Target

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Shift
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Workplace culture, realistic expectations, accountability
Cons: Different standards throughout the team
A typical shift at the store would be a shift that ranged from 4 hours to 8 hours, normally I worked closing shifts because of my availability with school. Because I mainly worked closing shifts my main task was 'recovery' of the department (I worked in the clothing department, also referred to as softlines),

As a closing team (typically 2 softlines sales floor team members and a fitting room attendant) would be tasked to zone areas of the department (Men's, Women's, Intimates, Shoes, Boys, Girls, and NIT) normally starting with the worst and working our way through all areas of the department and if time allowed it going over each department again. This was done to ensure that the morning crew walked into a well zoned store to make it easier to put out new product from shipments.

In any given shift although tasking was important, the guest was still the number one priority, asking them if "Can help them find something?", if my store was out of a particular item offering to call another location to see if it was available.

Because guests came first most sales floor team members were cash trained so if a 1 +1 was needed (extra cashiers called up to the front check lanes), meaning some nights I would be up on cash until the rush died down and I could return to tasking.

Through my experience at Target I learned how to work with many different personalities, and different departments. I've seen my team success, but I've also seen us fall short of our goals. But somehow we still manage to function like a well oiled machine.
Kays Cleaning
Merchandising and Stocking (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 29, 2015
- A typical day either started at 6 or 7 AM, and I worked with a team of 2 other ladies whom assisted in cleaning mostly residential houses and a few industrial buildings.
- I learned a lot of hands on cleaning techniques that I wasn't aware of prior to this job experience
- My co workers were very pleasant
- The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was on call
- The job in general was very enjoyable because I enjoy cleaning and because it I had a good team and it payed well
Excellent work environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 28, 2015
Pros: We were like a family
Cons: Store closed
My co-workers and management were amazing,we all got along like a family. I always enjoyed going into work, everyone was so energetic and happy to be there. There was never a dull moment whether it was a slow day or a fast day; we always managed to make the best out of everything.
What a fun place to work!
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2015
Everyone was so nice to work with and everyone was so supportive. The management was amazing and was always there for you if you had any issues you needed help with.
Great experience, fun place to work
Backroom Instocks Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good team and atmosphere
Cons: target closing
Really enjoyed working for the company over the last 2 years and have gained so many skills. A typical day at work would be customer service, stocking merchandise in a timely matter and leading the team. Ensuring all onhand issues are corrected so we can get replenishment. Met some wonderful people and made many memories I'll cherish forever.
fun workplace
Merch brand/sales (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 26, 2015
a typical workday would involve cleaning, helping guest, and keeping everything running smooth. i learnt a lot about retail and the proper way to help guests.
Awesome culture and people
BUYER - LAWN & PATIO (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2015
In retail, fire fighting in between meeting deadlines is par for the course. I am stimulated by environments like this where prioritizing is critical to keeping the business moving forward.

Target used many cross functional teams for projects and had a very collaborative work environment which is valuable to get different perspective on solutions. Cooperating with coworkers was the only way to get the job done.

I learned to accept feedback and give recognition when it was deserved.

As forecast captain, I also honed my forecasting skills and thoroughly enjoy the process.
Target is a great company to work for, great values
Sr Team Lead, Market, Home&Decor (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Target provided us with food at least 2 times a month
Cons: Target shut the doors
A typical day at work was, check emails and then out to the floor to make sure the store was clean and ready for our guests. Open registers, open door and then it was making sure that the team members were zoning and putting out stock, checking for expires in the grocery area. Helping guest find the products they are looking for and making sure that our team members were having a great day.
friendly environment at Target
Customer service representative and cashier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2015
Target in Canada is closing soon so there is no safety in this job, Target environment is really friendly , dynamic and empathetic, I loved to work at this company but it happened for this store to pull out from Canada
I learned a lot from Target working with the public , being around the people and learning from all,
Gave me the ability to learn new skills and master the ones i have
Sr TeamLeader logistics (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: store closing down
Busy fast pace with deadlines to meet everyday
I learned to be a better leader and manage teams skills to get the work complete everyday
I became a stronger leader, learned new skills and was able to teach team members new skills and watch them grow and move up. I learned from my co workers the skills they were stronger in and they also learned from me
the hardest part of my job was learning how to lead not just manage with a wide range of ages and knowledge
the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday, teaching and learning from my fellow co workers and my team members
Fast, Fun, and friendly
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Full Benefits, great co-workers
A typical day was getting in at 2pm working to 10pm. on truck days I was mostly backstock, and a few pushes, plus any backstock from the early morning pulls. At 4pm there was pulls to completely pull push, and backstock. Also throughout the night guest/ sales floor requests had to be completed. I learned how to use crown stackers, waves.
Target was a fun place to work at while they were in Canada for the short time that they were
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 23, 2015
Was a good place to work at but they left Canada and then i had to go and look for a new job.

Co workers are great
the staff was great
the time was good and hours were good for good workers

The store was fun and always trained their employees well.
terrible management, no advancement
Senior floor Team Member (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 22, 2015
the management didn't know what they where doing, they where filled with empty promises that made the team hate working.
the most enjoyable part of working was being understood by fellow co workers.
SUPERB team culture
Softlines / Flow Team Member / Cashier (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: amazing flexibiliy
Cons: very early mornings
Softlines shifts mostly consisted of organization and zoning/facing racks of clothing.
Flow days were strictly team-based, as we worked together to get the shelves mostly stocked before the store opened.
I learned that having a great team at your side is in complete correlation with how quickly and efficiently work gets finished.
Management was always understanding and professional.
Hardest part of the job was having to tell customers that we did not have a product in stock, and we did not know when the product would be arriving in our store.
The most enjoyable was seeing my team working together and having a great time despite being at work and having to accomplish important tasks.
Employer used people inappropriately
Customer Service, Forklift (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 20, 2015
Unloaded and loaded trucks. Used RF scanner to locate items and put into stock. Also kept up the inventory levels. There was a great deal of satisfaction when we got a raise.
Enjoyed going to work, felt accomplished
Backroom Team Leader (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: fast paced enviornment
Cons: company communication
Following up with team members to ensure daily workloads were complete, checking in to the receiving area to check on deliveries and checking on workloads if area needed support, partnering with other teams and leaders to ensure guest satisfaction was number one priortiy. Learned a lot of leadership skills through my executive team leaders, great work environment, friendly. Difficult with communication from company, would receive multiple directions for same tasks, came from head office.
Great staff and management.
Target Cashier & Starbucks (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 19, 2015
Pros: nice lunch room, nice co-workers
Cons: inflexibility of hours
Great staff. Nice workplace. Everyone helps each other out when they are in need. Learned alot about customers. Hardest part is when Target didnt say anything that they are closing down.
Fun Company while it lasted
Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: community-based events
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Target Canada is very quiet except for the weekend although you may work in a certain department you are often told by management to go to other departments(team work). The hourly wage is horrible and there are never any hours for the staff. The co-workers were fun and very helpful.
Great co-workers new company with lots of demand
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Target had lots of potential. Employees worked very hard and demands on work-life balance great. Nice pay and benefits.
target canada
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 15, 2015
I going to missed this store great team.
My experience working at Target was very challenging and I was equal working there with staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more