Target

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: store closed
Had so much fun working for this company, sad that it closed the team culture was amazing and the job was fun. Miss it so much !!
Amazing Team I ever work with them
Brand Team Members/Sale Floor in Electronic Dept (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing team. Hiring people with disabilities and Deaf
Cons: Hours is sucks for living supportive.
During my time with Target, my positions were Brand Team Member and Price Change Associate. I used the AD set to scan items, handle inventory of DVD/Blu Ray, CD music, video games, and electronic products. I also unpacked products and put them on the shelves. I was a cashier and always provided excellent assistance with guest shoppers and helped them find the products what they wanted. I have a very strong work ethic and my coworkers would describe me as friendly, passionate, motivated, confident, someone who is always on the time and someone who always gets the job done. I love Target very much but too but The Target Canada decide to leave for good.

I don't approve CEO make a decide to close
Great team atmosphere, with good relationship with customers.
Store-Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee), Rimouski, QCJuly 27, 2015
Typical day was normally fast-pace, learning to balance duties with customer needs. Good support from team leaders and manager.
Hardest part was getting a complete job done in posted shift time, and not leaving duties unfinished. Most enjoyable when you leave knowing you done a good shift and having customers leave with satisfaction and smile.
was a fantastic place to work enjoyed every minute of it. great team members , great enviroment
Brand Attendant-Cleaned store (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: great people, great everything
Cons: it closed
when you started a shift your supervisor would come and tell everyone what was on the agenda for the shift . easy going , our supervisors were always easy going as long as our tasks were completed, i mainly loved about target that everyone was always easy going , motivational and acted like a team 100 percent of the time
Fun safe space workplace
Brand Attendant, Cashier, Stock. (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Great team building, amazing co workers, free Star bucks, great discounts.
Cons: Lost my job, Hours got cut because of business failing, high prices.
Got to be myself around others, also made a lot of new friends, working here, learned a lot about the retail business.

Me and the Team members always got spoiled by amazing food lol and snacks. It was a wonderful experience.

Unfortunately it was short lived because of Target pulling out of Canada so because of that i lost my job.

I've been trying to find work since then, to no avail.

So I figured i would check out Indeed.com recommended to me, by a friend of mine.

I also did pretty much everything in the store, except for Guest services and Mobile.
Amzing co-workers, and a clean facility to work in.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: outgoing team
Cons: a large clutter of mess due to the clothes being set so close together
Throughout the few months I spent at Target i learned a lot about retail and customer service, however from my prior job at Best Buy, I was able to bring forth my skills and display them. I had an amazing time working with my co-workers and I made some great friends while we were on the job. The most enjoyable aspect of working at Target was helping the customers find that one little thing that they were looking for, whether it be a size or a colour or a specific style, and seeing how happy they were by the end of it. I enjoyed every aspect of my job at Target and I didn't suffer through any hardships luckily.
fun place to work
Backroom team member (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 21, 2015
the staff I worked with were great. managers and team leads were supportive, and made the job interesting. my direct supervisor was firm but fair. and made the job easy to do and enjoyable
it was a decent place to work
Sales Floor , Softlines (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: no weekends off
Over all it was a great job. I got along well with the other team members and the guests.
It would have been better if the weekends were divided up more evenly as i hadn't gotten a weekend off in more then a year which makes it difficult to do anything as a family .
But all in all my team leaders were great and I enjoyed working with them .the FFF events were fun
Fun and enjoyable
Stock boy (Former Employee), Montreal QcJuly 20, 2015
Stocking shelves, making sure there was nothing on the floor. Kept the store clean and tidy. A lot of walking. The management wasnt as expected. Weren't friendly. The hard part came when the holidays came. The people I was employed with became long time friends.
very fun to work for super amazing
Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 18, 2015
everyone was like a family we worked all over the store we set up the store from the nothing. loved it there never had any problems everyone was close and respected one another
worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: fewer hours
● Unloaded, picked, staged and loaded products for shipping.
● Installed protective bracing, padding and strapping to prevent shifting and damage to items during transport.
● Resolved service issues in a timely manner, including coordinating and processing returns.
● Oversaw warehousing and storage practices and housekeeping.
very productive fast learning, enviorment where everyone cares for one another, and has respect. fast fun and friendly.
Greet and assist all customers (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good people, room to expand your work abilities in different sections.
Cons: sometimes picked favourites and the hours were slow at times.
a typical day at work was to make sure all customers were on the right track and got all the help they needed for they're well being. I learned how to work as a supervisor and have a lot of responsibility, with things like closing the store etc. also to make sure all product was properly pushed before store opening for a ready to shop store. the hardest part of the job was knowing that my hours were actually never full time and they liked to sometimes give you a whole week off which I didn't like to much.
the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I did it right and I was always giving my customers 1005% satisfaction.
Short run with Target
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 14, 2015
I don't have much to say about Target as It was a very random situation. I enjoyed the small amount of training I received and the company culture was great.
definately was the best company in canada to work for .
sales floor- cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: it closed in canada
this company in Canada was wonderful . it was definitely filled with employees that were FAST FUN and FRIENDLY ! the hardest part of the job was dealing with the guests during liquidation . other than that the store ran smoothly
Fast-Paced Workplace and Supportive Teams
Guest Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Time Always Flew By
Cons: They Pulled Out of Canada
In the backroom I would start every morning by pulling product from their backroom locations and putting it on the sales floor. Once that was done I would put away the product we received in on the trucks. When working on grocery product I would constantly check for expiry dates and that it was properly organized.

On the in-stocks team I would check for discrepancies between our on-hand count for product in the system and compare it to what we actually had in the store. If the numbers were off, I would correct them.

With the fixture management team as we were closing up the store, I would keep the fixtures organized and tidy to make it easier for potential buyers. When buyers came in I would give them tours and work out pricing on the fixtures with them, set up pick up dates, phone potential buyers to give them any information they needed and occasionally carry out larger items if they were incapable of doing so. I developed better people skills while working there.

My immediate supervisors were very task driven and would jump in and work with us all the time to set an example. They were good at keeping us motivated and giving a morale boost when we needed it. They held team huddles where they would take everyone's opinion into consideration when asking how we could improve our system or daily routines.

For the most part, my co-workers were incredibly hard working and we loved our job. All of us would put a lot of effort into keeping our space in the backroom organized so we could work more efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with guests and – more... buyers when we were closing. A lot of the people who came in during our time of liquidation were very difficult to deal with. They were often unhappy, but I would do my best to rectify the situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was always knowing exactly what I needed to do and I very seldom needed to ask questions. This was the result of all the training I went through before actually starting. – less
fun and enjoyable place to work at
Merchandise Brand Team Member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: able book days off in advance
busy day lots of customers . learned to super zone which meant to re-fold or collect item left by guests in the store , the management was difficult because having so many people to report to was a bit hard to keep up with the hardest part about the job was not the item for the guest but we would always call other stores around the area that they would be interest in going to and purchase the item , the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere created by the people i had to work with it was never a boring day
It was a nice work environment.
Warehouse staff (Former Employee), Brossard, QCJuly 11, 2015
Target it is the second-largest discount retailer in the U.S.A. When the company was opened in the Canada I had a opportunity to work there.
I was leaning a lot things in there, like how to work with a team, how to communication with my co-workers and costumers.
Multicultural company with fast fun and friendly approach
Price Accuracy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Parties
Cons: lendthy procedures to handle simple task
Every day at target Canada was a new challenge. It improvised many aspects in different ways to suite the clients and employee relationship.

I learned communication skills while dealing with rough clients.

Managing works in different department was difficult but coworkers of that department were helpful enough to train us.

I had the best co worker at Target Canada.

Hardest part of the job to control customers on a busy sales day.

Target Canada had many voluntary occasions to lend a helping hand for our community. Paint ball and mental knowledge games were my favorite.
Fun and Friendly environment
Customer Service Desk / Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Target was a very fun place to work. Management was fantastic and team members made the shifts go by fast. interacting with guests was almost always a positive experience
Work is the Top Priority
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2015
Punctuality and focus on technical support was the top priority on any given day at Target. Every employee was considered part of the company..

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more