Talisman Energy

Talisman Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Disjointed management and poor incentives
Exploration Geophysicist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: a few excellent mentors
Cons: too long to list here.
In my last role before being laid off, I felt isolated from my team, could not get traction from management on initiatives that I was pushing for and despite trying, felt I wasn't contributing to the team. The list goes on. From day-to-day inactivity to upper management not delivering on promises. While lasting friendships were made and some excellent – more... mentorship provided by a select few people, overall, Talisman is analogous to the Titanic and I regret not having the foresight to leave sooner when the opportunity had presented itself. – less
Productive and sucessful company
GIS Technician, GIS Analysit and Cartographer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2014
Pros: feedback
Process and Analyze Lidar data
Create hydrological features
Create spatial relationships of various linear features roads, streams, piplines etc
Very Unique leaders , very subjective, power tripping.
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice enduser
Cons: unfair management and unique it thinking
I was insulted by the one of my new lead guy.
this guy was throwing some insults comment and critizing my resolved tickets. only my resolved tickets. i feel so bad that I can bully back becAuse this is brought by my awesome team lead. this guy forgot to realize that if you been refer or brought in you must show promising attitude just to be fair to – more... the company because if havent done the company hiring process and qualified skillset. this guy promising? this is the guy you will push your self to learn voodoo magic because he was tolerated on his attitude.if I compare him to a doctor he can only cure a running nose but paid more a surgeon. entry level skills and worst attitude.
I have three team lead experienced at Talisman. first was good he always appreciated what I did that no one did and mentioned that I dont come with a question I come with an answer. feel goods to hear that.
second lead was good too, he told me I in top 20 on my level in calgary, I know its not true but feels good.
third lead. disturbing!!! one time I was being blame that she was been qustion by IT bosses why only one person know this thing. she said if we continue this thing we will start losing people. unbelievable you been scolded because you know more things. two months later she fired and said I cant tell you. its beyond my call. AMAZING! I knew the reason she dont like me personally and they assume I was brutally honest but they cant tell me because they only assume. because she havent ask the person that blew on them if i Mention. i am the one help on my weekend that ask by my lead boss group and this trigger/ causes them to fire me because they assume or my lead doesnt like me becuae ahe having her first impression symdrome? she doent communicate as a lead, no direction from at all. missed to reply an email. no support but pushback and irritation
I accepted it. when i leave the building I sent goodbye and some people with position not included on my email called me and convince me to call integrity. after two days I called integrity and tell them they have huge security problem but this IT dept instead of saying thank you. despite they fire me, I still reminded them what they missed, they put me on blacklisted not thinking thag calling integrity is the CEO initiative. brilliant mind. they blacklisted me for the benefits of the company and also my departmemt very abusive action.
this is not departmemt secret. i told my lead but she doesnt reply because she said drop this case, amazing again!
sad to say after I follow what CEO is encouraging to do and benefits them what they did to me is prevent not to get a job let me suffer and my family by doing them good even I was fired.
if I knew that taking that phone call will make my carrier into quicksand I will never ever cooperate. my department missed to think the objective of the call they called unprofessional but who showing professional here?
as far as I know secret/confidential will be the company's advantage compare to others, anything but good. keeping secret that you missed that causes company money is not a secret, unfair to the company that payin you.
and integrity is the right way to tell because you fire me without reason, only assuming. ask the people you assume I contacted before hurting people.
the most hurting is the upper management chooses to silence after saying "Thank you"
I will not exchange my doomed life and give family a rough life just to received a THANK YOU!
equality and transparency??? not even close.
from my happy personality turns into a monster because of this Unfair treatment! – less
no direction from management
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2014
not a good place to work career wise

management didnt know what was going on from day to day

no direction

no vision

no sense of what the future was holding for employees

town halls were all lip service , one week is all rosy the next was we are laying off 15%
Company does not value people
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, CAMay 14, 2013
Cons: no leadership; short-term outlook
Leadership does not exist with lack of alignment & communication gaps between all levels; culture is very reactive. Lack of respect for people and not walking the talk on company values. Very much short-term focus on cost reductions and telling people to only execute, perform and deliver better; silo mentality & structure. There are pockets of good – more... people, but most of the good people have left or are leaving. A sinking ship with no future. – less
Talisman not a fun place
Former employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2013
Pros: flex days.
Cons: company has no direction. leadership does not live the company values
Senior leadership is weak. Company is constantly "re-defining" itself. Very few women in senior management position (15%). Very little opportunity for advancement.

Likes to lay people off after returning from maternity leave or sick leave.
Fun place to work where it was very much a family culture.
Loss Control Administrator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 27, 2013
Pros: positive feedback and people. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Cons: an expectation to put in 110% all the time.
Lots of opportunity for advancement and to work in different departments. Always felt like I was an important asset to the success of the company.
Unstable, low motivation
HSE Specialist, Facilities and Construction (Current Employee), goodFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: good relation work-home
Cons: too unstable, have not made his mind
Not good company to work as a professional
A lot of management movement in short periot of time.
Low moral in workers, lot of time losst waiting for the top management answer
Great Company
Commercial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Warrendale, PASeptember 20, 2014
My time at Talisman was spent on capital budgeting, forecasting, pricing analysis, and other ad hoc projects. I really enjoyed my time there and the company culture was tremendous.
Working active Project Engineer and filled in for Project Manager who retired.
Project Engineer//Site Project Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TexasNovember 20, 2013
Pros: allows hands on work with craft personel
Cons: short term project work and very little look a head project scope.
Small Oil/Gas Canadian Company doing small project work