Target
10,884 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You feel like it's your family
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee), AbbotsfordJanuary 24, 2015
Working at Target had its problems like every other place but the people there really made you feel like you were at home. Everyone was so welcoming and cared about you. I enjoyed it
educate engage the guest
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), eastyorkJanuary 23, 2015
this is my first job in canada , i learn so much from this job , how to educate , engage the guest in the store , what guest need , ask every guest can i help you find something , increase the sale , and happy the guest , management is awsome , every one work like a family , my hardest part of job is when they decleared to close the stores and we heared from media , everytime we enjoy every day we enjoy
Fun work environment, great open door and development culture
Store Team Leader (General Manager) (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of learnings
Cons: work/life balance
Recipient of the Business Leadership Award in January 2015 as recognition for store team and business results

Recipient of 2014 community award as recognition for leading community involvement and volunteerism efforts

Designated one of Canada's trainers, trained and on-boarded eleven new general managers in Canada

Received one of the highest Upward Leadership Feedback from store executives-100% positive feedback

Received unanimous 100% 'STL effectiveness' from store supervisors, every year in the last five years

Recognized as a top performing leader in Canada both in 2013 and 2014

Achieved highest productivity in Target Canada both in 2013 and 2014 and drove productivity improvements in 2014 by 59% YOY.

Received Golden Contribution award for achieving sales goals and meeting payroll commitments in the US for 2011 and 2012

Received highest Guest Satisfaction in the Scottsdale district in 2011 and 2012

Lead the US two years in a row with the highest number of credit applications in 2011 and 2012
An excellent and fun place to work.
Fitting Room Attendant (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: they provided lots of employee activities in the staff lounge.
Cons: i did not like working untill 10pm.
It is a great place to work. The team culture is amazing. They provide a lot of activities for the staff. The supervisors are very approachable and easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job is the social interaction with the guests/customers. i am truly going to miss working there with all the new friends I have made.
Fun work environment but organized company
GUEST SERVICES ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun staff events
Cons: company closed
At store level the job was great, awesome people and fun events daily. However the company was unorganized and that led to their closure... sad
A great company who invests in and takes care of its team members.
Back Room -Instock Team Lead (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: team culture, wage, work life balance, fast fun and friendly events held daily
Cons: early mornings
A typical day at work was to assign team members their duties and the stores expectations for the day and any communication that needed to be shared with the team. Check emails and status with my leader. Assist the team as necessary. Continuous follow up throughout the day with the team to ensure expectations are understood and deadlines will be met.

I learned more about leadership. I obtained skills in a warehouse setting that I had had no exposure to before.
Management was supportive and engaging and promoted a strong team culture in the store.
My coworkers were fantastic. Everyone there was supportive and made you feel like we were one big family.
Hardest part of my job is having to say goodbye to a great team and company.
Most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and seeing the smiling faces and warm reception of my team mates as well as their willingness to support the individual and the team.
Fun worklace
Receiver (Current Employee), ONJanuary 21, 2015
Target is a fun place to work.
I've learned to more friendly with your co-worker.
The management is good and fare.
The most enjoyable is the recognition part.
great company
Price accuracy team member (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Target was a great company-but it had horrible management. As a result-closed.
I really enjoyed the people and the culture that target provided
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2015
My main role within Target was to reduce shortage, caused internally and externally. I Focused on prevention by ensuring store leadership is trained on assets protection best practices. I believe the best way I achieved this was by Developing successful relationships with all leadership and staff. My daily routines were Documenting safety/security incidents ,Developing successful partnerships with local law enforcement, as well as providing Leadership to my Security Team Members. The Most enjoyable part of the Job was getting to meet and learn from so many experienced leaders whether it was Asset Protection or Logistics. I had the pleasure of working in two different provinces and supporting many different stores and working with other Asset Protection Leaders.
Target was a victim of bad press.
Asset Protection Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Target was a victim of bad press. Although this press was created by Target opening with great fan fare, and failing to deliver on expectations. Once they did finally deliver on what the consumers wanted, the press was not ready to forgive them and deliver them fair treatment. This ensured them an inability to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Floor Team Leader (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 21, 2015
It has been great to be a part of such a great team. We are like family and that's the way it felt for me from day one 3 months ago. Target Canada has been a great employment experience, management is fantastic and always have their door open for you. As we are preparing to wind down we are all working together to support each other from posting available jobs to mock interviews. Couldn't ask for a better work family!
Great Team atmosphere
Senior Team Leader Hardlines (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: greta team environment, fast fun and friendly
Cons: went under
Target was a great place to work at. The team was very energetic and an overall great atmosphere at work. Everyone was very helpful and we all took care of each other. The managers were very supportive and helped me progress very quickly. I would not change anything about my decision for working for Target. The best people I have ever worked with.
Motivational as well as a healthy work moral
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
The job requires patience and compassion to optimise customer service. It involves daily problem solving as well as an in depth understanding of the customers options. I have learned a lot about technology and advertising. The management system is very supportive and also allows a lot of time to learn. The company wants to be sure that you are confident in the information you are providing for customers, and feel comfortable in the position that you are representing.
Presentation Team Leader (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Best job I ever hard. Very supportive management team and great team culture.
Fast, friendly and fun environment
Merchandising Flow Team (Current Employee), Waterdown, ONJanuary 20, 2015
While this Merchandising position wasn't the type of job I studied for, the team at Target was accommodating to my schedule and always eager for me to take on more responsibility.
Target
Project Lead - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
The culture at Target was unmatched in the industry and is what kept employees going through uncertain times. Target did a great job in selecting the right people to build and maintain their culture.
somedays fun some days not so
GSA/GSTL (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: supervisor
Cons: really rudde guests
The team I worked with was great. I grew to appreciate each and everyone of them. They were amazing at what they set their minds to and did it. The hardest part of the job was having to see everyone go. The most enjoyable part was the laughter.
Unfortunately no longer in Canada
Senior Specialist, Seasonal Marketing (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Unfortunately Target is no longer in Canada as of January 2015. Before it exited the market, the company was wonderful to work for with a positive work environment. The marketing campaigns and events made it for an overall exciting brand to work for.
Awesome company to work for
Sales Manager & District Team Leader (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 20, 2015
From the beginning, Target Mobile offered me plenty of opportunity for advancement. I started with the company as a sales rep and within 4 months I received a promotion to Sales Manager & now also district team leader.
The company is extremely fair and a great place to work. I saw myself as a lifer with the company.

The hardest part of the job was when we received the news that Target was closing all of it's stores and we were left without jobs
Rewarding and challenging
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2015
I am amazed at the amount of growth potential there is for this company. The opportunity to work for such a large retailer with so many programs in pace for growth was fantastic.

I am saddened to know that Target will no longer be in Canada

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more