Target Employee Reviews for Cashier

Nice Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC9 November 2017
The environment was very friendly. Everyone was quite energetic. I learned a lot about customer service and how to balance that with meeting certain quotas. The management was very good in my opinion. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain types of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I got to meet and work with.
Amazing part time work
Cashier and Softlines (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 October 2017
One of the best places I've ever worked. Amazing and helpful management. Great scheduling department, will work with your availability. Fun and fast pace work!
Alright Workplace
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 June 2017
- management plays favourites and is bias towards the team members
- advanced team members seem depersonalized
- most team members were not friendly towards new employees
target is a very friendly and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2017
i enjoyed my stay at target and i am really sad they closed down. in target we respect each other.
room for improvement
free breakfast and lunch
friendly environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Busy and productive place to live
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
Productive place to be, it is busy so you are serving guests, or answering questions taking returns or payments.management was good.Had a fun and nice environment.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
Every single person who worked at Target was kind and willing to help whenever they could. It was the most inclusive place I have ever worked for. Management was always asking if the other staff members needed any help.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 April 2017
Target really strives to bring the best out of you as an individual, and to utilize those skills every day on the sales floor. You really encounter a sense of belonging, and an almost family feel with fellow employees.
Pros
Lots of fun events for employees.
Cons
Often understaffed
Understanding Environment
Brand Attendant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 March 2017
The people who worked with me were always kind and I cherish the laughs I had with the friends I made while working here. Everyone was accepting of other's differences.
Pros
Discounts, family hiring
Cons
Other positions within store were unavailable
Productive and a fun workplace
Cashier in Target (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
A great company that provided me and helped me with enhancing my communication skills. Learned how to multitask and be a part of a team. Teamwork was not just a word but something Target took very seriously.
fun
Target (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 January 2017
it was fun but the store closed and that was a bummer!! cashier and customer service was easy and the co workers were extremely nice

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
very good work place with great employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 December 2016
• help customers in person and telephonically,balance sales and receipts
• deal with customer inquiries and complaints,maintain records of all transactions
• process sales and payments,wrap merchandise,issue refunds and credits,monitor inventory,Excellent customer service, Friendly and helpful attitude
• Stock merchandise with speed and accuracy by following the replenishment process and zoning guidelines ,doing multitasking duty at a time
Cashier& Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 September 2016
Target was a great place to work, Too bad they closed down. You got great hours and could pick up shifts whenever you wanted. I enjoyed working at Target.
Pros
great hours
Cons
overly priced
nice co-workers, easily understood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON18 July 2016
- Stocking shelves, maintain a clean workplace, help customers with transactions, operated gas pump computer
- Learned a lot of customer service experience, cashier experience
- Easy going and fun to work with
- good co-workers
- Dealing with upset customers due to things that were beyond my control (pumps pumping gas too slow)
Pros
flexible hours, happy environment
Cons
measuring gas volumes
Pretty good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC31 May 2016
A day at work is Iwould punch in at whatever time that my shift was at. I would sign in at the register and help people ring there purchases through fast and accurately as possible. I learned better customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was the complaining customers. Meeting new people and having awesome co- workers. Management was always changing so you never really knew who it would be
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Too Corporate
Fun place to work, the free lunches
Hard Line, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It was a fun place to work, my co-workers were great to work with The management was all so good to work with, I learned how to do plan a grams. The hardest part of the job was setting up the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the seasonal
Broad and well organized work environment
Cashier/Register efficiency and Trust worthiness (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
On a typical day you can expect waves of customers depending on the time of day they are larger or smaller.
I learned to merchandise and work with barcodes and labels along with other transactional equipment.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of customers during holidays and having mismatched items and labels causing confusion.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team and coworkers along with the chance to network and meet new people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Not the greatest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
When Target first opened, everyone was excited to work there. Hours were plentiful, the management jubilant and my coworkers were fantastic. After a year, though, much of the spirit was gone and much of the old staff was replaced or left, and the store took on a more dreary tone. By the time I left, cashiers would have to forego breaks since we did not have enough people working to cover for us.
Love target!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 March 2016
Best place ever !! Love the staff and management. No one will treat you better ! If you have the opportunity to apply do it! You won't regret it!
Pros
Staff, management
Cons
Not in canada anymore
Great people to work with, Nice place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 January 2016
it was a great place to work to bad it did not stay longer. Thunder Bay was the top 10 stores in Canada, and I am glad I got to be a part of such a wonderful experience.
Pros
Everyone that worked there was like family.
Cons
Target Pulled out of Canada
Fun, enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 January 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, I developed good communication and social skills. I learned how to get things done in a certain time frame.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.