Target

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Friendly environment
Customer Service Desk / Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Target was a very fun place to work. Management was fantastic and team members made the shifts go by fast. interacting with guests was almost always a positive experience
Work is the Top Priority
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2015
Punctuality and focus on technical support was the top priority on any given day at Target. Every employee was considered part of the company..
Fun, Fast, Friendly!
Cashier & Barista (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 2, 2015
I loved coming to work in an environment where everyone was friendly and made you feel welcome. From day one I knew I would love my job. The management was fantastic, everyone was super flexible and the scheduling was great.
One of the best work environment.
Reverse Logistics (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: I really can't think of one.
Target has one of the best managers that I have ever worked with.
I learned a lot from the store and promises were always made.
Optical Receptionist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 2, 2015
I worked here as a teaching assistant and the most enjoyable part of the job was assisting in the education of special needs children. It was enjoyable to assist with their learning and see how well they did over the academic year.
Really enjoyed my colleagues
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 30, 2015
I had a lot of fun and it was most definitely a learning experience for me. I made a lot of good friends I still have today from the short time at Target.
It was Fun and Friendly place to work.
Sales Associate / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
I used to work in the fitting room, on the sales floor, the phones were in the fitting room, I was the store operator, worked as customer service rep, gave information to the customers. Trained new softline staff. Made all the announcements. I enjoyed doing all that.
Sometimes fun place to work that suffered from some management issues.
Stockroom Worker (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great work place culture.
Cons: Several bad supervisors.
Target was a relatively decent place to work. I learned a lot from there and genuinely enjoyed the people I worked with. The job itself wasn't very difficult but it was just hard enough to keep me from getting bored. Where the company suffered, however, was in it's management of staff. Several of the supervisors had a "do as I say, not as I do" policy of teaching and made many decision that didn't seem to be based in logic. That's not to say that all the higher ups were bad people. Many of them were great workers and viewed their teams as co-workers, rather than subordinates. People like them were great to work with and taught me quite a bit.
Fastpaced but rewarding adventure in retail.
FLOW/Brand (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: Awesome Staff events weekly
Cons: They are no longer in Canada
Flow team unloads the trucks 2-3 times a week, and I was apart of a fantastic team of people. the balance of home to work time was fantastic and management always made sure we were well taken care of.
very friendly
Reverse Logistic Team Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
Pros: amazing culture
Cons: flexible hours
Target had best co-workers to work with, always positive and motivating. Would have stayed with company forever if they didn't shut down there operations.
Productive, friendly, inclusive workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 20, 2015
Pros: Very social workplace, inclusive, friendly and easygoing
Cons: Inconsistent work hours
Target Canada, before it was shut down, was a joy to work with. The team was friendly, caring, struck a perfect balance between playing around and working, often socializing with customers and helping them as needed. Co-workers were just as friendly as managers, and were very willing to help out or casually talk during their jobs.

A typical day at work is usually very slow-paced, easygoing to both veterans and newcomers in the retail environment, talking to customers was a joy to do, especially when it came to helping them, though casual chatter with them was also fun to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing. When I spoke with customers and fellow team members, I felt like I was getting along and making new friends, as well as helping when I could. The harder part, however, was trying to help customers locate something I have not seen. As I usually worked around toys and electronics, I know nothing of sporting goods, furnishing, or health care products, which made me feel bad, but I could always direct them to a Target co-worker who knew the store better than I could.

The one thing I didn't exactly enjoy, however, was the fact that, for most of the job, hours were fairly inconsistant, and it was hard to keep on top of them, even if looking at the schedule, since I enjoy a consistant schedule instead of a constantly-changing schedule.
Target Canada
Store Facilities Technician (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good people. Good Hours.
Cons: Terrible communication between Team leads and Team members.
I finally got a promotion within the company and i worked the job for 6 months only to find out we will all lose our jobs. Made the promotion feel pointless.
Fun workplace, nurturing environment.
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of freebies
Cons: Dedication and long hours required at times.
Great job, one of the most enjoyable jobs where you could really mix work with personal life. Everyone is a friend. Some long hours at peak times, but it was always greatly appreciated as well as rewarded.
Good Culture
Sr. Financial Analyst - Negotiations (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2015
Culture and effectively the people are what made Target Canada what it was. A very collaborative environment to work in, where each person was treated with equal amounts of respect no matter rank.
Good place to work at.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Got lots of hours. The occasional free lunch.
Everyday was busy from start to finish. Great coworkers. Management was excellent and supportive. An extra perk was on occasion getting a free lunch.
Heavily Political - not results focussed
Head of Merchandising Process and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2015
Company values how you manage upwards more than the results you deliver. If you can be political and have more superficial skills than any substance you will thrive at this organization.
respectful enviornment
back room team member (Former Employee), thorncliffJune 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches, birthday cakes
Cons: advancement
very respectful and kind co-workers. celebrate all birthdays of co-workers and all religious festivals. advancement is ill and not much chance to climb up in position even after long years of work.
Fast Fun and Friendly !
Backroom Team Member and Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Laval, QCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Your treated/Rewarded from time to time.
Cons: Management
Very repetitive but it's a great environment to work in. The Co-workers along with Management are very friendly, tasks are not difficult to do & the best part is your rewarded for your hard work!
productive and nice your learned new thing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Productive and my co-worker is so nice. I learned the different job , to interact with other people . My work as a flow team if when e unload the product from the truck you must be fast and carried heavy things. but in end of shift its so fun you work as a team.
Very fun place to work for.
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: There was always plenty to eat at cafeteria
Cons: hours were not consistant
Very friendly people to work with. always smiles every where you turn.

Best part was morning huddles where team members get an update by the management..and the morning stretch..it was fun.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more