Talize Employee Reviews in Canada

a learning lesson
Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Poor management and custmers complaints were often overlooked. The constant floor plan change often confused customers and made their shoopping experience at times very frustrating.
not worth it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCAugust 3, 2016
I worked in production. Was promised full time. Job wasn't full time. Supervisors and management spend the day walking around and telling everyone to go faster. They hope to get their quota as fast as possible so that they can send everyone home early. So, you hear "I need 250 more items" every day or something like that being harped at you. They time you on every job you do. Literally, you write it down on sheets. The times alloted aren't much. You will spend all day hauling at warp speed for..... minimum wage and so they can cut your hours savung themselves more money. If you ever need time off, you will most likely be denied. Family getting married and need 2 days off? Forget it. If you get sent home sick, you will be forced to bring a doctor note before you can work next. Even if they see you are sick and ask you to go home. Daily, the talk amongst employees consists of griping about how very little they are paid, the way they are talked to by the production supervisor/management, how they can't afford their families because of the lack of hours and they all talk of quitting. This Talize seems to have "hiring fairs" beause so many quit. Bottom line, if you want a job where you are severely overworked, underpaid, can never miss a single day and like getting talked to ignorantly by your bosses, this is the job for you. Why not sell your self respect and dignity for minimum wage?
Pros
free pizza on sale days
Cons
no hours, poor pay, poor treatment
It was a Great fun place to work
Sales Clerk, Halloween Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2016
Great place to work but not great with security for hours after halloween,A high turnover in Management and staff. They were not at gettting schedules up in time to make plans.
Pros
halloween customer
Cons
not enough hours
Awful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 16, 2016
The management is awful. You're talked down to, treated like you're stupid, and make you feel bad for asking questions. One manager in particular also gives off a sort of frustrated attitude when approached with questions or comments. A lot of employees seemed to have had a problem with one of the managers, of which, they do nothing about.

Company also gives fake promises of promotion within the company. Don't bet on it, they end up hiring people applying from outside the company.

Overall treatment is very poor, and no room for growth.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Treatment, management, dusty environment, low wages
bad place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 11, 2016
if u work in back or front .everyday u feel u not safe to be there .worst place to work .everything u do u get blame and they always hired new people and people walk out like that .i neven seen in my life that bad that half ppl quit or walk out or cry or blame on each other . no matter how hard u work it not good enough or say thank u or ask nice way to help other .u not done u job ,they ask u to do other people job .no wonder it should be 2 people job but one person have to do .u get hurt it ok .like one guy got hurt and it fine as they could not see on camera all . cant call in sick or else u in trouble . boss hold item for them in back but we not allow . they neven have supplies u need. lot of rule are broken and they dont care .all they want to be 1st in place .like i say neven good enough .if u thinking about apply go for it and see for u self .people stay 1 or 2 day and walk out like that .there is much more story to it .
Great company!
Team member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 6, 2016
The company has a great culture, coworkers are helpful and friendly, customers are outstanding.

The work is steady and not too difficult with a high focus on achieving or exceeding quota.

Amazing health benefits, fantastic management and love having my paid birthday off.
Pros
Everything. Im so glad to work here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCJune 3, 2016
• Organize, arrange, document and weigh donated items brought in by customers/ other organizations.
• Customer Service: assist customers in finding items, offering informed guidance on products that are available.
• Dealing with customer complaints promptly and fairly and relating it to the supervisors.
• Work independently and under minimal supervision. Also be required to work in groups and also train new employees in various areas of operations.
good place to start if you are new to canada or a student
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
depending on whether I worked in production or operations my day would consist of sorting through and pricing merchandise from different departments as well as providing customer service and keeping the store tidy. The hardest part of the job was being "on-call" because it was a retail position. if we were on call we had to call in for when our possible shift would be and our manager would tell us whether or not they would need us to come in that day.
Pros
pizza lunch on sale days
Cons
some management styles
dishonest management staff no support for the employees with HR use people and fire them when they don't need them anymore
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2016
I worked at Talize hamilton it was one of the worst places to work if you were cute than no problem the manager likes the ladies. They treat the employees unfair and just let them go without notice when it's convenient for them. They have unrealistic goals for the employees and if you have one off day and don't hit your goals look forward to a write up. It is a high stress job where the store manager bullies and plays mind games with the employees wouldn't recommend to anymore it's not worth the money.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about the place there is a big dark cloud over the whole store.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 13, 2016
Worked here for extra income as a Cashier. Don't remember to much but everyone was kind. And it just wasn't a job for me. The management could be a lot safer and better but that's not my job to say. I learned that standing in one spot for 8 hours a day is something I cant stand. I'm a person full of energy and need to be doing something.
Not much to say at the time.
Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 13, 2016
As in most companies you work for there are always pro's and con's. What I will miss the most, is the employee's that I worked with and our regular customers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not going to answer at this time as I was taught at a young age, if nothing nice to say..dont say anything
Fantastic place to work
On Site Donations (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 12, 2016
co-workers are amazing, jobs were somewhat easy and the management was very friendly and open. everyday was a fun learning experience!
You get what you put in
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Talize is a good place to work if you work honestly and productively.

The only stress you are put under is the stress you allow yourself to be put under.

There are sometimes communication problems between employee levels, but this can be rectified with effort rather than complaining.

Current management team are open and realize we are all a team with different tasks to accomplish.

At times, projects or ideas are abandoned mid-job.
Pros
Employee discount, some good co-workers.
Cons
Some employees get away with being slow and lazy and cause extra work from those with work ethic, which is highly unfair.
Terrible treatment of staff
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 31, 2015
Head Office Employees are rude and disrespectful to store employees. District manager hasn't a clue how to improve daily issues because they don't bother to try to experience what team members do. Store Manager at this location will not confront issues head on, prefers to ignore and hope it'll go away.

No job security for any employees. Very high turn over rate due to treatment of staff and low wages.

Head Office will not hesitate to terminate a team member for reporting injury, requesting time off, requesting that they be treated with respect or for asking for the schedule to be out one week in advance.

Do not apply here!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no respect. vacation blackout in October. dusty environment.
Good atmosphere
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  11930 88 Ave, Delta, BC V4C 3C8June 26, 2015
For those that do not know what a Talize is... it's basically a better version of Value Village. Everything here is is either brand new or only used once. I still see a price tag on some of these items! It's always a bargain here!Service/Organization: This Talize is very well organized. The large banners on the top of each section of items are very helpful. I find that this Talize has a really good organization system for clothes. They sort by style of clothes, size of clothes and then color! Tip: Some days they have specific colored tags on 50% off, so make sure you take advantage of the savings!
unfair management
Sales floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dixie road , MississaugaJune 17, 2015
no room for advancement ; one person monopoly ; employees have their own mind set ; not treated fair ; rude senior co-workers
Pros
employ discount
Cons
seasonal long hours
cool place to shop, not work
full time production / p.t cashier (Former Employee) –  brampton, onMay 25, 2015
If you like lifting heavy ,dirty items. Dealing with unorganized management and finicky cutomers for min. wage ,by all means this is the job for you. I tried so hard to stay with the company but they don't care about the workers who slave away all day. Its like a jail. I'd rather work at McDonalds than this moldy,dust accumulated place. It was so bad for my health physically and mentally I lost weight due to stress after working here.
Pros
decent benefits, employee discount
Cons
health hazards, quota expectations to be met, etc.
Friendly environment, lots of room for growth!
Full time worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCApril 30, 2015
While entry level positions are comparable to the competition, there is a lot of opportunity to move up and learn a lot of new skills for those who are interested.

The atmosphere is fun and friendly most of the time with lots of great co-workers and always interesting customers.

Tons of unique funky items and an always changing inventory!!
Pros
Staff lunches, benefits for full time employees, lots of room for growth, friendly people
Cons
Can be dusty, some donations are appalling
Fun place to work
worked here (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 12, 2015
Just like anyother job, fun place to work and its neat to be able to see all the products that come though. Some cool items.
A place to learn new skills needed
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  london, ontarioAugust 5, 2014
I worked with some great people I learned a great many number of skills. I developed great customer service.
Pros
will hire anyone with their availibility
Cons
big turnover of staff, low wages

2.7