Taqa North Employee Reviews

One of Alberta top Best 75 places to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant, Exploration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2013
This company is currently re-structuring thier organization. The security level is below average at the moment. I have currently been laid off from Taqa North, due to recent lay-offs.

It was one of the best places that I have indeed encountered. My Director for whom I worked with, was an great example of what an executive should be. She is without a doubt, one of the greatest mentors I have enjoyed to work with. The benefits and salary were also top notch in its industry.
Pros
Benefits, such as vacation time and flex time. Long Term Retention Plan
Cons
Company Down Sizing
Was a good work environment, which provided me with good opportunities and valuable lessons.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 February 2015
In my time at tala I worked for 5 different Managers, Did learn different styles and how to interpret them.
I did like the staff that I worked with, we had a team approach which allowed all members to contribute.
Working with other departments can be challenging, definitely required negotiation and collaboration skills.
No 2 days were ever the same, variety kept it interesting and challenging.
Pros
My opinion did seem to matter.
Cons
Disconnecting work life was difficult for me personally.
Good bunch of people to work with.
Field / Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 March 2013
Enjoyable job and people. I rated job security as low due to the fact that I was let go with a recent restructuring. Wonderful benefits and pay scale here.
Pros
positive feedback. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Working with one other guy things went smooth
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Alaska highway24 September 2015
All around it was a good place to work
just some of other workers didn't do there job

there was a lot of good times at work even had time to go fishing at locate lake a lot of quading to get around which was good like the outdoors
Pros
fuel supplied
Great place to work!
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Calgary, AB24 November 2013
Great company to work at ,unfortunately due to sustained low Natural Gas prices they have had to reduce staff,sell properties to ensure the longer term viability of the company. My typical day consisted of dealing with Partners requesting backup and clarification of items invoiced to them and may include reversing and re-billing some of those items.
Pros
Positive working environment .
Cons
Volume of incorrect billings, volume of requests for backup!
Productive and experienced workpalce
Geophysicist (GIT) (Former Employee) –  calgary24 March 2015
I learned and experienced a lot about the upstream oil and gas industry with my three years rofessional experience at taqa north as a geophysicist
TAQA North is an amazing company to work for
RECRUITING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2012
I really enjoyed my time here. I like working for a smaller company, where people remember who you are. You are not lost in the crowd.

4.3