Tangerine Bank Employee Reviews

Best place to work !!!
Savings specialist - services & sales (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 May 2017
Great environment to work in; great teamwork; great management; lots of incentives :) Great cairing for their employees! :D
Pros
Great management; great incentives; they know how to feed good their employees! :)
Fun, innovative workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 April 2017
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed working here during my time at Tangerine Witnessed a lot of changes due to restructuring and the renaming of the bank. Miss the work-life balance and friendly colleagues along with the free snacks and subsidized cafeteria. CEO is fantastic although management is hit or miss like any place.
Pros
Free snacks and fruit!
Cons
Location, low wages
Fun workplace -poor management and unlikely to advance quickly
Client Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Tangerine employees are generally older, little interaction with young people and difficult to form relationships. Poor management. Can get stuck in one position and advancement is slow and difficult.
great culture
Anti-money Laundering analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Very good place to work.
Great management
Good work and life balance
Great culture
Love the orange spirit
All in all one of the best financial institutions out there.
Generous and flexible benefits
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Tangerine provides employees with competitive benefits and engagement bonuses. Some include gym membership, health and wellness subsidies and allowance, paid sick days etc.
Pros
RSP contribution matching
Cons
Shift Bids
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Manager- Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 February 2017
What makes Tangerine a great place to work is the people and culture. You are provided the opportunity to carve your own destiny, so it is up to you to make the most out of the opportunity.
Great Place to work
Project/Process Analyst - (PMO) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2017
Treat all contractors and employees alike including involvement in various functions and marketing swag.

Great culture
An amazing place to work!
E-Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 January 2017
Hi there!

I've worked at Tangerine for more than one year and I still enjoy it as much as my first day.

Managers are always supportive and listen to their employees because our voices is as important as is our Clients.

We're also helping the community a lot which is really nice.
Pros
Work culture
Cares for their employees
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2017
The call center life can be difficult. Where Tangerine was different than other call centers is that they regularly checked in on their employees. They had team building exercises, offered fair compensation plus benefits, group RSPs, wellness subsidy, incentives, group outings, and etc. Lunch room with cafeteria.
Pros
Often got free meals
A very good bank
Specialist (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON5 January 2017
The culture at Tangerine is what makes work enjoyable. The people are nice and knowledgeable. Overall, this is a very great bank to work for at any stage of your career.
Pros
Work Culture
the orange culture is phenomenal
Saving specialist (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 December 2016
Great place to work in, where I leaned how to care more about the customers.Friendly and approchable management team, and since the first day you feel that you are a part of the orange family.
Fantastic Work
Mortgage Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 November 2016
Tangerine is absolutely the first place i would look to work if i wanted to get myself into the financial world. The employees there are the most upbeat i have ever seen out of anyone working in finance, and they have the best mindset towards their work.
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Tangerine is a great place to work with a great culture and cutting edge technology. Innovative culture that embraces new ideas.
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Inbound) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 October 2016
-Back to back calls
-Management only promotes you if you are a brown-noser
-Most co-workers are friendly, not everyone is though
-Irate clients on the phones would be the hardest part
Pros
Full Benefits for full time workers after 3 months
Cons
24 hours
fun workplace with billard, babyfoot
Bilingual Saving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2016
Starting at 9am, my fellow customer service advisors and I spend most of our day answering inbound customer enquiries, mainly via telephone and sending email. During the working day I often liaise with other departments within the company, to deal with a variety of customer service queries. The hardest part of my job is undoubtedly delivering bad news to customers as a result of decisions beyond my control. The best and most satisfying experience I’ve had with a customer is when I helped an elderly gentleman upload a document onto one of our client’s websites.
Underwhelming
IT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 July 2016
Hard work is not rewarded by the company. Very cliquey, feels like high school. No loyalty, a lot of nepotism. No human contact in the IT department. No upwards mobility. Avoid this job unless you're not in IT.
Pros
Free food (fruit/candy)
Cons
Management gives poor communication, plays favourites, no mobility upwards
No oppurtunity for advancement
Savings Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Good opportunity for a beginner in a financial industry, however no opportunity for growth within company

Good culture
great place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  ON20 April 2016
great work-life balance, opportunity to excel. A lot of details given to work and great team culture. Overall, excellent environment for young fresh minds
productive/fun culture
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
Tangerine if very refreshing and has an amazing culture. My typical work day is not so typical, there is something new everyday.
Pros
refreshing, new
Cons
not structured, too relaxed
Fun place
Senior Analytics Consultant - Product Performance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Nice non-banking culture, great culture + flexi working hours + good learning opportunities, gym membership, great co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tangerine Bank. Our community is ready to answer.