Target Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Cruel Management
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
Management including HR treats you as trash. Co workers are great people. We love to laugh and share international food during lunch our. You wiil get fired if you don't follow scheduled lunch break.
Pros
free food
Cons
sadistic management
Part time position
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
Target is closed down and no longer a job option for anyone living in Canada. More of a high school job position, management was young and not a lot of training was given.
My Second Family
Guest Services/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 November 2016
I loved working here, the staff were wonderful individuals and shift-leads and managers were extremely helpful. They taught you most of the things you need to know, but don't be afraid to ask questions, they totally want to help you.

Expect some fun and joking around now and then, even the managers get in on it too...plus the odd prank livens the work day.
Guest Services Cashier, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 March 2016
Good place to work, learned to work within a team, gained skills in customer services, and general on goings of retail. Learned cashier duties, front end goal such as promoting red cards, dealing with difficult costumers, assisting with costumer inquiries and requests
Cash and Guest services attendant Target Canada
Cashier & Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 November 2015
Working with people on the sales floor, and on cash. Greeting guest, looking for items in back rooms or on the floor. Returns, purchases, and re packaging. Selling, target master cards, tending to all jobs when needed.
Doomed from the beggining
GSA (Former Employee) –  Trarget Canada3 November 2015
it is no surprise that a company with this style of business failed. from the get go the structure of a pyramid scheme was evident. with little room for growth power went to the popular, not the qualified.
Fun atmosphere
GSA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta14 October 2015
A typical day at Target was when the self check outs were either running very slow or crashing and it up setted the guests and then they would take it out on the employee's. the thing is that you were always learning new things about the company and getting the necessary feed back from management they gave the support and they always helped out and they didnt hide in the office like the ones at Walmart would. I want target back it was the best company to work for I honestly think that if the company had budgeted for a loss and then it would have come around and would have gotten better and the consumers have got to get their heads out of their butts and allow other competitive companies in it took ex number of years for walmart to get where they are and target would have done the same if given the chance and not pull out after short time it takes time to bounce back and that is with ALL companies big and small.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
the self check outs running slow or crashing
Fun place to work with games in lunch room
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 August 2015
Very team based. Had random days for employees like flapjack fridays, cereal sundays. They had a bunch of games in the lunch room with a little library. Everyone helps everyone else on the team.
Pros
Free lunches, games in lunchroom
Great
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS20 August 2015
Learned a lot about working in retail. Management was great, always made sure you knew what expectations were throughout your shift.
Employee's were happy to come into work great environment to work in.
It is to bad the stores had to close.
Fast-Paced Workplace and Supportive Teams
Guest Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 July 2015
In the backroom I would start every morning by pulling product from their backroom locations and putting it on the sales floor. Once that was done I would put away the product we received in on the trucks. When working on grocery product I would constantly check for expiry dates and that it was properly organized.

On the in-stocks team I would check for discrepancies between our on-hand count for product in the system and compare it to what we actually had in the store. If the numbers were off, I would correct them.

With the fixture management team as we were closing up the store, I would keep the fixtures organized and tidy to make it easier for potential buyers. When buyers came in I would give them tours and work out pricing on the fixtures with them, set up pick up dates, phone potential buyers to give them any information they needed and occasionally carry out larger items if they were incapable of doing so. I developed better people skills while working there.

My immediate supervisors were very task driven and would jump in and work with us all the time to set an example. They were good at keeping us motivated and giving a morale boost when we needed it. They held team huddles where they would take everyone's opinion into consideration when asking how we could improve our system or daily routines.

For the most part, my co-workers were incredibly hard working and we loved our job. All of us would put a lot of effort into keeping our space in the backroom organized so we could work more efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with guests and
  more... buyers when we were closing. A lot of the people who came in during our time of liquidation were very difficult to deal with. They were often unhappy, but I would do my best to rectify the situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was always knowing exactly what I needed to do and I very seldom needed to ask questions. This was the result of all the training I went through before actually starting.  less
Pros
Time Always Flew By
Cons
They Pulled Out of Canada
Perfect job in all ways
Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlington11 May 2015
A typical work day would consist of making sure that all the cashiers were in order and also taking care of the front end making sure that pogs were filled that the front end of the store was zoned.

Taking care of returns and making sure that guests always were happy and they were taken care of.

I have learned very much working for target in most of every department, One of the biggest things I have learned how to do Reverse logistics & shipping receiving.

After being with the company and they put me with a management roll which was amazing training and the way our company helped me grow into the roll.

My coworkers were perfect we all worked as a big family never a stupid question and always willing to work together we were all determined to do our very best.

The hardest part of my job wasn't anything my job as a whole was always manageable and very enjoyable we always made sure to get our tasks done every day
Pros
great co workers
Cons
it closed
Was great to be with a retailer with a proven track record, in the US
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 May 2015
Target Canada opened 2 years ago in Kamloops. I was with the store from opening, initially in the Back Room, becoming a Guest Service Agent after 6 months.

The GSA was required to interact with every department. Specific duties included Cash Management, Safe and Till Counting and Balancing (21 cash lanes), while overseeing cashier Personnel. and interacting with Guests to Mediate Disputes, Answer Questions and Solve Problems.. all within the company's policies.

Local Management (immediate supervisors and store management) were committed to delivering as good a Guest Experience as was possible.

Was a very good place to work overall...Guests became Friends and were generally committed Target Shoppers (in Kamloops)
Pros
Respectful and Helpful Local Management and Corporate Policies
Cons
Nil
Target was a fun place to work at while they were in Canada for the short time that they were
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 March 2015
Was a good place to work at but they left Canada and then i had to go and look for a new job.

Co workers are great
the staff was great
the time was good and hours were good for good workers

The store was fun and always trained their employees well.
fast pace environment
Guest service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2015
Good company but unfortunately close their operations from Canada

Management and team members are excellent helping each other

Providing excellent services to guests
great place to work
Guest Service Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 March 2015
great place to work, sad to see it leave. I enjoyed my time working here. its unfortunate that they were not willing to put in the time to buld the business further
Pros
competetive salary
Cons
disorganization at head office
best job
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2015
My time at Target. was incredible the team members that we have are not just employees we are a family. Going into work feels like a home away from home. Target and the team members that I have worked with for the last couple year really taught me a number of things, how to be a good friend and also how to become a great Leader and with that i would have to say Target is the best job
Pros
team members, team events
flexible and embracing atmosphere
Cashier and Guest Services Employee (Former Employee) –  cashier1 March 2015
I learned to embrace and balance a busy work place with ease and multi tasking became second nature in my role. the ability to work with others and being able to work independently was a useful key in my job.
Great team culture
Guest Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 February 2015
Team members always well respected and made to feel important. A very fun environment to work. There was always room to learn more and advance our training.
Great culture and fun place to work
Guest Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 February 2015
Working at Target as part of the management team was fulfilling. The team member culture was positive, fast, fun and friendly. Going to work everyday was always enjoyable with a great focus on work, life balance. The hardest part of the job is disassembling the store as they go out of business in Canada after putting forth so much effort and pride in to building it.
Pros
great team culture
Cons
leaving Canada too soon
Great Place to Work
Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Ancaster4 February 2015
Pros - Friendly co-workers, Fair pay, and great culture.

Cons - Hours can be lacking and the push to sell credit cards is sometimes too much.
Pros
Staff meals provided for holidays
Cons
Few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.