Target
12,021 reviews

Target Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
canadian company which i was happy about
Presentation Manager/ Senior Team Lead Key Holder (Current Employee), mississaugaApril 16, 2015
depending on the store all moral is different but i had a great experience there for majority of the time that i worked there. management changed our store became a franchise store and things started really changing from the Rona culture.
overall review
in-stock clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: store closed
productive and fun work place with great co-workers and managers. learned a lot about retail and how a store operates. typical day started at 6 am and ended at 2 pm. very structured break times. Lots of fun activities for the employees.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: time off
clock in, check out guest, doing some projects with free time, garbage.
I learned that the little things are the most important.
great.
friendly and reliable
time off
team work!
Nice Place to work
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Whitby ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Decent Hours
Cons: Not Much Advancement
Target is a great place to work,The managers are nice I get decent hours, the only thing was there wasnt much advancement to full time.
Loved the culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
There was excellent people, even though the work was long some days, great support, long training so you are prepared for the role
Amazing team culture
Executive Team Leader Softlines (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall culture. Target really treated the team members well and recognized everyone for their hard wok and effort.
FUN PLACE TO WORK IN ATEAM
PSC-GSC (Former Employee), CandiacApril 13, 2015
Pros: No routine kind of job
Cons: Salary compensation
My tipical day, was so variety; sometomes i opened cashier, scheduales, check personal duties, client services. Work with colegues done le re shop in a funny day way. I met with Garda, workrd with cash and i was so fidelity.

But sometimes, some clients behavior was so difficult to handle. even though i love to work with people.
Productive, yet Fun to work
Sales and Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 12, 2015
Always great day to put a smile on for the guest that came to shop. Job entailed with very frequent interactions with guest, plus with an team to work with made it a very enjoyable time.
Great learning job for management
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Laval, QCApril 11, 2015
Pros: great company to work for leaning and prositure
Cons: salary
Always fun to go to work, there was always challenges in a day of work.
Most of all I learned to be a better manager, How to get the best out of my team, performance.
-The was great leaders has management, always there to help and teach for you to become better, very supportive.
great team atmosphere, great employer, all working together, no jealousy.
The hardest part of my work was: ???
The best part of my work was the daily challenges.
great workplace
Backroom worker (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 11, 2015
Pros: great managment enjoyable workplace
Cons: in the off season just not enough hours
a typical day at work i would be working in the warhouse stocking product and organizing backstock according to type of merchandise ( deco,home,sports,toys,acc,ect) loved working ther easy going but hard working team overall great job
It was a fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Feed us alot
Cons: Too much waisted paper time.
* A day at work is 90%of the time on the floor & can never finish paper work expected to be done.
* I learned their is a Retail Company that can treat it employees well.
* Well, we were all still learning and we went through a lot of managers. We almost had it right.
* My co-workers were the best, upbeat to the end. Great people.
Target knows how to hire.
* Hardest part of my job was to pick the Top and bottom performers too often.
* I loved how Target took care of its employees. Birthday Cake once a month, TV in lunch room, Jelly Bean Day, All kind of special snack days.
PRODUCTIVE, FRIENDLY, FAST AND FUN
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: FREE LAUNCHES ONCE IN A WHILE
Cons: JOB SECURITY
FAST PACED AND MULTITASKING ENVIRONMENT. HIGH LEVEL OF TEAM SPIRIT BUT THE DEADLINE WERE SOMETIMES NOT TOO CONDUCIVE.
Greatest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Hostile free, productive environment.
Cons: 30 Minute lunch.
I truly enjoyed myself at this job. It is without a doubt my favorite job to date.

A typical day for me was to wake up at 4:30AM. Punch in at 5:55AM and unload the truck. Once the truck was unloaded my job became the transport of the merchandise to the floor and or the unboxing of the merchandise to place on the floor. I also used the compacter machines for cleanup.
I learned a lot about the retail job life, mainly due to the fact that this was my first ever.
My team leader was firm but fair and always pushed us to do our best.
My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever met, inside and outside of work.
The hardest part would be the wake up at 4:30 mainly because I am not a morning person.
Just being at work and being productive with so many great people made me happy.
Merchandise Brand (Former Employee), TorontoApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work would involved setting up the new fashions for the departments.

I learned how to read and set clothing based upon the merchandising guide.
Fast fun and friendly
Merchandiser Flow Team Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 9, 2015
the people was fun i like working their but the pay was so bad it's not even fair for some people and the raise is s**t, i don't know what to say but it was my first job in canada
Fun Place to work
MEMBRE D'ÉQUIPE SURFACE DE VENTES (Former Employee), Westmount, QCApril 8, 2015
Location was great, everyone was friendly, easy job. You learn how to give a proper customer service. There are no days where you feel like you are doing the same thing (depending on your position)
Target St. Albert was a great place to work.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 8, 2015
Working at Target was an excellent experiance. While the store was doing well, the atmosphere was great. The team worked very well together and the leaders provided a fast, fun and friendly environment. The company eventually chose to leave Canada, which was very difficult on every team member. I enjoyed my time at Target St. Albert and was sad to see the store close.
A fast forward company. Great memories
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Team members mattered
Cons: It ended too soon
Looked forward to getting to work everyday.
Team members compatible,respectful, and very helpful to each other.
Main reason, the very personable and encourageable way management interacted with us.
Productivity, health /safety and sales were first and foremost.
Those results were achieved because we had that knowledge we were all in this together and felt we were all important parts of the end result.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
Target Canada exemplified the fast, fun, and friendly culture that the parent company is known for. No two days were the same as the work environment was ever-changing.
Great experience, best place to work thus far.
Cashier (Current Employee), St. John's, NLApril 2, 2015
Pros: snacks in the break room, friendly people, team huddles, recognition
Cons: closing
I have learned so much at Target. The environment is very diverse and everyone is so friendly. Upon trying to shake hands to introduce myself, I was greeted with high-fives instead. Everyone is family at Target, and we/they all do their best to make a guest's experience the best one ever. Communication was exceptional, as we all wore walkies and you use one to ask the entire store a question you were unsure of - even if a guest is just wondering about another store's (e.g. Wal-Mart) opening/closing hours.

The hardest part of my job was seeing the family fall apart, as Target was shutting down. Many members were there from the beginning, and losing their job was equivalent to losing a home to them.

During team "huddles" we were able to recognize another team member for something great they did that day. It really gave everyone a push to do something overboard to help someone else!

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more