Tangerine Bank Employee Reviews

Cares for their employees
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2017
The call center life can be difficult. Where Tangerine was different than other call centers is that they regularly checked in on their employees. They had team building exercises, offered fair compensation plus benefits, group RSPs, wellness subsidy, incentives, group outings, and etc. Lunch room with cafeteria.
Pros
Often got free meals
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Inbound) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 October 2016
-Back to back calls
-Management only promotes you if you are a brown-noser
-Most co-workers are friendly, not everyone is though
-Irate clients on the phones would be the hardest part
Pros
Full Benefits for full time workers after 3 months
Cons
24 hours
Great working culture, flat, supportive organization
CX Innovation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON11 November 2015
Tangerine is a career focused organization with development of staff and flexibility at its core. Internal movement and the opportunity to learn an area of interest are open to any, and those who take advantage are often awarded. It is a lean organization, with a workforce of less than 1000 people. As such, the workloads and the ever growing range of responsibility in one's job description can be a little overbearing. The compensation and salaries also leave much to be desired for mid level associates to middle management.

Overall however, the employee engagement, company culture and focus on development are all top notch.
Pros
Open working environment, flat organization, works hard, plays hard
Cons
Salaries are on the low side
A very good bank
Specialist (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON5 January 2017
The culture at Tangerine is what makes work enjoyable. The people are nice and knowledgeable. Overall, this is a very great bank to work for at any stage of your career.
Pros
Work Culture
the orange culture is phenomenal
Saving specialist (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 December 2016
Great place to work in, where I leaned how to care more about the customers.Friendly and approchable management team, and since the first day you feel that you are a part of the orange family.
An amazing place to work!
E-Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 January 2017
Hi there!

I've worked at Tangerine for more than one year and I still enjoy it as much as my first day.

Managers are always supportive and listen to their employees because our voices is as important as is our Clients.

We're also helping the community a lot which is really nice.
Pros
Work culture
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Tangerine is a great place to work with a great culture and cutting edge technology. Innovative culture that embraces new ideas.
Great Workplace!!
Quality Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 September 2015
I have been working at Tangerine for over a year now, and I love working there. The culture is great, there is plenty of opportunity to advance in ones career (if you are willing to put the work in) and the employee's have great benefits.

The biggest downside to Tangerine however is the salary. Especially when compared to the big 5, Tangerine just can't stack up.

But what Tangerine lacks in salary, it easily makes up for in culture and fun!
Pros
Great benifits, amazing cuture, good work/life balance, supportive managers
Cons
Low salary
fun workplace with billard, babyfoot
Bilingual Saving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2016
Starting at 9am, my fellow customer service advisors and I spend most of our day answering inbound customer enquiries, mainly via telephone and sending email. During the working day I often liaise with other departments within the company, to deal with a variety of customer service queries. The hardest part of my job is undoubtedly delivering bad news to customers as a result of decisions beyond my control. The best and most satisfying experience I’ve had with a customer is when I helped an elderly gentleman upload a document onto one of our client’s websites.
Fantastic Work
Mortgage Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 November 2016
Tangerine is absolutely the first place i would look to work if i wanted to get myself into the financial world. The employees there are the most upbeat i have ever seen out of anyone working in finance, and they have the best mindset towards their work.
Underwhelming
IT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 July 2016
Hard work is not rewarded by the company. Very cliquey, feels like high school. No loyalty, a lot of nepotism. No human contact in the IT department. No upwards mobility. Avoid this job unless you're not in IT.
Pros
Free food (fruit/candy)
Cons
Management gives poor communication, plays favourites, no mobility upwards
No oppurtunity for advancement
Savings Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Good opportunity for a beginner in a financial industry, however no opportunity for growth within company

Good culture
Tangerine is a dynamic company
Savings Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2015
My typical day at work would be to answer in bound calls for clients seeking transactions or financial advice for their Tangerine accounts. I have learned at Tangerine that I am able to acquire new skills and provide excellent customer service for our clients. My colleagues are very talented and creative people. The hardest part of the job is to not be able to provide a service or product that Tangeirne currently does not have. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to educate clients on how to save their money.
Pros
Daily fresh fruit, lounge area with ping pong tables
Cons
Salary is low and incentive pay is low
Watch it - They've been bought by Scotiabank
Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  SteelesTech18 August 2014
Before I left the marketing dept., employee engagement was rated at an all-time low. VPs, Directors and managers are trying to cover their butts to justify their jobs to Scotiabank owners. I found my inline bosses untrustworthy and disloyal. As a whole, my colleagues were nice; however, they're under big pressure too! As far as I'm aware, many employees are trying to get out of there!

Location at Steeles Ave. East and Hwy 404 is inconvenient. Luckily there is a cafeteria on premises. I would not work there again! If you're desperate for a job in the middle of nowhere - take it, even though the compensation may not be top notch. Overall, use a job here as a transition spot until something better comes along - likewise, your bosses will be also using you until you're no longer convenient to serve their needs.
Pros
Plenty of cheap parking. Cafeteria.
Cons
Marketing VPs & Directors are jerks. Location is not easy by TTC
Fun environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  markham22 October 2015
hard work pays here, they reward staff who take positive initiatives. II worked with some incredible colleagues, and have fond memories here
Pros
good benefits
great place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  ON20 April 2016
great work-life balance, opportunity to excel. A lot of details given to work and great team culture. Overall, excellent environment for young fresh minds
Horrible management
IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto20 February 2015
I completely agree with the review about Terrible management in this horrid place. I've worked for many organizations and never had i seen such a terrible management. They don't know how to manage. They probably only got the role because it's a small organizations and somehow they were the last man/woman standing to get the promotion. The management here is in no way qualified to be a manager elsewhere. There's no sense of team in this place. Different teams make each other look bad just to save their own reputation with their own superiors. They also all talk bad behind each other's back. If you have options, take the other option. You're wasting your time at this place, it won't get you anywhere except working long hours and absolutely no overtime pay.
Pros
maybe free ORANGE cup - hahaha!!
Cons
horrible place to work
Excellent work place to built career
Network Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2016
Tangerine Bank believe on team work. Most of the team members are very cooperative. It is business mostly depends on IT and using market leader technology for it business continuity. There is a huge opportunity to learn new technology and building career.
Only a good place if you are close friends with the boss.
Facilities and Procurement (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 February 2016
Would only recommend this place if no other option is available. Management never live up to their promises. Managers and HR both set meetings with you, they reschedule 4-5 times, and then not show up. And when they finally do they are late and only give you half the time. (this was not just done to me on 1 occasion by 1 person, but multiple occasions by multiple people)
productive/fun culture
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
Tangerine if very refreshing and has an amazing culture. My typical work day is not so typical, there is something new everyday.
Pros
refreshing, new
Cons
not structured, too relaxed