Target Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome place to work, with really driven people
Cashier/ Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
I started at Target Canada when they first attempted to move into the Canadian market, I worked there until I was laid off when it was announced that stores would be closing. During the period of a year and 10 months where I was employed by Target Canada I was taught many skills such as proper use of item pda for store item stocking, proficient use of point of sale machine, as well as a cart mover for collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
Pros
Awesome people, decent salary, and occasional free lunches.
Cons
Understaffed on some occasions, forced into multiple roles and responsibilities during a shift
was a fun work place
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 21, 2016
i loved target , benefits and working with a bunch of other people in a big store. i learned how to multitask very well, i loved serving the clients there they were all friendly.
Pros
had great breaks, and got good discount, good team work
Cons
store closed down
So sad its gone
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 23, 2016
This was by far the best place i have ever worked at, full benefits, good hours, good teamwork, great employees all around from all the levels, so much respect towards one another, this job is truly missed!
amazaing place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Was always alive at work, very fast paced and was always praised when you did well. Learned great customer service skills.
Family orientated
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 26, 2015
looks out for each other
always has fun working
great people
little supervision
always gives praises
has discounts
great customer values
Productive and fun workplace with alot of character
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
A typical day at work consist of group meets before opening with your specific team.
While working there I learned how to proper confront customers about situations at hand and how to negotiate with them.
The management team at my location was amazing and always kind no matter the situation. They were always willing to teach and never got frustrated.
My coworkers overtime started to become like a little family we all became so close that we can ask each other for just about any favor while at work.
The hardest part of my job was when we had a big sale or large transaction such as on black Friday, boxing day, and Christmas.
Although, there were more enjoyable than the cons such as having loyal guests and being able to connect with them on a more personal level.
Pros
Work Catered Occasional breakfast, lunch and dinners
Cons
One big happy family...in khakis.
FLOW/BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Despite only working 2 jobs, Target was by far the best job I ever had. Everyone cared about everyone. If you needed help with ANYTHING, someone was always there to help you, even if they didn't work in your department. Shifts would run from 6am-Noon or 2pm depending on the size of that mornings truck as my job was to help unload it and then stock the shelves.

I learned a lot about how a big retail company works behind the scenes. Target helped improved a lot of my skills while also teaching me some new & useful ones.

Management was always looking out for everyone. If you needed a day off for whatever reason there was (usually) no issue. If you wanted more hours & wanted to work in other departments, there were always opportunities available.
Pros
Flexible hours, room to advance
Fast , Fun and friendly
Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2016
Amazing team culture.
Great management team.
Learned lot of skills.
Team work starting from the store leader all the way to team member.
My job had lots of responsibilities in my department I was enjoying every moment with the guests and co-workers.
The hardest part in this job when I walk in to the store on Jan 5 of 2015 and seeing my co-workers crying :( ....I asked what's wrong and it was the choking answer that is Target will be closing down in Canada !!!
Productive and positive for environment
BACKROOM TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLMay 6, 2016
Work days were very interesting with a variety of tasks. Additionally Target had a lot of interactive activities and events. I learned a lot about the retail industry including how to interact well with customers. I learned how to back stock and push merchandise and work in the cash lanes. Management was very positive. They always encouraged me and coached me along. My co-workers were friendly and competent for the most part. The hardest part of the job was enduring upset and angry customers but I felt like it was something I could handle and was just part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I accomplished my work efficiently which gave me a lot of satisfaction. I additionally enjoyed the times when there were fun activities and lunches provided by the team.
target hit the mark
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Come into work unload truck then pull merchandise to floor merchandise for two hours then go to backroom and back stock for the rest of the day in between back stocking let in deliveries for third party merchandisers, the half and hour before leaving sweep and garbage cardboard and broken items.
Management delivered excellent training and facilitation for growth in the company.
co-workers handled constructive feedback positively.
Hardest part of the job was my shift ending because of the productive work environment and working in the freezer.
Going to work every scheduled shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
fun environment, games, free lunches, free snacks
Cons
the employment did not last long enough
Great place to work.
Store Administration Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Target. I felt it was a welcome environment and I always had friendly co-workers. Above average pay and wonderful conveniences made for a very pleasant employment.
Pros
Good pay; personal lockers; benefits
Cons
Far commute; very toxic attitude toward female employees.
productive and fun workplace
warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 5, 2016
i have been really satisfied with this job,
i had long hours in the week.
i liked the job environment and the management of the company.
A Target Flow Team Member's Responsibilities
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be stocking the store merchandise unloading the morning shipment we receive and helping guests at anytime. I learned that team work was essential to finish all tasks by the end of our shift. The management was great they were very involved with their employees, the co-workers there were also amazing as they were just really down to earth. the hardest part about the job was the very early mornings that need a lot of your morning energy. the most enjoyable part about the job was the versatility within what department i could work in.
productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place, co workers and managers are very helpful. a typical day at work involved me working at cashier and cashing out customers. I learned how to use a cash register and developed customer service skills. Target canada had a great management everyone was really helpful and helped clarify situations that you weren't sure on. hardest part of the job was leaving because it meant not being able to see my team. and the best part of the job was arriving because i get to work with my friends.
Pros
Broad and well organized work environment
Cashier/Register efficiency and Trust worthiness (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
On a typical day you can expect waves of customers depending on the time of day they are larger or smaller.
I learned to merchandise and work with barcodes and labels along with other transactional equipment.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with a rush of customers during holidays and having mismatched items and labels causing confusion.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team and coworkers along with the chance to network and meet new people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive tasks
An interesting place to work
Regional Financial Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Is a good place to work as you meet lots of well experience professionals to learn from.
The management is friendly as they encourage employees to update themselves in their professional fields. The co-workers are interesting people, ready to teach and help out in some work challenges.
The most hardest part of work was when the company was facing financial problems, we the employees were not happy; but the most interesting part of the job is that you learn every new thing every day.
Pros
Health
Cons
excessive overtime
Jackie Plustwa
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 2, 2016
Target was a great place to work. Lots of other friendly team members who would always help one another. I learned so much I can't begin to write it all. The hardest part of the job was having to leave (due to shift being over) without having finishing a task I had started. Management was great and always accommodating too your needs.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not being notified of scheduling changes
It was a great place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I had great team mates it was the best place I have ever worked
was sorry to see Target close Target was a well organized store
Management were awesome and my co workers were like family
and we still all get together for a night out at a restaurant here in Stratford
the most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along we were like a family
Pros
great atmosphere to work in
Cons
target closed
I loved the culture and that you could train in every department to pick up hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora OnMay 2, 2015
I loved the culture there. The team work was phenomenal. My typical morning was busy. I had to make sure supplies were organized and full. I was on Guest Service Desk. I dealt with a lot of problems and issues in a timely and friendly manner. I told guests about all our benefits for the credit cards and price matching, coupons, sales and in store specials. We were very helpful on the floor too.
Pros
Very clean environment to work in and rest in, we had free luncheons and refreshments on a regular basis.
Cons
There was not a regular shift schedule.
Productive Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 2, 2016
I was hired before the store had opened. Before it opened I worked on setting up the store, (ie shelves, products, images )
When the store opened I was on as a cashier, but since I was cross trained for the other sections, I was easily able to move between sections. Management was young, but were hard working in our store. They had really tried to make Target a fast, fun, and friendly environment. Everyone I had worked with were very nice, very helpful people and I always left work with a smile on my face.