Target Employee Reviews

Good job.
Warehouse Worker + Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get in and start by going to the front end as a brand attendant but as a warehouse worker I would go straight to the warehouse and start work immediately. I learned how to organize the warehouse and operate pallet jacks and a cardboard baler proficiently. Management was friendly but a little scattered and didn't really have good coordination with one another. Co-workers were friendly and good workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers most of the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting merchandising deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches and events.
Cons
Poor coordination of management
awesome place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC13 October 2016
Target was a great place to work and I really miss working there. I started as a seasonal backroom attendant then I then decicded to keep me as a fulltime team member. I moved from backroom to salesfloor for a few months which I applied for cosmetics merch brand attendant where I was resonsible for cosmetics, OTC, pharmacy and the health and beauty department. I liked work with everyone at target as we where like family and all worked well as a team.
Pros
great team members
Productive workplace and welcoming environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2016
My job at Target gave me the opportunity to learn new skills that are handy and useful in the workplace, as well as provide me with the knowledge and experience required for future jobs. Target provided a very diverse and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was working the long hour standing up and dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was being productive and constantly engaging in social interactions. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn about what it means to work for and earn your money.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Rude customers
Wonderful work environment.
Team Leader Presentation & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2016
Target offered their employees a tremendous environment that made working there an enjoyable experience. My co-workers were happy because of the high standards that the company adhered to. Unfortunately it became obvious that something was seriously wrong with the company shortly after our store opened and as we now know, it let to all 122 stores being closed down. I had hoped to work at Target for many years but this wasn't possible. I hope to find another opportunity to use my skills and experience.
Pros
Great environment and happy employees.
Cons
Company failed at the executive level.
My Second Family
Guest Services/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
I loved working here, the staff were wonderful individuals and shift-leads and managers were extremely helpful. They taught you most of the things you need to know, but don't be afraid to ask questions, they totally want to help you.

Expect some fun and joking around now and then, even the managers get in on it too...plus the odd prank livens the work day.
A positive atmosphere before the ship started to sink.
Team Member/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
From my experience they took notice of who was doing what and how, and made an effort to help people reach their full potential. From the point of an employee things seemed to work fine, but I worked nights and did not see how empty the store was.
Pros
Recognition program, Good management
Cons
Unsteady shifts
productive and fun worktime with nice co-workers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2016
a typical day at work would be lifting boxes in warehouses. i learned how to manage my time with the work and also the company's management is nice and understanding. fun and nice co-workers. hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes and the enjoyable part is working with nice people.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
Like all work places, this one had their ups and down.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
This company was very thorough with training their staff.Daily huddles were very motivated. Occasionally we were treated to free meals. Learned about the correct method of disposing chemicals.
Pros
Offered in store openings to staff as a priority.
Cons
Did not rotate the items in the grocery department, the end result was too much wastage that could have been avoided.
Starbucks/ Target
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 October 2016
I learned a lot from this company. I gained training experience and management experience. I learned how to properly clean machinery that was operational in our department. I did inventory counts and ordered supplies. I set up the store for promotions.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
nice co-workers, easily understood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON18 July 2016
- Stocking shelves, maintain a clean workplace, help customers with transactions, operated gas pump computer
- Learned a lot of customer service experience, cashier experience
- Easy going and fun to work with
- good co-workers
- Dealing with upset customers due to things that were beyond my control (pumps pumping gas too slow)
Pros
flexible hours, happy environment
Cons
measuring gas volumes
An excellent company to work for.
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2016
Fun workplace, excellent interviewing process - as a result co-workers very friendly and willing, comfortable environment.

Learned customer satisfaction is the most important aspect of a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure gained from seeing satisfied customers.
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.
A disaster.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
A billion dollar idea that bombed. Lots of promises to employees and customers that never followed through. Awesome security and operation technology, but not enough dedication or man power to pull it off.
Pros
Easy high tech equipment for stock.
Cons
Everything else.
Quiet and comfortable place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2016
The pharmacy was located into the mall. The OTC are was large and the counters, shelves and furniture were new.
I worked by myself and It got very busy when was flu season
Pros
secure place to work, discount for employees at the other departments
Short but Enjoyable Work Experience
Fitting Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 July 2016
Very friendly and down to earth coworkers making the job more enjoyable. Allowed for plenty of interaction with customers. Customer service becomes difficult when dealing with difficult customers but this only allowed for situational learning and how to improve both social skills and appropriate actions under stressful or uncomfortable situations. The team leaders were all very friendly and dedicated to their job. They allowed for direction when needed and detailed instruction regarding duties. My typical day at work involved regular routines which I was able to perfect and feel confident about, allowing me to enjoy each day. Overall, I did not have any complaints with this job.
Pros
worked around school schedule, friendly people
Cons
closed down within a year
A customer centered and fun place to work
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
It was a great place to work while I was there, and I thought it was unfortunate they closed. Everyday it was emphasized that the customer was the most important, and we were encourage to ask every guest if they needed assistance.
The worst
Seasonal Cashier Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
It was my first job and got terminated after two weeks. When asked 'why?'.. the HR lady said, "You're just not the right fit. You're not who we are looking for." Those words still depresses me from that day, 3 years ago. I'm glad they got terminated from Canada.
Lack of Direction from Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2016
Management Direction was lacking, and the Job culture was not up to par with the other places I have worked at. There were never any team meetings or individual feedback for performance. They kept saying that when its gets busy then sales and performance metrics will be instituted.
Sales Floor representative
Sales floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 July 2016
It was a mix of things, great learning experiences with different positions throughout, slow promoting and job title addition. pretty good management team. team work an asset and lack of team work was the hardest part.
Pros
training was great
Cons
slow promotions and company went out of business in Canada.
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 May 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate