What we’re hoping you will achieve … (circa 2015) one year from now..
Your potential story, one year from now…….We’d like to thank you for helping the company scale from a founder led high-growth startup to a mid-size business with systematized processes and a balanced management team. You executed the company’s financial strategy, managed operations reporting, and supported the management team in achieving triple digit revenue growth.
Here are some of your contributions as the company’s first VP of Finance and Operations:
- Maintained the financial well-being of the company by developing and executing the company’s finance strategy, which included budgeting, cash flow management, variance reporting, treasury functions, and SR&ED claims management.
- Developed and implemented key success metrics and related team incentive plans in the areas of operating efficiency, product delivery, and client satisfaction. These metrics and incentive plans helped the team increase focus, velocity of execution, and client referrals, all while maintaining a rapid growth trajectory.
- Raised growth capital (in concert with the CEO), which helped the company expand its sales and product teams, and accelerated revenue growth to over 100%.
- Provided the Board of Directors with comprehensive quarterly reports and financial statements
- Demonstrated excellent versatility in performing various operations functions – oversight of the general ledger including accounts payable/receivable, reviewed legal contracts, maintained insurance coverage, managed the stock option and benefits plans, periodically reviewed the compensation plan and coordinated its updates, and influenced pricing strategy.
- Contributed to the company’s product roadmap. You collaboratively worked with product managers and developers to help define/enhance a new financial KPI dashboards module. The new module received rave reviews from clients and generated a new revenue stream for the company.
We can’t wait until next year. Now Back to Today. If you’d like this story to be yours contact us.
Who we are
Tangam Systems is a small and rapidly growing company that is at the cutting edge of developing data analytics and visualization software. Our clients range from Fortune 500 businesses to some of the best known brands in the resort industry. Our flagship product Table Games Yield Management (TYM) helps casino resorts optimize their gaming operations in order to increase profitability and enhance the patron experience. Our software takes the complexity out of data analytics and makes data understandable and actionable to ordinary users. Since its market launch in 2009 TYM's install base has doubled every year, and includes clients in Macau, Las Vegas, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Our patented products have won numerous industry awards and recognitions. We continue to push the envelope on what is possible in the area of data analytics software, and we are always seeking new talent to join us on our exciting journey.
- Finance and business experience. Five or more years in progressively responsible financial or operational leadership roles, preferably in the technology industry. Demonstrated ability to analyse a business and understand its key drivers of revenue and operating efficiency. ERP or yield management systems implementation experience is an asset.
- Education. CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Data wizard. Proficient in Excel, pivot tables and Microsoft Office. Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAS and Cognos is an asset.
- Top notch communicator. Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills. Experience preparing reports for Boards and senior management.
- Travel. Must be willing and able to travel for approximately 15% of working time.
- Must have no criminal record and be gaming industry licensable.
- Compensation: Competitive base salary, plus stock options or performance bonus
- Work-Life Balance: Flex time, work from home
- Benefits Plan: Fitness allowance, dental, prescription, vision, disability, massage and more.
Indeed - 8 months ago