Target
10,255 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Have Enjoyed working there
Senior Flow Team leader - Logistics (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Lead the biggest team in the store with 26 team members and while during my LOD shifts used to look after the whole store.
Amazing team culture and used to enjoy my role and working along with my team on the trailers.
Awesome place to work, the hours are rough though
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 21, 2014
The team culture and people were amazing to work with. The job was easy, and at times fun. There was always food in the break room, and different little parties and events.
The managers were always supportive, worked hard and did whatever they could to get you where you need to be. Frequent job postings for advancements.

However, the hours fluctuate – more... a lot. Some slower weeks there was no work, others there wasn't a lot of time off! It was often hard to manage other aspects of life based on a fluctuating schedule. – less
Fun place to work
Flow team member (Former Employee), Orleans, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great staff
- Unloading shipment and putting on the shelf

- How to work the Christmas rush

- The team was fantastic

- Long shift's

-Talking to the public
great team, with lots of fast paced work
Signing Team Member (Current Employee), Delta, BCNovember 18, 2014
start early mornings, or a possible overnight shift
fast paced work
great team culture, love working with my co-workers
all work together for one goal
keep open communication with everyone
A Fast Growing Department Store Franchise in North America
Flow Merchandiser/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2014
Pros: occassional free lunch, always recognizing team effort, great work benefits
Cons: not as large compared to its competitiors in canada, but is growing fast.
A company filled with great team culture, respect for environment, and humane management that constantly drives its workers to work up to their highest potential, to provide excellent customer service experience to guests.

Each day the company holds a short quick meeting, which starts by giving recognition to some of the members who revealed great – more... guest service moments, and goes on to praise about team achievements with sales.

The company stands out among its competitors in a way that it encourages its employees to achieve the attainable goals set by managers, rather than expressing disappointments for not meeting up the expectations. This was a great learning experience for me, as now I know that people want to be encouraged rather than blamed, and want to be led than managed.

The customers are referred to as "guests", which is the greatest value of the company, and thus their priorities always come first. Depending on situations, the company offers a variety of feasible deals for guests who have reasonable complaints or feedback on products or services provided.

The company also values its employees as the greatest asset, in which unsafe practices in work environments are discouraged if they can physically harm the employeees, even if it can be unbenefitcial to the company. The company also strictly complies with its safety rules for its employees, giving immediate attention to any impolitical offence among the team members, to ensure the respectful work environment is maintained for everyone.

The hardest challenge is neither more, nor less than leaving the guests satisfied and ensuring them to come back to the store, which contributes to increase in sales, eventually causing more benefits to employees and the company. It is also the most enjoyable part of the job, as there is nothing more pleasant about seeing the guests smiling when they leave. – less
Having fun with my team!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount!!
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be supervisor cashiers. Check guests out of the till and work in guest service.
I learned how to be a supervisor , treat people with respect in the work place. I also learned how to be the best i can always be for my team.
I have worked with amazing people that i learned how to work in a place professionally.
The hardest – more... part of the job was juggling be a cashier and also being a supervisor.
The most memorable moment of the job was the team i had they were nice and understanding people. – less
Good company, good benefits
Guest Services Team Leader (Current Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 11, 2014
Good team culture vibe. I enjoy working there for the most part.
Good company, good benefits
Guest Services Team Leader (Current Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 11, 2014
Good team culture vibe. I enjoy working there for the most part.
Great first time job
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 8, 2014
Pros: events such as free food.
Cons: everything else
Though I did receive a basic training for future jobs at Target Canada, it is not the most desirable place to be. I gave each aspect 1 star because it was mandatory to do so, there is no opportunity for advancement inside the store, they almost always hire from outside of the store. Almost everyone in management have never been a team member before, – more... so they have no idea the amount of work they give you, they give you an unreasonable amount of work in an unreasonable amount of time and their tactic in dealing with the matter is flawed. Co-workers are usually grumpy and moody because they've been worked too hard too long for not enough money, and pulled in every other direction a million times. But sometimes they have cake in the break room so. – less
Bad atmosphere
price accuracy (Former Employee), Nanaimo, B.CNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free food
Worst management ever. If sara didn't like you, forget it. You are out. Early hours. supervisors cant make a schedule properly...very clique like work environment...worst place Ive ever worked at. never got a thank you
Open door policy is not for everyone
tm (Former Employee), ontarioNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free food, decent wage
Cons: nothing is worth the headache that this store's culture encourages.
The Target I worked at really promoted an "open-door culture" for their HR and TLs. This all sounds good on paper but what it really translates to is adults acting like children if an issue arises. A few coworkers and I always said that "anything you say can and will be taken the wrong way and used against you" which usually resulted in multiple talks – more... for most of the staff. Someone minorly inconvenienced by something you said or done? Better be prepared to be dragged off and be spoken to about it for 30 minutes and have more of your time wasted. I spent a year there and was consistently a high performer. I showed up to all my shifts and worked extra when I could. I volunteered for midnights for months at a time when it was available. If you enjoy working in a place that breeds passive-aggressiveness then don't waste any more time and apply now. – less
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 24, 2014
Cons: schedules are not always done according to your availability
a typical day at work is standing at the cashlane wishing there was something to do, as cashiers are not allowed to leave their cashlane for long periods of time their is only a limited amount we can do to keep ourselves busy. Depending on the amount of cashiers working we are usually looking for things to do whether it is going through isles to make – more... sure they are tidy or putting the re-shop away a days work as a cashier at target can feel like a life time of doing nothing. many of my co-workers are great to work with they make the days work entertaining. the hardest part of the job for me is to promote the red card this is a "required" job cashiers are forced to do, it is a difficult job because after asking over a dozen people if they would like to apply for the card you end up feeling as though you are harassing them into applying for something they dont actually want. the most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers they are fun to talk to and work with. – less
Terrible work life balance
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 22, 2014
If you are looking to join Target as an Executive Team Leader, be sure you are ready to devote 55-60 hours a week minimum,which is the requirement. Although, during the recruiting process they preach work life balance which is none existent.The turnover in this position as unreal.
Target is a Fun, Freindly organization with lot of support of managment.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 22, 2014
Target is a friendly environment to work. All the team leaders are helpful and knowledgeable on their job duties. I learned lots of new things at my position as a sales floor team members, customer service, telephone skills, time management. My co workers are very friendly and understandable. As a team player there was no hard part. we are able to ask – more... questions about any thing to solve our problems. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work as a student. Very flexible hours. Co-workers are amazing. You can spend most of your money while working due to the amazing sales offers.
Average
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay, had an awesome work culture that kept people postive and motivated.
Cons: long hours and sporadic schedule
The job/work balance was difficult but the culture and environment was positive. I learned many management processes that made it possible for me to develop a positive team environment. I developed and refined my communication skills. I learned important knowledge on how to get the most out of my team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant deadlines. – more... These were beneficial to keep us accountable and consistent, but the goals that they set were sometimes unrealistic.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with other co-workers and managers to accomplish different goals. – less
Great Culture
Senior Operations Consultant, Store Replenishment (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2014
The highlight of the experience was the culture. Very open-minded attitude with emphasis on developing courage to push the business forward.
Fast, fun and friendly work place
Sales Team Member (Current Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 15, 2014
It is a fast and friendly work place.Great co-workers, learned about the setting up of a store, inventory management, how to provide exceptional guest service. A typical day would be providing guest satifaction to each and every guest, reshop, and zoning the allotted work areas to keep the store tidy, and stocking merchandise.The hours you get to work – more... is fluctuating which makes it difficult to budget your finances is a hard part of the job. Also the job is physically demanding. I love the fact that the management appreciates and acknowledges hardwork. It is good to interact with people and it feels good to help the guests especially seniors .We have fun activities/ food organised by HR atleast twice a week which is something I enjoy with other teammembers – less
What I have learned at Target
Merchandise Flow Team Leader (Current Employee), Aurora, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: to have a reasonable set schedule
Cons: the lack of support for my development
What I have learned from working at Target is to be a forward thinking Leader with a demonstrated ability to drive business forward, achieve results, motivate teams to achieve excellence, and establish a culture that drives for continuous improvement.

• Established a solid track record in driving and increasing sales, and in identifying efficiencies – more... to maximize both productivity and profits.

• Demonstrated expertise in managing and leading diverse employee groups of up to 30 staff, with a proven record in designing and implementing change and creating training programs to build high performing teams, develop talent, and create strong employee engagement. Possesses highly effective recruiting skills with a proven ability to identify and retain top talent.

• An effective, solutions oriented Manager adept at creative problem solving and strategic planning.

• Skillfully directs concurrent activities and projects to achieve and exceed organizational goals, enhance brand reputation, and drive a superior customer experience.

• Highly skilled in policy development, documentation, and implementation.

• Proven ability to analyse logistical, technical, and operational needs as well as assess change implications. Propose, communicate and implement effective solutions. Demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic action, maximize productivity, and increase sales. – less
Fast Task workplace, specialized in customer service
Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 6, 2014
My overall review working at Target was a great experience, the fact that customer service is their number one priority made it easy for me to complete tasks and assist customer with daily needs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more