Talize Thrift Store Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Overall Good Experience with retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2017
Overall Good Experience with retail experience. I learned a lot about organizing clothing and working with racks and item placing. As well handling the items that were brought in to be sold at the thrift store .
Productive, safe, and overall enjoyable place to work
❸ Operations Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2014
Working at Talize Thrift Store was indeed a physically demanding job which I enjoyed. A typical day at work as a recycler included stocking the necessary supplies for the other production workers while taking out the garbage and operating the forklift. It was a team member environment where everyone helped each other in order for things to run efficiently.

At times, the job was stressful. There were a few incidences which caused production to get backed up, however the managers make quick, necessary decisions in order to continue operating.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers. It was a friendly environment and very easy to adapt to. As a cashier, it was more of a relaxing job. Being a cashier gave me experience in interacting and conversing with the customers and helped develop my customer service experience.

I learned a lot about problem solving, taking more initiative, and felt confident with the responsibility that was given to me in a short period of time.
Pros
consistent hours and pay rates. Also Benefits and special holiday staff events.
Cons
constantly changing management and responsibilities
It is mostly a great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 February 2013
I worked with a diverse group of of people alot of them students. It is was a fun place to work and for the most part the staff was great. What I really enjoyed was getting to know the people that came into the store regularly. It was always nice to see how much people appreciate being remembered and smiled at. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the shoplifters, and unfortunately even though it is a thrift store, or maybe because it was, it happened on a regular basis.
Pros
getting a discount on the stuff in the store.
Cons
the fact that i was let go for not being more flexible with my hours, even though when they hired me they knew what i was available for.
Customer Service & Puttting Stock Away
Production Worker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC16 September 2012
Took care of the sales floor, helped out at change rooms, assisted customers and put stock away.
Pros
getting along with the employees.
Cons
shortage of hours.