Target Employee Reviews

target is a very friendly and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2017
i enjoyed my stay at target and i am really sad they closed down. in target we respect each other.
room for improvement
free breakfast and lunch
friendly environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Busy and productive place to live
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
Productive place to be, it is busy so you are serving guests, or answering questions taking returns or payments.management was good.Had a fun and nice environment.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
Every single person who worked at Target was kind and willing to help whenever they could. It was the most inclusive place I have ever worked for. Management was always asking if the other staff members needed any help.
Meilleur employeur
Chef d'équipe Cadre RH (Généraliste) (Former Employee) –  Les Laurentides, QC21 May 2017
Travailler chez Target a été la plus belle et enrichissante des expériences professionnelles que j'ai eu la chance de vivre dans tout mon parcours professionnel. Le travail d'équipe, la collaboration, l'absence de jugement, la reconnaissance, un encadrement adéquat laissant la personnalité et le jugement de chacun personnaliser son approche .. A n'importe quel moment, je retournerais dans cet environnement dynamique et exigeant ou nous travaillons avec les forces de chacun !
Pros
Reconnaissance
Cons
Nombre d Heures à produire
Productive and fun workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
During my day I would set up a line and unload many trucks with a team of people. We would categorize to products into sections of the door and then those skids would be picked up on pallet jacks and taken to the isle. Then unload onto the shelves. Any over stock would be moved by pallet jack towards the warehouse and stock as backstock. I did all of these duties and rotate daily. Then I would scan the product into the system. I would greet guest and assist them when needed. Target was great a giving their employees snacks and lunches.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
lack of hours
good for the time
Stock Clerk - Flow Team / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 May 2017
i worked in the mornings as a flow stock clerk. worked well and liked it until they pulled out of Canada putting me out of a job. i learned to use a basic scanner gun that is used to receive most inventory in most places.
productive and fun workplace
Starbucks Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 May 2017
A typical work day involved opening and closing the store. Serving Starbucks beverages to customers. Organizing and general cleaning of the kiosk. I enjoyed working for this company. They had a positive attitude and it was fun to be at work. I learned how to multi-task as it did get fairly busy. I really enjoyed it.
I am very disappointed that it got closed
Hard Lines Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Great management and great team to work with. The management made sure to show appreciation to their staff on a daily/nightly basis. It is very unfortunate that they closed.
Pros
free food, staff games
Cons
poor discount
Productive Place to work in
Cashier, Item stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
A typical day would start off by getting into the cashier line and waiting for customers and then processing their orders.I learned a lot of communication skills, small talk to keep the customers going and how to deal with tough situations. Eventually got moved to an item stocker position where i would check if the products were there and if not then put in an order from the system that that Target provided for us. Management was decent, they took care of you as an employee but also let you know that you were replaceable. Workplace culture was very fast paced and it was like get your job done on time, make sure to finish your job first and do what you are told.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
laid off tons of workers
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Would say that they have a good retainl management system, but just like in any retail environment, you have to be on your toes a lot and get tired easily.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 May 2017
I typically stock items on shelves, and process payments, i am responsible for keeping the store tidy, and associating with customers, the management is good, and the most enjoyable part is communicating with customers.
Pros
Cons
Student hours
i rode carts around that was my fun
Brand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2017
it was ok i had an experience a few where pretty cool i wouldnt say id work there again not for me but was ok i tended to just do my work and such felt weird cause i caught alot of my old friends stealing
Pros
a vending machine
Cons
boredom
Target Canada is now closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
While working at Target I had a great time. First job, and it was friendly but still filled with responsibilities. Learned a lot from it, however management could use a bit of work.
Target was awesome! Until it closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
Management wasn't the greatest, but the rest of the job was awesome. We had free food and events. The job was workable, with hours being easily negotiated.
Poor Management - Reason for closing down
Reverse Logistics (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON5 May 2017
Management team do not know what they are doing no control of everything happening in the store.
Team leader are not leading the team do not know how to run the store.
Pros
relaxing no pressure
Cons
poor management
Great management
Sales Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 May 2017
Target was a great place to work while it was still open in Canada. Training was very detailed and thorough, staff was always welcoming to new workers and customers.
gone
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
this was a great leaning experience and the environment was fast paced. It is a shame that they closed down they offered amazing advancement opportunities.
Pros
friendly
Cons
gone
Part time position
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 April 2017
Target is closed down and no longer a job option for anyone living in Canada. More of a high school job position, management was young and not a lot of training was given.
Great Learning Experience
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2017
I enjoyed learning new skills, such as stock and interacting with the public. Gaining experience selling the "Red Card" was valuable experience too. Management was okay and understanding.
Haha
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Great company to work with. However they don't exist in Canada anymore so I would suggest to forget about them entirely. They were a great company to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.