Talisman Energy Employee Reviews

Management tried to grow the company... until they sold it.
Petroleum Systems Analyst/ Exploration Geologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
The culture at Talisman was that of a small company trying to grow into a major company without the infrastructure and the knowledge. The change of CEO was detrimental to the company in many areas.
Great place to be
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
I have a really good relationship with my boss. I have made a lot of life long friends here,
I have been in this company for the past 6 years and sad to leave due to Repsol Acquisition.
Great Teams
Talent and Organizational development coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
I had the chance to work with a few amazing teams. All were supportive and helpful. The jobs can be stressful however overall a good experience. The leadership in the company was always supportive.
Senior Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2016
Great place to work, open and collaborative environment. Management at Talisman has been very supportive and paid attention to career development and growth of individuals.
good company
Contract operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB8 June 2016
My time with Talisman was enjoyable mainly because the men i worked with. With a can-do aditude and everyone willing to lend a hand which made for an enjoyable shift.
It was never a dull moment
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2016
Working at Talisman Energy/Repsol was an adventure. I enjoyed everyday I was there. I developed a reputation for getting things solved and always provided solutions to problems.
Pros
Cons
Having to leave due to economy with the Oil and Gas
Three years of layoffs shortly after starting.
Reserves Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2016
Very poor attitude towards workers. Every day employees come to work and not knowing if they will have a job at the end of the day. Lays off were not one-offs but a daily event. Morale was very low. Employees became very cynical about all levels of management.
Good People to work with.
Administrative Assistant - VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2016
I organized outlook calendars, scheduled meetings, arranged meetings rooms. I enjoyed co-ordinating and organizing air charters for Executive's field trips. I am a team player so worked well with my co-workers.
Edson office is a great place to work!
Role - Maintenance Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB15 December 2015
I worked as a Maintenance Planner for the Edson office. The people there are all great!! I loved the environment. The job was very busy. There was a lot of long hours! Great place to work all in all.

I left to take a job trying to further my career.
Pros
Great people at that office
Supportive and friendly workplace
Community Relations Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
I did an internship at Talisman in External Relations and I really enjoyed my time there. My colleagues were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot during my time there and enjoyed the work culture.
Pros
Free lunch and learns, coffee room and floor

Want to know more about Talisman Energy?

Ask a question
Generally nice work environment. Work culture is difficult though. Way too much stress
Project Manager/Senior Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
Generally nice work environment. Great learning resources as well as fantastic technical support group.
Senior management seemed way too distant during my time at the company. Company is very hierarchical and work culture can be toxic at times.
Pros
Fantastic learning resources
Cons
too hierarchical
Good environment
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2015
Employees are treated really well at Talisman. They give lots of support to employees.I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment, the atmosphere is electrifying.
Pros
Great atmosphere, quality benefits, Flexiable timings
company was about to get bought out
Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC8 September 2015
I learned so much working for talisman. it was a sweet gas plant bring in about 1100 decs a day. It was equipped with propane refrigeration and selexol dehydration
Nice working place
Senior Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2015
This job gave the opportunity to escalate in my career as I got a promotion as well as learned new skills, especially applied and learned new leadership skills.

I was involved in managing the Service Desk. Great experience and managers in general were great, especiall the last one which I worked with very closely.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
None, just left seeking new opportunities to advance in my career
Fun Workplace with co-operative co-workers and users.
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2015
Very Comfortable work environment,A typical day was started with user support since morning.Learned new applications ,software.Management was overall ok.Co-Workers were great to work with.Hardest part of the job was - sometimes needed to deal with customers who are angry and not satisfied with some another person's services.
Transitioning
Server Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Processes were easy to follow and implement
Operations queue was long, but manageable
Good staff to work with in terms of knowledge and processes
Pros
Transitioning environment
Information Governance Advice and Consulting
Information Governance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2015
Talisman is a great company to work with. With the recent changes in company ownership, it is unknown how the operation will function in the future.

The longevity of this review is about a month out and no longer.
Good Company to Work for
Messaging Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 October 2014
Flex hours
Emergency time off if needed
good working team
Management good
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Disjointed management and poor incentives
Exploration Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2014
In my last role before being laid off, I felt isolated from my team, could not get traction from management on initiatives that I was pushing for and despite trying, felt I wasn't contributing to the team. The list goes on. From day-to-day inactivity to upper management not delivering on promises. While lasting friendships were made and some excellent mentorship provided by a select few people, overall, Talisman is analogous to the Titanic and I regret not having the foresight to leave sooner when the opportunity had presented itself.
Pros
a few excellent mentors
Cons
Too long to list here.
Productive and sucessful company
GIS Technician, GIS Analysit and Cartographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2014
Process and Analyze Lidar data
Create hydrological features
Create spatial relationships of various linear features roads, streams, piplines etc
Pros
feedback