Target
12,464 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I honestly enjoyed working at Target - the people were wonderful and happy. There was great potential for me and I was excited to be with a large co.
Customer Service Assistan Lead. (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, never a dull moment, fast paced constantly on the go.
Cons: Target Closed down :(
Meeting and greeting customers.
Returns and customer inquires .
Cashier relief / break and lunch relief.
Overflow assistance.
Return put backs.
Worth workable place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
Merchandising, Cashier, CSR
Learning and applying newly customer service skills
Great management

amazing co-workers
Team culture was great
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Retail challanges
I started with Target In winter of 2012 as an Executive Team Leader, It was great place to work I must admit, it had its challenges but that is given in retail, nothing I couldn't over come by being resilient and adaptable. The team culture we had in our store was the greatest, every team member was willing to support their peers and deliver great guest experience.
Friendly Co-workers in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee), LogisticsMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Too early start time (4:00am)
Target Canada brought the FFF factor ....... Fast .......Friendly ....... Fun to the store, with Team Store Huddles daily letting the members know who was spotted doing an excellent job and acknowledging every customer (guest) who entered the store. Co-workers were all very well trained in their positions which made it enjoyable to do the job, the difficult part of the job was not getting the right information or materials from head quarters to complete the tasks.
Productive and Fun, fast paced and amazing training and career development
Security/Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Store leaders and support from district AP Team
Cons: Job Stability
A typical day was to audit store inventory and account for loss, conduct video and physical surveillance. Arrest shoplifters and create paperwork with evidence for prosecution.
Hardest part of the job is that Target has left the Canadian market, I will miss my team so much. Great team!
Strong team work environment
Flow Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Working with great staff
Cons: Unavailable merchandise
Target was very client, team focused environment. Staff who started at the same time, breaked at the same time. Safety was also very important, while working in the warehouse safety boots were a must. We were encouraged to work quickly yet also provide customer service to all guests while on the sales floor. Daily huddles were a must in order to communicate how well the store was doing, what needed to improve and how to always engage the guests. The work which included lifting, sorting, and stocking was hard and was time management based. What I like most was the team camaraderie, the visibility and approachability of management, and the push to provide an hassle free shopping experience for the guests.
Perfect job in all ways
Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee), BurlingtonMay 11, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: it closed
A typical work day would consist of making sure that all the cashiers were in order and also taking care of the front end making sure that pogs were filled that the front end of the store was zoned.

Taking care of returns and making sure that guests always were happy and they were taken care of.

I have learned very much working for target in most of every department, One of the biggest things I have learned how to do Reverse logistics & shipping receiving.

After being with the company and they put me with a management roll which was amazing training and the way our company helped me grow into the roll.

My coworkers were perfect we all worked as a big family never a stupid question and always willing to work together we were all determined to do our very best.

The hardest part of my job wasn't anything my job as a whole was always manageable and very enjoyable we always made sure to get our tasks done every day
Amazing enviroment and fun workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMay 9, 2015
a typical day at work would be me punching in, getting a play by play from my team leader about the plans for the day and then commence my shift
Great learning environment
Executive Team Leader, Hardlines (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 8, 2015
My time with Target Canada was fast paced and filled with great learnings and experience. The culture and the team demonstrated the ability to be resilient and adaptable with changes, challenges while striving for success each day. One of the most enjoyable companies to be a part of.
productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, activites with co-workers
I learn valuable communication skills and problem solving skills within my work center.

I was able to expand my learning to other aspects of the store such as learning jobs such as merchandising, answering incoming phone calls, putting out stock, cashier and doing returns.
down hill slope
Merchandising (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Team events, food events, ability to learn different systems of target
Cons: management, treatment, inflexability
at the beginning of target it was a fun fast paced experience being my first time in retail. I especially liked how they made you feel as a employee valued and appreciated. As time went on though the idea that you where valued became less and less apparent; as sales dipped the interactions between employee and management became bitter for those who did majority of the stock and unload posses. Hours that use to consist of almost full time came down to barely getting by and most of the original employees either found second jobs or left target entirely. I for one took the second job option but still tried to keep pushing my involvement in the company. the feeling of favoritism set in while I was continuing to work long hours at both jobs to get by; seeing many team members be able to change there hours of ability to fit around there other jobs and personally being denied the chance on quite a few occasions. going into the second year the conditions improved but it was really the team members and not the management that made the employment enjoyable. I personally would not change my decision on employment at target because of the people that I met and am still in contact with.
Fast Paced, Friendly, Dynamic
Team Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 5, 2015
A fast paced environment that called upon my superior organizational and multi-tasking skills. To be both a team player and the ability to work independently to identify, develop and incorporate strategies. Able to employ my high level of professionalism, knowledge and customer service.
Benefits were very good as well a great team spirit.
Price Accuracy Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
Target Canada had a great management team which had a great open door policy for the team members. It was all about team work, fast, fun and friendly was the main focus of us all.
guiding customer with assistance with store products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Target put together different raffles for simply performing your job, this made me want to be at work and do well even more
Cons: feeling a lot of pressure that if my task was not performed to their standards i would be penalized
stock and restocking items
retail services
i learned to become a better leader and learner.
management and my co-workers were amazing
hardest part of the job was being flexible with the new daily tasks and how to perform them effectively
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and encountering new guests everyday.
Productive and fun enviroment
Logstics (Former Employee), Ajax,OnMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading the truck and putting out freight and helping guests when needed.
The most enjoyable part of work was the interaction with every one around it
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora OnMay 2, 2015
Pros: Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons: There was not a regular shift schedule.
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Fast Fun and Friendly
Fitting Room Team Member/Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Provided lunch, movies, snacks, games
Cons: not enough hours for everyone
At the start of my morning shift i would grab a PDA and a walkie and head to the fitting room. Id check the reshop and make sure it was sorted correctly. Id then check the reverse/repackage bin and then communication binder. my shifts consisted of me maintaining the reship area along with the change rooms and the mens department. At the same time id be answering any phone calls that came in. I enjoyed working with everyone apart of the softlines team. My leaders were always there when you needed them. It was a great place to work.
Fast, fun and friendly environment with huge focus on teamwork
Store Team Leader (Store Manager) (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great team culture, Advancement opportunities
Cons: Long hours
The focus was on guest experience and providing an excellent experience to every person that walked into the store. The team culture was the most important aspect of the job and it started from hiring the right team and building that team to be successful.
Good Job Experiance
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2015
Was fun place to work at, i was there for only seasonal posting and completed it after the Christmas was done, but shortly after that they closed down.

Sad to see it go, it was fun work experience where i get to meet new people and worked on my social skills a lot.
Was great to be with a retailer with a proven track record, in the US
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Respectful and Helpful Local Management and Corporate Policies
Cons: Nil
Target Canada opened 2 years ago in Kamloops. I was with the store from opening, initially in the Back Room, becoming a Guest Service Agent after 6 months.

The GSA was required to interact with every department. Specific duties included Cash Management, Safe and Till Counting and Balancing (21 cash lanes), while overseeing cashier Personnel. and interacting with Guests to Mediate Disputes, Answer Questions and Solve Problems.. all within the company's policies.

Local Management (immediate supervisors and store management) were committed to delivering as good a Guest Experience as was possible.

Was a very good place to work overall...Guests became Friends and were generally committed Target Shoppers (in Kamloops)

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more