11,348 reviews

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not so smart of a job choice
Team Member (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: bad management
While working for Target Canada, it has been noted that many of the team leaders have either quit or not done a up to par job at running the store. There tends to be a lack of communication between different department and management as well. On a typical day there is usually multiple directions given and no one knows where to go or what to do. target would definitely not be a life career choice to say the least.
Amazing experience
Corporate Security Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Working for Target Canada is the most enjoyable work experience I have ever encountered. It is an absolute joy going to work, and everyday there is something new to learn.The work/ life balance is perfect for my family and our busy lifestyle.
Was a great place to work
ETL (Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London, ON/Stratford, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Most enjoyable part of working here was the friendships made from working with a company for 2 years. More like family than anything.

This company cared for your growth and development and had a great understanding of work life balance.
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Backroom Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Since day 1, this has been a great company to work for, despite how it is all coming to an end.

Fun atmosphere, everyone pulled their own weight.

All in all, great work experience.
Great team culture
Guest Services Attendant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Team members always well respected and made to feel important. A very fun environment to work. There was always room to learn more and advance our training.
Great culture and fun place to work
Guest Services Team Leader (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great team culture
Cons: leaving canada too soon
Working at Target as part of the management team was fulfilling. The team member culture was positive, fast, fun and friendly. Going to work everyday was always enjoyable with a great focus on work, life balance. The hardest part of the job is disassembling the store as they go out of business in Canada after putting forth so much effort and pride in to building it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
• Greet customers as they arrive and direct them to merchandise they need
• Provided information to customers about the sales in the store
• Highly skilled in using scanners, cash registers, and calculators to calculate the price of items that customers buy
• In-depth knowledge of handling returns and exchanges of goods
• Tag items for price and expiry date
• Balance all transaction at the end of the day for cash reconciliation
great balance between the job and my life.
Team member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people
the job was a great place t learn about guest inquiries and how to handle complaints. i learned how to stock shelves and do re-shop.
Target would either make you or break you
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: recognition, cross training, open door policy, growing from within
Cons: broken supply chain, inexperienced management (hq and etl) accountability, pulled the plug too soon
Great team, great culture. Always FFF..it was a culture that we all lived and breathed. Target offered great training but not enough time for the team to practice it before they were thrown on the floor. You had to be flexible and adaptable, as Target constantly changed routines and practices. If you couldn't adapt and keep up, you would break.

This was the hardest part of the job. Not the constant changing but the fact that most of the changes were minor and would have no impact. Things that should have been done weren't implemented until 3 months before we closed. (Instant labels)

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that the team truly believed "One Team, One Dream". We had the cream of the crop when it came to team members. Eager to learn, eager to cross train, eager to move ahead in this company.

But at the end of the day, all the hard work, all the changes and new procedures, all the Store Visits had absolutely no bearing on anything when ultimately you had a broken supply chain that was broken from Day 1 and was never fixed. The bandaid could only hold for so long and apparently that day was January 15 2015
Fun place to work!
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Extremely enjoyable until it's closing. Loved the team mentality and all of my coworkers. Loved working at the Starbucks.
Fast, fun and friendly work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and management
Cons: long commute
A typical day at Target was always a fast paced and friendly experience. I would arrive to my work station 5 minutes early every shift to disinfect my cash register and work area and repeat this routine every 2 hours. I would greet guests as they approached my register and assist them with all of their purchasing needs. At Target I acquired the experience of a truly enjoyable work environment as well as experience in working with a large variety of people from the public and how to assist their every request. The team leaders and team members of Target were all very friendly and always eager to help me or any other with whatever it is we may need. The most challenging part of the job was keeping up a steady pace during times where we would find ourselves to be extremely busy, however I was always able to keep up and feel that having experience in high pressure situations will greatly benefit me in my future employment situations. The best part about working at Target was being and working as a part of a team.
Target is a great place to work
Finance Manager, FP&A (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
I have worked for Target for over 11 years and it provided me with a tremendous amount of personal growth and development.

Throughout my career at Target, I was able to advance my skills in financial modeling, strategic planning, business case development and leading talented teams.

The people I surrounded myself with as well as the leadership was always focused on development. The talent is second to none and the work culture is very fast paced.
Seasonal (Winter) Contract Job I previously had.
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Good, nothing extraordinary or horrible about being there for the duration of my contract. Co-workers were very friendly.
Job satisfaction with fun fair
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
1. Total work environment is really healthy
2. Friendly Management Team
3. Worker's are co-operative
4. Busy day is enjoyable part of the day to interact with guests (customers)
5. A slow day (typical day) is very hard to kill the time
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Target was a good job, the managers were all very nice and we're all helpful.The pay was reasonably well, I got a bit more than average.
great place to work
Logistic Team Member (Current Employee), Stratford, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Fun environment to work and play in a productive manner. Working with management to get full work out of everyone. Learned how to work machinery like crown stackers and "the wave".
n.a
TARGET CANADA CASHIER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2015
great company great management had a good time in training and felt prepared when started on the register.

nice snacks and food when working a holiday
fun days for staff to play games etc
managers care
Excellent culture
Presentation Team Member (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: cross training
Target Canada is an excellent company to work with, the management and other team members are exceptional. I look forward to work every day. I have been able to be cross trained in all areas of the business and I have had a great experience working with this company
Fun workplace, good culture
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
Was barely there for 3 months before they pulled the plug and decided to exit from Canada. Was on bench most of the time there.
Electronics Team Member (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Good company however definately played favorites and it didnt last long in canada thus making a bunch of us lose our jobs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more