Target Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee), Red Deer AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: the self check outs running slow or crashing
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, room to advance
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: long hours
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons: the employment did not last long enough
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
A Target Flow Team Member's Responsibilities
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be stocking the store merchandise unloading the morning shipment we receive and helping guests at anytime. I learned that team work was essential to finish all tasks by the end of our shift. The management was great they were very involved with their employees, the co-workers there were also amazing as they were just really down to earth. the hardest part about the job was the very early mornings that need a lot of your morning energy. the most enjoyable part about the job was the versatility within what department i could work in.
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee), Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
Cons: long hours
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: great atmosphere to work in
Cons: target closed
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Working with great people
Cons: Not being notified of scheduling changes
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Great training , supportive and friendly culture
Executive Team Leader-Human Resources (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: team focussed and culture
Cons: sometimes long hours
Target provided a great environment to learn. The management was supportive. It was great to work in a team focussed store and the recognition culture was remarkable.
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
Awesome place to work, with really driven people
Cashier/ Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Awesome people, decent salary, and occasional free lunches.
Cons: Understaffed on some occasions, forced into multiple roles and responsibilities during a shift
I started at Target Canada when they first attempted to move into the Canadian market, I worked there until I was laid off when it was announced that stores would be closing. During the period of a year and 10 months where I was employed by Target Canada I was taught many skills such as proper use of item pda for store item stocking, proficient use of point of sale machine, as well as a cart mover for collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
Awesome team, great job.
Backroom/Flow (Former Employee), Bedford, NSDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Way too much to list
Cons: Fired 17, 000 people and left Canada, favorites were played.
worked there from day one, until it closed. Truly the best Job I ever had. If they returned to Canada I would go back asap.

The box tells me to say more but I have no idea where to start. Good people, good work, got to help people find what they wanted, and made sure they would not buy something that was expensive and useless to them, like keurig 2.0 needing specific kcups, or people who have never owned an apple product and convincing them that the cheaper android version was better for them, and more reliable.
Great Team Culture
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Work life Balance
Cons: Closed Canada early, should have given it some more time
Super work life balance ,well treated by upper management team leaders. Plenty of room to grow all the way from Team Member to leaders and lots of recognition for members doing their job. One of the most enjoyable part of the Job was that it was my second family.
great area very accessible by public transportation
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: easy work system
Cons: long hours
fun work place with supportive management and great discount. I enjoyed working with the great staff as they we always willing to lend a hand when needed.
Family orientated
Store Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 26, 2015
looks out for each other
always has fun working
great people
little supervision
always gives praises
has discounts
great customer values
Difficult place to work once Liquidation came. Lost Job at the end.
Electronic's Team Leader (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Great Team
Cons: Liquidation and Loss of Job
Working at Target was Difficult. When we got our new Manager, he was a jerk and he didn't like the fact that I just finished high school and was promoted to a Electronics Team Leader. so he treated me very poorly. Liquidation then came and everything broke loose. everyone was upset and everyone was tired of getting yelled at by customers. honestly, we all wanted it to end at that point. be everything before that was fun to work at! enjoyed the team culture and meeting new people who made a big difference in my life! As much as I liked working there, i was quite happy to get my package and leave.
fun place to work
Front Checkout Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Fun days with free food.
Cons: Not much opportunities for advancement
Good company culture, employees treated with respect. Good customer service.Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was to come every day knowing that the company was closing.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers happy with the service.
poorly managed
Price Accuracy - (Former Employee), Stratford, ONNovember 6, 2015
promotions were based on who you knew, not who could do the job best. those with actual retail experience were pushed out by insecure management that came from backgrounds with no retail experience.
poorly run