Under the supervision of the Television Producer and the Office Operations Manager, the Assistant Television Producers assist in the preparation of television programs and segments for broadcast. The main tasks related to this position are to host, assist in the set up and testing of equipment, assist and/or act as cameraperson or operate second camera and editing. This position involves travelling to the communities on a regular basis.
The candidates that we are looking for must be interested and motivated in working in the field of television production and willing to learn the profession. You must be fluent in either French or English. Experience in the field of communication and knowledge of another language (Inuktitut, English or French) would be definite assets.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Assist in the preparation of equipment lists for shoots;
- Assist in technical location surveys;
- Test equipment before shipping;
- Assist in the set up and testing of equipment before taping;
- Assist in setting up cameras;
- Assist television producers with set ups and lighting requirements;
- Assist television producers and/or act as cameraperson or operate second camera;
- Assist in the operation of production equipment;
- Travel to communities throughout the year;
- Host video programs when required;
- Assist in preparing questions for interviewees;
- Interview participants when required;
- Edit programs;
- Screen, log and evaluate tapes;
- Evaluate final edit for shipping to APTN;
- Dub tapes;
- Assist in maintaining TV logs;
- Assist in maintaining production records;
- Report technical faults to television producers;
- Participate in production meetings and teleconferences;
- Respect deadlines and schedules.