Tangam continues to grow and we are looking for a Application Engineer to join our team!
The successful candidate will plan, co-ordinate and perform product installation, on-site technical training and provide product support for customers. This person enjoys interacting with people, traveling to customer sites and acting as a technical hub to customers, the sales team and developers. He or she has a strong technical background and develops a deep understanding of the company's products. This person will work with our Applications Engineering team to contribute to ongoing improvement of product roll-out and support processes. The ideal candidate is looking to join a technology company that is on a tremendous growth trajectory. This position offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s growth, and in turn be recognized, rewarded and grow with the company.
Tangam is a leading provider of award-winning business intelligence solutions for casinos. Tangam invented and commercialized the casino industry’s first yield management software system that is used in casinos around the world. Tangam’s computer vision based tracking product was deemed by Popular Mechanics as “The most advanced surveillance tool in the gaming industry”.
Work-Life Balance: flex time, work from home, vacation time
Set-Up: high end computer/laptop, two monitors, 24" screen, ObusForme backrest
Benefits Plan: dental, prescription, vision, disability, massage and more..
Food & Fun: Starbucks coffee, teas, juice, snacks, team lunches
Competitive salary (upper quartile), plus stock options or performance bonus
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary contact point for customers on installation, technical training and support matters
- Provide second and third tier customer support
- Travel to the customer site to assist with product deployment and go-live
- Create and communicate status reports and schedules
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical assistance to the sales team
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of Tangam’s online knowledge base and support processes
- Help improve the customer support architecture through automation and web based software tools
- Gather information on customer needs, complaints and requests, and use this information to influence the development of the product line
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Must be willing to travel internationally for about 25% of working time
- Proficiency with computer networking
- Ability to learn new technical concepts and software tools rapidly
- Proficiency with computer troubleshooting (Windows operating system, hardware, etc.)
- Program management or support engineer experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic software development experience (.NET)
- Basic database and SQL knowledge
- Possess a driver’s license