Target

Target Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
drop kicked their employees
Barista (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: the canadian ceo left with as much money as all the canadians
it was a great place to work and a lot of great people. when they closed though it was unfair and unprofessional.

they always made a big deal about being a giant happy family, yet when it came to being true to their statements they dropped us canadians like hot potatoes. for a multi billion dollar company, they sure didn't act like it.
Fun Working Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMay 26, 2015
It was great working at Target. There were many positions you could train in, and the team was great to work with. I love learning new things, so being able to try out the different positions in the store was amazing. I just wish it didn't close.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
i would start my shift by punching in. then i would head to my cashier, make sure my space was ready and clean for customers. I would then interact with many different customers. Bag their groceries and usually have small talk during the process.
Fun workplace. would go back
Flowteam Captain (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 25, 2015
Best place i ever worked. If Target in the US called i would work for them again. Good people, good work. Pay was pretty good. Always a fun work day.
target canada is closed
Customer Service / Cashier / Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), centrepoint mall,north yorkMay 25, 2015
shipping/receiving
teamwork
good
receiving
responsible for merchandising including end of aisle and floor displays
Fun work place
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orleans, ONMay 25, 2015
A typical day at work involved unpacking shipment in a timely manner. We had a diverse group of co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fun team.
cool
cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 24, 2015
shifts were okay
job responsibilities were doable
great team to work with
cool co-workers
my position was sometimes on call
Great team members,fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 23, 2015
Very poor business management in Canada.Great team members,co workers were the best part of the job.I will miss them all.
Great learning experience
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Nanaimo and CalgaryMay 19, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Restrictive policies
Excellent training and Teamwork experience, I will continue my relationship with my Team. I would have continued my career with Target until retirement.
I honestly enjoyed working at Target - the people were wonderful and happy. There was great potential for me and I was excited to be with a large co.
Customer Service Assistan Lead. (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, never a dull moment, fast paced constantly on the go.
Cons: Target Closed down :(
Meeting and greeting customers.
Returns and customer inquires .
Cashier relief / break and lunch relief.
Overflow assistance.
Return put backs.
Worth workable place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
Merchandising, Cashier, CSR
Learning and applying newly customer service skills
Great management

amazing co-workers
Team culture was great
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Retail challanges
I started with Target In winter of 2012 as an Executive Team Leader, It was great place to work I must admit, it had its challenges but that is given in retail, nothing I couldn't over come by being resilient and adaptable. The team culture we had in our store was the greatest, every team member was willing to support their peers and deliver great guest experience.
Friendly Co-workers in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee), LogisticsMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Too early start time (4:00am)
Target Canada brought the FFF factor ....... Fast .......Friendly ....... Fun to the store, with Team Store Huddles daily letting the members know who was spotted doing an excellent job and acknowledging every customer (guest) who entered the store. Co-workers were all very well trained in their positions which made it enjoyable to do the job, the difficult part of the job was not getting the right information or materials from head quarters to complete the tasks.
Productive and Fun, fast paced and amazing training and career development
Security/Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Store leaders and support from district AP Team
Cons: Job Stability
A typical day was to audit store inventory and account for loss, conduct video and physical surveillance. Arrest shoplifters and create paperwork with evidence for prosecution.
Hardest part of the job is that Target has left the Canadian market, I will miss my team so much. Great team!
Strong team work environment
Flow Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Working with great staff
Cons: Unavailable merchandise
Target was very client, team focused environment. Staff who started at the same time, breaked at the same time. Safety was also very important, while working in the warehouse safety boots were a must. We were encouraged to work quickly yet also provide customer service to all guests while on the sales floor. Daily huddles were a must in order to communicate how well the store was doing, what needed to improve and how to always engage the guests. The work which included lifting, sorting, and stocking was hard and was time management based. What I like most was the team camaraderie, the visibility and approachability of management, and the push to provide an hassle free shopping experience for the guests.
Perfect job in all ways
Guest Service Team Lead (Former Employee), BurlingtonMay 11, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: it closed
A typical work day would consist of making sure that all the cashiers were in order and also taking care of the front end making sure that pogs were filled that the front end of the store was zoned.

Taking care of returns and making sure that guests always were happy and they were taken care of.

I have learned very much working for target in most of every department, One of the biggest things I have learned how to do Reverse logistics & shipping receiving.

After being with the company and they put me with a management roll which was amazing training and the way our company helped me grow into the roll.

My coworkers were perfect we all worked as a big family never a stupid question and always willing to work together we were all determined to do our very best.

The hardest part of my job wasn't anything my job as a whole was always manageable and very enjoyable we always made sure to get our tasks done every day
Amazing enviroment and fun workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMay 9, 2015
a typical day at work would be me punching in, getting a play by play from my team leader about the plans for the day and then commence my shift
Great learning environment
Executive Team Leader, Hardlines (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 8, 2015
My time with Target Canada was fast paced and filled with great learnings and experience. The culture and the team demonstrated the ability to be resilient and adaptable with changes, challenges while striving for success each day. One of the most enjoyable companies to be a part of.
productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, activites with co-workers
I learn valuable communication skills and problem solving skills within my work center.

I was able to expand my learning to other aspects of the store such as learning jobs such as merchandising, answering incoming phone calls, putting out stock, cashier and doing returns.
down hill slope
Merchandising (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Team events, food events, ability to learn different systems of target
Cons: management, treatment, inflexability
at the beginning of target it was a fun fast paced experience being my first time in retail. I especially liked how they made you feel as a employee valued and appreciated. As time went on though the idea that you where valued became less and less apparent; as sales dipped the interactions between employee and management became bitter for those who did majority of the stock and unload posses. Hours that use to consist of almost full time came down to barely getting by and most of the original employees either found second jobs or left target entirely. I for one took the second job option but still tried to keep pushing my involvement in the company. the feeling of favoritism set in while I was continuing to work long hours at both jobs to get by; seeing many team members be able to change there hours of ability to fit around there other jobs and personally being denied the chance on quite a few occasions. going into the second year the conditions improved but it was really the team members and not the management that made the employment enjoyable. I personally would not change my decision on employment at target because of the people that I met and am still in contact with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more