Target
13,009 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was Fun and Friendly place to work.
Sales Associate / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
I used to work in the fitting room, on the sales floor, the phones were in the fitting room, I was the store operator, worked as customer service rep, gave information to the customers. Trained new softline staff. Made all the announcements. I enjoyed doing all that.
Sometimes fun place to work that suffered from some management issues.
Stockroom Worker (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great work place culture.
Cons: Several bad supervisors.
Target was a relatively decent place to work. I learned a lot from there and genuinely enjoyed the people I worked with. The job itself wasn't very difficult but it was just hard enough to keep me from getting bored. Where the company suffered, however, was in it's management of staff. Several of the supervisors had a "do as I say, not as I do" policy of teaching and made many decision that didn't seem to be based in logic. That's not to say that all the higher ups were bad people. Many of them were great workers and viewed their teams as co-workers, rather than subordinates. People like them were great to work with and taught me quite a bit.
Fastpaced but rewarding adventure in retail.
FLOW/Brand (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: Awesome Staff events weekly
Cons: They are no longer in Canada
Flow team unloads the trucks 2-3 times a week, and I was apart of a fantastic team of people. the balance of home to work time was fantastic and management always made sure we were well taken care of.
very friendly
Reverse Logistic Team Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
Pros: amazing culture
Cons: flexible hours
Target had best co-workers to work with, always positive and motivating. Would have stayed with company forever if they didn't shut down there operations.
Productive, friendly, inclusive workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 20, 2015
Pros: Very social workplace, inclusive, friendly and easygoing
Cons: Inconsistent work hours
Target Canada, before it was shut down, was a joy to work with. The team was friendly, caring, struck a perfect balance between playing around and working, often socializing with customers and helping them as needed. Co-workers were just as friendly as managers, and were very willing to help out or casually talk during their jobs.

A typical day at work is usually very slow-paced, easygoing to both veterans and newcomers in the retail environment, talking to customers was a joy to do, especially when it came to helping them, though casual chatter with them was also fun to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing. When I spoke with customers and fellow team members, I felt like I was getting along and making new friends, as well as helping when I could. The harder part, however, was trying to help customers locate something I have not seen. As I usually worked around toys and electronics, I know nothing of sporting goods, furnishing, or health care products, which made me feel bad, but I could always direct them to a Target co-worker who knew the store better than I could.

The one thing I didn't exactly enjoy, however, was the fact that, for most of the job, hours were fairly inconsistant, and it was hard to keep on top of them, even if looking at the schedule, since I enjoy a consistant schedule instead of a constantly-changing schedule.
Target Canada
Store Facilities Technician (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good people. Good Hours.
Cons: Terrible communication between Team leads and Team members.
I finally got a promotion within the company and i worked the job for 6 months only to find out we will all lose our jobs. Made the promotion feel pointless.
Fun workplace, nurturing environment.
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of freebies
Cons: Dedication and long hours required at times.
Great job, one of the most enjoyable jobs where you could really mix work with personal life. Everyone is a friend. Some long hours at peak times, but it was always greatly appreciated as well as rewarded.
Good Culture
Sr. Financial Analyst - Negotiations (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2015
Culture and effectively the people are what made Target Canada what it was. A very collaborative environment to work in, where each person was treated with equal amounts of respect no matter rank.
Good place to work at.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Got lots of hours. The occasional free lunch.
Everyday was busy from start to finish. Great coworkers. Management was excellent and supportive. An extra perk was on occasion getting a free lunch.
Heavily Political - not results focussed
Head of Merchandising Process and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2015
Company values how you manage upwards more than the results you deliver. If you can be political and have more superficial skills than any substance you will thrive at this organization.
respectful enviornment
back room team member (Former Employee), thorncliffJune 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches, birthday cakes
Cons: advancement
very respectful and kind co-workers. celebrate all birthdays of co-workers and all religious festivals. advancement is ill and not much chance to climb up in position even after long years of work.
Fast Fun and Friendly !
Backroom Team Member and Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Laval, QCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Your treated/Rewarded from time to time.
Cons: Management
Very repetitive but it's a great environment to work in. The Co-workers along with Management are very friendly, tasks are not difficult to do & the best part is your rewarded for your hard work!
productive and nice your learned new thing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Productive and my co-worker is so nice. I learned the different job , to interact with other people . My work as a flow team if when e unload the product from the truck you must be fast and carried heavy things. but in end of shift its so fun you work as a team.
Very fun place to work for.
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: There was always plenty to eat at cafeteria
Cons: hours were not consistant
Very friendly people to work with. always smiles every where you turn.

Best part was morning huddles where team members get an update by the management..and the morning stretch..it was fun.
Fun and busy place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), WaterlooJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Unbalanced schedule
I enjoyed my time working at Target. My day at work would begin as heading to the designated floor area I was required to work and ensure that area was kept organized while expecting customers to ask me for advice in terms of the right size of clothing to find. I answered all their questions effectively and always made sure they left the store with what was needed. Also, at other times I was responsible for working as a Cashier where I had to keep a consistent attitude and keep in mind all the sales going on that week. My co-workers were great thus making the job more enjoyable.
Fun workplace
stocking and customer assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon SKJune 6, 2015
it had been great experience to work with target Canada. The environment of this company was so friendly and safe. I really enjoyed that period of time when i was working at target.
Productive and fun workplace.
Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJune 6, 2015
I enjoyed being around the team members who made working at Target fun. They are all out going. Every day was different so it kept us working hard and staying focused.
High Energy, Fast Paced, Great team
Presentation Team Leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great team, Great Team Leaders. Store took care of its staff by offering FFF days, they'd provide us with snacks, food, drinks and movies to watch in our lunch room.
Cons: Target entered Canada too quickly and the result speaks for itself, they were not profitable and 17, 000 people lost their job.
A typical day was completing planograms anywhere in the store. One week you could be in Ladies Wear, the next week your in Toys so it pays to plan your workload and talk to other Team Leaders so they know in advance that you will be entering their department, they may be able to provide help or guidance if necessary.

I learned that planning, organization and communication are vital for store like Target and how the departments were broken down. It's been the only retail environment that i have worked in where a Team Leader was in charge of 1 disclipine. For example, there was an Instock, Signing, Flow, Backstock Team Leader in most jobs I've had all that was assigned to 1 person. So communication amongst everyone was important to ensure that all of us knew the plans of the other.
Okay Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Always busy, wonderful team members, late hours. Hardest part of job was standing on feet all day, sometimes supervisors would forget about breaks.
Productive workplace with hard working and respectful employees
Stock Clerks, Sales Floor (Former Employee), Pointe Claire QcJune 2, 2015
Worked in the backroom unloading trucks and sorting merchandise throughout the store. Stocked shelves and helped customers find what items they were searching for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more