
retail
Excellent Team Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 25, 2016
Always being greeted by team members and building relationships while gaining memorable professional experience. Given responsibilities to guide other team members to success. Biggest challenge was time management with large amounts of stock. Most enjoyable was creating life lasting friendships.
Productive team work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 23, 2016
It was a good environment, good team work on daily basis friendly associates to work with. I enjoyed working there it was great!!
competetive and hapening
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
sales oriented competitive with stress on customer service. fun and invigorating. if it had continued it would have been a great place to explore and grow in. had great potential.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Very Fun environment. Amazing & Friendly Employees !!
Softlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Target. Luckily I had the opportunity to work with an amazing team. Very sad the company wasn't succeeding in Canada I would definitely work with the same group if I could. I recommend Target to everyone !! Amazing deals and great collections.
Pros
Free Pizza for lunch
Cons
Long Hours