Target Emission Services (a division of Envirotech Engineering) is a leading fugitive emission management service provider. From the wellhead to the processing plant and from heavy oil to conventional gas, we provide a full range of Fugitive Emission Management services to the Energy and Petrochemical Industries. Our experience and innovative technologies provide efficient detection and accurate measurement of hydrocarbon fugitive emissions. We help our clients to:
- Reduce GHG Emissions
- Improve Health and Safety
- Maximize profits
- Maintain regulatory compliance
Target Emission Services specializes in the use of infrared thermal (optical) imaging video cameras to locate hydrocarbon gas emissions. Optical emission detection is a new technology that has been developed to provide rapid, accurate and safe identification of fugitive gas emissions. This technology enables the operator to "see" emissions of hydrocarbon gas (methane, propane, butane, aromatics, etc) that are normally invisible.
TARGET currently has an opportunity for a Fugitive Emission (FE) Technician. The successful candidate will work as part of a Fugitive Emission Assessment Team (FEAT). These teams are responsible for performing inspections on various types of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry to identify and quantify hydrocarbon gas leaks and vents.
The ideal person will have a good understanding of oil and gas field operations (experience working in an O&G facility would be a definite asset). This opportunity is a 100% field position and will require extensive travel throughout Alberta (as well as, BC and Saskatchewan). The FE Technician will report to the FE Team Lead. The successful candidate will be required to take a number of safety training courses prior to initiating any field activities (CPR/1St Aid, H2S Alive, WHIMIS/TDG, Fall Protection etc.). Any candidates that already have valid training tickets will be given preference. This position includes a comprehensive safety and technical training program (both field and office based). This position offers a unique opportunity to join a successful Environmental Engineering firm and work with an industry leading technology used to detect methane green house gas emissions.
- Assisting in coordinating and navigating to various facilities with maps and GPS,
- Helping to calibrate and maintain equipment,
- Using various detection and measurement technologies under the supervision of the FE Team Lead,
- Collecting and recording emission data,
- Preparing field reports as required.
- Effective computer skills and ability to work 12 hour shifts (days only).
- Ability to walk and/or stand while handling/carrying various technical equipment for extended periods of time
- Comfortable occasionally working at heights in a safe manner.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid drivers license (note: the majority of the field travel will be provided, however, the FE Technician may be required to drive to meet the FE Team Lead.)
- Must have a Diploma/Degree in Engineering.
Target Emission Services is a leading fugitive emission management service provider. From the wellhead to the processing plant and from...