Target
9,923 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Target is a Fun, Freindly organization with lot of support of managment.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 22, 2014
Target is a friendly environment to work. All the team leaders are helpful and knowledgeable on their job duties. I learned lots of new things at my position as a sales floor team members, customer service, telephone skills, time management. My co workers are very friendly and understandable. As a team player there was no hard part. we are able to ask – more... questions about any thing to solve our problems. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work as a student. Very flexible hours. Co-workers are amazing. You can spend most of your money while working due to the amazing sales offers.
Average
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay, had an awesome work culture that kept people postive and motivated.
Cons: long hours and sporadic schedule
The job/work balance was difficult but the culture and environment was positive. I learned many management processes that made it possible for me to develop a positive team environment. I developed and refined my communication skills. I learned important knowledge on how to get the most out of my team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant deadlines. – more... These were beneficial to keep us accountable and consistent, but the goals that they set were sometimes unrealistic.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with other co-workers and managers to accomplish different goals. – less
Great Culture
Senior Operations Consultant, Store Replenishment (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2014
The highlight of the experience was the culture. Very open-minded attitude with emphasis on developing courage to push the business forward.
Fast, fun and friendly work place
Sales Team Member (Current Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 15, 2014
It is a fast and friendly work place.Great co-workers, learned about the setting up of a store, inventory management, how to provide exceptional guest service. A typical day would be providing guest satifaction to each and every guest, reshop, and zoning the allotted work areas to keep the store tidy, and stocking merchandise.The hours you get to work – more... is fluctuating which makes it difficult to budget your finances is a hard part of the job. Also the job is physically demanding. I love the fact that the management appreciates and acknowledges hardwork. It is good to interact with people and it feels good to help the guests especially seniors .We have fun activities/ food organised by HR atleast twice a week which is something I enjoy with other teammembers – less
What I have learned at Target
Merchandise Flow Team Leader (Current Employee), Aurora, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: to have a reasonable set schedule
Cons: the lack of support for my development
What I have learned from working at Target is to be a forward thinking Leader with a demonstrated ability to drive business forward, achieve results, motivate teams to achieve excellence, and establish a culture that drives for continuous improvement.

• Established a solid track record in driving and increasing sales, and in identifying efficiencies – more... to maximize both productivity and profits.

• Demonstrated expertise in managing and leading diverse employee groups of up to 30 staff, with a proven record in designing and implementing change and creating training programs to build high performing teams, develop talent, and create strong employee engagement. Possesses highly effective recruiting skills with a proven ability to identify and retain top talent.

• An effective, solutions oriented Manager adept at creative problem solving and strategic planning.

• Skillfully directs concurrent activities and projects to achieve and exceed organizational goals, enhance brand reputation, and drive a superior customer experience.

• Highly skilled in policy development, documentation, and implementation.

• Proven ability to analyse logistical, technical, and operational needs as well as assess change implications. Propose, communicate and implement effective solutions. Demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic action, maximize productivity, and increase sales. – less
Fast Task workplace, specialized in customer service
Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 6, 2014
My overall review working at Target was a great experience, the fact that customer service is their number one priority made it easy for me to complete tasks and assist customer with daily needs.
my co-workers
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 2, 2014
the people who work there are awesome! It's got some really great policies but customers who know how nice we are take advantages of the company and not being very grateful. It could hire a few more people to do more quality tasks instead of using one to do 3 people's tasks.
Productive but stressful place to work
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, NSOctober 1, 2014
Pros: treat staff well with free food and contests to win merchandise
Cons: long hours and expectaions unreasonable for hours allotted
Expectation is 10 hours plus each day
Great co-workers
Upper management expectations unreasonable for the hours you are given
Lots of good perks for staff and management. Food provided, lots of contests
nice
RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 1, 2014
Great people with excellent customer service. Employees treats guess with respect and help achieve their every need
big promises but none delivered
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great team members to work with thats only thing
Cons: working for target
they talk about culture, team, oppurtunities but its a joke.

i started with target before they opened in delta bc and it was amazing in the begining but once we opened it all changed. hours were cut to 4hrs for my workers and they have you do 3 peoples job and expect you to do it in half the time.

any ideas offered are told its not target culture – more... . ok fine well that probably why 95 percent of the targets in bc are loosing money.

they focus on the bottem dollar and will sacrifice anyone to make more money. they dont care if you have bills, family, medical issues. its about target and employees are bottem of the food chain. – less
fine
cashier, sales floor, brand attendent (Former Employee), edmonton albertaSeptember 15, 2014
was a good job
fun enviorment
great staff
great managers
fun everyday that i worked there
Great People not great Management
HR Team Member (Former Employee), AnonymousSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: poor management. not empathetic
The people that worked for Target are great. The hardest part of the job is to deal with frustration as promises from management don't follow through specially when they promise you full 40 hours of work and the next week cut them to 8 or even 4, you can not make a living with that small amount of work.

Despite this problem we were like a big family – more... in the store as Team Members got along pretty well. That is the reason why we stayed together. – less
Great company to work for but upset with management
Cashier/Guest-Service/Backroom (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Target is an amazing company to work for. The company has grown tremendously since its establishment and is continuing to grow. It is a company that will open your eyes and flourishes your experience in the work force. However, I was not happy with the management at all. They were not kind and understanding and appeared very selfish to me after having – more... known them for the past 5 months. I am currently in university and they want me to work full time during the school year, which obviously is not possible. Hence, I was indirectly forced to resign. I handed in my resignation letter as of today. – less
Always friendly, overall good company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee), Welland, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: fun stuff such as, cereal saturdays, sundae sundays, games, draws, prizes, fun environment.
Cons: no steady hours.
-Work in various departments.
-Cashier and Fashion sales associate.
-Always assuring customer satisfaction.
-Maintaining the stores presentation.
-Great management, always an open door policy, very understudying, and always do the best they can for their employees.
-The co-workers are like friends and family, it's a second home. All wonderful staff.
-I – more... have not come across a hard part in my job.
-The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to talk to each and every customer while I'm on the clock, and being able to help them find something, create conversations and really getting to know your "regulars" its always a great feeling. – less
Fun workplace
Aurora Presentation Team (Current Employee), Aurora, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: early start
Cons: not very challenging
Must be able to be extra nice to superiors if you would like to move up in the company, specially in the store level.
Fast, Fun and Friendly
Hard Lines Team Leader (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 28, 2014
There is never a typical day at Target. There is always something new to learn. I have learned a lot about managing a department in a big box store. The most enjoyable part of my is working with the team.
deece
Electronics Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fff events.
Cons: unrealistic expectations
they expect too much, youre physically done if you work too many hours in a week. fff days are cool if you're actually working. Etl's need a reality check but some are very approachable. Time off easy to obtain as long as you remain on good side of the people in charge. hours are really random not guaranteed.
Productive and organized
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: everyone goes on break together.
Cons: overnight shift. (10pm-6am)
We would have a group huddle right at the beginning to discuss our daily goals and targets, recognize team members from previous day, stretch, then prepare to unload truck. After the truck has been unloaded and merchandise properly place in correct locations, the team begins to distribute merchandise to proper aisles. After that task has taken place, – more... the portion of the team begin to place merchandise onto proper shelving and hangers. We continuously repeat this procedure until everything is correctly in place. During this procedure we would maintain cleanliness and proper storing procedures. I learned how to use power equipment. The management team is amazing; very friendly and can effectively communicate with the team. The co-workers bring energy and life to the work place. Everyone was very entertaining, friendly and most importantly productive. The hardest part of the job would probably be the use of new equipment, even the simplest equipment such as the "patel jack." The most enjoyable and most accomplishing feeling would be finishing ahead of schedule and being able to come up with or fix minor projects, tasks and assignments by the team. – less
PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT WORK HERE!
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee), Pickering, OntarioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: you make 10 cents more than minimum wage after 6 months of working there
Cons: everything. hours, management, unfriendly, horrible hr
I worked as a cashier team member at the pickering location. It's all great and friendly when you first start but once you start working with the TL's (your managers) it is absolutely TERRIBLE. They are rude, selfish, and are horrendous at their job. I had to report one of my TL's for literally making fun of me so much it got to the point where I had – more... to call in sick so that he wouldn't bully me anymore and he was my MANAGER! They don't make enough money to give you hours, I wouldn't bother applying! You'll hate it and leave just like everyone else did.

They also give you 10 percent team member discount which literally nothing, and only you and your husband/wife can use it, not your mom, sister, father or child. If you're not married well you're out of luck.

A 16 year old girl who was rude and immature was in charge of all the cashiers and only got that position because one of the TL's loved her. A very known issue, if you apply and get this job, you'll hear about it sooner or later. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more