Talize Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good place to start if you are new to canada or a student
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: pizza lunch on sale days
Cons: some management styles
depending on whether I worked in production or operations my day would consist of sorting through and pricing merchandise from different departments as well as providing customer service and keeping the store tidy. The hardest part of the job was being "on-call" because it was a retail position. if we were on call we had to call in for when our possible shift would be and our manager would tell us whether or not they would need us to come in that day.
dishonest management staff no support for the employees with HR use people and fire them when they don't need them anymore
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything about the place there is a big dark cloud over the whole store.
I worked at Talize hamilton it was one of the worst places to work if you were cute than no problem the manager likes the ladies. They treat the employees unfair and just let them go without notice when it's convenient for them. They have unrealistic goals for the employees and if you have one off day and don't hit your goals look forward to a write up. It is a high stress job where the store manager bullies and plays mind games with the employees wouldn't recommend to anymore it's not worth the money.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 13, 2016
Worked here for extra income as a Cashier. Don't remember to much but everyone was kind. And it just wasn't a job for me. The management could be a lot safer and better but that's not my job to say. I learned that standing in one spot for 8 hours a day is something I cant stand. I'm a person full of energy and need to be doing something.
Not much to say at the time.
Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Not going to answer at this time as I was taught at a young age, if nothing nice to say..dont say anything
As in most companies you work for there are always pro's and con's. What I will miss the most, is the employee's that I worked with and our regular customers.
Fantastic place to work
On Site Donations (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 12, 2016
co-workers are amazing, jobs were somewhat easy and the management was very friendly and open. everyday was a fun learning experience!
You get what you put in
General Labourer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, some good co-workers.
Cons: Some employees get away with being slow and lazy and cause extra work from those with work ethic, which is highly unfair.
Talize is a good place to work if you work honestly and productively.

The only stress you are put under is the stress you allow yourself to be put under.

There are sometimes communication problems between employee levels, but this can be rectified with effort rather than complaining.

Current management team are open and realize we are all a team with different tasks to accomplish.

At times, projects or ideas are abandoned mid-job.
Terrible treatment of staff
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: no respect. vacation blackout in October. dusty environment.
Head Office Employees are rude and disrespectful to store employees. District manager hasn't a clue how to improve daily issues because they don't bother to try to experience what team members do. Store Manager at this location will not confront issues head on, prefers to ignore and hope it'll go away.

No job security for any employees. Very high turn over rate due to treatment of staff and low wages.

Head Office will not hesitate to terminate a team member for reporting injury, requesting time off, requesting that they be treated with respect or for asking for the schedule to be out one week in advance.

Do not apply here!
Good atmosphere
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), 11930 88 Ave, Delta, BC V4C 3C8June 26, 2015
For those that do not know what a Talize is... it's basically a better version of Value Village. Everything here is is either brand new or only used once. I still see a price tag on some of these items! It's always a bargain here!Service/Organization: This Talize is very well organized. The large banners on the top of each section of items are very helpful. I find that this Talize has a really good organization system for clothes. They sort by style of clothes, size of clothes and then color! Tip: Some days they have specific colored tags on 50% off, so make sure you take advantage of the savings!
unfair management
Sales floor supervisor (Former Employee), Dixie road , MississaugaJune 17, 2015
Pros: employ discount
Cons: seasonal long hours
no room for advancement ; one person monopoly ; employees have their own mind set ; not treated fair ; rude senior co-workers
cool place to shop, not work
full time production / p.t cashier (Former Employee), brampton, onMay 25, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, employee discount
Cons: health hazards, quota expectations to be met, etc.
If you like lifting heavy ,dirty items. Dealing with unorganized management and finicky cutomers for min. wage ,by all means this is the job for you. I tried so hard to stay with the company but they don't care about the workers who slave away all day. Its like a jail. I'd rather work at McDonalds than this moldy,dust accumulated place. It was so bad for my health physically and mentally I lost weight due to stress after working here.
Friendly environment, lots of room for growth!
Full time worker (Current Employee), Delta, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Staff lunches, benefits for full time employees, lots of room for growth, friendly people
Cons: Can be dusty, some donations are appalling
While entry level positions are comparable to the competition, there is a lot of opportunity to move up and learn a lot of new skills for those who are interested.

The atmosphere is fun and friendly most of the time with lots of great co-workers and always interesting customers.

Tons of unique funky items and an always changing inventory!!
Fun place to work
worked here (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 12, 2015
Just like anyother job, fun place to work and its neat to be able to see all the products that come though. Some cool items.
A place to learn new skills needed
Production Worker (Former Employee), london, ontarioAugust 5, 2014
Pros: will hire anyone with their availibility
Cons: big turnover of staff, low wages
I worked with some great people I learned a great many number of skills. I developed great customer service.
Good company to work.
Store Production Manager, Brampton (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 19, 2014
New company and already some stores are unionized - may be tricky for management staffs. Job security for management staffs may be a problem. Salary is good but expectations are very high. Trying to compete with other thrift store companies but lack of GTA company may be a problem.
It's an uneithical business where all they do is terminate people.
Employee (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 18, 2014
This is a broken business where the owners don't have a clue about business. They hire managers to terminate previous managers and it's just a revolving door. They abuse and use employees; they don’t care about customers. Supporting the Children's Wish Foundation is a burden for them. Value Village, Salvation Army and Good Will have absolutely NOTHING to worry about! They’re a complete joke!
Decent-ish
Sales Associate (production) (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 21, 2014
So, all my co-workers were pretty awesome people. The one manager however didn't like people talking too loud
Fairly enjoyable work place, friendly coworkers, however lack of communication between managers
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Delta, BCNovember 16, 2013
Pros: convenient hours
Cons: not a career job
Product is sorted, and quality and price is determined. From there it is put onto its appropriate place on the sales floor. I have learned how to properly merchandise the sales floor to appeal to customers, and how to accurately price items to be put onto the floor. Overall the management team is open, and easy to talk to. However, they lack communication among themselves which leads to confusion in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is to continually maintain a clean and organized section throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall morale and convenient hours.
Not a good place to work
Employee (Former Employee), MississaugaNovember 12, 2013
Pros: good hours, pay not bad
Cons: high turn over, lack of management, lack of proper communication
Horrible place to work. Too much gossip. Management has no idea how to manage and staff gets away with things. Turn over in management very high. Uper management has no idea whats going on. Lots of safety issues.
bad place
Cashier (Former Employee), london,onAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: unreliable hour, do not train
- store in bad place to work
- bad turnover
- under no Perment manger management
Clean, fast-pased enviroment.
Production Worker (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 30, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: walking on eggshells
It is a nice place to work, friendly staff, awesome customers. Company as a whole is in a state of transition, so best to keep your head down.