Target

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best job
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: team members, team events
My time at Target. was incredible the team members that we have are not just employees we are a family. Going into work feels like a home away from home. Target and the team members that I have worked with for the last couple year really taught me a number of things, how to be a good friend and also how to become a great Leader and with that i would have to say Target is the best job
Fun high paced enviroment
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: positive team enviroment
Cons: target canada has closed all its stores
I have been successful in my current role as the driving force of promoting a prevention culture through educational awareness and collaboration with law enforcement. At Target I have been fortunate to have access to amazing resources like the National Investigation Centre, Asset Protection Business Partners, Field Investigators, and Special Investigation Units.
I have also been the lead investigator for many internal investigations that led to the restitution of thousands of dollars to Target Canada. Through my leadership role we have been able to create a preventative culture in a safe and a secure environment. This role as the Asset Protection Leader has been diverse, collecting loss and sales data, deployment of covert/cctv cameras, review of video evidence, conduct internal/ external investigations, loss mitigation, partnering with Mall Security, Thunder Bay Police and Crown Prosecutors, building successful external theft cases, promoting safety, assistant store manager and much more. I have forged strong collaborative relationships with Thunder Bay Police, public health organizations and community agencies, and the Target Asset Protection Team. I have had the opportunity over the last year to give back to my peers becoming the District Trainer for Target Video Solutions, Target Case Management report software and a lead mentor program for new Asset Protection Leaders.
Fun and Fast paced work environment
Human Resources (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: honest management
Cons: staggered days off
My typical day at work consists of Daily Routines:
Check if there was any violations on meal breaks (compliance) for all employees.
Review schedule for the day see if there's any scheduling issues due to people calling in sick or Team Leader is not expecting a busy day.
The past year there has been a couple of transition in my work centre it involved training and hiring a new Executive Team Leader for Human Resources, that has been one of the hardest part of my job, since i have to make sure routines is done and at the same time train and also meet the expected deadlines for an Executive Team Leader. To be honest the most enjoyable part of the job is being a key resources for the store, team leaders and team members. Building an honest and open communication with the people in the store made it a good place for me to start my career. It is just really unfortunate that Target Canada is pulling out of the country.
Friendly company taking chances in Canadian market
Hardlines Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: leaving the canadian market
Target is a major US company that decided to enter the Canadian market after learning a fair bit of their customer demographic comes to the US from Canada to shop for cheap.

Target teaches their employees about customer service and the basic principle of FFF: Fun Fast Friendly

Management is very good with their workers and provides a good atmosphere for their workers as well

The hardest part of the job will be leaving Target after they shut down this year (2015)
Amazing Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Orillia OntarioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the people and the clean environment
Cons: the business closing down
Such a great job with amazing people and great experiences. I was always valued as a team member and felt important to the overall success of Target
Hated Working At Target
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, decent wage
Cons: discount, management, no staff washrooms
I did not like working at Target whatsoever; my direct report was completely useless, leaving me to figure out things for myself if I needed an answer to a problem or put in a help request at head office, which sometimes went unanswered. They did try to make it a nice place for the staff to work though.
Upper Management Failed
Flow Team Captain, Instocks Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: company culture
Cons: bankruptcy
It is well known how Target Canada failed, however at the store level at least at my store, everyone from the store team lead(store manager) to the lowest team member did their very best to help the store succeed. I worked for two of the best managers/supervisors I have ever had. The best part of working at Target was my fellow employees, in only two short years we became a very close group.
Rewarding work atmosphere
Human Resources Team Member (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 2, 2015
Amazing culture but poor communication among managers and employees.

Target's expansion was miscalculated and did not have a positive impact in the Canadian retail industry. It is really a shame since Target has an amazing team culture and excellent guest service experience which will be missed.
flexible and embracing atmosphere
Cashier and Guest Services Employee (Former Employee), cashierMarch 1, 2015
I learned to embrace and balance a busy work place with ease and multi tasking became second nature in my role. the ability to work with others and being able to work independently was a useful key in my job.
Fun Place with Great Opportunity
Team Leader Backroom/InStocks (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great events, great co-workers, caring environment
A typical work day would include and fast paced environment with clear tasks and goals but always had fun while doing it. I learned many things but the most important was to always stay positive, I quickly became resilient and adaptable.

Management was great to work with, always took time to provide feedback, gave stretch assignments constantly to develop the people wanting to expand their horizons.

Hardest part of the job would have to be sometimes the physical endurance you needed to keep up with large trailers (3000 piece plus).

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction we got from surpassing goals and celebrating with our co-workers. Also all the fun we had together and working closely as a team to accomplish or goals.
Motivated and culture driven company. Best company I have ever worked for.
Senior Team Lead-Hardlines (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great team atmosphere
My experience at Target was fantastic. I was mentored by a very strong STL and HR leader who helped me achieve my goals and worked on advancement in the company. The management team had great communication skills and worked together as a group to achieve the goals that were set for the store. I worked with my team with the same attitude. I helped to get them crossed trained in the other areas of the store as well as mentor them for advancement from a team member to a team leader.
FFF: Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free treats, movie days
- would unload a trailer with typically 2500 pieces
- would push the stock to the floor
- would open and stock the product in its correct location
- any leftover stock would then be backstocked
Productive and Amazing Environment
Brand Consumable Team Member (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
Pros: acceptance, full time, working as a team.
Cons: closing
When I first found out target was coming to Winnipeg and it was close to home I wanted to apply, it was kinda a dream job for me. It was an amazing experience.
I worked in market, i delt with food expiry and much more like ordering fro, Pepsi and Coke and milk delivery ect.
i learned how to manage my time efficiently and bee able to follow a dead line.
I love all my co-workers everyone there is so nice and friendly we all worked as a team!!
I really enjoyed working at target and i am sad its closing.

This review was mandatory or else indeed wouldn't allow me to upload target as experience!
Amazing atmosphere with great people
Senior Team Leader - Hardlines/Electronics (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: team member discount
Working at Target as taught me a lot about retail and leadership. A typical day at working at Target would be for me to assess any opportunities in the store (particularly my areas in the store) and address it with my team to help generate sales by making crucial merchandising decisions. The team morale is amazing to be a part of as it makes working more enjoyable with the team which I also learned helps drive better results.
Productive and fun workplace with great team effort
Backroom Team Member/Electronics Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Working for Target Canada is like working with a family. We always work together in a fast, efficient way to get the pallets of stock to the floor and then to put the products away.
There was always little contests and special treat days to add both the fun factor and incentives for team members to make it the days more enjoyable and for team building.
Friendly people, positive work environment, questionable hours.
Brand Merchandising (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly, free food occasionally
Cons: hours all over the place
Although target was a generally good and friendly place to work, it did have it's downsides with rumours about dishonesty from management while we are closing as well as hours becoming a mess and sometimes cut a great deal for me and my co-workers. I was also told I would be working full-time only to see my hours at 25-30 hours weekly and occasionally having the schedule changed last minute without informing me.
Friendly environment
Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it's closing
It was good while it lasted, the work was enjoyable and the people were great to work with. The hours were flexible and the location was perfect for my situation. I'm sad that Target is closing because it worked really well for me and it had a good working environment.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, great company culture, lots of opportunity for growth. very collaborative, you'll learn a lot, have a great support system, especially if you have a good team.
Cons: too much red tape, not hard enough on low-performers, sometimes an unhealthy level of competition, some cliquey behaviour
Operations are no longer in Canada, however it is similar to the US.
Very top down and structured company. Overly reactive management in many cases, which is likely due to being the "little brother" to the US.
Not so smart of a job choice
Team Member (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: bad management
While working for Target Canada, it has been noted that many of the team leaders have either quit or not done a up to par job at running the store. There tends to be a lack of communication between different department and management as well. On a typical day there is usually multiple directions given and no one knows where to go or what to do. target would definitely not be a life career choice to say the least.
Amazing experience
Corporate Security Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Working for Target Canada is the most enjoyable work experience I have ever encountered. It is an absolute joy going to work, and everyday there is something new to learn.The work/ life balance is perfect for my family and our busy lifestyle.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more