Target Employee Reviews

its a shame they closed down operations in canada
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 November 2017
I helped build the store and stayed on to unload the trucks overnight and also work on cash in the afternoon. I think there was plenty of potential but could not compete with walmart and bestbuy
productive environment
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2017
great people to work with in a fairly fast paced environment always kept very clean which was nice considering i was in the dairy cooler most of my days
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not the greatest paying
I worked at target recycling
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 November 2017
TARGET RECYCLING not the store target.

a recycling company for various recycled plastics and automotive products Good people lots of room for advancement.

Hours were goo overtime all the time
Nice Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC9 November 2017
The environment was very friendly. Everyone was quite energetic. I learned a lot about customer service and how to balance that with meeting certain quotas. The management was very good in my opinion. The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain types of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I got to meet and work with.
It was a very fun experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
I got to learn how to deal with people patiently on a everyday basis. I learned to put things in order and help people finding what they need in short periods of time.
No Longer Available in Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 November 2017
This company no longer exists. My employment was brief and I was a team leader in the electronics department. My job was simple and I never got the time to meet people.
Cons
No Longer Exists
Great Experience
Reverse Logistics/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 November 2017
Target was a great place to work. All the staff were great to work with, My job was fun as a Reverse Logistics/Receiver. In the mornings I would have get all the products ready to be returned to the venders and also help with receiving some days. I would also be returning stuff like clothes and other seasonal items to the distribution centre's.
Great team culture
Brand Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2017
I loved working with Target Canada. They had good values and employed hard working people. Shame it didn't last, due to poor logistics practices. We tried really hard to help the store succeed but it was impossible as a whole.
Company that didn't know what they were doing
FLOW TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
I only took the job with Target because I haven't worked for over a year. Truth is the problem wasn't with the storm themselves it was the management who didn't know what to do. Overall it wasn't the worst job I ever had but I'm glad I'm not there anymore.
Stressful
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
always trying to catch up the backlogs, boss expects employees to over work at the both weekends, endless works in pending, a very good place to learn some new skills and experience especially to new bees.
Pros
free parking
Cons
stressful, no weekend and holiday pay
Environnement agréable et bonne culture
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2017
Ce travail m'a appris beaucoup de chose par exemple, comment monter l'intérieur d'un magasin tels que les comptoires et les étagèeres. Par la suite, l'environnement étais agréable autant chez les employées que les gérants.
Environnement de Travail
Commis-Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2017
j'ai bien aimer travailler chez target mais je trouvais que c'était un peu désorganisé et pas assez productif a mon gout et je pense ces peut etre une raison pourquoi sa fermer au quebec
Engagement
Senior Team Leader Hardlines (key holder) (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL18 October 2017
Target had such a high level of engagement from its team members. We felt like a family. From dealing with executives, to the new cashier, everyone had pride in their company and every one felt like they were part of the bigger picture and family that Target had built.
too much fun
Merchandise Flow & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 October 2017
Target shut down all over canada. but it was a fun place to work. staff was very friendly and had great benefits too. I wish it never shut down. miss that place
Cruel Management
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
Management including HR treats you as trash. Co workers are great people. We love to laugh and share international food during lunch our. You wiil get fired if you don't follow scheduled lunch break.
Pros
free food
Cons
sadistic management
Amazing part time work
Cashier and Softlines (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 October 2017
One of the best places I've ever worked. Amazing and helpful management. Great scheduling department, will work with your availability. Fun and fast pace work!
Amazingly dedicated and kind management.
electronics assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS1 October 2017
You might be looking at that like wow almost all 5 stars. Yes x100.
Target did things right. You went to work in the morning and you would always have a group meeting. This was to make sure everyone is feeling okay emotionally and prepare them for the day.
Not only that but you would have consent help from everyone. The team leaders did a good job connecting everyone and keeping everyone safe.

This job came with amazing pay, clean environment, benefits after 3 months, amazing hours, + no tax on items for employees. The only downside is you can be let go due to being hospitalized for even 2 days. I understand because they always want active team members. But that's harsh if you get into an accident and lose your job because of it. All and all, 10/10 would work there again.
Pros
The Amazing management + no tax.
Cons
Risky sick days.
Okay Place to wokr
Full-Time Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 September 2017
Very busy, and budget orientated. However my experience was fun. I had a great time doing HR there. Too bad it closed down in Canada. But If you're new to Human Resources, its a great place to get experience and develop new skill sets.
Cons
poor pay.
Good company, poorly ran, new to Canada
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2017
Was happy to gain a full time status within this new company. I had a lot of experience going into this job as I had worked for a competitor for several years prior.
Great staff and environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Great work place and people. Sadly they did not listen to staff on how ordering should be and to much restock that wasnt selling.
Management was great and very understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.