Target Employee Reviews

too much fun
Merchandise Flow & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 October 2017
Target shut down all over canada. but it was a fun place to work. staff was very friendly and had great benefits too. I wish it never shut down. miss that place
Cruel Management
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
Management including HR treats you as trash. Co workers are great people. We love to laugh and share international food during lunch our. You wiil get fired if you don't follow scheduled lunch break.
Pros
free food
Cons
sadistic management
Amazing part time work
Cashier and Softlines (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 October 2017
One of the best places I've ever worked. Amazing and helpful management. Great scheduling department, will work with your availability. Fun and fast pace work!
Amazingly dedicated and kind management.
electronics assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS1 October 2017
You might be looking at that like wow almost all 5 stars. Yes x100.
Target did things right. You went to work in the morning and you would always have a group meeting. This was to make sure everyone is feeling okay emotionally and prepare them for the day.
Not only that but you would have consent help from everyone. The team leaders did a good job connecting everyone and keeping everyone safe.

This job came with amazing pay, clean environment, benefits after 3 months, amazing hours, + no tax on items for employees. The only downside is you can be let go due to being hospitalized for even 2 days. I understand because they always want active team members. But that's harsh if you get into an accident and lose your job because of it. All and all, 10/10 would work there again.
Pros
The Amazing management + no tax.
Cons
Risky sick days.
Okay Place to wokr
Full-Time Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 September 2017
Very busy, and budget orientated. However my experience was fun. I had a great time doing HR there. Too bad it closed down in Canada. But If you're new to Human Resources, its a great place to get experience and develop new skill sets.
Cons
poor pay.
Good company, poorly ran, new to Canada
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2017
Was happy to gain a full time status within this new company. I had a lot of experience going into this job as I had worked for a competitor for several years prior.
Great staff and environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Great work place and people. Sadly they did not listen to staff on how ordering should be and to much restock that wasnt selling.
Management was great and very understanding.
Steady pace environment
Cashier, Customer Service, Soft Lines (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
A typical day at work consisted of ringing items through cash, stocking and facing aisles and keeping lane tidy. Management was ok. Hardest part of the job was working in a "high school like" environment and the most enjoyable part was helping the customers with everything and anything needed.
Pros
Discounted items, free food
Cons
Shelves never stocked due to poor stock check and delivery scheduling
Amazing
loading/unloading and order picking (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 September 2017
I loved it is was always before my time to get there I'm always on time and reliable they loved me I'm fast it made me feel good to be working in love to work
Pros
All trades
Cons
N/a
Good place to work but the customers were very rude
Merchandising Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke ON22 September 2017
Target was a good company to work for but the customers were always very upset because our stock was constantly empty. The managers and employees were all very nice and welcoming into the Target family. If we had been set up better to be more successful in Canada then I think it would have been a perfect work environment.
Pros
got to work overnights a lot with less supervision
Cons
customers were very rude
Not applicable
Group Manager, Merchandise Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2017
Target is no longer in Canada. There is no option to select N/A to this request.
It was a great culture and company but unfortunately, was not set up for success.
Nice place to work at.
Customer Service Merchandising (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CA21 September 2017
Plenty of incentive very accommodating place to work at Team leaders store manager always have time to assist you for any questions about work environment... Good job incentives and promotions
Always provided group chats
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB20 September 2017
Wasn't busy there often.
Not sure why it matters.
Place isn't in Canada anymore.
I enjoyed the people there. They were friendly and nice. We were all really good at our jobs.
Pros
free food
Cons
yelled at
really enjoyed working here
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
I love working here. Made lots of friends. The management staff was fun to work with. The hours and rate of pay was really good. Learned lots of new things. Miss working here
The environment was too corporate with too much raw raw for Target.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 September 2017
I didn't like my job at Target and was happy to leave. Target has a policy of making everyone a Target person. This is very tiresome with lots of general meetings about motivation etc. Yet management did not follow through with support for the employees.
Great work environment
Backroom Team Member/cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 September 2017
Back stocking, bringing stock from backroom to the store.
I learned to operate a cash register.
Management was great.
Hardest part of the job for me was going up on ladders.
The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the cash register.
Pros
good experience
Cons
part time hours
Productive and empowering workforce at the warehouses
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 September 2017
Working at warehouses with target has been fun, still is. It is the employees right to pick where they want to work from a variety of choices. In addition to this, other job offers are made available for employees who do not wish to work in the warehousing deoertment.
Pros
Extended lunch breaks
Cons
Late shifts
Probably one of the best jobs for students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON7 September 2017
I loved working here, management was a little bit shaky but overall it was quite great. It's a shame that Target had to close in Canada. Management was extremely accommodating when it came to school responsibilities.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Managers changed often
it wAs fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
it was pretty far as well, really fun tho,
loved my employees, loved my supervisors.
the environment was great.
was quite disappointed when it closed down tho
Fun upbeat place to work
Operator/Fitting Room Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 September 2017
Working at Target was great, they had a great culture and made attempts to make working their more fun. The team was great as well and the merchandise was fun to go through. Jobs were very variable so each day wasn't the same monotonous stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.